• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anyone else feel angry on benzos?

lorazepam has amazing potent anxiolytic effects, paired with Diazepam, also a potent anxiolytic with prominent muscle relaxant properties

Valium 10mg X 3-4 tabelts
Ativan 1mg X 2-3 tablets
Lyrica (Pregabalin) 300-450mg
Clonidine 0.1mg tablet
Oxycodone 5-10mg IR (Oxy-IR) No Tylenol
Ketamine (very thin line size of a tooth pick)

I don’t give a flying Fck who you are …..you’ll be a warm, cuddly teddy bear….looking for someone to snuggle up with on the couch in front of the crackling fireplace watching a good movie in euphoric bliss

I am prone to agitation and even violence (against men) at high enough doses of benzos. Things that normally just bug me but am usually able to shrug off (like someone tailgating me) can wind up in confrontation, like me yelling or even getting out of the car if provoked. The only times I've ever been arrested was under the influence of benzos.

I've also shoplifted a few times while on high doses of benzos (like 10mg of etizolam +), which is extremely out of character for me (shoplifting is something that never even crosses my mind).

Yet I experience little to no disinhibited behavior for alcohol, at least nothing that comes remotely close.

Problem with benzos is that I seem to be naturally tolerant to the sedating effects, and tend to be ambulatory and on the move when i take them, even with heavily sedating benzos like times (or heck, even with z-drugs like zolpidem).

At high enough doses of benzos, especially with benzos like alprazolam, it's like the pitbull that resides inside me is suddenly unchained and goes running down the street causing havoc 🐕‍🦺 🏃‍♂️

I know i have said this before. If I got anything out of drug counseling many years ago was when I asked the counselor why do I get so irritated on opiates. They are suppose to make you feel good. What he said that as soon as a person takes a pill, snort, shot, ect.... they are expecting that to be their peaceful time. Anything that bursts that bubble come across as extra aggravating.

This was years ago. I ended my drug counseling even before the courts said I could for one reason. My drug counselor, who had started recover programs all over the east coast, died of a heroin overdose, leaving behind a pregnant wife and 2 year old child. (real heroin as it was 1997, in the 80's and 90's stuff could be strong) It was at that point I knew I was to go alone and use my own smarts. I decided on smarter drug use. :) (was already using poppies at that point.)

Last edited:
that is true and that phenomenon is repeated in all of my drug use but there is definitely also pharmacological element-probably decrease in GABA release, but I don't know how that could be proved.

I get terrible benzo rage like 8 to 12 hours after Valium.

I’m not coming down or withdrawing…I can even still feel the anxiolytic effect too. I just want to kill MFs on benzos for some reason.

No other drug has this effect on me
I wish I read this thread before I made my own. I had those very same thoughts, at high doses especially. It was very scary, my father thought I was losing my mind because he never seen me act that way.

That same thing, only Xanax has that effect on me.

I take them in only in moderation now, but I notice I still have an attitude but just not as bad.

I take klonopin and have taken Xanax:
Xanax in medium high dose would have me in a annoyed anger.
Klonopin in high doses does not give me the anger as much but I still notice once in a blue moon at annoying bits of my day

Yes, they can put me into an angry funk if I take too much at the wrong time. It's just like with alcohol (a "mean drunk"), which makes sense since they both affect the GABA receptors.

Strangely, I never get that same aggressive feeling from alcohol that I do sometimes from benzo. Never been an angry drunk, or quick to fight when drunk. On certain benzos however I'm like a junk yard dog who's chain that was restraining him has snapped ⛓️. That said, it is isn't random aggression, I have to be provoked. But my reaction to provocation becomes exaggerating, and I get offended very easily. It's the worst with highly disinhibiting benzos like alprazolam. I'm not likely to get aggressive after taking diazepam or temazepam for instance.

The worst and most regrettable things I've done have been on benzos, even to the point of getting arrested as a result.

Wow, I am the opposite, but my use has been limited to to many years of (lorazepam) and ( diazepam)
Never was given Xanax.
many years on benzos no issues
Alcohol everyone once in a while as a drunk for 2+ decades, once in a while on a blackout I would be trouble.
Regaining a where with all, and waking up in jail is unpleasant.

Yea I got some pharma diazepam from UK
In the nice blister packs.
Like 20mg had me feeling super content
Klonopin and valium ftw (I love the yellow .5 and the green 1mg) I've never seen the tablets with the cut out k in the middle. The Roche are sposed to be the holy grail
Xanax just makes me black out drunk

Ah yes benzo rage. I once made the mistake of trading 2 of my idiot friends a 2mg clonazepam for some weed which they split and both took a mg of. A hour later and they where starting fights with each other and one of them even pulled a knife. Thankfully i talked him out of stabbing the guy. That was the first time id seen a paradoxical benzo reaction.