• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

yea ever scence i started smoking good bud i say why drink fire water and smoke a pack of cigs and get depressed wen i can get that happy silly clean high from cronic

i used to drink A LOT - high school and i went to a big party college and the state i lived in heavily promoted getting shit-faced. i have always been a black out drunk who gets into all sorts of trouble and chaos - too many guys, temper tantrums, emotional crazyness and random rediculous situations. when i do drink, i always seem to get trashed and end up doing horribly embarassing things and ruining holidays, special occasions and even a random weekday for other people. now, i have some beers or wine occasionally but im becoming more grossed out about the taste and i like getting high soooo much more. also, i like drugs better because i dont like drinking calories (i know, i know).

Drinking makes me puke constantly. Plus the buzz off other drugs is so much more enjoyable. I basically only drink socially these days, and usually end up drinking on top of another drug I've done

I used to drink heavy everyday if I wasn't drunk i was hung over. Then I discover heroin and now I never drink makes me cringe. Ofcourse my habit now is no better as drinking. But I love the opiates.

count me in.

i really like quality craft beers--mainly belgian blonde ales and tripels, german hefeweizens, and american (india) pale ales--as well as high end bourbon. i enjoy the taste, i enjoy critiquing them and debating their relative merits. but drinking to get drunk just doesn't do it for me anymore. i was an alcoholic for a couple of years, really up until this march. i finally got tired of crappy sleep, hangovers, feeling like shit all day.

now i drink maybe one or two craft beers per week (never more than one in a night, though) which is a DRASTIC reduction of where i was at even six months ago. i definitely do not like alcohol intoxication anymore, but i like the taste of certain alcoholic beverages, if that makes sense.

My stomach is not really liking it, but that's not just because of alc obviously, the alc just definitely makes it worse. Although if i could have some beers everytime I burned that would be fantastic.

I absolutely hate drinking! I've done a lot of stupid shit while drunk, plus I tend to black out. I always remember what I did after smoking some weed or popping a few pills. Alcohol is a whole different story. I hate the taste and I hate how I feel while under the influence. I haven't had a drink in two years and I have no desire to do so. :-D

For me drinking is always an anticipatory thing... kinda like coke.

I'm only in good spirits while I'm in the process of getting drunk. Once I'm there I tend to tune out and don't enjoy myself.

I never really liked drinking that much, never enjoyed the drunk feeling really. I definitely dont enjoy it as much as I do drugs now, so I rarely drink. Maybe the occasional fruity beverage every now and then...but that's pretty much it.

I quit drinking at New Year's after it had become rather problematic. And a couple of weeks later realised I hadn't enjoyed it for ages anyway!

Nice, I'm trying to quit. I still go to AA meetings, I tell em I feel like drinking, and for the whole hour people told me how seriously Alcohol has fucked their lifves up, and what do I do after the meeting, I get phone numbers, and grab a six pack. I feel so fucking awful the next day. I go to the 6:30AM meeting and tell them I drank after I left a meeting. They didn't criticize me, They just told me to keep coming back... Wow <3

i feel pretty much the same way. i only drink in social settings now or on special occasions. not daily like i used to. i used to always keep a nice big bottle of goose in my freezer at all times. not anymore

I used to drink heavily. This time last year I drank from morning to night. Now I don't drink at all. I find weed to be much more pleasant overall.

i was never too big into drinking and i'm still a bigger lightweight than most people i know; but ever since i started rolling i drink less often than i even used to [i'd say MAYBE once or twice a month]

Its fun.

And that's about it.

It can be very dangerous. It's very stealthily and connivingly addictive. Drink too much, you throw up. You feel like shit after it's over. You do stupid things while you're drunk. You can be a different person. You say things you don't mean. You take drugs you don't want to take. You have sex with people you shouldn't have sex with. You become a complete jackass. You have no regard for others.

And that's all in one night of heavy drinking. Alcoholism is another, tragic story.

On the other hand, it's extremely fun to get drunk with friends. Therefore I can't knock it entirely.

IMO, a great way to lessen the bad aspects of alcohol is to take a couple benzos beforehand. A couple benzos and less than your normal drinking amount, and you can have a crazy, fun-filled, worry-free night. Just be careful with doses and setting, because done wrong benzos+alcohol can fuck things up beyond all imagining.

I repeat. BE CAREFUL WITH DOSE AND SETTING!

I can't really drink much anymore. It makes me sick, sometimes the night of and almost always the morning after, I am vomiting and generally feeling like shit. I much prefer the majority of other drugs out there to alcohol, as far less is needed to be consumed, being much easier on my stomach, which handles alcohol quite poorly. Not to mention that being drunk is really only enjoyable for me in certain social situations. If I drink on my own, I will end up passing out. If I drink with nothing to do, I'll end up passing out. I'd much rather puff on a blunt

from my point of view, I don't get how people can drink as heavily as some do. If I can drink two days in a row, that's an accomplishment on my part, and it makes me not want to drink for an extended period of time. How people make habits of getting plastered daily is beyond my comprehension

yet another thing that pisses me off is how alcohol is accepted, while use of other drugs is looked down upon by many. Why is drinking such an integral part of society, while using certain other drugs is looked upon as a more fringe or antisocial activity. Many illegal drugs are far less harmful and addicting as alcohol, yet alcohol is a-ok because the government doesn't ban it? I feel anyone who gets drunk or even drinks in moderation but dares to condemn use of other drugs is just plain hypocritical, as well as short sighted