• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone else here get bored of cannabis?

I felt kind of bored upon the first time I smoked cannabis. Shortly thereafter, I discovered that what I had smoked was low quality cannabis, and that higher quality, more potent weed exists. After awhile of smoking a surfeit amount of high-THC cannabis—about one or two ounces per day—for many months, I have not felt any boredom, but occasionally panic.

I prefer hashish nowadays. My daily consumption of which is about 8 grams. I find it superior to buds.

How could I possibly get bored of such a wonderful thing

no i do not it kills my boredom
i love maryjane it is my sweetheart drug
the drug that barely takes and mostly gives.

Oh yeah, currently going through that phase right now and am probably gonna give up habitual smoking for good... and I just came off a three month break. After a decade plus of mostly daily toking weed just lost it's magic for me, and no amount of off time will bring back those golden moments as a pre-teen breaking into some serious laughing fits with the buds over pretty much nothing, that purely hedonistic, anxiolytic euphoria and everything else that used to accompany even a brick weed high. I'll still smoke occasionally, but I've ingested cannabis once or twice a week for the past month or so and my desire has only faded.

Everybody's different when it comes to this. Lots of people stop because it makes them paranoid, others simply just get bored.

Me personally, I've been smoking weed on a regular basis for almost 9 years. Daily for about 6. While I've accepted that I will never be able to get as high as I used to back in high school, I still enjoy THC (mostly in the form of dabs) on a nightly basis

My use has def changed over the years though. I used to smoke 10+ times per day, from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. Hedonistic and excessive for sure. I later realized it was impairing my ability to function in work and school, so I now use at the end of the day once all my irl stuff has been taken care of. One or two dabs at night does wonders and I get way higher than when I was just smoking constantly

I'm certainly not bored of it tho. Of all the drugs I've messed around with, THC is the one I keep coming back to. I'm currently in the middle of a 2 week long t break, and I think it's good to take breaks every now and again

If you're bored of cannabis you're using it much. Tolerance is why you find it boring. Take a couple weeks off and come back to the party! :-D

I don't believe I got bored of cannabis, rather than got used to cannabis. Overtime my tolerance increased and as this happend the effects I know and loved took higher doses to get. Then I used other drugs recreationally and have a whole new view on weed, and now its just like a booster to my day, I can put up with people who annoy me, and it makes things I don't wanna do, a lot easier.

I also find it hilarious when people take a few hits and start tripping balls and freaking out and can't do normal things.

It was fun in high school and didn't really affect my life. I got high as fuck back then, like it was a goofy psychedelic trip.

By the time I hit university, it had begun to destroy me, completing screwing my brain with anxiety that I only ever experienced when I was high. At this point, I had unjustifiable severe cravings to smoke weed, and everyone around me smoked too so I ended up continuing the habit despite that I knew I should quit.

By the time I really, desperately wanted to quit, I was physically addicted. If I didn't smoke weed, I would puke my guts out for 2 weeks. I would lose like 30 fucking god damned pounds because I couldn't eat a damned apple let alone a sandwich. I would be so depressed and lethargic when I quit that it took me around 6 months before I could lift a finger. I had to see multiple doctors to get through it and I still do because it fucked my head up permanently. I was never anxious before doing all those dabs, and now I have chronic extreme anxiety and panic attacks that is without a doubt in my mind directly caused by massive weed abuse. FUCK smoking weed.

I never ever would consider smoking ever again and I used to be your happy-go-lucky pothead. After ruining a decade of my life with the disgusting filth, I'm more than just bored of it - I have a severe, intense hatred of the stuff and I despise society's casual attitude towards the filthy, nasty bad habit that's all about people getting stupid and high. If we're legalizing weed, then crystal meth, heroin, and cocaine should all be legalized too. What should only the potheads be allowed to get their fix? All drugs should be legal. Anyone who says cannabis is just never addictive is completely full of shit. I have experienced extreme physical addiction first hand. I mean, the ability to eat food is rather physical in nature in my opinion, and I could only ever do this when I was stoned until I went through a severe withdrawal, and my appetite was back in full force after one month of hell.

I know more cannabis addicts than I know addicts of all other drugs combined, yet each and every one of them is in denial about it. Everyone has some lame excuse for why they smoke, whether it be insomnia or OCD - all typically self-diagnosed of course. There have been so many benefits since I quit, I'm not saying it does this to everyone but did it do any good at all for me: FUCK NO. And I notice some negative commonalities in the personalities of every pothead I have ever known in life, so the stereotype is pretty well justified in my mind. I simply really don't like the effects of the drug, not only on myself, but from the changes I see in people I know who smoke that garbage. And I instantly judge and dislike anyone who smokes it, especially the chronic users.

Last edited:
^^ yes, you seem very calm and relaxed.
Cannabis (unless in the throws of already vomiting) intently cures my nausea as long as I have a toke right away when I feel it coming on. The head pains are helped, the appetite returns, the anger dwindles with just one toke. I am in chronic pain due to botched craniotomies and irreparable nerve damage; without this mild plant (yes, I grow my own) my quality of life would have pushed me over the edge a long time ago; This plant saved my days and I'll never live without it. Ever.

Last edited:
I got bored of weed too, if I smoke now I'm just like the character Pink from The Wall, sitting in a chair startin at a screen. I used to smoke after high schoola nd go home and write and record tons of songs, practice guitar for hours, and now I need harder drugs to achieve that feeling of motivation and drive. I'm just trying to get off everything, slowly. I take Clonazepam and it helps me when I don't have week..and I've cut down my weed smoking dramatically, used to smoke a few blunts per day, not it's just a few bowls a day, But I only smoke if I know I have nothing to do that will require mental focus and ambition, because to omuch pot makes me paranoid and unmotivated and burnout 15 minutes after I've smoked. I used to be such a hardworking musician, now I work a lot less hard...I stilll work hard, but I used to work 68 hours per day about 7-10 years ago, and now I'm only working a couple hours a day, and not even everyday. I have new EP I'm trying to finish and I'm just trying to work on it without smoking any pot or being high when I got into recording sessions.

Some people across the country get different weed, which has more DBT in it than THC...DBT makes you more relaxed, which THC makes you more paranoid. I think the pot around here has much more tHC because sometimes the only thing I feel is paranoia and panic attacks, unless I'm on benzos. It's lost it's magic, for me.

^ So, you attribute years of pot smoking to this drop off in productivity? Okay. I'd have to say though, after years of THC intake I'm sure the positive effects on your physical body have weighed in and though you get bored and feel a lack of magic, hopefully it has at least had some health benefits for you too; though it's one of those things where you wouldn't know it as it's more of a preventative measure, if that makes any sense.

I never get bored of cannabis, i do gain a tolerance that requires me to cut down, and even quit for awhile to gain back the 5 hour high off a few tiny hits, but coming from an opiate addiction cannabis can be quite strong, as long as you don't a} smoke the same strain everyday, b}smoke till you can't smoke anymore , cannabis doesn't fully hit you untill 5 to fifteen minutes after your last hit, and there is always a peak/cieling you can reach, and smoking any past thing just exponentially raises your tolerance for the next time you smoke.

If your bored while smoking try changing up what your doing when smoking, just sitting on a couch is completely boring, play video games, watch trippy shit, enjoy your high and be glad its not extremely physically addictive, because if you are looking for something more then weed, your just gunna go down the wrong path

^ So, you attribute years of pot smoking to this drop off in productivity? Okay. I'd have to say though, after years of THC intake I'm sure the positive effects on your physical body have weighed in and though you get bored and feel a lack of magic, hopefully it has at least had some health benefits for you too; though it's one of those things where you wouldn't know it as it's more of a preventative measure, if that makes any sense.
like the positive anticancer prophylaxis effect, and dementia/Alzheimers reduction, increased brain function, less stress, you wouldxnt notice it right away, but if you were to clone the exact same person and switch it with smoking a few times a day to drinking a six pack{of canadian or other import beer, none of that 3percent crap} the pot smoker would live longer and probabally have a more enjoyable life, albiet this may not be true if they have mental health problems that are made worse by the cannabis or a type of asthma that cannabis does not help,

Last edited:
thank you for listing some of the positive effects of Cannabis.

thank you for listing some of the positive effects of Cannabis.

haha i can't tell if that sarcasm or not, but i do believe that this information needs to be spread because there is so much misinformation, and disinformation out there, although i supose writing about it here is preaching to the quoir, this isn't the only place i do it, much to the distain to people who have stubornly ingrained into their mind that Cannabis is bad because it is smoked, and it is illegal, and while people are on its effects their eyes squint up giving the impression that they are not totally there, when infact i find cannabis helps me focus much more then a cup of coffee, without ruining my sleep

Not sarcasm at all there Mr.Fluffykins. Yes, share with as many as possible. This is after all, good medicine

I am certainly losing in interest in regular ole kush smoking after >2 years. On average, I smoke about once a day. I'm pondering the idea of permanently moving up to dabs and hash, as those seem to get me substantially higher, but I would have to cut down on the number of smoke sessions due to the price of these new ways. Hard decisions...