• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone ever taken a Quaalude ?

I spoke earlier about how much I used to like Ludes but there was one no-no I always abided by - DO NOT DRINK while on them. Now that will fuck you up and maybe you might be prone to being abused but alone, I don't think so.

No one has taken a Quaalude since the seventies when they were discontinued permanently save for the rich drug feigns who had it synthesized to meet their drug use wishes, which gives me the great idea that someone should commission a good chem lab anywhere in the world such as in Africa to bring us back our MXE, aPVP, MDPV, and mephedrone by the ton. Is there some reason this is not being done?

I'm young, but from what I understand, name brand Quaalude's didn't fully dry up until the 80's, but methaqualone abuse was happening in a recognizable amount into the early 90's in the form of clandestine-manufactured imitations. And, as a lot of people know, methaqualone is still a major drug of abuse in South Africa and its hinterland. I've seen pictures and they seem to come in the form of pressed pills a la MDMA/Ecstasy, Yabaa, Yamaa, Shabu etc. They were avaialble on the darknet a while back, and why shouldn't they be? The poor in South Africa can afford them, why not export?

I've never experienced ant kind of quinazolinone, but I've experienced strong/shorter-acting barbiturates on a few occasions - they're allegedly similar to a certain degree - and the primary difference between these drugs and benzodiazepines is a noticeable euphoria that comes along with the typical sedation. Not like an opioid-induced euphoria in terms of intensity, more like an alcohol buzz.

I've always experienced benzodiazepine intoxication as that of a sedative - like alcohol - without the buzz, giddiness, or excitment; why I've never benzo's to be recreational. Sorry to derail, I know this is supposed to be just about methaqualone.

1977, a Q and a sixpak, a snort then..... a snort then......snort then the Waffle House8(8(

only the old timers here have tried them. regardless im sure they arent even that good compared to what big pharma has made out of the industry/drugs these days

You bet...Rorers and Lemmons, I think the only way you would be crawling around like that decaprio actor
is if you washed em down with beer or such.

many times. they make u drool quite a bit when u smoke em, like being drunk but more lucid if u know what i mean and tonnes more euphoria. ppl here use em to come down from meth. but we smoke em here.
i can't say if smoking works better cos every time ive done mandrax ive smoked it ( a shit load of times). my friend popped a whole street-made pill too whilst the popo were arrestin him (they didnt want them to find it) appar he couldn't even talk and fell asleep a while after - even around the popo.
It's almos like a nod - but very weird. it's hard to explain the high it reeally is. but it's goood.

Got to try the Mandrax too, 3 - 4 yrs after the Lemmons disappeared
seemed less hypnotic, kinda like a ativan compared to a valium. I think they contained
an antihistamine.

The scenes in Wolf of Wall Street were funny but would you really want to be that whacked out on anything. It's not very practical or safe. Benzo's are pretty good if you just want to chill but they're morish and can cause disasters, especially mixed with alcohol.

Always wanted to try ludes :/ I've been around my old folks when I mixed some c-lam with a shot of whiskey and they said I was acting like I was on ludes and I felt a massive euphoria from the combo but it was dangerous. Had severe slurred speech was crawling around on the floor cus walking I would crash into things until I finally found my bed and passed the fuck out lol wish the lemmys still got scripted out, would like to try them once or twice depending on how good they feel!

Haha wow, about 5 minutes ago I was thinking about posting a thread asking this, and then I stumbled upon this! I guess it's fate.

I haven't ever had a quaalude but I wish!

That 70s/80s band The Tubes wrote a song called "Young Punks on Dope" the singer said is about college preppies in the 70s that used to come to their shows high on ludes. and the film Wolf of Wall st kinda makes it out to be the "rich mans downer" which makes me even more curious and wishes I was born earlier to try this but if Jane Fonda gaves these to people 5 years ago someone is obviously still making them. hmmm....

They were not a "rich man's downer"-in the 70s they were all over! Along with placidyl and tuinol, they were available at university and on the streets. Unlike a lot of drugs now, they were strictly pharmaceuticals-fell off the truck, pharmacy workers or even manufacturing workers with sticky fingers. I was at a small college in the same city as major pharmaceutical company and you would not believe the types of pills circulating.

Yea, back in the 70's I had a friend who was a pharmacist. Unfortunately, he found himself hooked on speed. DOC was what we used to call "Christmas Trees", which were capsules with one side green and the other was white (or clear, I don't remember). One morning he showed up at my place and told me to take this huge bottle from him because he couldn't stop taking them. Before he handed them to me, he must have taken close to 10 of them (spilling a bunch on the floor in the process cause he was shaking so bad). I took the bottle and he literally ran out of the house. I swear when I'd take one of them, I was "real good" for nearly 12 hours. I have no idea how he didn't kill himself back then but apparently he had one hell of a tolerance to them! Yep, that bottle lasted me and my wife for numerous months.

Yea, that pretty much ended our relationship because for starters, I think he felt so totally embarrassed that I saw him in the state he was. But hell, I don't judge and I told him that. His wife ended up catching on and they split up and he went, who knows where and that was that but some of the posts here reminded me of him. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Woah, I've always wondered this myself. Most of my friends haven't even heard of them and my luude jokes (pun intended) are only funny around old timers! I've never seen them, or heard of them around, same with GHB. I guess they were just drugs before my time. So many drugs that I will never get to experience, but I've also had the pleasure of doing some obscure modern designer drugs as well! It's funny what ends up being popular recreationally in what time period. Science, trade, economy, and the general wants and needs of a society, play such a crucial roll in deciding what drugs are used, how, when, and where.

Yup, and pretty much everything said in this thread explain the experience enough. It's... pretty hard to explain the experience of it (Smoking Mandrax's at least) it's... almost like a nod... but not in a way... it's hard to explain the experience.

Yup, and pretty much everything said in this thread explain the experience enough. It's... pretty hard to explain the experience of it (Smoking Mandrax's at least) it's... almost like a nod... but not in a way... it's hard to explain the experience.
I would imagine it's similar to barbiturates. And I know that some formulations of the drug had opiates, mostly codeine, in them. I picture a mild nod + a barby wall slammer. Sounds like a good time.

Depends where you draw the line between 'date rape' and seduction really? IIRC, the late Ian Dury wrote a song containing a distinctly 'un-PC' rhyme between 'mandy' and 'randy', and the even more questionable bit which (IIRC) went...
".... passing her a Mandy - she didn't half go bandy!", with a most unsavoury, indecent 'tone'? I never tried them out on any chicks, only ever used them for making me sleep, but then, I am a gentleman!

I remember buying the Lemmon 714's from a kid in high school,had em in a rolaids tin lol.We used to call em stumble biscuits.and for good reason.They were still around in the early eighties in my part of the world.Every Monday when we would trudge off to school you would see all kinds of people with bruises and bumps from doing them over the weekend.I never made the mistake of drinking on them,I don't see how anyone could function with alcohol and ludes.I guess the funniest thing about them was most everyone's slobbering and slurring of speech.I had a great time on them,very disassociative and seemed to slow down time in a big way.It was like pulling a good drunk without the alcohol,no hangovers and made me sleep like a million bucks.They were definitely for taking at home or wherever you were prepared to stay the night.Seems like anyone that had them also had the green beans(placidyls)which were also a different beast unto itself.Pharms have changed a lot in the past thirty years.Back then it was easy to get many different types of amphets,barbs were everywhere and everyone's parents had a medicine cabinet full of valium.Back then we thought weed was good,and at the time it probably was but compared to what's available now,the best back then was compareable to mids today.Thanks for the ride down memory lane,miss those ludes,placidyls,tuinols,and back then meperidine.

Took 200mg pill 10 days ago, as a test, and it didn't do much, tried again a few days later under different mindset conditions and got the same result.

Tried 300mg an hour ago and is kicking in nicely.

Nothing mind blowing at this stage and feels very similar to Seconal based barbs (tuinal, vesparax), albeit more on the milder side.

Will update later if an update is warranted.

SL

Update = I guess it's better than any benzo, but IMO the barbs mentioned above are far superior.

Last edited: