• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone experienced visuals on MDMA?

nooodle

Bluelighter
I recently read some threads on here about people having MDMA visuals when taking large amounts of MDMA and usually mixing with weed (primarily the THC aspect).

I've never had visuals on md, has anyone had any? What were they like? Most of the people that have experienced them said they weren't very "pleasant".

I am going to quote an earlier post of mine, I have described the visuals I have experienced extensively before. Note that for me, the triggers for intense visuals are both a (too) high dose and high strength cannabis. If I don't smoke, I don't get visuals so intense by a long shot
I added the tested prefix because of the nature of the thread. This is about MDMA visuals, not RC visuals or MDA visuals or anything else. I tested each and every substance that caused these hallucinations for me, most of them marquis+mandelin, some only mandelin. If that isn't a proper use for the prefix my apologies, I will remove it :)

So... I know some of you have experienced MDMA visuals before. Some (like me) even have insanely intense hallucinations from rolling (+weed for me, I don't get them without smoking). On par with a strong dose of acid and a lot more realistic in a way, they don't seem fabricated. What I noticed is that a lot of those hallucinations are shared among different forum members, I've had people mention detailed hallucinations that confirmed some of the ones I had, which I find very interesting. And since recently MagickalKat777 mentioned one specific visual that always stuck with my from my own MDMA-'trips' (the tattoos) I became really interested

So the purpose of this thread is that I would like to gather some experiences on this, as I'm interested to see what other visuals people are going to recognize.
Shit I've seen:
-Leaves of trees forming tiny hands that are waving at me
-Peoples faces warp to sharp-toothed monster faces, awesome and scary at the same time
-Everyone around me seems to have luminescent glasses on
-Gnomes running around in the tall grass (there was no grass in reality, but a dancefloor)
-Facial tattoos. They were intricate, in colour, vivid, awesome and so on. Most if them tribal style but I saw a whole bunch of different styles with animals & symbols & vikings ... But that wasn't what made them truly remarkable. What made them truly remarkable was that they were being drawn as I looked at people's faces, I could almost see the artists hand moving above the canvas. And if I focused on them for longer than 10 seconds, they started to erase themselves again in the same order they were drawn (or so it seemed to me). This is by far the most beautiful visual I've ever experienced on MDMA
-Tornado of soccer balls above the crowd
-Horseless golden chariot driving over the crowd in the distance
-Circle of light that emanated outwards from me, everything around this circle pitch black, everything inside very bright. Circle was pulsing inwards and outwards and got bigger with every pulse
-Girls look like angels, complete with halos and wings. Got me a few numbers when I told them, they thought I was complimenting while I was just describing them
-Walls breathing and water running down the walls
-Lazers that burned holes in everything they touched
-Bats flying out of the speakers in the distance
-Seeing a very good mate that I thought wasn't there that particular evening, only to have them shrink or grow and morph in a stranger. Usually right after I approached them and said "hey man, what are you doing here? How are you?". Always funny the look on their faces. Usually they understand though, but not always

I've got a lot more, but those are the ones that happened more than once

I know this only happens to people at high doses. So this is in no way or form meant as an encrouragement to actively pursue these visuals. I'm asking about past experiences and perhaps even insights into the mechanisms behind this (there's the MDA conversion theory for instance, though this seems unlikely to me)

I've seen a tread with a similar question before, I think.
In my experience that type of hallucinations is connected to a state your mind gets in when it is sleep deprived, which for me feels very similar to a MDMA comedown.
Other than dreamy I would say that in that state I have really bad short term memory ie I constantly forget what I was doing/saying and I am in general extremely confused.
For me those visuals have never been bad or scary, but then again no drug or combination of drugs has ever caused me a bad trip, even though many many times I saw visions that are typically reported as causing emotions of fear, anxiety and panic by others.

Yes visuals are very real if you take way too much. I once blinked at a festival, and suddenly i was legitamately flying above the crowd looking down on them. Scariest shit ever. I had to put my hands over my eyes, take a breath, and re-open them and i was back on the ground walking normally. SHIT CAN GET WILD. Do not take too much. lol

Closed eye visuals yes, rainbow colors streaking across my eyelids.
open eyed not as much, a still picture of a landscape might look like real time though, complete with wind blowing trees and such.

When i dose anything about 220 mg mdma becomes a god dam light show with some of the coolest CEVS you could experince while dosing off at the end of the roll

I am going to quote an earlier post of mine, I have described the visuals I have experienced extensively before. Note that for me, the triggers for intense visuals are both a (too) high dose and high strength cannabis. If I don't smoke, I don't get visuals so intense by a long shot
Damn that sounds like some pretty intense shit, but dope at the same time. Most of the hallucinations i've heard from people on e have sounded pretty terrifying.

Yes visuals are very real if you take way too much. I once blinked at a festival, and suddenly i was legitamately flying above the crowd looking down on them. Scariest shit ever. I had to put my hands over my eyes, take a breath, and re-open them and i was back on the ground walking normally. SHIT CAN GET WILD. Do not take too much. lol
fuuuuck thats fucking hectic! I've never got really any visuals from my few times of rolling but kinda wanna get some (even though that sounds pretty scary)

When i dose anything about 220 mg mdma becomes a god dam light show with some of the coolest CEVS you could experince while dosing off at the end of the roll
Sick as, might have to try some higher doses of mdma. Starting to like the sound of these

I've seen a tread with a similar question before, I think.
In my experience that type of hallucinations is connected to a state your mind gets in when it is sleep deprived, which for me feels very similar to a MDMA comedown.
Other than dreamy I would say that in that state I have really bad short term memory ie I constantly forget what I was doing/saying and I am in general extremely confused.
For me those visuals have never been bad or scary, but then again no drug or combination of drugs has ever caused me a bad trip, even though many many times I saw visions that are typically reported as causing emotions of fear, anxiety and panic by others.
What type of visuals have you gotten from m before? This shit's interesting as no one i've ever talked to in real life actually has had visuals from them.

The visuals are pretty unqiue to mdma and usually its a high dose with some nice sativa weed. Fast moving geometric patterns across the ceiling. Flower type patterns. Closed eye visuals are very random cartoony

For me MDMA when its at it's peak on your brain, feels like a dreamlike state of conciousness but no, i've never experienced any sort of hallucination. Just colors seem more bright and everything feels intensified.

What type of visuals have you gotten from m before? This shit's interesting as no one i've ever talked to in real life actually has had visuals from them.

There was tracers at first, with the usual light and color intensification.
Then it was like a phase were I would just see reality, but something that wasn't really there appeared in perfect realistic detail.
Like a treeline I would be approaching would become a complete medieval castle.
Or walking inside the woods, I would see a metal fence but when I would reach to touch it it would disappear.
Or I would see a home, while literally in the middle of the woods.
Or a friend of mine's face would become swollen and dark like she died 5 days ago.
Or I would see a police checkpoint on an empty street.

There was tracers at first, with the usual light and color intensification.
Then it was like a phase were I would just see reality, but something that wasn't really there appeared in perfect realistic detail.
Like a treeline I would be approaching would become a complete medieval castle.
Or walking inside the woods, I would see a metal fence but when I would reach to touch it it would disappear.
Or I would see a home, while literally in the middle of the woods.
Or a friend of mine's face would become swollen and dark like she died 5 days ago.
Or I would see a police checkpoint on an empty street.
I have the same experience in terms of realism as you it appears. The thing that stands out most to me about these hallucinations is the realism of them. For me it was at times difficult to know whether or not I was hallucinating because the hallucinations were so lifelike. I have had things and people morph into other things and people down to the last fine detail. I once had a conversation with a fire extinguisher because it looked exactly like someone I know. I have extensive experience with 'real' hallucinogens and none of them approach the realism of MDMA hallucinations. Judging from stories people tell me I think they can be compared with hallucinations one experiences while having a psychotic episode in terms of realism and being indistinguishable from reality

OP don't go looking for these hallucinations, the doses required are unhealthy, dangerous even. Besides,more important than the dose for me is whether or not I smoke a lot of high-strength cannabis. Also, amphetamine psychosis is a real thing. If you are sensitive to it, taking such doses might trigger it. And the only way to know if you're sensitive is either because of past experience or by trying it out. In any case, you don't want to find out. I know it's easy for me to say, since I went that far myself but those few times were not intentional and there's a reason I'm telling you to not go that far while having done so myself. It is not pretty and looking back, losing control like that (don't be mistaken, you are not in control anymore with such doses) is very scary and makes you think about your choices in life :) I was blacking out while still doing stuff and 'talking' to people, I was dreaming with my eyes open, I was falling all over myself, I lost my friends for hours on end, at times I felt I was going to die my body was freaking out so much,... a first aid team encountered me at one time and immediately started to move me to a first aid station, but I ran away. Again, it is not pretty

BlueBull is giving you solid advice regarding how dangerous it reach that state, in instance at one point in the woods, we were walking and encountered a hole, like 10 feet radius, and it was deep enough that once inside, surely it was going to be impossible to get out without a rope, which we did not have.
Now, there was a fallen tree that went from one side to the other, acting like a bridge.
Me and a group of 5 people decided to crawl on the tree to keep going, and we did so successfully... and once we were all on the other side, I realised that there was nothing preventing us from just walking around the damn hole.
Like, there was perfectly flat terrain all around. To be noted that while crawling on the tree, a friend of mine slipped and to stay on the tree let herself fall flat on it, like hugging the tree while on top of it, and doing so, her face went down as well.
Well there was finger sized stub coming out of the tree, and she nearly got it in her right eye, basically once her face hit the tree, the stub was touching her right temple.
We were in the woods at night, with no clear idea of where the fuck we actually were, no homes or roads in sight.... I mean it could've gone really bad.
And yes, the hallucinations are nothing like heavy doses of hallucinogens, you have no way of knowing they are not real, and your judgement is clearly affected to an extreme degree.

Oh yes indeedy! However, I would describe that state as a delirium rather than hallucinations as it can seem very real at the time. Ive watched films on a TV that wasnt turned on, had conversations with people that didn't exist and forged friendships with inanimate objects. Then suddenly you snap back into lucidity and think "WTF?" I love getting into that twilight zone between reality and fuckedupshitness...

My brother gets this visuals as well, I remember that once he was seeing one of us become transparent/invisible for several moments ( like 20-30 seconds) and then visible again like the Predator does in the movies, and he would just clearly see what was behind him when he was transparent.
HE was still able to talk to him and hear him though.

Actually very occasionally I have had the ceiling appear as if it was covered with flowers and with closed eyes I once 'watched' a TV that was showing a black and white spaghetti western - I could see and hear two American cowboys speaking to each other (they were dressed as I remembered seeing them in TV movies in the early 1960's, so it could have been a memory that was dredged up from my unconscious and 'made into' a CEV. Also sometimes saw meshed cogs turning as if I was looking into some great machine that drove reality (again, CEV). All these were short-lived and lasted no more than a few seconds.

Oh - and the tiny black buzzy bugs that would buzz around an ash tray or whatever (usually on the comedown)

All of these were on doses of around 140mg, so no overdose factor. Although tested with Marquis as MDxx I suspect that there was some MDA in the mix.

The last time I reached that kind of delirium was actually very recently. I was well fucked up on some crystal and was drooling into the carpet when I became aware of a bar of chocolate in my hand. I then spent an indeterminate amount of time trying to break some chocolate off the bar to eat before I suddenly realised I was trying to eat my phone..

Everyone in the club wearing black spectacles. A little girl darting around the dancefloor. A dog in the club. Both of those could have been real I guess lol. Tribal tattoos. And of course, "recognising" members of my family who where not who I thought they were, as they were 300 miles away and probably in bed.

I once thought a henry hoover was a robot and we did bond, I loved that little guy. People changing from beautiful to ugly as they got closer. A beautiful blue semi circle floating in front of me like an inverted rainbow. All these and more from high doses and never any fear. Although not a visual the confusion is fun too, I was once wasted in a daytime club and saw a guy sitting on the other side of the dancefloor and thought "at least I'm not as bad as him" Later on I realised the wall was a mirror and I was sneering at myself!

The MDA visuals are even better, probably my favourite hallucinogenic.