• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else never have a bad trip?

Szuko, did you test your stuff beforehand? Your story sounds a lot like PMA, from this article:

http://dancesafe.org/the-superman-pill-deaths-are-the-result-of-our-illogical-drugs-policy/

I knew someone would ask that, yes I own 3 marquia, simon, macke and it was proper for all 3. It is seriously the most pure stuff i have encountered. I will not roll without a test kit never have never will (well since 2008, the very first time i rolled i did not own one.) I also have a milligram scale so my doses are as close to what i want them to be, i take drugs seriously. I didnt take offense or anything to the question as I understand most people dont own test kits, I have no idea why because people with MDMA like test kits everyone with real stuff wants me to test it, those with methylone come up with weird excuses "I thought you meant you were going to taste it, that will take to long what are you a cop?"

I only ever had one bad trip - this was on 300mcg LSD. It was absolutely horrible. I quickly calmed down after taking a high dose of Valium and I didn't let the experience get to me after it was over. I identified the cause and since then I have never had a bad trip; so in some ways it was a good thing (I feel much more in tune with myself now).

For a while I assumed it was just a panic attack; then I took LSD last week for the first time in months (680mcg) and I learned a lot more about the character of this drug. I had a great time but I realized that LSD triggers mania in me (I attribute this to its significant dopaminergic activity). This is a double-edged sword... on the one hand it contributes to the mood elevation and the insane euphoria this drug gives me but on the other hand it's much 'crazier' than other psychedelics.
What I experienced during my bad trip last year was actually a combination of extreme panic and dysphoric mania.

Being forced to deal with situations you can not possibly deal with whilst tripping is the only thing that has caused "bad trips" for me. None of these I consider traumatizing though, in that I felt worse after the trip than I did before. Quite the contrary, these "bad trips" usually give enormously positive afterglows. I was just simply ecstatic to be back to my old self and that the trip was over xD.

OP, aren't you the guy who pulled a knife on somebody while tripping? wouldn't you consider this a "bad trip" of some sort?

Being forced to deal with situations you can not possibly deal with whilst tripping is the only thing that has caused "bad trips" for me. None of these I consider traumatizing though, in that I felt worse after the trip than I did before. Quite the contrary, these "bad trips" usually give enormously positive afterglows. I was just simply ecstatic to be back to my old self and that the trip was over xD.

This is how it's always been for me. Some of my most terrifying trips, including ones where I believed I was dying or I believed my soul was being erased or I believed I had broken the universe and was doomed to the endless, lonely void for eternity, ended up being some of my best trips in retrospect, or even immediately afterwards. I often say it's all about how you frame it in your mind and I still believe that's true. It's just like anything else... some people get robbed and dwell on it and develop PTSD, and some people go through far worse and come out the other side stronger. Psychedelics can cause a variety of powerful sensations and thoughts... don't take it so seriously. After I came down from my terrifying trips I no longer believed I was actually about to cease the exist or be banished to the void... I was able to see the trip as a whole and take value from it, and disregard the terrifying feelings I had had as a necessary, but difficult, part of the experience.

Quite the contrary, these "bad trips" usually give enormously positive afterglows. I was just simply ecstatic to be back to my old self and that the trip was over xD.

There is nothing better to refresh a thankfulness to be who you are then coming back from insanity. Difficult experiences often lead to a better appreciation for the simple things, the feeling fades again over time but its nice to be reminded every once in a while.

I've never had a bad trip on cannabis, LSD, or psilocybin. Once I did have a sort of dark period on mushrooms, and was confused on them after I smoked cannabis and inhaled some nitrous but it didn't last that long.