• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Question Anyone playing Wordle?

I think part of my problem too is that I love picking random odd words hoping to get the mythical 1/1. But it never comes.

Truth be told I'm luckier more than skilled but in the early game (1st two guesses) I try to use words with combinations of "quality" letters to eliminate possibilities and nail down some letters either in position (best) or at least in the word, then look at the remainder of the letters and see how they fit into the puzzle form. By quality letters I mean letters and letter combinations that occur more commonly in English. I started way back in the early 60's doing cryptogram puzzles from the newspapers and cryptogram puzzle books and I think that these have helped somewhat. Sometimes it turns out well, other times not so much.

Truth be told I'm luckier more than skilled but in the early game (1st two guesses) I try to use words with combinations of "quality" letters to eliminate possibilities and nail down some letters either in position (best) or at least in the word, then look at the remainder of the letters and see how they fit into the puzzle form. By quality letters I mean letters and letter combinations that occur more commonly in English. I started way back in the early 60's doing cryptogram puzzles from the newspapers and cryptogram puzzle books and I think that these have helped somewhat. Sometimes it turns out well, other times not so much.

that's so cool. What were they like back then?

Idk what happened.
I need to start doing these as soon as I wake up I guess while I'm still half asleep
wordle bot said there were still 147 possible words after my first guess 😲

Wordle 852 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

that's so cool. What were they like back then?
They were pretty much what they are today. The easiest kept the form (number of the letters in each word were retained) of the words and include "clear" punctuation to make them easier but the hardest ones cut the words into into uniform length words like al five letter words, etc. The main skill that they taught me were the frequency of occurrence of each letter in common spellings and the frequency of common location of letters and their location in words. This is a double edge sword though if the wordle solution has unusual letters and combinations this analysis will lead one away from, not towards a solution.

AT any rate wordle is somewhat easier because you get immediate feedback whereas in cryptograms you did not.

Wordle is a great brain workout and I must solve 20 of them a day (wordle unlimited); that how much fun I think they are! Thanks again for turning me on to this game.

Wordle 853 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler Below:

Starting word was FACTS

Screenshot-2023-10-20-at-11-59-40-Wordle-Bot-Your-Daily-Personalized-Wordle-Score.png

Last edited: