• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anything I should know before trying methamphetamine?

meth mouth is mainly just down to poor dental hygiene. yes smoking meth isn't the best thinmg for your teeth and it also gives you dry mouth but these things can be kept on top of, i'd say around 80% of the damage done by 'meth mouth' could easily have been avoided if the idiots just brushed their teeth a bit more, that, and stop chugging fuckin mountain dew lol.

yeah I agree, dry mouth / letting bacteria run rampant / poor dental hygiene rather than some inherent tooth rotting attribute.

Thanks so much for the reply
I guessed as much. I take meth orally once or twice a fortnight. Am I at risk p.s. I brush twice a day ;). X)

Can meth last 12 hrs I find it lasts 8 I have something to eat and I have a really euphoric and pleasant sleep

I've never once had a comedown just a feeling it slowly leaving my system
Does anyone else have this experience?

I've never once had a comedown just a feeling it slowly leaving my system
Does anyone else have this experience?

i'm not sensible enough with my drugs to ever experience a casual comedown, its either fullblown withdrawals or nout.
congrats on being able to kerp your head screwed on under pressure

What causes your teeth to rot from method use is it how you take it or how long you take it

Your saliva gets a little dry and you should drink water and chew some gum to keep your mouth moist. Use biotene mouthwash to replenish your amylase and brush as usual , dont overdo it snd wear the enamel out.

Basically dont go on days long binges. Look after yourself like you should when using any drug as if you just keep going you run out of dopamine and feel like shit and thats a waste of time. :)

Yeah, meth will rot your teeth out. That isn't propaganda whatsoever but it is possible to take some countermeasures. It is caused by a combination of dry mouth (everyone gets this side effect) and being neglectful of your health and dental hygiene while on binges. Not to mention the corrosive chemicals involved.

Seems simple to fix, carry around a bottle of water and drink plenty, make sure you brush your teeth daily and again after each use, monitor nutrition and sleep at night.

BUT the high that meth will give you tends to make you spacey, hyper, unconcerned about healthy habits, easily distracted, forgetful, etc. You may plan on doing these healthy things on your binge, but once you're high as fuck you won't give a shit anymore, lol. Plus you simply forget how dehydrated you are.

I've never done meth before but I would imagine if one was on a bender, would they not be actually quite obsessive over their hygiene? I mean I feel like meth binges would cause like obsessive teeth brushing and shit.
Yeah, meth will rot your teeth out. That isn't propaganda whatsoever but it is possible to take some countermeasures. It is caused by a combination of dry mouth (everyone gets this side effect) and being neglectful of your health and dental hygiene while on binges. Not to mention the corrosive chemicals involved.

Seems simple to fix, carry around a bottle of water and drink plenty, make sure you brush your teeth daily and again after each use, monitor nutrition and sleep at night.

BUT the high that meth will give you tends to make you spacey, hyper, unconcerned about healthy habits, easily distracted, forgetful, etc. You may plan on doing these healthy things on your binge, but once you're high as fuck you won't give a shit anymore, lol. Plus you simply forget how dehydrated you are.

You tend to get very involved in whatever you're doing at the moment. If you start cleaning, next you realize it's been 24 hours and you're still organizing closets. Or 24 sexual escapades, 24 hours of web surfing, etc. So you skip typical daily activities and routines.

Just like any other harder drug, once you're seriously addicted it causes you to make poor decisions and these take a toll on your life. You're depressed, life's a mess, you begin to lose interest in hobbies, daily routines, eventually even simple good hygiene is neglected.

Last edited:
Last week I was out smoking some bud at my usual spot and I came across this dude laying on the ground just chilling so I ask him if he wants to take a couple hits, he said yes and he got talking about lots of stuff including how he does meth. I've been very curious about harder drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine, ect.) but I haven't tried any yet because I haven't had any available to me. I plan on only doing it once, and then maybe on special occasions like twice a year?? I'm not too worried about addiction because I've been on and off many different drugs throughout my life without any problems. I think it would be an interesting thing to experience and something I would like to try. Anything I should know before trying it?

Honestly i'd just try to get some damn <snip>You can try whatever you want, but that's all it is.. You might not even like the stuff
I think <snip> is the only one i'd even consider if I look at it like that- from an outside view or whatever

Go ahead and do what you want, but odds are you won't like anything else because you're expecting this big effect that isn't there.

Get what I mean

* We are here to reduce harm, not suggest dangerous drugs to anybody"

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Are you kidding me, man?

Ffs.

Pleasehelpjeff,

I would think it's a combination of the corrosive chemicals of smoked, even snorted as you're sure from the drip to get some in the mouth. The fact that most let their hygiene decline....in other words, brush your teeth. Poor diet on meth.

Best to quit. If not, eat well, stay hydrated, brush your teeth especially after doing meth, sleep, and just don't let your self care and hygiene slip badly as many do.

Hope this helps. I did meth several years, no meth mouth for the record

Peace.

Last edited:
Gormur, Bluelight tries to be an HR forum as best as we realistically can. Please don't randomly recommend people start using heroin. That's not a good idea and I think you and most of the rest of us know it.

Ritalin is not an amphetamine by the way and does not hit many of the target amp does, like TAAR1, VMAT2 etc. Ritalin is also not a releasing agent like (meth)amphetamine. Keep in mind the prescribed dosage for meth is 5mg with a maximum of 25 mg a day. I don't believe it is neurotoxic if taken as prescribed but that's I a guess at best. There's a reason its rarely prescribed and I've hear far too many horror stories to bother with it.

Not to mention the fact that most people who use meth smoke cigs so your mouth can really take a beating

When you smoke meth it will leave like this powdery residue on the stem, can't imagine that's good for your teeth either

investing in a toothbrush and some bars of soap is a good place to start the fight against poor hygiene on meth

but don't believe the faces of meth bullshit, that's more of a lifestyle thing. Just smoking meth in and of itself wont turn you into a ghoul from Fallout overnight.

Personally, I've had nothing but negative response to amphetamines (speed/Adderall is as far as I've gone, alongside RC's like (me)/thiopropamine which I found little different in terms of effects, and the phenidates which were even worse) .

i see my post got deleted BUT what i said i explained why i would suggest such thing and it makes sense, for the mature ONLY, i will say

anyway, kind of sucks there is availability of only one option, opinion on this forum and it always has to be DONT DO IT. kind of silly, if a person already has made it their goal to do it anyway. do you honestly believe by saying dont do it its bad for you its going to deter them? im pretty sure most of these people arent 5 year olds

Please listen to me, kid. The goal of all of us on here is to prevent people from blindly sliding down the slippery slope of feeling that they need to depend on something external: whether it's to be strong, to grow up, to feel the enthusiasm of life, or even to just function day-to-day. Most people can achieve all of those without any substances, and encouraging them to slip into addiction would be a disservice to them.

It is on the other hand undeniable that some people do need reasonable doses of certain drugs/medications to reach their full potential - antidepressants, stimulants, and antipsychotics are three major examples, although all are definitely over-prescribed and often incompetently dosed. But all of that takes time to realise and come to grips with, and requires either a competent doctor (rare) or a very good trip-sitter (pretty much just as rare).

Last edited:
That powder might be a mix of sodium hydroxide and sodium carbonate from thermal decomposition of sodium bicarbonate as well as trace metal impurities.

I only take adderall but sucking on something or chewing gum seems to help alot. I think acidic or basic conditions damage your proteins so once you dry out your mouth any acid or base can basically directly disrupt whatever it touches. Id think alcohol could make it worse by dissolving the lipids in your mouth that protect it though mouth wash briefly might be benefical.