• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are barbiturates recreational?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what the rhyme says...

Reds beat the rest... Yellow's second best... Christmas trees are a test...

Tuinal is better than yellow jackets(pentobarbital), as Tuinal has secobarbital(the king of barbs) in it(along with amobarbital, which is a decent barb).

for me its:
1.) Seconal
2.) Tuinal
3.) pentobarbital

Tuinal is better than yellow jackets(pentobarbital), as Tuinal has secobarbital(the king of barbs) in it(along with amobarbital, which is a decent barb).

for me its:
1.) Seconal
2.) Tuinal
3.) pentobarbital

Tuinal is too much...
...it just made me sloppy.

Still pretty fun...

I'm still waiting for Ketamine/opiate combo. I don't know why they haven't already. Ketamine increases the analgesic effects of opiates (duh - works on the opiate receptors) and it also apparently keeps tolerance lower

Totally off topic - I'm just on Ketamine right now.

I have a question for the general public, here, or people who have first hand experience with Barbs....

Would combining Benzo (Klon, Xan, take your pick) with amphetamine (Dexedrine) give the same feeling as a barb would? Or, is the chemical structure of the barb differ enough that it can not be duplicated with todays medicine? Just curious.

Tomer

Secobarbital is my favorite. Yes, they can be very euphoric and sedating. Make you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Really bad memory loss while under the influence. Also becomes hard to form sentences. Very intoxicating.

Shhhhh don't tell him that.... I was being a good sumaritom by helping him dispose of then properly.

On a serious note reds are my fave.

I have a question for the general public, here, or people who have first hand experience with Barbs....

Would combining Benzo (Klon, Xan, take your pick) with amphetamine (Dexedrine) give the same feeling as a barb would? Or, is the chemical structure of the barb differ enough that it can not be duplicated with todays medicine? Just curious.

Tomer

Short answer. No...

I partially disagree. I agree that "most" barbiturates are more recreational than benzodiazepines but I disagree that phenobarbital is better.

i'd say the only benzo that is better than phenobarbital is temazepam.

the rest phenobarbital is better.

I don't like phenobarbital so I'd prefer the good benzodiazepines like clonazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, & midazolam. Probably even alprazolam. To me phenobarbital is like a more sedating, longer acting lorazepam.

I don't like phenobarbital so I'd prefer the good benzodiazepines like clonazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, & midazolam. Probably even alprazolam. To me phenobarbital is like a more sedating, longer acting lorazepam.

i really can't compare phenobarbital to many benzos, a barb is a barb and a benzo is a benzo(barbs are generally significantly better).

phenobarbital has the drunk-like barb feeling, it just has a slower onset and less euphoria than others. its surely better than lorazepam and alprazolam.

i'd take temazepam over it because i find temazepam to be especially euphoric, but really no other benzo can compare with a barb imo.

At rehab I was administered Phenobarbital for polydrug abuse (alcohol + drugs). The first day I was administered 180mg twice a day then 120mg twice a day then 60mg twice a day and finally 30mg once a day. Day 5 I was off and then onto Methadone. Lorazepam was administered if it was really needed. I was also administered 20mg diazepam every 4 hours so I was well sedated. The first day there I felt good after my second dose of 180mg Phenobarbital, 20mg of diazepam and a shot of 2mg lorazepam..

At rehab I was administered Phenobarbital for polydrug abuse (alcohol + drugs). The first day I was administered 180mg twice a day then 120mg twice a day then 60mg twice a day and finally 30mg once a day. Day 5 I was off and then onto Methadone. Lorazepam was administered if it was really needed. I was also administered 20mg diazepam every 4 hours so I was well sedated. The first day there I felt good after my second dose of 180mg Phenobarbital, 20mg of diazepam and a shot of 2mg lorazepam..

damn they really drugged you up there, maybe i should go to rehab... ;)

To be honest I was very comfortable with my trip. I "stayed sedated" :)

They do a good job for alcoholics. I wasn't as bad of an alcoholic as I said I was. I knew I'd get more drugs if I exaggerated. Alcohol wasn't so much my problem as opiates were. They sure did administer a lot of Immodium and vitamines. And clonidine. I was really out of it the first couple days.

To be honest I was very comfortable with my trip. I "stayed sedated" :)

They do a good job for alcoholics. I wasn't as bad of an alcoholic as I said I was. I knew I'd get more drugs if I exaggerated. Alcohol wasn't so much my problem as opiates were. They sure did administer a lot of Immodium and vitamines. And clonidine. I was really out of it the first couple days.

i was planning on going vacation and going to a rehab clinic and saying i'm an alcoholic who's severely addicted to heroin sounds like a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.