• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone ever try REAL MDMA and not enjoy it? (be honest)

Tanner Blaze

Bluelighter
A girl I went to school with told me she tried Ecstasy twice and didn't enjoy either time. I've heard of people having anxiety, puking, etc but is it even possible to not actually experience euphoria from this stuff? (I've only done it once and I couldn't imagine someone not liking it... it was like empathetic orgasim for 5 hours) but that was back in the 90s (haven't touched it since I got sober). She told me it was tested so I'm baffled by that...

I would imagine it is possible to not enjoy any drug or drug experience - expectations, setting, experience etc. Maybe she was in a situation where she couldn't relax or dance about crazy, the drug may have been the wrong choice for the event etc

A girl I went to school with told me she tried Ecstasy twice and didn't enjoy either time. I've heard of people having anxiety, puking, etc but is it even possible to not actually experience euphoria from this stuff? (I've only done it once and I couldn't imagine someone not liking it... it was like empathetic orgasim for 5 hours) but that was back in the 90s (haven't touched it since I got sober). She told me it was tested so I'm baffled by that...

It is possible. My wife are not enjoing MDMA during the trip, even she tried with me about 4-5 time, just to be with me in company and in the same state of mind.

She says it is very plain and in other hand it is like you are sitting somewhere in prison of MDMA when it finish you can go out from this prison and you will very happy about it. More literaly to say: some people are really not enjoing much "mdma coat" feeling. It is fact.

Of course it's possible, there's no question about it. Bear Love has the meat of it.

I'll just add an example, but consider a person on mdma and then let's say...you get a call saying you got fired from your job. Your trip will turn the other direction and become massively dysphoric, probably much more so than if you weren't tripping. Basically anything upsetting, even just your thoughts, will wipe away any euphoria mdma (or any drug) might be giving you.

Or if you're simply not comfortable with altered states and you're not enjoying the effects, the same dysphoric quality will appear.

Obviously the effects from substances work in sync between the substance itself and the brain. If someone doesn't "like it," then they won't get the intended effects. So the mind can completely shut out and disregard the experience if they refuse it hard enough.

They're sort of like arguments. Even if you're right and the other person is wrong, the person that is wrong can still make some kind of 'counter argument' even if it's not addressing the main point, or not even accurate. Like an excuse, for example. There are so many points of view to cover for one point, that some of them would take a book's worth of writing just to address all of them beforehand.

In other words, there are so many possibilities with an individual's mind to be able to twist a drug's expected effects, that it's possible to get the exact opposite of what someone else experiences. This is why the sage phrase "drugs affect different people differently" holds true, and that's because the person can be very different, particularly their mind and individuality/bias (age, sex, race, beliefs, personal background and experience, genetics, etc). So like the example above, just like someone can refuse the truth, someone can refuse a drug's effects just by sheer defiance or unwillingness to accept. This doesn't even consider the outside forces that Bear Love mentioned that can also easily have a big impact.

The mind is super powerful, and it literally defines you, controls what you do and even what you experience. Substances are no exception, and it goes for all of them.

An MDMA experience depends on set and setting, just like any other drug.

I personally have always had a phenomenal experience. Whenever people tell me they've experienced otherwise, I'm inclined to suspect it wasn't actual MDMA... but it's true that response depends on things like set, setting, and the individual's chemistry. So, I'm just generalizing. I guess it depends. Other people's experiences/observations?

Its a psychedelic so i guess so, any depressive or negatibe thought could induce a bad mdma trip my friend was crying for a good 2-3 hours coming out the peak because someone told her someone died she didn't know them at all. It was just concept that changed the trip but its usually euphoric for most people as serotinin is like the badboy of feeling haha

Its a psychedelic so i guess so, any depressive or negatibe thought could induce a bad mdma trip my friend was crying for a good 2-3 hours coming out the peak because someone told her someone died she didn't know them at all. It was just concept that changed the trip but its usually euphoric for most people as serotinin is like the badboy of feeling haha

I think even mdma is slightly psychedelic it is anyway a drug. With mdma bodycell start to produce more serotonin(happines) - thats what all drugs do, they ask bodycells to produce this or that.
Psychedelics do not ask bodycell to produce something they just make your receptors more sensitive to your own natural body chemistry. Thats why set and setting with true psychedelics is so important. Dopamine,serotonin can be produced normaly by our own body. And if you are in good mood, psychedelics will increase this feelings 10 times ,it depends from person to person for someone even 100 times ) But if you was fired from job your body will produce cortisol(sadness) which make feel you bad.

In case of MDMA even with cortisol(sadness) in your body MDMA will tell to bodycells to produce more serotonin (happines).For example after you was fired in your blood cortisol will be about 100 per liter, but MDMA will produce serotonin in 1000 per liter. In result you will be dont care about job,war,politic etc. Thats why it was so popular in psychological teraphy and used as post traumatic syndrome treatment.

But this stuning love coat from MDMA for some peoples are like being imprisoned. Impriosoned in not your own euphoria, something that they feel like not they own. This definetly comes from that slightly psychedelic properties of MDMA , but it is mostly very uncomon,because mostly everyone like serotonin euphoria ) Especialy male, because it is in fact hormon of the winer.

Set & setting with MDMA? Its offcourse can play the role, but not as much as with psychedelics because MDMA is like middleroad between drugs and psychedelics with imo 65 to drug road and 35 to psychedelics.

I think even mdma is slightly psychedelic it is anyway a drug. With mdma bodycell start to produce more serotonin(happines) - thats what all drugs do, they ask bodycells to produce this or that.
Psychedelics do not ask bodycell to produce something they just make your receptors more sensitive to your own natural body chemistry. Thats why set and setting with true psychedelics is so important. Dopamine,serotonin can be produced normaly by our own body. And if you are in good mood, psychedelics will increase this feelings 10 times ,it depends from person to person for someone even 100 times ) But if you was fired from job your body will produce cortisol(sadness) which make feel you bad.

In case of MDMA even with cortisol(sadness) in your body MDMA will tell to bodycells to produce more serotonin (happines).For example after you was fired in your blood cortisol will be about 100 per liter, but MDMA will produce serotonin in 1000 per liter. In result you will be dont care about job,war,politic etc. Thats why it was so popular in psychological teraphy and used as post traumatic syndrome treatment.

But this stuning love coat from MDMA for some peoples are like being imprisoned. Impriosoned in not your own euphoria, something that they feel like not they own. This definetly comes from that slightly psychedelic properties of MDMA , but it is mostly very uncomon,because mostly everyone like serotonin euphoria ) Especialy male, because it is in fact hormon of the winer.

Set & setting with MDMA? Its offcourse can play the role, but not as much as with psychedelics because MDMA is like middleroad between drugs and psychedelics with imo 65 to drug road and 35 to psychedelics.
Psychedelics are drugs too though?

MDMA doesn't ask your body to produce serotonin, it releases serotonin already there, so in a way it uses your bodies' own chemistry, it indirectly causes its effects, not directly as far as we know. And for instance LSD activates certain receptors in the brain, it exerts its influence (at least partly) directly, so it doesn't 'make your body more sensitive to its own chemistry', if anything MDMA is more like that than something like LSD. Also, serotonin does not equal happiness, it is far from that simple. Finally, it's a pretty broad generalisation to say this about all psychedelics, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of them, some of them can kill you with a slight overdose, some are pretty benign, and they all have a different method of action. Sorry but your reasoning really doesn't make sense to me

I honestly don't enjoy mdma pills on their own at all. I need stuff like speed or ice on top to have a quality roll and even then it would rather take K or GHB over the mdma. MY best nights on pills were when they were speed and K based.

On another note a friend of mine when i was younger back in the 90's had a sister that swore MDMA was the ultimate drug and she gave a tested mdma pill to her rather liberal Father who drank and was a single dad who went out clubbing in his mid 40's and he described pills as the crappiest feeling ever, like it just nulled the mind and was no where near better than drinking alcohol. And he had 45 years of Serotonin built up in his brain.

So the short answer is MDMA isn't for everyone

Fuck no man. Lmao.

I think people who need to be in control don't like drugs in general.

I reckon it would be pretty shit to be stuck somewhere rolling on your own - I spent the last hour of an experience once (really nice pure MDMA, end of peak slightly into comedown phase but still really feeling it) on my own because everyone had gone to sleep. I get really chatty when I'm on it and even though I was still 'chemically' enjoying it (lying in bed listening to music), there was something slightly 'cheap' and mildly depressing about the feeling because I had nobody to share it with, kinda spoiled the memory of the entire roll. I love a good smoke on my own but I don't see the same appeal at all with MDMA.

As long as it's a good set and setting I'd argue it would be impossible not to - I've introduced two friends to the drug who both had really rough, nauseous come-ups that they hated. One of them was like 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME' but once they got past that phase and finally levelled out they couldn't stop thanking me haha.

MDMA doesn't ask your body to produce serotonin, it releases serotonin already there, so in a way it uses your bodies' own chemistry, it indirectly causes its effects, not directly as far as we know. And for instance LSD activates certain receptors in the brain, it exerts its influence (at least partly) directly, so it doesn't 'make your body more sensitive to its own chemistry', if anything MDMA is more like that than something like LSD. Also, serotonin does not equal happiness, it is far from that simple. Finally, it's a pretty broad generalisation to say this about all psychedelics, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of them, some of them can kill you with a slight overdose, some are pretty benign, and they all have a different method of action. Sorry but your reasoning really doesn't make sense to me

Yeah dude, I am try to explain very simple.Dont worry if you like more complex termins and words. Why not? But my explanation definetly give the overlook what is drugs which react to body and what is psychedelics which react not to your body ))

Telling that I am not right, not make you right. Tell me dude, what is happiness from chemistry view. What is body and what is mind? And why mdma is in middleroad between body and mind? )

Last edited:
Yes. I love it but there have been three or four experiences where I've been dysphoric, anxious and generally wanted it to end.

MDMA doesn't ask your body to produce serotonin, it releases serotonin already there, so in a way it uses your bodies' own chemistry, it indirectly causes its effects, not directly as far as we know. And for instance LSD activates certain receptors in the brain, it exerts its influence (at least partly)
I dont get you. Its too complex.) Drugs react to body you say? And psychedelic to "mind or soul" is there some complex word which can describe soul? Is that what you saying?

Yeah dude, I am try to explain very simple.Dont worry if you like more complex termins and words. Why not? But my explanation definetly give the overlook what is drugs which react to body and what is psychedelics which react not to your body ))

Telling that I am not right, not make you right. Tell me dude, what is happiness from chemistry view. What is body and what is mind? And why mdma is in middleroad between body and mind? )
I really don't know what you're getting at here? You drew the conclusion that psychedelics are less harmful for you because they 'make your body more sensitive to its own chemistry' while MDMA makes your body produce serotonin. I illustrated the way for instance LSD works in your body to show that it doesn't matter whether it's a psychedelic or MDMA, reactions are triggered in the brain directly by the drug, it does not make your body more sensitive to its own chemistry, it binds in your brain altering the way it works, it exerts its influence directly, just like MDMA, coke, speed,... and to show that MDMA does not produce serotonin, it releases serotonin your body already produced. To illustrate again:

LSD's method of action
LSD acts on the human nervous system by rapidly crossing the blood-brain barrier and binding to a host of receptors including most serotonin (5-HT) receptor subtypes and all dopamine receptors subtypes, with the serotonin agonism (especially the activation of the 5-HT2A receptor) being strongly linked to psychedelic activity. Serotonin receptors modulate mood, cognition, learning, consciousness, and sensory input. LSD mimics the effects of serotonin by providing an alternate algorithm of processing sensory stimuli.

MDMA's method of action
In summary, MDMA effects 5-HT similarly to the way that amphetamines effect dopamine, by inhibiting the reuptake and causing the release of 5-HT. This effect is somewhat similar to the effect that SSRI anti-depressant drugs have. It also effects the 5-HT2 (psychedelic) and alpha-2 adrenergic (cardiovascular) receptor sites.

Psylocibin's method of action
Psilocybin is rapidly dephosphorylated in the body to psilocin, which is a partial agonist for several serotonergic receptors. Psilocin has a high affinity for the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor in the brain, where it mimics the effects of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, or 5-HT). Psilocin binds less tightly to other serotonergic receptors 5-HT1A, 5-HT1D, and 5-HT2C.

The psychotomimetic (psychosis-mimicking) effects of psilocin can be blocked in a dose-dependent fashion by the 5-HT2A antagonist drugs ketanserin and risperidone.[50] Although the 5-HT2A receptor is responsible for most of the effects of psilocin, various lines of evidence have shown that interactions with non-5-HT2A receptors also contribute to the subjective and behavioral effects of the drug.

See the similarities? For instance all three exert influence on the 5-HT2 receptors, which are thought to be responsible for spychedelic effects. More than that, MDMA releases serotonin, which binds to serotinin receptors in the brain, so it uses your bodies own hormones to create its effects. LSD binds to serotonin receptors so it mimics your bodies own hormones to create its effects, it makes your body think that serotonin has binded to the receptors while in reality it's LSD. So following your logic, MDMA is more natural because it uses your bodies own chemistry. I don't support this logic but that's the conclusion if I follow your train of thought

I dont get you. Its too complex.) Drugs react to body you say? And psychedelic to "mind or soul" is there some complex word which can describe soul? Is that what you saying?
What I was trying to say here is illustrated above, that to call all psychedelics less harmful is wrong, because they have methods of action that are along the lines of other drugs, it's not because they're psychedelics that they are less harmful than MDMA, they can be just as harmful and the effects they produce are not natural, at least not more so than MDMA or speed or coke or.... They are drugs, just like any other drug out there and misusing them can cause you serious harm, just like any other drug out there. There is no difference between drugs and psychedelics, they are the same, every psychedelic is a drug. And to give the impression that psychedelics are less harmful than 'drugs' is not harm reduction, since it might make someone use them too lightly and hurt themselves

Last edited:
I reckon it would be pretty shit to be stuck somewhere rolling on your own - I spent the last hour of an experience once (really nice pure MDMA, end of peak slightly into comedown phase but still really feeling it) on my own because everyone had gone to sleep. I get really chatty when I'm on it and even though I was still 'chemically' enjoying it (lying in bed listening to music), there was something slightly 'cheap' and mildly depressing about the feeling because I had nobody to share it with, kinda spoiled the memory of the entire roll. I love a good smoke on my own but I don't see the same appeal at all with MDMA.

I really enjoy using MDMA alone as do many others - not the same as being left like you describe but its great to stick some music on and drift about in your own space for a while.

The last time I rolled I rolled alone and it was a pleasant experience. That's the only word I can use to describe it. It wasn't fantastic, or mind blowing, like rolling with other people, but it was nice enough to make me believe it's a good ride to take once in a blue moon. It was more introspective, and gently psychedelic. It felt like someone was telling me "here's what you have to do in your life- it's no big deal - you're going to be alright, kid. Relax." Actually, in retrospect, it was really nice.

BOTTOM LINE. First time you try real MDMA you will be in bliss and heaven no erecction, (on first time at least for me) can take 20m-1.5hours depending on whats in your stomatch.
and you Remember everying vividly after the peak which 2.5hours max for men. Women roll slightly different, research it if you care.

OR JUST GO BUY A FUCKING TEST KIT DANCESAFE.org

<3 enjoy rolling balls

Last edited by a moderator: