• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Apptetite suppressants

lennnox

Greenlighter
What drugs can supress the appetite other than amphetamine and metaamphetamine? I know cocaine can, but it only last very shortly.

in my experience:-

beer
kratom
DXM
MDMA
LSD
2C-B
Ketamine
nicotine
caffeine
concerta

pretty much anything that has an effect on adrenalin. norepinephrine i believe is what makes us not feel hungry as we're in a sort of flight or flight state.

similar to being very startled, scared etc... the last thing your body needs in that state is food

Caffeine, try drinking some black tea, coffee, or yerba mate. But make sure you eat a small amount of food with it.

Ephedrine and caffeine stack is commonly used in bodybuilding circles for this. Personally speaking it kills appetite but comes with its own risks.

for me, anything other than opiates
they make me hungry af
the skinny smackhead image is a hollywood imago

I started vyvanse roughly 3 weeks ago started on 40mg then got bumped upped to 60 3 days ago and ive lost 25lbs i was perscribed it not only for my adhd but i had a binge eating disorder. I have zero appitite since starting it i drink 2 slimfasts a day along with a bunch of water.

Beer ?? .. I never heard that ever! Mmm Beer and a steak, Hungry AF now

Thank you all for your replies! But beer!? Lol, I get the sickest cravings/hunger and want to all the junk in the world :D

Lennox, what would be really helpful is if you could maybe outline the reasons behind why you're needing an appetite suppressant. Are you actually, severely overweight and feel that you could be reasonably be prescribed drugs for such a condition or are you looking to "lose a few pounds" or even some other unnamed scenario? Things like Amphetamines and Amphetamine-esque substances like Phentermine (Adipex) are great at reducing weight, but the issue is that people typically lack the self-control when the effects of the drug wear off and end up eating their weight back on rapidly. You might not be one of these cases.

Are you just interested or are you trying to lose weight? I used Clenbuterol when I wanted to lose 30 pounds and it worked a charm. It stimulates you slightly, decreases appetite and promotes blood flow to hard to reach areas such as love handles and belly fat.

Be careful when taking it though because it isn't exactly good for you.

calorie control and exercise out of the picture?
honestly, chems are good in short term but if you don't learn better habits the weight'll pile back on once upon cessation of the drugs

calorie control and exercise out of the picture?
honestly, chems are good in short term but if you don't learn better habits the weight'll pile back on once upon cessation of the drugs

This is very true but unfortunately not everyone has enough will power. A girl I worked with got a script for appetite suppressants and she lot of weight whilst using them in conjunction with exercise and she lost a lot of weight and kept it off once she stopped taking the pills.

I've fluctuated weight throughout my life (never major skinny or major obese) and I've always gotten a plan from a popular bodybuilding site and followed it and it's always worked for me.

This is very true but unfortunately not everyone has enough will power. A girl I worked with got a script for appetite suppressants and she lot of weight whilst using them in conjunction with exercise and she lost a lot of weight and kept it off once she stopped taking the pills.

I've fluctuated weight throughout my life (never major skinny or major obese) and I've always gotten a plan from a popular bodybuilding site and followed it and it's always worked for me.

hello fellow Londoner!
you couldn't link that website could you? might be beneficial for anyone reading this and looking for an alternative weight-loss plan than - almost certainly- stimulants

but i'm not disparaging medication - just advising exploring every possible pathway before relying on them incase you can't cope without them.

hello fellow Londoner!
you couldn't link that website could you? might be beneficial for anyone reading this and looking for an alternative weight-loss plan than - almost certainly- stimulants

but i'm not disparaging medication - just advising exploring every possible pathway before relying on them incase you can't cope without them.

Hello keeping!

Here is the link:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan-all.html

I highly recommend the Kris Gethin 2 week daily trainer which I have followed and lost over 10kg and was in the best shape of my life.

I think the main takeaway from this issue, is that stimulant appetite suppressants can be very helpful in helping to reduce weight, but for the changes to be truly permanent, it will involve more than just the stimulants. Exercise and adjustments in your eating habits are going to be just as important, because when you reduce your stimulant intake, the desire to eat can be very strong.

Im just going to list everything I can think of that is available, mostly in the American market, but many are available elsewhere as well.

Phentermine
Phendimetrazine
Benzphetamine (an excellent and underrated amphetamine)
Topiramate
Topiramate/Phentermine combo
Naltrexone/Bupropion combo
Lisdexamphetamine.

There are also things like sibutramine and phenylproanolamine (ephedra as well) but these have been taken off the market I am most familiar with.

I find that a modafinil/armo + caffeine combo kills my appetite pretty effectively (sometimes even at times when I wish it didn’t).

Last edited:
What drugs can supress the appetite other than amphetamine and metaamphetamine? I know cocaine can, but it only last very shortly.

Anything that inhibts serotonin uptake or increases amounts of it, effectively suppresses the appetite for me. Easily obtainable are 5-HTP, Tryptophan, Sceletium Tortuosum.

Small (2-5mg) amounts of Yohimbine effectively reduces appetite for hours. Kratom and Yerba Mate do it to a certain extent as well.

Lennox, how's that update coming along? I'm interested in reducing from 140lbs to a happy, healthy 2-3 stone. Don't tell me what to do with my body and definitely don't thin-terrogate me.

Green tea and Yerba Mate are reasonable natural options. Sibutramine used once later in the day (when the cravings are hardest) has also been very helpful in the past on very strict diets.

But yeah, a good diet and plenty of regular exercise are vital to any sustainable weight loss.