• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Anyone else use amphetamines to deal with Opiate withdrawal?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
i typically somtimes end up 2-4 days short of my month when i use extra, and tend to spend those days with minimal symptoms as i use 400mg morphine daily, by substituting it with (NOT ONE DOSE, MANY MANY including microdoses of 5mg) a total of around 120-240mg adderall anyone else? or i have enough coke left to smoke, (i smoke alot of coke per month but usually don't have any come months end but i tend to go on 3-5 binges and somtimes forget to take my opiates till someone points out im getting nasty which is usually stage one of my opiate withdrawal haha)

i basically take the adderall as an as needed when i feel the effects wearing off, because if youve taken it before you know that the 'high' doesnt typically last the entire duration of its effects but you also have to be extremely careful with your redoses due to the duration being 4-8 hrs total and make sure to stay hydrated as fuck

Taking any kind of stimulant while I'm in Opioid withdrawal is contraindicated to the max. I don't discount one bit that you get some aid from this practice Zonxx, but it's definitely not one that I would recommend to other people. I can see how having a sudden boost of energy can be helpful or even required in certain situations, but if I'm sick and I take Amphetamines, I just turn into an utterly whacked out mess. Instead of focusing me and sharpening my reflexes, it makes me feel exactly as if I have had an extreme Caffeine overdose and can't focus on one thing. Interesting topic dude.

Taking any kind of stimulant while I'm in Opioid withdrawal is contraindicated to the max. I don't discount one bit that you get some aid from this practice Zonxx, but it's definitely not one that I would recommend to other people. I can see how having a sudden boost of energy can be helpful or even required in certain situations, but if I'm sick and I take Amphetamines, I just turn into an utterly whacked out mess. Instead of focusing me and sharpening my reflexes, it makes me feel exactly as if I have had an extreme Caffeine overdose and can't focus on one thing. Interesting topic dude.
i tend to take the amps before the sickness begins, and i wasnt trying to get people into doing this, i was asking whether or not im the only one who'm does this and i appreciate your input, im surprised that it makes you even worse off :eek:

but yeah, you know how they say, everyones different, well on the topic, i tend to gain weight while i do coke aswell, which is pretty interesting dont'cha think!? like it boosts my appetite rather than kill it, same for amps

Yuck!!!! Taking amphetamines while I am already in opiate withdrawal, intensifies the withdrawal and maximizes all the negative side effect that amps give ya. Unfortunately, due to my opiate dependency and amp. Use, I cant do amps unless suboxone is in my system. The synergy between the two is amazing. Even if I take adderall alone by itself, even when I'm not dependent on suboxone, it's all negative side effects. I feel 100 percent of the amps without the suboxone trying to dampen the effects.

I have taken adderall when in mild opiate withdrawal I only take 40 mg oxy a day when I have a supply but can get by with 20 mg. So if I have none I am very tired and some restless legs , bathroom problems but the adderall helps the tiredness and I can get thru the work day normally. Plus when you come down off addedall at night you are tired so that helps you sleep thru opine withdrawal, you just have to take the adderall early in am

My body is wired differently. I wish I wasnt so sensitive to the adverse effects

My body is wired differently. I wish I wasnt so sensitive to the adverse effects
I actually notice the negatives if i pay attention to them alot more than if i just go with the flow but i tend to use the amps late at night instead of sleeping n' use em to stay awake for 2-3 of the following days so maybe im so overtired it aids in not noticing much other than redosing to maintain my alertness, by the time of my last dose of amps they almost feel like im basically just having a coffee with alittle more of an edge
But when i have benzos im able to go days and days which albeit unhealthy for the mind probably a benzo every like 8-12 hrs keeps me in check, perhaps i go too hard but thats just me

I can relate to that, being tolerant to the point of eating breakfast on top of taking amps

I can relate to that, being tolerant to the point of eating breakfast on top of taking amps
Oddly i never skip a meal on amps unless ive just dosed up usually only kills my appetite for 30-45min and thats at 10-40mg doses

Others have found this extremely odd ^ coke neither will fuck with my appetite i think im weird =p

I used to take my adderall as soon as I wake up, and then eat. I fer a stomach ache if I do it the other way around. Interestingly, even though I may of not felt the euphoric effects of it anymore, I can still feel the difference it makes only minus the "wired" feeling.

Im starting to notice no one doses amps like i do, 75% of ppl tend to take normal sized doses, my initial one is 30mg then they vary from 5-20 till i take a regular dose which usually is the next day

I'm prescribed, and take 30MG IR in the morning, and a 20mg in the afternoon. A lot of times I'll just break the pills in half and take 10mg increments every 3 to 4 hours, which I mostly do because I get a drop off that feels like a crash after the first dose wears off, so I constantly refuse with small amts. Thru the day. Recreational wise, I like to take 40-60mg. And refusing after, damn I could go pretty high. Those were in my younger days tho

I'm prescribed, and take 30MG IR in the morning, and a 20mg in the afternoon. A lot of times I'll just break the pills in half and take 10mg increments every 3 to 4 hours, which I mostly do because I get a drop off that feels like a crash after the first dose wears off, so I constantly refuse with small amts. Thru the day. Recreational wise, I like to take 40-60mg. And refusing after, damn I could go pretty high. Those were in my younger days tho
Yep this sounds exactly how i do it except i have to watch what im doing since im crushing either 30 or 20 mg XR pills ( i took the xr once, never again those just last wayy too long and the crashes are unbearable to me)

Haha! I noticed that about XR. I used to break the time release and crush the beads. It seemed to hit me way more quicker then usual, didnt last long , and the crash was horrible

When my doses are closer to 5mg to avoid the crash its more every 1-2 hrs whenever i feel that crash sneaking up on me but im always trying to make sure i dont exceed 60-80mg within a 12 hr mark

Perfectly said. That's my love and hate relationship with adderall. I'm thinking about trying just straight dextro (dexedrine or dextrostat) and seeing if the missing l-amp will make side effects more bearable.

Perfectly said. That's my love and hate relationship with adderall. I'm thinking about trying just straight dextro (dexedrine or dextrostat) and seeing if the missing l-amp will make side effects more bearable.
Ive tried Vyvanse which metabolized into straight D-amp, its MUCH smoother on the come up and the crashes are almost abit more than half as noticable however i couldnt help but feel abit of a lack of a kick ( tried rolling on them for 2 days traded adderall for 4 pills) and its different i must say, alot of people prefer straight D-amp because it is MUCH easier when youre ready for that comedown and it really isnt close to as harsh as adderall, i can definately reccomend you give it a go, id say dex is much better though youd probably get the kick vyvanse lacks since its already D-amp