• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Anyone else use amphetamines to deal with Opiate withdrawal?

Have you ever taken small doses 5-10mg adderall Sublingually? I find it to hit within 3-5min when i do so, thats how i typically take my small doses ( i think ive come to enjoy the sweet chemical taste of adderall haha)

Mild withdrawal and you can take stims. In fact, like op mentioned, when I do meth (one or twice per year) I almost always forget to take opis. In fact, I missed two days of dosing methadone without noticing non my last meth binge (was at 70 mg at the time).

Mild withdrawal and you can take stims. In fact, like op mentioned, when I do meth (one or twice per year) I almost always forget to take opis. In fact, I missed two days of dosing methadone without noticing non my last meth binge (was at 70 mg at the time).
Yeah this is right, its mild because ik its coming before it happens ill take my stims pre withdrawal and during the start/in it it definately tends to lessen the wd, but at a certain point i tend to get nasty and thats when i gotta stop taking stims and crash/deal w the wd

Do you think the d amp Alone will still heighten physical sensation verse with l amp?

Do you think the d amp Alone will still heighten physical sensation verse with l amp?
Actually the physical is ALL the L-amp it releases norepherine and activates muuuch more of your adrenic systems than D

D amp is good for alertness/focus aswell as some ( if you dont take them regularly, euphoria)

Basically D amp is what you want most of, most likely why adderall is only 25% L amp, but theres certain amp meds with 50/50 combos

I noticed dexedrine lacked a lot of euphoria when I was on them years ago ew feom adderall

I noticed dexedrine lacked a lot of euphoria when I was on them years ago ew feom adderall
Really now? Thats pretty darn interesting, maybe thats because the adderall give a kick of energy n whatnot from norepherine n adrenaline that adds to the amp euphoria? Im sorta intrigued because vyvanse did give me some euphoria but it lacked the kick adderall had, im thinking addys are perhaps best for recreational value though
But nothing beats these meth pills i had awhile back in the amp catagory, those were pretty fucking amazing in terms of euphoria in hella small doses a 5mg dose give or take was equivilent to the euphoria of 60-80mg of adderal

Taking amphetamine would make me more anxious and feel the worst.
It would make withdrawals from any opiates a hell of a lot worse.
I read some where that D-methamphetamine would help help with opiates withdrawal better because it also works with serotonin.

If taken small amounts of meth to help with opioid withdrawal from time to time.

Its helped a bit. Mainly by making time seem to go a bit faster and making me more able to get up and do things.

i typically somtimes end up 2-4 days short of my month when i use extra, and tend to spend those days with minimal symptoms as i use 400mg morphine daily, by substituting it with (NOT ONE DOSE, MANY MANY including microdoses of 5mg) a total of around 120-240mg adderall anyone else? or i have enough coke left to smoke, (i smoke alot of coke per month but usually don't have any come months end but i tend to go on 3-5 binges and somtimes forget to take my opiates till someone points out im getting nasty which is usually stage one of my opiate withdrawal haha)

I've been prescribed oxycodone for severe back problems and adderall for several years. I've had great success with Adderall relieving opiate withdrawal symptoms in two situations (and it's even better if you can get your hands on Clonidine, which is blood pressure medicine that reduces anxiety and lessens withdrawal symptoms).

1) When tapering down oxycodone use - I found I can take half the amount of oxy in a day by taking Adderall. Instead of starting withdrawal 6 hours after my last oxy, the Adderall allows me to go 10-12 hours without any sweating or noticeable withdrawal. After several days of tapering like this my tolerance goes way down. But I always take oxy before bed to make sure I get to sleep, and sometimes I'll take a sominex if I have issues sleeping (when I have they're minor).

2) When taking 24 hours off to start Subutex: Anyone moving to Bupe/Subs who is worried about that 24 hour period between your last dose of opiate and first dose of Sub. If you can get one or two 30 mg Addies and two Clonidine it will make things much more pleasant. A small amount (7.5 mg) will reduce/eliminate the withdrawal and completely eliminate depression by keeping dopamine moving, and the Clonidine will lessen blood pressure and keep the anxiety at bay. The night of sleep is always going to be a challenge, but if you have Clonidine and some sleep meds around (either OTC Sominex or a benzo) you'll get some sleep.

Now I wouldn't recommend Adderall for completely detoxing off opiates because you'd probably go a week with no sleep, but it's very helpful for tapering and making it 24 hrs before opioid replacement therapy. The difference is it replaces the dopamine loss that causes many of those symptoms (especially the depression and fatigue -- Adderall eliminates both) and allows you to function whereas without it you would be bedridden.

Last edited:
Great topic. Around 2015 pills had become to expensive in the area I’m from. People were still using the pill mills of south Florida, but it wasn’t anything like it once was. I started to here about people switching to shake n bake meth or ice due to the rising cost of pain pills. You had pain pill addicts turning into meth heads overnight. The meth lifestyle was to much for me and I left town for greener pastures.

I just did a Suboxone taper. I tapered I think a bit too fast at the end because I just want off the shit so bad, but I made it down to 1/8th mg per day. Stayed at that dose for 1 week and then jumped. Today is day 21 with no Subs. The first 2 weeks were excruciating, though I was able to sleep fairly ok with OTC Doxylamine Succinate. Symptoms have been horrible head and body malaise (don’t really know how else to describe it), shits, nausea and a very hard time eating (though I’ve been able to force down plenty of calories a day), extreme fatigue, full body chills, excessive sweating, etc. Surprisingly depression and anxiety haven’t been that bad, but have been a little noticeable. I’m generally a very positive person and I’m on Lexapro which I’m sure has helped the mental part of withdrawals. Plus I’m really excited to be putting this behind me and getting back to a happy sober life. Feeling very optimistic about that. I should also mention that I’ve been on Subs for almost 3 years, messed my taper up several times, and was on doses as high as 32 mg a day (when I I was forced to take generics that didn’t seem to work), so my withdrawals may be more severe than for someone who was on lower doses, fir a shorter time, etc. Don’t let my story scare you from getting free from Subs. I’m probably going through a worst case scenario withdrawal with a taper. I’ve heard of MANY people who had little to zero withdrawals with a proper taper. So, like I said I’m on day 21 and I still feel like dog shit. Most accounts I’ve read online say it takes about a month if you do shit the hard way or too fast like I did. So I figure I’m a week to 10 days away. Things have definitely begun to improve over the last week though it’s been fairly minimal. Saw my Dr this morning and they took mercy on me and prescribed 2 doses of sublingual Ketamine which I will use over the next 2 days starting tomorrow. I read a National Institute of Health study that concluded Ketamine is very effective for attenuating opioid withdrawals. I’ve had a few bad experiences with clonidine in the past so they also prescribed me a weeks worth of Lucemyra, which is supposedly a less potent version of clonidine in that your blood pressure doesn’t drop as fast or as much. Clonidine always made me dizzy and shittier feeling. I’ll try the Lucemyra in a few days and if I don’t like it I just won’t take it. I’ve found that forcing myself to go for a 4-5 mile walk every day has accelerated the healing process, even though it’s very hard to do for the first mile or so. By the time I get home I’m always glad I did it even though it was the last thing I wanted to do when I left the house.

However, today I was able to get my hands on 2 20mg tabs of Adderall. I’ve had access to it for a while but I typically don’t like stimulants and was concerned it would raise my anxiety and make me feel worse. Well I decided I’ve been in so much pain for so long that I’d just try one. I’m very pleased to report that it has helped me feel much better today and hasn’t caused the anxiety issues I was concerned about. I took 20mg first then took another 20mg about 3 hours later. I still don’t feel great but it has definitely relieved a great deal of the horrible malaise. Only problem is it’s fucked my appetite up more so I haven’t eaten quite enough as I should, though I’ll go force some food down and be sure to get my calories for the day. I’m also concerned I’ll have a shitty nights sleep, but it is what it is. It’s been worth it to have a day of relief after 21 days of hell. I definitely won’t take the Adderall again soon as I plan on using the ketamine and lucemyra for the remainder of the withdrawals. Plus I am extremely wary of becoming addicted or dependent on another fucking drug or medication. Anyways, I hope my experience is helpful to someone. If you’re going through withdrawals just remember that they are finite and you CAN get through it. A greater and happier existence is waiting for you on the other side. It’s worth it. I’ll do anything I can to help talk others through it. I want to be helpful to others. Much love to all. 💪🏼❤️

Last edited:
I cold turkeyed methadone by going on a meth bender and have only relaspd on opiates once in 3 years. It wasn't exactly what I'd intended but it happened so therefore it is possible. I'll leave it at that.

i typically somtimes end up 2-4 days short of my month when i use extra, and tend to spend those days with minimal symptoms as i use 400mg morphine daily, by substituting it with (NOT ONE DOSE, MANY MANY including microdoses of 5mg) a total of around 120-240mg adderall anyone else? or i have enough coke left to smoke, (i smoke alot of coke per month but usually don't have any come months end but i tend to go on 3-5 binges and somtimes forget to take my opiates till someone points out im getting nasty which is usually stage one of my opiate withdrawal haha)
Shooting coke is bad enough being dope sick I would imagine speed is way worse..

I at times end up short a few days of oxy and will take extra adderall or smoke weed, sometimes it can help.