• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Anyone got life all figured out?

But it is something I had to deal with.

LOL, sounds like it was traumatic for you. You should see some of the guys I've been with, both appearance and personality-wise, but I tend to like more un-orthodox men (I get easily bored and not that many are as stimulating as me).

Ehem, you don't have that much sense of humour, do you?
coming from you, that's absolutely hilarious. use a smiley next time you make a hilarious joke - then we'll all know :)

my point, if it didn't make it clearly enough, is that you appear to be way too wrapped up in the importance of physical appearance. it's not a little ironic because, to me, that kind of thing can tend to make somebody appear quite ugly.

alasdair

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier for me not to sensitize myself to my life. Not that I would ever would or could ever go back. I say it because once you start, you have no choice but to not ignore what is arising in your experience. I said it before and I'll say it again. You exist on many levels. You have the gift of perception on at least 4 levels I can identify; physical (object-relational), mental (conceptual), emotional (felt-perceptual), spiritual (vibrational/etheric). So much of our lives is spend focusing on dysfunction on any one particular layer and forget that we are all of these things. This is my experience buddy, not just something I read in books. Address the dysfunction on all levels holistically the best you can. Do I have life figured out? Heck no. But the journey is fun when you don't get stuck anywhere too long.

levelsBeyond said:
I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier for me not to sensitize myself to my life. Not that I would ever would or could ever go back. I say it because once you start, you have no choice but to not ignore what is arising in your experience. I said it before and I'll say it again. You exist on many levels. You have the gift of perception on at least 4 levels I can identify; physical (object-relational), mental (conceptual), emotional (felt-perceptual), spiritual (vibrational/etheric). So much of our lives is spend focusing on dysfunction on any one particular layer and forget that we are all of these things. This is my experience buddy, not just something I read in books. Address the dysfunction on all levels holistically the best you can. Do I have life figured out? Heck no. But the journey is fun when you don't get stuck anywhere too long.

Good post and thanks for bring thread back on topic :). You raise an interesting point that Ninae inadvertently raised also; that of focusing too much on one aspect. Focusing on looks and physicality and neglecting the other vital aspects of yourself end up neglecting and abasing your entirety. Ninae has given an example of possibly looking at the physical and assuming too much about the other, non-physical aspects. All of us will end up looking less then ideally-attractive. Given that inevitability, it doesn't make sense to focus on that in lieu of the other, more permanent and fruitful components of our lives.

Speaking of which, that bottom picture, where she is "drained of beauty". Are you serious? She still looks incredibly beautiful to me. :)

Ali said:
coming from you, that's absolutely hilarious. use a smiley next time you make a hilariosu jopke - then we'll all know

Its some sort of technique. Make a statement and claim it to be a joke when called out for it. Moving the goalposts. :\

Ninae, you should be aware of how easy it is to be misinterpreted, so it would be helpful (for discussions sake) to try and be a bit more clear.If you are joking, tell us! We cannot know otherwise :)

my point, if it didn't make it clearly enough, is that you appear to be way too wrapped up in the importance of physical appearance. it's not a little ironic because, to me, that kind of thing can tend to make somebody appear quite ugly.

alasdair

That sounds all well and good, but from what I've seen inner beauty doesn't get someone too far unless the visuals are at least acceptable, especially females. Or maybe I should try to gain 40 or pounds, or 25 years, just to check out that theory and how it impacts my life. Oh wait, I think I can already imagine.

Part of my point was that women take aging and losing their looks differently, some get more deppressed and bitter about it, while others take it in their stride, and how you've taken care of your health also really begins to show. And we obviously have different ideas of what makes up humour (if not to say everything else).

Your idea seems to be more like biting sarcasm and not understanding something silly or self-parodising. Either that, or you take gentle teasing that people find funny in normal life offensive. I always tease people and they always just laugh because I'm humorous and not the type who says things like that to hurt someone (and if you have trust in someone and feel comfortable with yourself you will just find that amusing, at least that's what I do). I always tease the ones I love.

Last edited:
Its some sort of technique. Make a statement and claim it to be a joke when called out for it. Moving the goalposts. :\

Just I don't do that, and it was hardly like that. He was trying to make something I said 100 times worse to make me look bad and I was trying to say it was meant more light-hearted than that. Obviously, it's not the end of the world (but can be that to some and there was also a serious point to it).

communication is a two-way street, ninae. perhaps you're not communicating as clearly as you think you are?
...feel comfortable with yourself...
this is my point. your posts lead me to believe that you have an unhealthy obsession with appearance which is typical for somebody who's not comfortable with themselves.

i don't know you. at all. all i have is your words and, for me, your message is all over the place...

alasdair

...to make me look bad...
i wasn't trying to make you look bad. i was giving you my opinion on your comments. the fact that you see it as an attack is illuminating.

alasdair

you put picture of people getting old and relate to their spirituality and try to judge another person based: with the image of a person

You didnt made a joke, you were serious and its totally in line with what you say here constantly.

That sounds all well and good, but from what I've seen inner beauty doesn't get someone too far unless the visuals are at least acceptable, especially females. Or maybe I should try to gain 40 or pounds, or 25 years, just to check out that theory and how it impacts my life. Oh wait, I think I can already imagine.

Part of my point was that women take aging and losing their looks differently, some get more deppressed and bitter about it, while others take it in their stride, and how you've taken care of your health also really begins to show. And we obviously have different ideas of what makes up humour (if not to say everything else).

Your idea seems to be more like biting sarcasm and not understanding something silly or self-parodising. Either that, or you take gentle teasing that people find funny in normal life offensive. I always tease people and they always just laugh because I'm humorous and not the type who says things like that to hurt someone (and if you have trust in someone and feel comfortable with yourself you will just find that amusing, at least that's what I do). I always tease the ones I love.

Last edited:
you put picture of people getting old and relate to their spirituality and try to judge another person based: with the image of a person
you are beyond ridiculous

I'm afraid you're a bit blind. I'm suprised you didn't get what I meant, actually. I was just referring to how half of what we perceive as visual beauty, like someone's face, is the energy about it that transfers in a visual way. This might mostly be perceoved sub-consciously, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Or, to explain in more detail, part of what you see is the physical form, which is obviously something on the physical level, but also part of what we see is their personal energy, or part of their aura if you will, that is also visually perceptible and influences how pleasing they are to look at. Someone will look more beautiful when their vibration is high, i.e. when they're more happy or friendly in attitude, rather than more hostile and deppressed. I believe this is also part of losing beauty with age, that someone's personal energy can become more negative as they can feel more tired of life and less happy (but not necessarily). So in that sense you can talk about "inner beauty" in that someone's consciousness directly affects how they look. Or, positive, high-vibrating energy looks more beautiful, while negative, low-vibrating energy is more unpleasent to look at. or lacking in beauty (nature is full of high spiritual energy which is part of what gives it its beauty).

Maybe an unusal idea, but that doesn't make it wrong, and I found it very interesting it first occurred to me. Just that it has never occurred to you doesn't make it ridiculous. I'm getting a bit tired of how everyone seem welcome to say whatever they want to me, but as soon as I say anything that can be taken the wrong way or even just try to defend myself, I'm called out for it. It seems like everyone feel they can get away with saying anything offensive because I'm not that popular with many. I understand not everyone likes my ideas, but I'm only trying to point out new things or increase awarness, and keep in mind that can be a difficult role to take.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're a bit blind. I'm suprised you didn't get what I meant, actually. I was just referring to how half of what we perceive as visual beauty, like someone's face, is the energy about it that transfers in a visual way. This might mostly be perceoved sub-consciously, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Or, to explain in more detail, part of what you see is the physical form, which is obviously something on the physical level, but also part of what we see is their personal energy, or part of their aura if you will, that is also visually perceptible and influences how pleasing they are to look at. Someone will look more beautiful when their vibration is high, i.e. when they're more happy or friendly in attitude, rather than hostile and deppressed. I believe this is also part of losing beauty with age, that someone's personal energy can become more negative as they feel tired of life and less happy (but not necessarily). So in that sense you can talk about "inner beauty" in that someone's consciousness also affects how they look.

Maybe an unusal idea, but that doesn't make it wrong, I found it very interesting when I first worked it out. Just that it has never occurred to you doesn't make it ridiculous. By the way, I'm getting a bit tired of how everyone seem welcome to say whatever they want to me but as soon as I say anything that can be taken the wrong way or even just try to defend myself, I'm called out for it. It seems like everyone feel they can get away with saying anything offensive because I'm not that popular with many. I understand not everyone likes my ideas but I'm only trying to point out new things or increase awareness, and it can be a difficult role to take.
you think too much :)
like, so much that you cannot even realize youd be better without all this thinking process.

Typical for a man who can't tolerate the existence of an intelligent woman (there are men like that).

^ for somebody who gets bent out of shape about being judged, you sure are judgmental :\

alasdair

Hey, maybe that's where the problem lies, never ocurred to me before. I have unsual opinions and can defend them well. I'm hard to win a debate with, etc. Must be annoying at times.

Although I don't look much like HC, but who does. Facial type more like Kylie Minogue (rather wider face). By the way, Minogue has quite a strong angel energy now that I think about it, the look and expression of the eyes is just about right. Interesting.

She was hot in her Brigitte Bardot lookalike phase. That hair is always a winner, if you can bother to maintain it, maybe the most seductive. But she's more like 8/10, and HC like 12/10.

kylie-minogue-0.jpg

Last edited:
See, that's part of my sense of humour. I've always been rewarded for being cocky...that's what the men in my family are like so they just laugh...but not everyone are like that or even get it.

"you just don't get it". the refuge of the beaten :)

alasdair