• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anybody ever get blackouts on MDMA?

jess046

Bluelighter
It's really strange, but the last few times I've taken MDMA (all different batches) I've had blackouts. The first time was a complete black out (understandable, it was NYE and I went way too far), the other occasions were just kind of blurry, like patches of the night were just gone.

Now, I know what you're going to say - it's probably because I'm drinking too much alcohol under the influence of MDMA. Which is true, I get way too drunk on MDMA (I don't mean to, it just kind of happens), but not enough to make me blackout without MDMA. I can drink that much normally and get pretty wasted, but not black-out, waking up in someone else's house, vomiting kind of drunk. Just the normal sort of drunk. But on MDMA for some reason it makes me blackout.

I really don't like missing out on my MDMA experience, but I like to have a few drinks beforehand to loosen me up. But for some reason after my redose I just end up drinking way too much. I know you'll say don't bring alcoholl with you, but sometimes I steal other people's alcohol if I don't have my own! :\

Does this happen to anybody else? I wonder if it's the MDMA itself? Do some people just blackout on MDMA? It's only happened this year, but then again, I can't remember some of MDMA experiences from last year that well (too many to count) and whether or not I had blackouts then too (maybe I did and that's why I can't remember them). I use stimulants more than MDMA most of the time.

The last few times I took meth and BK-MDMA I didn't blackout even though I was drinking just as much. I've never had a blackout on these drugs or on just alcohol.

Only MDMA. Weird.

Blacking out on MDMA due to alcohol consumption is pretty nuts. First, you are basically wiping out a powerful halluc/stimulant with a depressant. Not to mention muddying the waters a bit. MDMA is best served solo. Try it without all the drinks.

Yea! I actually get it from just taking MDMA, never complete blackouts, but the whole night just seems like a blur kind of, its actually quite frustrating because i do it at raves and i REALLY love the music, but tend to forget alot of the sets due to the MDMA, ive gone to one sober and i remember the sets almost song to song haha, dont get me wrong, MDMA makes an epic night, but i dont like this about it ;(

Well, it's not like I set out intending to get blackouts. The stimulant/empathogenic qualities are not wiped out by alcohol consumption, at least not in my experience.

I know a lot of people here say they take MDMA solo, but where I'm from it's just abnormal to not drink on uppers. Usually the night doesn't revolve around MDMA...it's more like you're at a party, or having drinks with friends and at some point it starts to get boring, so it's kind of like, "hey, let's take some MDMA now." And so the alcohol is kind of unavoidable. I don't usually intend to drink heaps, it just seems to happen. Probably because I drink vodka and my judgement of drink sizes when on MDMA is pretty poor I guess. I should probably ditch the vodka for beer, but I am allergic to wheat.

Yea! I actually get it from just taking MDMA, never complete blackouts, but the whole night just seems like a blur kind of, its actually quite frustrating because i do it at raves and i REALLY love the music, but tend to forget alot of the sets due to the MDMA, ive gone to one sober and i remember the sets almost song to song haha, dont get me wrong, MDMA makes an epic night, but i dont like this about it ;(

Not going to lie. This happens to me sometimes. I've been trying to lower my dose progressively till the point where I roll and actually remember the night. Hahaha. But truthfully, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Last show I went to was a 5 hour set from My fav artist. I didn't even drop until about 1 hour in and even pre roll it's kinda fuzzy and I only have memories I certain parts of the night. Next roll I'm lowering my dose from 140 to probably 110 and see how that goes

I wouldn't have much alcohol when using mdma.

It is easy enough to get dehydrated with that stuff, which I do believe causes most mdma related deaths.

I personally have never had more than 3 drinks with a night of mdma and always drank a shitload of water.

I have never blacked out either. I never got bad mdma and I always was very careful and surrounded by good friends. I personally treat a drug that strong with alot of respect.

This happens to me when I take a lot. I only tend to remember bits and pieces of the night after a certain point.

mdma in normal doses doesn't cause blackouts. it can make your memory a bit hazy or blurry, but i've never had periods of time missing from my memory (not even from too high doses). on the other hand alcohol does exactly that and i don't find it surprising that the combination of alcohol and mdma does induce blackouts in "relatively low" doses. that's also what my friends that tried the combination have reported.

if you are having trouble keeping the amount of alcohol you drink under control, then why not practice by not touching alcohol at all the next few times you go out?

I never mix anything with my MDMA, because I love the effects so much, I don't want to alter them one bit.

Cos

P.S. I always feel better afterward too.

mdma in normal doses doesn't cause blackouts. it can make your memory a bit hazy or blurry, but i've never had periods of time missing from my memory (not even from too high doses). on the other hand alcohol does exactly that and i don't find it surprising that the combination of alcohol and mdma does induce blackouts in "relatively low" doses. that's also what my friends that tried the combination have reported.

if you are having trouble keeping the amount of alcohol you drink under control, then why not practice by not touching alcohol at all the next few times you go out?

If I didn't drink at all I'd probably end up taking way too much MDMA...the earlier you start on the drugs, well, the more you tend to take of them. I should probably refrain from taking a whole bottle of vodka to a party next time, though!

The only time I've ever had a full blackout was when I really over did-it with both the alcohol and the mdma. It's just weird how you can lose control like that on MDMA. I never set out to get wasted, I like a happy-medium, but it's like once you're under the influence of MDMA/alcohol you lose all sense of judgement and end up taking more and more, which only diminishes your judgement even more. Quite the pickle.

But like I said, never had this problem with BK-MDMA.

It's more like bits and pieces are missing for me, not like an entire blackout where I wake up and don't know what the hell happened (ok, yeah, that happened one time).

Yep, classic combination of MDMA and too much alcohol. One moment you are dancing on the dancefloor, the next you are outside with a friend, without knowing how you got there. This happens on MDMA alone too if you take way way way too much (not just a high dose, really too much)

Oh and a simple solution to not take too much MDMA is to just take with you what you are planning to consume and not more. I had problems with this in the beginning too (as I suspect a lot of people have) and I solved it by only taking with me what I was going to consume

Last edited:
Yes this is exactly what used to happen to me in my MDMA honeymoon days xD. Living in scotland at the time it was routine to get pretty drunk during "pre-drinking" and then head out to the club. We'd all usually take our initial doses when heading out so that it'd kick in by the time we'd arrived at the club, I'd sometimes bring an extra 50-60mg for dabbing once there... Pretty much every time I'd not remember much from the first few hours of the MDMA high. Just a blurry memory of me chewing my face off, flashes of light, dancing like a madman and perhaps snippets of conversation that may have been real or imagined x). Just like you I'd also feel like nothing was ever enough whilst in this "blurry peak" time frame. I'd go get more drink, charm others into buying me more, or if I was fucked enough just take drinks left on the side somewhere... The MDMA and alcohol combo turns me into a proper fiendish beast just on the look for anything that would get me more fucked. Seeing as I smoked weed with everything at that time as well I can imagine it did not particularly help towards improving memory of the night the next day.

Obviously the comedowns from this sort of routine got pretty horrendous and I went off MDMA for a long time before taking it again. Since then I make an effort to take as low doses of MDMA as possible, yet still enjoyable. This pretty much works out to be 100mg throughout the night, either in roughly 3 dabs or just one big 100mg bomb... I find its effects by itself unfullfilling and always feel the need to drink with it. Keeping the doses on the low end helps improve that careless disinhibited behaviour :p.

I've never gotten blackouts from MDMA, but I've always done reasonable doses (100-120 mgs), never re-dosed, and never mixed with anything including alcohol, except for like one beer drunk slowly over the course of the entire experience. I wasn't dancing, otherwise I woulda been drinking water/gatorade/juice or something.

The blackouts were probably due to your alcohol consumption, once the M wears off the alcohol hits you like a tank and you forget everything. It happens with other stimulants when combined with drinking. Someone said M is best served solo, but my understanding is that ALCOHOL is best served solo. Why does alcohol have to be Earth's number one drug? The high is so cheap and foggy, i rarely drink.

The blackouts were probably due to your alcohol consumption, once the M wears off the alcohol hits you like a tank and you forget everything. It happens with other stimulants when combined with drinking. Someone said M is best served solo, but my understanding is that ALCOHOL is best served solo. Why does alcohol have to be Earth's number one drug? The high is so cheap and foggy, i rarely drink.

I second this^^ when I do drink, which is occasionally, it is rarely more than maybe 3 drinks max. And even that's usually not the case.

My 1st post here but BEEN trying to get on here to BL.

Saw this topic & had to respond.
IMO
As far as I know
This blackout thing has happened To me for 2 reasons:
1.- NOT enough sleep before dosing & using too strong of a dose.
I remember many of Friday night's or Saturday nights, working all day & partying all night. Days where I woke up at 7 am or earlier & thinking I could hang, dropping beans at 10PM & only remember up to about 12-1230 when I drop the next bean. Waking up at about 2-230 knowing that you did roll but NOT remembering shit & NOT feeling anything anymore.
2. - drinking before dosing & using too strong of a dose.
Lowering of the inhibitions with alcohol & dropping MDMA is a NO NO & I will preach this but I am WAY guilty for this too. STUPID STUPID STUPID as far as I am concerned. Its a fucking waste of good beans. Not only do you waste the beans, you build up your tolerance to MDMA without the best possible experience on the best drug around. Also, because of the alcohol, you feel you can take more than usual.

Adequate nutrition the days before rolling, good sleep & NOT drinking seem to be my key to a proper fucking roll, as well as good beans.

My 1st post here but BEEN trying to get on here to BL.

Saw this topic & had to respond.
IMO
As far as I know
This blackout thing has happened To me for 2 reasons:
1.- NOT enough sleep before dosing & using too strong of a dose.
I remember many of Friday night's or Saturday nights, working all day & partying all night. Days where I woke up at 7 am or earlier & thinking I could hang, dropping beans at 10PM & only remember up to about 12-1230 when I drop the next bean. Waking up at about 2-230 knowing that you did roll but NOT remembering shit & NOT feeling anything anymore.
2. - drinking before dosing & using too strong of a dose.
Lowering of the inhibitions with alcohol & dropping MDMA is a NO NO & I will preach this but I am WAY guilty for this too. STUPID STUPID STUPID as far as I am concerned. Its a fucking waste of good beans. Not only do you waste the beans, you build up your tolerance to MDMA without the best possible experience on the best drug around. Also, because of the alcohol, you feel you can take more than usual.

Adequate nutrition the days before rolling, good sleep & NOT drinking seem to be my key to a proper fucking roll, as well as good beans.

Strong dose alone can also cause this. But in that case I am not talking about 200mg but about +500mg doses (maybe less for some people). This will cause blackouts sometimes without any other substances or fatigue involved. I had that happen once or twice. In this case it is probably the alcohol that's to blame indeed. This combination doesn't mix well for most people and causes blackouts and loss of control. Some people like this though (I don't understand this but hey) and seek out this effect by drinking a lot when rolling. I have a mate that always drank A LOT on MDMA. Never once rolled without drinking actually. I showed him once what the pure MDMA effect feels like by agreeing he would not drink on that particular roll and now he never drinks anymore on MDMA...

Last edited:
I beg to differ. 200mg IS a huge dose. Will definitely have some patchy memory from that. If you are doing 500+ mg. Well, thats just stupid.

I beg to differ. 200mg IS a huge dose. Will definitely have some patchy memory from that. If you are doing 500+ mg. Well, thats just stupid.

Yeah patchy, very true. I didn't say you would be all in one piece from such a dose. The night seems to pass in a blur. But you won't get true blackouts. Not the ones the OP is talking about. Usually these only happen when you mix MDMA and alcohol (or other drugs). And I just tried to point out that if you dose very very high, like in "wow look at that dude, he took way too much", you get the same blackouts too, without alcohol or fatigue involved. And indeed it's possible those kind of blackouts also happen at doses a bit lower, I just never tried it and I know it doesn't happen at 200mg. As for the 500mg dose, yeah that was indeed stupid, but believe it or not it was an unintentional mistake on my part. It has nothing to do with this thread but I'll explain.

Mate of mine brought pills to a party when I was still new to the substance, about 1,5 years in, before I started to look into HR and generally being informed. These turned out to be not very strong (80mg) and more importantly cut with something I could feel. So I only took one and didn't take any more from those. So later on when I was rolling another mate mentioned he had some very good pills on him. He ended up giving a few to me as a gift because it was new years eve. I didn't count how many were in the bag. So we were walking through the crowd and I take one, or so a mate told me a while after. About 15 minutes later we were somewhere in the crowd and I think to myself "did I just take a pill or didn't I?" And I was somehow convinced I didn't, because it was NYE I had already smoked a great deal of weed and drank a bit earlier on, so my head wasn't 100% clear anymore. So I took another one, my mate screamed as I put my hand up to my mouth but he was too late. Turned out to be 200mg pills, I looked them up afterwards. Both hit me like a freight train about half an hour later 8) the night was all blackouts (while still talking to people and interacting while blacking out) and flashes and dreaming while I was awake, insane hallucinations and stuff like that. That was the one and only time I made such a mistake. I always look at my clock now when I dose so I remember. Indeed very very stupid on my part. But you live and learn (luckily)..

Last edited: