• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anybody ever get blackouts on MDMA?

So I did an experiment. Y'know, for science and all. I took some MDMA and decided to cut back on the alcohol.

No blackouts, but still that blurry feel. I was a bit tipsy and took a normal MD dose and then straight after the MD kicked in an hour later up until it started to die down a bit (4 hours, I guess?)...that whole period is blurry, in particular the peak of the high. Not as bad, but not the high I really want. Honestly, I had more fun drinking more, even with the minor blackouts, and I didn't get the yucky comedown with alcohol either. The next day however was much more bearable...

What dose did you take and how long ago since you last rolled? If you took a big dose, those are usually a bit blurry on their own too. It's only when I go below say 150mg that the blurrieness goes away and the roll is crystal clear :) huray for science!

Nah it was a pretty small dose. 90mg starter and then a booster later on. That was it. I roll regularly too. The drug still worked, I had fun and felt good. Not complaining about that, I just wish it didn't flash by so quickly!

Haha yeah I know what you mean yeah. Though for me that only starts to happen at doses +150mg. The roll is still quite clear, you remember all of the best moments of the night very well, but what happened in between those moments seems to go by in a flash. And that indeed makes the night go by very fast =D but if you think about it, any drug has that effect. I get that when I smoke weed, when I drink a bit or with any other substance involved really. Even when completely sober the entire night I do not remember some moments when there was little interaction with people or when there wasn't much happening around me. Though sober of course I remember a much greater deal of the night than for instance when I smoked only one joint. So even a small amount of a pretty benign substance influences this a great deal...

I got a blackout, I didn't collapse and was fine afterwards, but I remember I was staring at my eyes in the mirror and when I turned away all I could see was black, it must have only been for less than 20 seconds though. It was the first black out I had ever had but I put it down to my pupils being so massive.
I hadn't taken anything apart from mdma and had kept hydrated, but I hadn't eaten much.

I get blackouts a lot of the time on MDMA, and to be honest, I actually quite like them! :p. In my mind, I know I'm rushing hard when I suddenly realise I'm on the other side of the room, with no idea how I got there. This usually happens on 300-400mg, as I find that I need a 200mg initial dose to get me going. Naturally high tolerance it seems...

I get blackouts a lot of the time on MDMA, and to be honest, I actually quite like them!.

What about general short term memory?
I've come to notice problems with my short term memory and that is frigthening. For example, doing dishes manually (the old fashioned way), having some coffee cups in the sink. When I wash stuff, I clean all of them and leave into sink prior rinsing them. So while doing the dishes, suddenly I have no idea if I've already washed any of the cups in the sink aside the one I'm currently washing. Now, that is scary.

I think a major pause (6+ months) is in place.
(Not that I've been abusing the stuff earlier either...)

I have suffered no side effects of any sort (memory or otherwise), but I only use a few times a year. I agree with you though, if you are experiencing issues with memory, perhaps cut down on your MDMA use.

I'm surprise you remember anything at all those levels of dosing.
To be honest I don't remember my rolls in very great detail and I do tend to forget stuff.
All like one lovely dream

What about general short term memory?
I've come to notice problems with my short term memory and that is frigthening. For example, doing dishes manually (the old fashioned way), having some coffee cups in the sink. When I wash stuff, I clean all of them and leave into sink prior rinsing them. So while doing the dishes, suddenly I have no idea if I've already washed any of the cups in the sink aside the one I'm currently washing. Now, that is scary.

I think a major pause (6+ months) is in place.
(Not that I've been abusing the stuff earlier either...)

Are you a regular user of any other drugs? Most notably weed?

I have, once, and I was both surprised and disappointed.

Some heavy shit did happen while I was rolling though so perhaps I suppressed parts of the roll.

I like remembering my experiences. I feel like each roll is a story in and of itself.

I've had experiences of memory loss with high doses of mdma.

I get blackouts a lot of the time on MDMA, and to be honest, I actually quite like them! :p. In my mind, I know I'm rushing hard when I suddenly realise I'm on the other side of the room, with no idea how I got there. This usually happens on 300-400mg, as I find that I need a 200mg initial dose to get me going. Naturally high tolerance it seems...

Haha I know the feeling, it's kind of fun/trippy on the night. Like a roller-coaster ride. One second you're out side having a smoke, the next minute you're in a completely different club that looks different for some reason and then suddenly you're in a taxi going to a house party and then after what feels like 10 minutes the sun is coming up. It's fun on the night, but the next day I just feel like fuck I wasted my drugs...I remember having fun, but I wish I could remember what I was doing/saying more clearly.