• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Getting/Staying Sober and/or Clean vs Not Fooling Around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verri,
Was there a clear trigger, something to watch for next time?
Or maybe it was just one of those things. Those happen too!

I was triggered for a few days, lost my job and shit, i'm just stressed out... I ended up caving and my bf came over, he was 5 days clean. We haven't seen eachother in a while. Somehow we convinced ourselves it'd be the last time (famous words, I know :\ ) before he goes back to rehab. He's going in like a week or something... Ugh i feel so sick, its weird doing it every day for so long you get so used to it, then stopping even for just under a month i feel gross now with it in my body. I never wanna do this again. I've said that so many times too. blah.

Verri,
Thank you for your honesty, as well as for coming right back here. You have those clean days that no one can take from you.

:)

This is where I go when I need to talk lol. It's, a support group but you don't have to talk in person, it's great! Especially for people who aren't comfortable with face-to-face convos.

:)

This is where I go when I need to talk lol. It's, a support group but you don't have to talk in person, it's great! Especially for people who aren't comfortable with face-to-face convos.

totally. peace.
-sim

24 more in the books good people;)

f3d022923e10e0164da7fd69913495b8.jpg

2 days sober here, soon to be 3 after I went off the rails again. Strangely last month it seemed I was for the most part in control of my drinking and I didn't have any bad things happen, but somehow I slipped up again this month and ended up binging for about a week. It seems like every time that happens it takes more of a toll on me each time and is harder to bounce back from both physically and mentally. There's probably some scientific reason for that but either way I'm getting too old for this. I used to be able to drink hard for a month straight and stop with no real side effects but those days are LONG gone. Anyways I'm going to try again to cut out the drinking but completely this time before I end up either in urgent care or the loony bin. Mentally I'm still not all there from 2 days ago and while I've never had full blown dt's the last day of drinking and first day sober left my brain scrambled with some seriously delusional and paranoid thinking. Each time it happens I literally feel like a part of me has died and I think I may be finally learning it's just not worth it for me to risk it anymore.

Last edited:
just coming out of a bender thats lasted since christmas really , ive no recollection of the last 4/5 months other than an attempt at cleaning up during this time

well i am now about 10 days clean and 5 days off the meds as well already in a better place mentally healthy eating has help a lot not sure how long i can keep this up i am aiming on till the 24th of may my 38th but we will have to see

Day two of medical taper detox (on DHC) from my pain meds (morphine) for my shoulder. Four more days to go and I am opiate and benzo free again. Today was a good day, got my medical deferal from this year of uni rolling and was feeling ok enough to do some volunteer work.

hey everyone! it feels like it has been a while! i am just checking in to see how everyone is doing, and i hope everyone is doing well!

i havent injected heroin, meth, or cocaine since december 26th! i have only used adderall once, and kratom once since then! and i occasionally drink; so id say i am doing extremely well!

<3 yall

hey everyone! it feels like it has been a while! i am just checking in to see how everyone is doing, and i hope everyone is doing well!

i havent injected heroin, meth, or cocaine since december 26th! i have only used adderall once, and kratom once since then! and i occasionally drink; so id say i am doing extremely well!

<3 yall

Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

13 days clean from tryptamines and phenethylamines. I still have cravings but the thing that has kept me clean is the fact that if I use hard drugs, I risk getting fired by my dad if he finds out, which he usually does because I usually end up fessing up, and if I lost my job I wouldn't be able to work with my best friend who is my coworker. Working with him is way better than using hard drugs, so I am going to keep my job and stay clean.

I am motivated to resume my original taper plan with my oxy. I got a little off track due to some physical pain issues (which is why they are prescribed). The taper is underway as I write this.

Congratulations everyone!

Awesome you are commencing your taper plan again P0kemama! :)

I understand pain, and experience it daily. I am seeing a surgeon soon. I take 4x800mg IBP's a day. Hang in there.

Best,
Smoky

Today makes 14 days clean for me. That feels good, but it is *rough* pressing through the cravings. What little sleep I got last night was full of dreams about dope. :\

I am sticking 100 % to my taper plan today. W/D between dosages are minimal... I think the walking is really helping with my attitude...I hope I can do this again tomorrow.

Good to hear P0kemama,

I think I did more walking during my taper than I ever did before in life. It was very helpful for me and productive in releasing endorphins.

Congrats simco on 14 days, keep up the good work, stay strong… :)

Status
Not open for further replies.