• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Question Anyone playing Wordle?

my strategy for octordle is to start with 3 words that have no letters in common, so that covers 15 letters. then make words with orange letters in different positions and unused letters, to get info on the remaining letters and more position info.

i think i got demur but i didn't know what it meant either. i just put in random combos sometimes and if they aren't red give em a try!! sometimes i've cheated and tried anagram/crossword solvers but they've never helped that much.

I have no strategies. My Wordle stats are pretty good atm though, with 3 guesses easily being the majority.

Do you like Scrabble? That's my main game. I even joined the "Scrabble Club" which removes all the ads for around $5/month. I'm in the top 5% for things like average word and game score ☺️

I have no strategies. My Wordle stats are pretty good atm though, with 3 guesses easily being the majority.

Do you like Scrabble? That's my main game. I even joined the "Scrabble Club" which removes all the ads for around $5/month. I'm in the top 5% for things like average word and game score ☺️
i'm shit at scrabble!! part of what saves me in wordle/quordle/octordle is that you can guess random words that you're not even sure are words and you're not penalised. i treat it as much as a combinatorial problem as a word problem. i feel lucky if i get wordle in 3!! i don't know how people do it. i usually get it in 4 though. had a few in 2 but that's just luck.

my vocabulary is actually quite good but scrabble needs you to know a certain type of word, that you only seem to learn by playing scrabble....

i'm shit at scrabble!! part of what saves me in wordle/quordle/octordle is that you can guess random words that you're not even sure are words and you're not penalised. i treat it as much as a combinatorial problem as a word problem. i feel lucky if i get wordle in 3!! i don't know how people do it. i usually get it in 4 though. had a few in 2 but that's just luck.

my vocabulary is actually quite good but scrabble needs you to know a certain type of word, that you only seem to learn by playing scrabble....

Not if you're playing on a computer 😊 I occasionally play the old fashioned way with my mother and it's like a whole different game. On computer you can sit there trying everything and it'll let you know whether you can put a tile down or not. It also does all the scoring automatically. Playing on the board is quite torturous in comparison haha. In the time it takes mum to play a word I can play about 10 words online (I play a lot of people) 😅

My ex-husband played Scrabble tournaments and was amazing at it. He never liked playing online though because it's so different and I think he lost some advantage because he actually memorised words (2 and 3 letter ones). So he felt like playing via computer was cheating.

I've gotten better at Wordle I think and about half my games I've gotten in 3 guesses now. 3 is good! 4 used to be my norm. But a few have taken 5 or 6.

Word games are relaxing for me because it just comes sort of instinctually. But if I had to play Sodoku or something I'd hate it. Numbers are not my thing.

Anyway the app is called Scrabble GO if you want to try 😊

Hell ya, buddy got me hooked last month. Quordle hurts my brain. Octordle seems like it would make my brain explode lol.

Not if you're playing on a computer 😊 I occasionally play the old fashioned way with my mother and it's like a whole different game. On computer you can sit there trying everything and it'll let you know whether you can put a tile down or not. It also does all the scoring automatically. Playing on the board is quite torturous in comparison haha. In the time it takes mum to play a word I can play about 10 words online (I play a lot of people) 😅
ahhhhhh that does change things a bit!!!

i honestly don't think i can get addicted to any more word games. if i go for a run before work then i do the wordles when i'm supposed to be working, i'll probably get the sack if i add any more distractions!!

ahhhhhh that does change things a bit!!!

i honestly don't think i can get addicted to any more word games. if i go for a run before work then i do the wordles when i'm supposed to be working, i'll probably get the sack if i add any more distractions!!

I don't work.. Word games are like my work!

I'm pretty happy with my Wordle stats atm:

I have a Wordle chat group and we post our results and fun stuff. It’s great! 🙂

Wordle 304 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EbAcCwp.jpg

I finally completed a quordle!

Daily Quordle 91
3️⃣7️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com