• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone tried to intentionally tried to OD on edibles?

You can die from a toxic dose of full-agonist cannabinoids. Hypothermia and whatnot. Fun! But not pot extracts or preparations, that I know of.

Why would you risk ruining a perfectly good drug by fucking about with it like this? Better you than me...I'll just hit my bong until I'm happily stoned, methinks...

lighten up everyone, heroic doses of cannabis are stoner tradition.

They're also a good way to ruin the drug for yourself by inducing panic attacks that recur whenever you take the drug. I've seen people bitch about it more than a few times here on BL.

^ yeah. I have definitely been too gung-ho with edibles and had a horribly dysphoric time. Lasts for a long time too.
Drawn out dysphoria = no fun at all.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Titrate your dose, ingesting weed can really kick your arse if your not careful with the dose.

I find smoked/vaped tolerance and edible tolerance to be 2 separate things, for me at least. I used to smoke all day, but could still end up regretting being overconfident with edibles. At least cannabis generally allows you to learn the hard way - with some drugs there are no second chances.

I've been so high I was hallucinating and seeing crazy fractal patterns on my ceiling after eating almost a quarter of mids with almost no weed tolerance (maybe smoked 6 or 7 times before this). It was a good time but a heavy body load that lasted a long long time. The next day I still felt way off.

But some people freak out and have a bad time with much lower doses. Be careful your not gonna die but you may not have as much fun as you wanted to. Wasting a bunch of money trying to trip balls on weed is the most of your worries.

I've been high for more than 12 straight hours on edibles before. I've partied and slept and woken up still high as balls.

~~~> CD

I find large doses of THC/synthetics to be more unpleasant than anything.

I've been high for more than 12 straight hours on edibles before. I've partied and slept and woken up still high as balls.
Same here.
It's great, until you realise you have to be at work in an hour, and you're still more high than any time in living memory.
Some of the most vivid hallucinations I've ever had have been from eating cannabis products, and I'm a very enthusiastic tripper.
I don't hesitate to call weed a psychedelic drug - partly because of the hallucinatory effects of a good edible dose (or ingesting an "overdose" of cannabis extract)

I don't enjoy hallucinating from weed. It's always some crazy, schizo shit.

OD to toxic levels isn't gonna happen. Some girl I know took about 50x what I would use for a pleasant evening dose. She vomited for like 6 hours. But she was fine the next day.

I don't enjoy hallucinating from weed. It's always some crazy, schizo shit.

I know people who either accidentally out of naivety, or intentionally took a large dose of edible cannabis and they said they heard what they thought were demons or growling sounds at one point from music or when they were trying to sleep it off and that freaked them out.

I remember thinking that I had to eat a lot of low grade herb since I had smoked it a few days before and I thought it would take a few grams to work. I ate 0,5g and then 30 mins later nothing was happening so I ate 3g more in prepared food and got super high.

I have taken a high dose but it was psychedelic akin to taking a low dose of mushrooms but without visuals and I did get confused, have times during the evening when I was so stoned I thought I was going to pass out or black out, and I had trouble moving at times.

A friend of mine also ate it this way in a brownie and he said it too was very confusing for him.

^ it really depends on your definition of "overdose".
With oral cannabis preparations, I would say dose that creates intense dysphoria, prolonged vomiting or what ever other negative effects people have from taking more than the optimal dose - can be considered an "overdose", of sorts.
Not medically threatening, it feels kind of poisonous, and may be more psychologically dangerous than physically.

Still has a much better safety than alcohol, for instance. Neither of them are much fun in excess.
I do enjoy hitting that "sweet spot" with edibles though - its a beautiful stone at the right dose...

If you still intend to do this I strongly suggest having a good stash of some fast acting benzos, they will turn it into a very very drowsy relaxing stone. They will probably knock you out but it's better than having schizophrenia-like paranoid delusions along with hallucinations and possible panic attacks.

I've overdosed not intentionally, but unintentionally on THC. I don't remember the amount, but I do remember how I felt. After having taken a bong rip of some good-tasting shatter, I proceeded to smoke half of a fat house joint. With good company, I was soon on my way to eat at an AYCE restaurant (perfect treat!). It wasn't until after the walk there that I noticed everything I was seeing and hearing started to merge. By that, I mean the noises and visuals I was beholding became one big, loud entity (obviously the incoming, intense hallucinations).

Once I made it to the restaurant, there was a somewhat long line to be seated. It wasn't until all the noise became intensified, and with the terrible music, that my head started throbbing; it wasn't a physical throbbing, but more like mental pulsations. I was seeing and hearing everything go along to the beat of my pulse. It got really intense that it gave me an incredible headache, most likely due to all my receptors, visual, olfactory and auditory, being intensified. I soon saw myself sitting on the floor (all the damn seats in the lobby were taken) leaning against the wall, holding my head. I felt nauseated and I almost couldn't move. It became hard to keep track of everything I was doing, like my memory was shot and I could only remember things for a one-minute time frame. It wasn't until I started gorging down food that it started to go down. I was more than glad knowing the dysphoric sensation had subsided.

But yeah, to some, it's fairly unpleasant.

Nothing good comes out of eating too much weed.

Personally the only thing i can say on the matter is that the high duration is generally the major cause for concern and panic when you are getting a little "too high" for your own good, with edibles your not coming down quickly, so if you get to a bad state of mind.. Well you better be ready to endure it for a lot longer then you would if you smoke one cone too many.

Personally i bake, and enjoy the high separately to smoking and i think someone once mentioned to me that there is no Cannaboid receptors in the actual brain stem and that is the reason you are not able to overdose, As it cant effect your primary functions like being able to breathe and whatnot. *Unconfirmed :D

I guess as much as the amount of edibles your consuming its important to know what strength of the edibles and each strain having its own unique properties.

i've drank a soda that contained 100mg of THC.. that was pretty triply. i can't imagine what 900mg would be like haha

Schizo, hell yeah... After playing with absurd doses of weed more than i should and startin to think i was gettin schizophrenic, that was my tag. Changed it later cuz 'schizo' is an unintelligible word aroubd here

OD'ing on cannabis (isn't real, but...) means you spend the whole next day on the toilet. Not much fun, but I wouldn't really say don't try it since you're not going to die and you'll only do it that one time I'm sure. Its pretty wild actually, my lawn turned into an undulating green ocean when I looked at it, thats about all I remember besides just kinda laying there.