• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone else here get bored of cannabis?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Please move this post to the cannabis forum.

The last time I used cannabis which was over 2 years ago I enjoyed it then; but overall I felt sort of bored, despite vaporizing and getting super high and having a sort of psychedelic experience from the THC and getting some euphoria it wasn't like smoking it, and I was reminded of how I'd been smoking on/off for 5 years or so as a teenager through my early 20s sometimes taking very long breaks for almost a year or over a year.

When I would smoke I would do the same things I enjoyed doing while sober like exploring nature, going on the internet, listening to music, watching movies (if they were exciting and held my interest while high), reading/writing, and some light cardio exercise like a bike ride or long walk but not running, walking, or biking for miles.

Anyone else here get bored of cannabis? When I was into smoking cannabis or using it I never even used it daily for years the way some people I knew did. I would only use it daily maybe for a week or for almost a month in the summer, and sometimes smoke it on weekends one to three times a month when it wasn't the summer and at the height of my use of it. I tried eating it once and that was interesting but I accidentally ate too much of it, and had trouble saying awake and felt confused at times.

I have used other drugs mainly psychedelics like LSD and mushrooms in high, moderate, and low doses, low doses of prescription opiates, and low doses of prescription stimulants, and alcohol. I haven't used anything in years besides caffeine. I never took MDMA/MDA, ketamine, or any sort of research chemicals or designer drugs despite knowing people into all of these types of drugs or having hypothetical access to them.

Last edited:
Yeh I got bored of it too. What started out in my teens as something fun to do with friends eventually just became an addiction, an escape from the world, and a continuing social lubricant between me and my closest friends. It lost its zest, though I could still have good times falling into music on my own.

Nothing lasts forever. Just time to move on and find something else (not necessarily a drug).

Yeh I got bored of it too. What started out in my teens as something fun to do with friends eventually just became an addiction, an escape from the world, and a continuing social lubricant between me and my closest friends. It lost its zest, though I could still have good times falling into music on my own.

Nothing lasts forever. Just time to move on and find something else (not necessarily a drug).

That's some excellent advice. I do have some personal goals of things I want to accomplish now that I'm in my early 30s and since at least one of them will take up a lot of time, I can't use cannabis or other drugs since those do take up a lot of time.

What helped me move away from it was seeing cannabis as a kind of whore in itself.. that it's not a free lunch, that it gives you the colours and pleasantness, but at a cost of your vitality and drive. And at the end of the day what have you really gotten out of it? Nothing except dreaming. At the cost of your vitality and health.

There's another thread about someone who's 30 asking "am I too old to experiment?". All I say is, go to a rave or some festival where there are some older 40+ folk who never stopped using substances.. and ask yourself, is that who you want to be? It's easy to laugh them off as being the crazy old folk.. but that's easily who one could become if they're not careful. And that's a sad existence to be in.. having like 15% of your mind left functioning.. just a pissed up dish rag.

What helped me move away from it was seeing cannabis as a kind of whore in itself.. that it's not a free lunch, that it gives you the colours and pleasantness, but at a cost of your vitality and drive. And at the end of the day what have you really gotten out of it? Nothing except dreaming. At the cost of your vitality and health.

There's another thread about someone who's 30 asking "am I too old to experiment?". All I say is, go to a rave or some festival where there are some older 40+ folk who never stopped using substances.. and ask yourself, is that who you want to be? It's easy to laugh them off as being the crazy old folk.. but that's easily who one could become if they're not careful. And that's a sad existence to be in.. having like 15% of your mind left functioning.. just a pissed up dish rag.

truth.

I love smoking herb, much less now than I used to, but I still love the escape it brings me. I guess I could say that even the first time I smoked weed I was wanting to escape, but the habit that it has developed into is an addiction for sure. It used to be more like an experience to go on together with friends, or even a cure for boredum when alone, but now it's become a need and if I don't have it I freak out a bit. Somewhere along the line I think I realized it to be more of a trap than anything. Like no joke, me and some of my friends are pretty fucking stereotypical pot heads. Me and my best homie for example, we both still live at home, both still have trouble not quitting jobs, and we both smoke every day.

I've come to realize that people who say there are no side-effects to weed are vastly overlooking many side effects. Side-effects are minimal, but only when compared to other drugs. The biggest toll imo is the way it impacts memory. I find that with tolerance I can somewhat push past the loss of motivation, but it is impossible to not let it affect memory and cognitive ability. It is for these reasons that I think it is so easy to get stoned and start dreaming about all the things you are "going to do" but never actually do any of them.

It's a high, but it's a high with impairment. Mentally you become impaired. It's like conversations never really progress because no one can remember where they came from and just as soon forget if they did. Plans never really come to because no one can really remember plans or when they do, motivation is lacking.

as much as I love getting stoned, in all practicality, getting stoned has little use other than just passing the time. Makes me social, but socially sloppy at the same time so unless the other person is stoned or drunk it is kind of awkward. you can be good at socializing while high, but IME most people who are really good at socializing tend not to be potheads. Pot heads are only good at socializing with other pot heads generally.

I've come to realize that people who say there are no side-effects to weed are vastly overlooking many side effects.

The irony of weed smokers who call for legalization is that they are the best anti-legalization advert there is. Just because they're functional weed-heads doesn't mean they're healthy mentally. I'm amazed at myself because I actually find myself not agreeing with the prospect of legalization any more, when I had always maintained it should be legal. I look at the damage just alcohol alone causes to our society and then wonder what the fuck would happen if cannabis were legal too.. it's not like the men of today get shit done anyway, can you imagine if cannabis were easily available? It would be fine if we had a strong moral backbone in our culture, but we don't.. we're totally pacified and pussified.

I think drugs should be legal but only once you're 70+ and retired haha. Let everyone go out with a fucking bang.

I've never been to an actual rave, or a huge EDM festival; but I have been to some live music events where there were people in their 50s or 60s who were still using drugs, and you're right that they're not the same as people who stopped using drugs.

I also have met people who are in their mid 50s who have been smoking herb since they were teenagers, and they use other drugs when they can get them or when they're offered for free and that's pretty much mainly what their life revolves around in some way or another, and it's sad.

Back when I used to smoke daily, there was always a period after a time of constant influence that leaves me burning through my final supply and becoming clean again. Most of the lack-luster came from tolerance, but even when the tolerance dissipates after a month or two, the after-effects on my mind and body seemed to remain for much longer. Eventually the periods between tokes became longer and the cons that cannabis brings such as memory-impairment, motivation, etc. became outweighed by the pro's of abstaining. I'll still have a toke at social situations and maybe keep some leftover for a weekend, but for the most part my situation won't benefit form daily smoking anymore.

i've never gotten bored of the herb despite going through all of the problems mentioned above. i found that if my day-to-day reality is boring then life is shit and whether or not i'm toking has no bearing on it. likewise if my day-to-day reality is engaging and i am challenged and rewarded appropriately, i end up toking way less because i won't want to chill and veg out if there's something exciting i can be doing instead.

getting really stoned sucks. at most i'll vape a bit or torch a wee bowl, enjoy the feeling of calm at the end of the day and get a good sleep from it. it's like alcohol, if you have a bit then you'll feel recharged the next morning but if you have a bunch of drinks then you'll wake up hungover.

ultimately, life is what you make it. if you toke to escape responsibilities or shitty events in your life, then you're abusing it and it will abuse you in return. if you toke sparingly as a means to rejuvenate your spirits then it's an amazing thing and i think if it were legalized everyone would realize it and there would be less of this stoner:sober dichotomy.

I have become bored of other people when I am on cannabis. No matter what the strain I do not get couch bound stoned when I smoke. I become hyperactive almost super charged and lose my appetite. When I smoke with other people I find conversation either dries up or becomes annoyingly stupid.

I much prefer to smoke alone and jump on my bike or work in the garden. I might enjoy a spliff with friends from time to time but I rarely have a heavy smoking session like I did in my youth.

I don't smoke because I made a pact with myself to honor the plant that I was gonna give it up until I bought it from the store. Just a personal thing really.

I know of plenty of stoners who are boring though lol.

Yeah i got sick of it too..started smoking when i was around 13 and i smoked daily for a good 8-9 years then one day i had to stop because i landed myself in jail and when i got out i smoked and i got extremely paranoid and i didn't like it anymore so i just stoped...of course it just lead to me doing more of other things so in hind sight i sbould have just keept smoking lol...what do you do

I haven't become bored of cannabis, but my use of it has changed dramatically over the past five years from what it used to be.

Nowadays I will have an occasional pinner or a pipe, compared to blazing vast amounts of the stuff and being a bit too stoned a lot of the time. Less really is more, most of the time.

No, never happened to me. Vapourisng has given me a new love for the herb, it seems a more energetic high & it's easier on the body, all of the positives & none of the negatives of smoking weed.

Ya i do. It's not like dopamine drugs where using it is an end to itself, it's just a head shift not massive euphoria or anything. i love me some bud though,

Never got bored of weed in almost 20 years of use. I also don't think I'm addicted to weed at all where some of my friends over the years have definitely been addicted. I smoke only enough to be medicated and not intoxicated. I usually can make an 8th last 3 weeks now but I do have friends who buy qtrs every other day.