View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

anything stronger than dmt visual wise?

spacetrippin

Bluelighter
im lookin to find out any psychedlic besides dmt that will take you to hyperspace like dmt will and im only talking about psychedlics not k or mxe

This is a pretty nonspecific description. Dmt is a special drug but you can get strong visuals from all sorts of other stuff. I immediately thought has this guy not done good acid? Or real hallucinaginic shrooms ( not the body high crap)? But dmt is its own thing, nothing will be like dmt. Not sure why you say no k, I respect that, but best visuals or most intense trip for me was heroin, ketamine, and acid. And I'm thinking it was the kitty flipping that was so great. Good luck-- nothing will be like dmt.

Salvia is probably more far out then DMT. But you mentioned that you aren't into dissociatives, such as it is...

DPT sure has potential to be a slightly darker form of hyperspace too..

How about some fun deliriants? Datura or something similar will have you seeing all sorts of things that aren't even there. Not that I'd recommend actually taking it.

High dose 4-aco-dmt will definitely take you to a place extremely reminiscent to dmt hyperspace, im thinking that most of the 4 subbed tryptamines are capable of producing effects similar but longer lasting than a breakthrough dose of their non substituted parent compounds.

High dose 4-aco-dmt will definitely take you to a place extremely reminiscent to dmt hyperspace, im thinking that most of the 4 subbed tryptamines are capable of producing effects similar but longer lasting than a breakthrough dose of their non substituted parent compounds.

High dose 4-AcO-DMT should be pretty much the same as high dose mushrooms. Anyway, high dose mushrooms, high-dose LSD, and salvia are all at least as strong as DMT visual-wise, except you might be dissociated in that manner for a couple hours.

Mushrooms in particular are very reminiscent of DMT at high doses, >6g (dry).

High dose 4-AcO-DMT should be pretty much the same as high dose mushrooms.

It's not though...I've taken high dose shrooms, 12+ grams, many times and it was nowhere near as visual, for me, as 4-AcO-DMT.

4-AcO-DMT is very similar to n,n,DMT qualitatively, but much longer duration...I couldn't eat enough shrooms ever and have them be as visual as n,n,DMT or 4-AcO-DMT is.

What was your tolerance like when you were necking 12g of cubensis phuck? I'm still necking 12-15 dried grams but that's because I took so many mushrooms back when they were legal in the UK that I appear to have a permanent tolerance.

If you want a strong trip do for scopolamine now that will mess you up. Or Ibogaine from what I've heard it's quite the trip; I'm actually planning on going to a retreat for opiate addicts to try it myself.

5-MeO-DMT is supposed to be pretty extreme. I guess it's basically a more potent form of DMT. Haven't tried it myself but I have read trip reports on Erowid. Personally, the most extreme thing I ever tried was Salvia, which someone else mentioned. If you get a few solid hits of concentrate everything goes into a distortion wave. The visual field distorts in a slow spiraling manner and time also distorts. Time distortion is very disconcerting. The Salvia distortion wave is overwhelming. Your entire body becomes involved in the spiral wave. There is nothing solid to anchor yourself to. I found it quite frightening. Thank god it only lasts about 15 minutes.

5-MeO-DMT is supposed to be pretty extreme. I guess it's basically a more potent form of DMT.

Yes, 5-meo-dmt is both more potent and more powerful than dmt in terms of hyperspace.
But 5-meo-dmt is very weak when it comes to visuals.

So, to answer the thread title ("anything stronger then dmt visual wise?"):
Nope, 5-meo-dmt is definitely not more visual than dmt.

But to answer the question in the OP:

im lookin to find out any psychedlic besides dmt that will take you to hyperspace like dmt will

Yes, 5-meo-dmt is a stronger hyperspace inducer than dmt.

It's not though...I've taken high dose shrooms, 12+ grams, many times and it was nowhere near as visual, for me, as 4-AcO-DMT.

4-AcO-DMT is very similar to n,n,DMT qualitatively, but much longer duration...I couldn't eat enough shrooms ever and have them be as visual as n,n,DMT or 4-AcO-DMT is.

For me, it was - qualitatively pretty indistinguishable from a strong mushroom trip (which are all fairly variable within themselves, but still distinct from others), with a lack of nausea and less pronounced physical effects in general - although during the peak I'm not sure I had a physical body. On the come-up and plateau I didn't it as much.

I find N,N-DMT and mushrooms at high doses to be pretty similar in general anyway. It also seems strange to me that any one of them could be... more visual, at all, than any other, when you take enough. You disappear into the visuals. They're different, but the original question was about the strength or intensity of visuals. Take enough and for me it really doesn't matter if it's acid, O-acetylpsilocin, mushrooms, or DMT - it does not, and cannot, get any more visual, at least in any meaningful way I would be able to distinguish.

Out of all the psy-hallucinogens I've done, I'd say mescaline definitely resulted in the strongest visuals for me, when I was peaking on them. That was intense (in a good way)

Followed by DMT.

Can I just say that I think the people suggesting deleriants such as datura or scopolamine should re-consider such blasé recommendations? I understand that, given the ambiguous nature of the OP, deleriants seem like an appropriate suggestion but they really aren't psychedelics- which seems to be the main stipulation of the OP. We are talking about chemicals whose psychoactivity cannot be separated from the dangerous physical effects. Throwing such a suggestion out there is just careless IMO...

Spot on. The allegation that 4-AcO-DMT is metabolised into 4-Ho-DMT seems unfounded, at least in terms of subjective effects. 4-AcO-DMT has a substantially shorter duration then mushrooms (counter-intuitive for a prodrug) as well as quite a different quality of hallucination. Its evident that the two chemicals are similar though, but that's just it.

4-AcO-DMT is much closer to DMT visuals then psilocybin, for me at least.

Can't compare with DMT, but weed can get pretty visual IME.

You could try to eat enormous amounts of weed edibles. I've experienced with salvia and 4-ho-met and still haven't beaten the intensity of the OEV's I got from my space cake overdose ;) it involved massive blue trails, and I was receiving images only every second... people reading this, has anyone experienced this? It was like my brain/vision was lagging big time. When I moved my hand in front on me, it wasn't a continuous movement anymore, but I would see it moving instantly from one position to the next. When I got better, in the toilets, I could see little characters moving on my jeans.

Be prepared for extreme nausea and head spinning however... maybe not such a good idea actually. It was the worst bad trip of my life, I seriously thought I would end up in the hospital that night. When the cake hit me, I could hardly breathe.

I also got the craziest CEV's of my life from just a little bit of weed (3D and very intense and colourful), after a beer and a long day of work under the august sun. The OEV's were pretty crazy too. And similar to some of the visuals I got from 17,5 mg of 4-ho-met fumarate, only more intense. Faces on posters were morphing like crazy.

Actually the OEV's I got from weed shared some similarities with the ones I got from 2C-D and 4-HO-MET (ever-morphing faces for example). Whereas salvia is another deal, it just screws up my environment completely

Last edited:
Spot on. The allegation that 4-AcO-DMT is metabolised into 4-Ho-DMT seems unfounded, at least in terms of subjective effects. 4-AcO-DMT has a substantially shorter duration then mushrooms (counter-intuitive for a prodrug) as well as quite a different quality of hallucination. Its evident that the two chemicals are similar though, but that's just it.

4-AcO-DMT is much closer to DMT visuals then psilocybin, for me at least.

Its also worth mentioning that when I IV'd it, there wasnt a delayed onset like there would be with an inactive prodrug that needs to be metabolized into another active drug. I was rocketing upwards quite quickly within seconds. 4-aco-dmt is absolutely active and not just a prodrug, I have also experienced it being more visual and qualitatively different. However it is quite certain that 4-ho-dmt is a metabolite and a degradation product of 4-aco-dmt.

IME the most effective route to visuals is combining 2C-B with LSD. It's a very pleasant combo as well, and more effective for visuals than just upping the dose of either of them. It doesn't take you to the DMT "hyperspace" though. Maybe LSD with DMT is what you're looking for. Never tried it myself, but there are plenty of trip reports.

Last edited: