• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone ever taken a Quaalude ?

Yea, back in the 70's I had a friend who was a pharmacist. Unfortunately, he found himself hooked on speed. DOC was what we used to call "Christmas Trees", which were capsules with one side green and the other was white (or clear, I don't remember).

I believe the white and green "Christmas Trees" were Dexamyl spansules, an extended-release formulation containing both Dextroamphetamine and Amobarbital.
The same moniker was also applied to Tuinal, which was a gelcap filled with a mix of Amobarbital and Secobarbital, which were apparently named for their bright blue-and-red coloration (think Vyvanse 70 mgs).

Damn, I forgot all about Christmas Trees' especially for studying then partying. I am amazed anyone slept in college.

Quaalude (methaqualone) isn't a benzodiazepine or barbiturate. Rather, it's a hypnotic, or sleep-inducing drug similar in effect to glutethimide (Doriden) or ethchlorvynol (Placidyl). None of these drugs are currently legally available in the US. I don't like "downers", and Quaalude was a bit before my time as well, but I did once try Doriden for severe insomnia. Even though I took a low dose and mixed it with nothing else, it was horrific in effect. The drug was so disabling that I had to literally crawl to my room because I sure couldn't walk. It lasted all night too. Extremely negative experience.

gluthemide appar potentiates opiates like nothing else. i must try methaqualone withoxy once ive recovered some savings from my last gambling bender.

We were taking them in the seventies up until around the early nineties they are strong as hell so I've seen people take them and then all the sudden couldn't walk or talk they had taken maybe one too many these things just regularly put me to sleep I can fight them off though pretty good they weren't like doriden those super hits Ciba and codeine were amazing especially if you had a high sex drive you would screw all night you'll be high for 2 days off of that stuff back then

I know people who took them as teenagers and young adults in the 70s and early 80s. They said how the high from ludes was akin to getting very drunk but with more euphoria. The one guy said how smoking herb on them made everything appear to go in slow motion. The other people said how they would drink on them which is dangerous but that there was a fine line between being luded out, and being blacked out/passed out.

Took Ludes every day in the 70s and early 80s. More euphoric than Heroin or coke. They were everywhere, got them for $2. They were taken off the market in 84 and made schedule 1. Only made in South Africa since, Feds got every US pharmaceutical Co. that made them to stop making them world wide in 84. I,d give $50 for one now they were that good.