• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone ever try REAL MDMA and not enjoy it? (be honest)

I illustrated the way for instance LSD works in your body to show that it doesn't matter whether it's a psychedelic or MDMA, reactions are triggered in the brain directly by the drug, it does not make your body more sensitive to its own chemistry, it binds in your brain altering the way it works, it exerts its influence directly, just like MDMA, coke, speed,... and to show that MDMA does not produce serotonin, it releases serotonin your body already produced.

MDMA not tell body to produce serotonin, thanks for correcting it tell body to release it.

nerve-6.gif

Here you can see that MDMA as serotonin releaser works directly in brain cells and tell them to release serotonine. This communication between 2 brain cells is recognized as euphorical state. So in other word you feel yourself happy. Normaly serotonin releases when body need to tell to you that you doing all in the good direction. For example if you are a sportsmen and win the sport cup. Or when you get your salary and etc. Similar acts also other drugs as you mentioned coke,speed etc.

But NOT LSD and other psychedelics.And I and also other from psychonauts will never call psychedelics - drugs. Our small comunnity will always fight for the statement that: Psychedelics are not the same as drugs and it will not stay with heroin ,cocain and methamphetaine on one line. Why?

Because as you allready tell it is not tell the brain cell to release something it BIND receptors and change it response.

As example LSD,psylocibin(tryptamines) BIND serotonine receptors response. It means in simple words receptor become "bigger" to serotonin. But this serotonin level in stream is the same as before you take LSD. Can you feel the difference?

One more time LSD not RELEAE serotonin or dopamine it BIND serotonin receptor (in simple words receptors is "doors" .we have many such "doors". One of them called serotonin doors, LSD is a key to open and to make this door bigger. Thats why set and setting is important. It not change the quantity of active elements it change quality of your "brains". It change and ultimate it perception ability.

Also I telling before when using psychedelics mostly you trip on your own body chemistry. Only the doors (receptors) opened wildly.

Thats why psychedelics alter cognition and perception. And it acts different from drugs itself. You can also feel this difference ,dude. No body comedowns from psychedelics as from any form of drugs. No adiction nor physical, either psychological. Toxity is less (for example you need to eat 40 kg mushroom to die) Offcourse in nowdays we have very potent psychedelics that can be very dangerous. But as for classics they are absolutely not harmfull.

Offcourse components in psychedelics are very very active and potent. And some of them can be even dangerous and even can cause death too! But it still works very different from what we call drugs.

Thats my and I think most from our community meaning.

Partialy you are right there are also similarities. But ,dude this similarities never making this substances at same level. Drugs will never give you non-ordinary forms of consciousness as psychedelics can gift to you ) Thats why so offften it could be compaired to meditation,trance or even near death (ego-death) experiences.

After all, the conclusion about MDMA - it is drug as it work like most drug as cocaine or speed, because of releasing agent and neurotoxity. And it is psychedelic as well as it bind some receptors activity as you mentioned before. But this binding capacity is less than from any other archetipical psychedelics(thats why set and setting for mdma is not so important in my opinion). This making mdma so unique and deliver it in one separate group - emphatogen.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying but I do not agree one bit. Psychedelics are drugs, whether they're novel ones or classics. And like any drugs they too can cause harm, whether they're novel or classical. You try telling my friend that suffered a complete psychotic break because of LSD that the classics are harmless, I think he'd have a thing or two to say about that. On top of that, your reasoning of serotonin release = happiness is not correct, it isn't that simple. The happiness MDMA produces is still an unknown mechanism, it is theorized that the serotonin binds to oxytocin-containing neurons and releases this oxytocin downstream and that makes you 'in love' but that's far from sure. Also, both MDMA and LSD bind to receptors, not LSD alone, that's how drugs work, by binding with receptors. MDMA has to bind to a receptor to release serotonin, just like LSD needs to bind to receptors to do its thing. So the distinction you make between the two based on this supposed difference is completely incorrect

This is a debate without end since you completely overlooked all of my points and put down an imho irrelevant reply. So I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. I don't think you can speak for the community though, they are perfectly capable to express their own opinions

*edit*
No body comedowns from psychedelics as from any form of drugs
saywhut?
Drugs will never give you non-ordinary forms of consciousness as psychedelics can gift to you ) Thats why so offften it could be compaired to meditation,trance or even near death (ego-death) experiences.
Saywhut again? I've learned just as much valuable lessons from the altered consciousness MDMA produces than I did from LSD, or shrooms, or.... This is subjective though, can't argue taste in drugs. I've probably tripped more than I've rolled (and this is saying something) and I think that your view of psychedelics is dangerous. If you view them as harmless, 'not drugs' and lightyears more valuable than other drugs you will be completely oblivious to potential consequences, of which there are plenty
And I and also other from psychonauts will never call psychedelics - drugs
Of course they will, because that is what they are, drugs
*edit 2*
This is the last post I make in this thread, I'm sorry for sidetracking it OP

Last edited:
MDMA not tell body to produce serotonin, thanks for correcting it tell body to release it.

nerve-6.gif

Here you can see that MDMA as serotonin releaser works directly in brain cells and tell them to release serotonine. This communication between 2 brain cells is recognized as euphorical state. So in other word you feel yourself happy. Normaly serotonin releases when body need to tell to you that you doing all in the good direction. For example if you are a sportsmen and win the sport cup. Or when you get your salary and etc. Similar acts also other drugs as you mentioned coke,speed etc.

But NOT LSD and other psychedelics.And I and also other from psychonauts will never call psychedelics - drugs. Our small comunnity will always fight for the statement that: Psychedelics are not the same as drugs and it will not stay with heroin ,cocain and methamphetaine on one line. Why?

Because as you allready tell it is not tell the brain cell to release something it BIND receptors and change it response.

As example LSD,psylocibin(tryptamines) BIND serotonine receptors response. It means in simple words receptor become "bigger" to serotonin. But this serotonin level in stream is the same as before you take LSD. Can you feel the difference?

One more time LSD not RELEAE serotonin or dopamine it BIND serotonin receptor (in simple words receptors is "doors" .we have many such "doors". One of them called serotonin doors, LSD is a key to open and to make this door bigger. Thats why set and setting is important. It not change the quantity of active elements it change quality of your "brains". It change and ultimate it perception ability.

Also I telling before when using psychedelics mostly you trip on your own body chemistry. Only the doors (receptors) opened wildly.

Thats why psychedelics alter cognition and perception. And it acts different from drugs itself. You can also feel this difference ,dude. No body comedowns from psychedelics as from any form of drugs. No adiction nor physical, either psychological. Toxity is less (for example you need to eat 40 kg mushroom to die) Offcourse in nowdays we have very potent psychedelics that can be very dangerous. But as for classics they are absolutely not harmfull.

Offcourse components in psychedelics are very very active and potent. And some of them can be even dangerous and even can cause death too! But it still works very different from what we call drugs.

Thats my and I think most from our community meaning.

Partialy you are right there are also similarities. But ,dude this similarities never making this substances at same level. Drugs will never give you non-ordinary forms of consciousness as psychedelics can gift to you ) Thats why so offften it could be compaired to meditation,trance or even near death (ego-death) experiences.

After all, the conclusion about MDMA - it is drug as it work like most drug as cocaine or speed, because of releasing agent and neurotoxity. And it is psychedelic as well as it bind some receptors activity as you mentioned before. But this binding capacity is less than from any other archetipical psychedelics(thats why set and setting for mdma is not so important in my opinion). This making mdma so unique and deliver it in one separate group - emphatogen.
Drug= chemical that is not food, water, mineral, or hormone that alters the general process of the body. Of course psychedelics are drugs.

*edit 2*
This is the last post I make in this thread, I'm sorry for sidetracking it OP

Pitty, I have more to say to my opinion. But let it be as it is. For you psychedelic is drugs. For me not.
And I know what is drug, cause I used them before. Heroin is drug, speed and cocaine is drugs too. Marihuana is drug, because it make you psychologicaly addicted. Alcohol,tobaco. Using heroin for 6 month almost killed me.Using alcohol for 10 years almost killed me.

Psychedelic is not drug it is very incorect term for this substances.Now I am free from alcohol and tobaco. I dont get this harm for body. I feel beter. I forget what is heroin ,dude. This shit dont intresting for me. I am free from any other barriers that was before. They (psychedelics ) treated me.

Let call them substances. They must and they are completely separate group of chemicals. And they do not need to go where heroin with crack goes..Many people with heroin and alcohol addiction can ve treated. If psychedelics will be just another group, just substances which oficial medicine can use. You got me man I am sure you are )

I can use psychedelic for year and then stop used them for years and nothing wil harm me not psychologicaly not physicaly. They are my teachers and allies!

Thats my point man. _/\_ Sure, let get out of here. My last post too sorry for off )

Last edited:
I've had boring molly before that was pure MDMA. Usually in the wrong setting.

I have taken MDMA twice (tested) and while I did not particularly enjoy it either time. I didn't exactly dislike it or have a bad time, but it just made me feel a little bit sick to my stomach and overly happy in a really shallow sort of way. I think part of the reason I didnt enjoy it was because I was a heroin addict at the time and I felt like the feeling was just inferior to heroin and with more side effects so I was like if I want to feel good, why take MDMA when I can just shoot up heroin and not have to deal with any of the stimulant side effects MDMA has?

However now that I am off heroin, I am considering giving it another try.

I honestly don't enjoy mdma pills on their own at all. I need stuff like speed or ice on top to have a quality roll and even then it would rather take K or GHB over the mdma. MY best nights on pills were when they were speed and K based.

On another note a friend of mine when i was younger back in the 90's had a sister that swore MDMA was the ultimate drug and she gave a tested mdma pill to her rather liberal Father who drank and was a single dad who went out clubbing in his mid 40's and he described pills as the crappiest feeling ever, like it just nulled the mind and was no where near better than drinking alcohol. And he had 45 years of Serotonin built up in his brain.

So the short answer is MDMA isn't for everyone

Well, I definitely agree that its not better than drinking alcohol. I dont drink anymore but I used to be an alcoholic and I would get way more euphoria off alcohol than MDMA, plus you can drink whenever whereas I hear doing MDMA all the time will screw your brain up.

No. Pure MDMA is god's gift. I can take .20 grams and be perfect. It is pure mdma. No fillers or stepping on it.