• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone used NOOPEPT?

SirCraggles

Greenlighter
Just been sent 100 X 30mg by accident in the post and the company told me to keep them :)

There's really not much research out there on this substance. Has anyone any experience using it? I'm interested in the fact it encourages NGF and BDNF. Surely this will be a good thing for my depression? Does it actually improve cognitive function?

It *might* help with your depression in theory, though I used for a few months and didn't notice an effect. I found that at 100mg it tends to give me a headache or (sometimes) migraine. Did nothing that I was aware of for cognitive function either, but then I wouldn't expect a subjectively noticeable effect along the lines of the ~racetams anyway tbh.

It's debatable if it actually improves cognitive function, I actually felt it gave me slight brainfog, but I believe it does have a mild mood boosting and anti-anxiety effect.

If you're hoping for something recreational though, you'll be sorely disappointed. The effects are mild to the point that they may as well be placebo.

I'm not hoping for anything recreational. To be fair I wasn't hoping for anything at all because I wasn't expecting this free delivery! ;) I took one and colours seemed to become sharper. I did not experience any lifting of the brain fog I experience daily which is a shame as it's advertised as having that quality. But then these things are advertised as doing all manner of unproven things. The only thing I've used that has ever lifted my brain fog has been pregabalin (before tolerance set in) and phenibut.

I'd love to find something that improved my memory as I literally can't remember what I was doing two days ago and I struggle to recall most events which can get really frustrating. I think this has happen from years of heavy drinking and being heavily medicated (I've quit alcohol completely now).

Anyone experienced memory improvement from NOOPEPT?

Also I've taken a dose of phenibut that would DEFINITELY have am effect on me, and after taking the noopept I'm feeling absolutely NOTHING from the phenibut.

Maybe the phenibut just hasn't kicked in, or tolerance is playing its part? Sometimes phenibut can take hours, and sometimes not.

I've a lot of experience with phenibut and I know exactly where my tolerance is at. I took it at 1pm and nothing.

I definitely notice it helping with my hand eye coordination, reflexes, and memory but only marginally. It does however give me roid rage like symptoms which cause me to argue with everyone.

Has anybody noticed any improvement in anxiety? I've read claims that it's good for anxiety. I've read it modulates glutamate, but how I don't know. I'm assuming it increases the action of glutamate therefore bringing on slightly stimulative effects. This would not be good for anxiety.

If anything noopept gave me slight anxiety in a way similar to caffeine. I know you got the noopept for free but if you’re looking for a nootropic good for anxiety you should check out coluracetam or fasoracetam.

Yeah I felt exactly the same with my anxiety upon taking it and described it to my family in the same way; comparable to the anxiety caffeine gives me. Thanks I'll have a look into those now :)

Has anybody noticed any improvement in anxiety? I've read claims that it's good for anxiety. I've read it modulates glutamate, but how I don't know. I'm assuming it increases the action of glutamate therefore bringing on slightly stimulative effects. This would not be good for anxiety.

I didn't get much at all from noopept, and it certainly didn't reduce anxiety. Aniracetam did though - with long term, powerful effects. I'd saynit reduce my anxiety by around 4/5, which was staggering and unexpected tbh.

I didn't get much at all from noopept, and it certainly didn't reduce anxiety. Aniracetam did though - with long term, powerful effects. I'd saynit reduce my anxiety by around 4/5, which was staggering and unexpected tbh.

I just bought some, as a lot of my buds are using it instead of modafinl, and say it has better effects on concentration over a day on the pc.

Everyone is different but IMO it's not close to modafinil at all, is a far more "subtle" effect. I even find it can cause brain fog at times, and a lot of people report it can affect short term memory if used too often. Personally I find it quite anxiolytic and relaxing to the point that it can reduce my focus and drive somewhat because I'm happier just to chill.

I just realised I already replied to this thread saying something similar when it was posted over 2 years ago, lol...

The anxiolytic effect can be quite pronounced though IMO, and it combines very well with stimulants. I've taken 100mg today to counter some post dissociative anxiety and brain fog and am feeling tons better than before, but this kind of dose is not sustainable and IME will cause definite memory issues, brain fog, and emotional flattening even after 1 day so it should be a rare thing. The best long term effects I've had are taking very low doses, like 5mg x 3 per day, after 7 days or so doing this I notice a definite feeling of serenity and peace setting in.

IMO the typical doses in unofficial preparations from nootropics vendors of 25-30mg are too high. In Russia where it is prescribed it is dosed in 10mg, and for me even this is too high, again 5mg 3x per day for me is the sweet spot for a "course" without causing excessive brain fog or other issues. I believe it's not recommended to take more than 40 days at a time, followed by a 2 week break.

So yeah, for me the dose range between 10 and around 50mg is largely pointless, 10mg or less is good if you're planning to take it frequently, and 50-100mg is good for short term pronounced anxiety relief.

Oh and 1 more thing to be aware of, for some people it can cause libido issues, I noticed this after a few weeks and stopped taking it for that reason back when I actually had sex occasionally.

It's far more effective in conjunction with provigil than by itself. I used that combo all through college, especially around exam time. I never used pills though, I just did 10-20mg at a time insufflated. It can be slightly sedating if you over do it, but that's the worst side effect I ever got from it. It is better than the other -racetams I tried though.

I just bought some, as a lot of my buds are using it instead of modafinl, and say it has better effects on concentration over a day on the pc.

If my mate hadn't thrown some in the bin I might have given it another shot.

He did, however, give me three tubs of aniracetam which have actually made me question my prior comment which you just quoted - and that I'm not really sure aniracetam did cure my anxiety.

I've been through 2 100g tubs since then, and I've never noticed any particular reduction in anxiety if I'm feeling it. But it did seem to work at the time, although according to a log I kept I also started microdosing mushrooms when I took the aniracetam. It could have been both, none, a placebo. Fuck knows really, but it was substantially reduced; maybe it just cured whatever was causing it to go into overdrive.

As ever, you can never really know for sure with nootropics but I like to play anyway. I do notice a substantial regain in cognitive ability when mixing them with a benzo.

Tianeptine was an interesting one, because I noticed zero anti-depressent, anti-anxiety or cognitive enhancing effects, let alone the speedy effects people touted. But fuck me, as I once found out; neck 100mg and you know it's a very active drug.

Aniracetam is definitely a potent and clean anxiolytic IME, but very short lasting, like 2-3 hours, also really fucks with my sleep unfortunately. That said, when I did take it for anxiety I'd never taken a benzo, z-drug, gabapentinoid, or any other substance that is POWERFULLY anxiolytic, so not sure if my opinion would be different if I'd already primed my brain to expect proper anxiolysis rather than the "subtle" effect of most of the more benign nootropics, racetams and similar.

Tianeptine I do find to be anxiolytic also but it does seem to be true that lower doses have a more sustainable long term benefit, ie, when I was taking sub 25mg doses a few times daily after a while I did notice I was overall more level headed, less anxious, my mood was more stable, etc. If you dose to the point that the opioid effects are really prominent, then I think tolerance and receptor downregulation and all that annoying neuroadaptive stuff destroys the longer term benefits that can come from low, steady doses. That said - I think it has been shown that the mu agonism plays a key part in the antidepressant effects, IIRC mice with a deliberate genetic alteration to delete this receptor did not get any of the positive effects (before they were sadly euthanized and their brains dissected, no doubt). It is also a serotonin reuptake enhancer of course, one of the only such substances known, again IIRC, so this no doubt plays some role in it's benefits but again probably is only relevant at lower doses, possibly with a regular schedule - unlike with single large doses when it starts to act essentially like any other opioid.

The dosing makes the gift...

JJ
I hear people saying noopept is a life-changer and can only assume they've stumbled on the perfect dose for them. This is what happened with me on phenibut. Listened to all the posters saying to take 250mg a day which is a complete waste of time and money. Took 2g and my life was changed. I want to learn to use noopept and racetams the same way but can't get dialed in.

5mg 3x per day for me is the sweet spot for a "course" without causing excessive brain fog or other issues.

Can anyone else comment on this?