• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any tips on how to make yourself urinate while on MDMA?

Yea I'm that idiot at the urinal standing there as 30 dudes next to me come and go and some even come back later for a second piss and I'm still standing there trying to go. I don't give a fuck tho I waited my turn in line damnit I'm gona go!!!

Yea this would happen to me at raves, i think the more ampy pills made it harder to pee. Just don't push it, you must relax and close your eyes and sooner or later you will feel a tingle and it will come out. If not, don't trip just wait till the night is over and you are bound to pee then.

"ecstasy appears to affect the workings of the kidneys by inappropriately secreting an anti-diuretic hormone which prevents the excretion of fluids".

Try not to drink too much water I guess. (just use the minimum to stay hydrated)

Will it do any damage to your bladder?

I get it after a long night where I just cant piss even though my bladder is full.

go and dance so you sweat out as much of the water as possible

you're supposed to drink 500ml an hour if you're dancing a lot

EXACTLY. What you don't sweat out, you will pee. If you're not peeing, then get to sweating.

Will it do any damage to your bladder?

I get it after a long night where I just cant piss even though my bladder is full.

If you continue doing substances that provoke retention, probably within 4 o 5 years later you will be suffering some damage yes!

Liver and bladder are affected with MDMA try to understand that long term damages exist

http://jmt.pennpress.org/strands/jm...2419?issue=20080402&file=20080402_106_108.pdf

Hello Buffalosoldier

Cheers for the positive comments. Its not the most pleasant of topics but the issue of urination is a hardened reality when we experiment with MDMA.

Theres lots of focus on the brain and how the MDMA can cause neurotoxity but less focus on how MDMA effects the bodies more basic functions such as heart, liver, intestines, temperature sensors and water control. Pretty much serotonin controls vast amounts of our bodies day to day function.

For me unfortunately I have been affected by MDMA in a bad way so I try and share this information with people to prevent them from doing the same to themselves.

One of the big giveaway signs that MDMA was starting to have a permanent effect on me in regards to water retention and temperature control was when I was going to the gym.

Previously I never used to sweat so much but the last few years prior to my awful long term come down I noticed I was starting to poor with sweat whenever I excerted myself in any way.

I also noticed if i got into an embarrasing situation I would sometimes poor with sweat. Something I never used to experience.

I never knew it at the time but the MDMA was starting to have long term effects on how my body controlled temperature. My thermo regulators were starting to fail.

I only realised this when I was at a discussion group talking to other people with MDMA abuse problems and they described this excessive sweating symptom. Then suddenly for me the "penny dropped"! I realised what had happened.

From my personal experience I would say if you are starting to sweat too much and you are starting to find yourself at raves taking ages to pee it might be time to hang up the towel with MDMA and call it a day.

Over 18 years of taking MDMA it has been an amazing experience but looking back I think the build up of problems has been very slow and very progressive. At first you dont realise any problems as far as I was concerned there were no problems. But year by year bit by bit things just got worse until one day it was too late.

My life is now a mess as a result of MDMA and more importantly lack of knowledge and information.

When I see topics such as this one where the OP cant pee for 10 hours I see the potential for harm Forwardmotions could be faced with.

This isnt just a case of sitting on the loo and trying to relax this is a case of where MDMA could hurt someone and when you experience symptoms like this think ahead to the future and really ask that question

"where do I want to be in a few years from now?"
"is my body trying to tell me something"

Check out the PDF MDMA and urinary problems are a reality!!

Be safe everyone..

Hey man. Having just read your comments on urinary retention, I suspect I'm suffering in the same way you have/are. Every time I take MDMA, urinary retention becomes more of a problem to me. I've been rolling, on average, probably every 6-8 weeks for 3 years now. At first I could pee fine and never noticed any problems. However, over time it got worse. Recently i've rolled i've found myself standing trying to pee for 3 hours of a night, not realised how long i'd been stood there for till the next day.

The last time I rolled I refused to try and go after a while and went to bed. I woke up with a desperate urge to pee. I rushed to the toilet and began to pee. However, although pee was flowing, it was only flowing somewhat slow and not freely. I thought nothing of it until later than day I noticed my pubic area was swollen (I suspect this is my bladder?) and I still couldn't pee properly. I also noticed that during the rest of this day and the following day I never had the urge to pee, however, upon going to the toilet out of curiosity, I began to pee as normal. This continued for 2 days. It is back to normal now. Have I permanently damaged my bladder?

I also noticed I am sweating all the time now (much like you described) especially at the gym. Almost like i can't stop the flow of sweat. I NEVER used to sweat ever. Now I sweat a lot just lying in bed. Could you tell me more about our bodies thermo etc.

I am seriously considering this as a sign and a good time to stop doing E all together.

Any advice/ comments are appreciated.

I dont think there is any kind of a universal answer for this, busting for a slash as if you have just woke up in the AM but nothing doing is the order of the day for me pretty much, and, as gross as it sounds (i was at a very small rave where the main toilet door was lockable i must add) i found that filling the sink with cold water and dipping my old man into it for a minute or so really and truly did the trick and i was able to walk accross to the urinal and release the bladder bowlong ball full that i had, niagra falls my friends, and a slash has never ever felt as good as that!

but you obviously cant to what i did everywhere, but another related thing that helps me is to get a cold bottle of water from the bar, get into a cubicle, and either hold it against your groin, or if not, get it out and very slowly pour it out onto it, the cooling sensation is an absolute winner, for me anyway.

I dont think there is any kind of a universal answer for this, busting for a slash as if you have just woke up in the AM but nothing doing is the order of the day for me pretty much, and, as gross as it sounds (i was at a very small rave where the main toilet door was lockable i must add) i found that filling the sink with cold water and dipping my old man into it for a minute or so really and truly did the trick and i was able to walk accross to the urinal and release the bladder bowlong ball full that i had, niagra falls my friends, and a slash has never ever felt as good as that!

but you obviously cant to what i did everywhere, but another related thing that helps me is to get a cold bottle of water from the bar, get into a cubicle, and either hold it against your groin, or if not, get it out and very slowly pour it out onto it, the cooling sensation is an absolute winner, for me anyway.

I think the OP is a girl too, no dipping her parts into a sink... haha

Hello Tenner

"Have I permanently damaged my bladder?"

Very unlikely. The bladder is not the issue. The problem lies with the signals getting to the bladder.

Whilst you are on MDMA the signals get messed with and your bodies temperature / fluid senses get messed up in a multitude of ways.

It is important to note MDMA does not just mess with the three main neurotransmitters. Many people focus on just this as the effects from MDMA. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

"Now I sweat a lot just lying in bed. Could you tell me more about our bodies thermo etc."

The bodys thermo control is largely regulated by the Pituitary Gland. Amongst many other things this also controls water retention via a hormone vasopressin. When you take MDMA the Pituitary Gland gets disrupted one symptom is it then produces excess vasopressin. Excess vasopressin has an influence on Urinatory Retention. (there are other reasons for urinatory retention from MDMA)

The reason that your symptoms are getting worse and long term is because each time you take MDMA you are messing with your HPA Axis (Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis).

This is a highly complex balance of responses between your Pituitary Gland, Adrenal Gland and Hypothalamus (which is the part of the brain that links all your nerves to all the endocrine glands) (not surprisingly one of the endocrine glands is your sweat gland) (glands regulate your body) (Cortisol Hormone is one greatly affected by this balance & mdma)

By messing with the HPA axis balance your body does not always restore back to base properly.

IN SHORT LONG TERM MDMA ABUSE CAUSES HPA AXIS DYSREGULATION

There are many factors that will govern how much dysregulation you will cause such as dose, frequency of use, total quantity of use, age, genetics etc.

However whatever the circumstance MDMA will effect all of us in some way. The issue to protect against is how much.

When I experienced problems with my HPA function I noticed

Excessive Sweating (notice increased sweating in the gym)
Excessive Nerves / Sweating (notice sweating when you get embarresed)
Sugar Cravings
Lack of thirst
Symptoms of not peeing at rave gets worse (time it takes gets longer)

"I am seriously considering this as a sign and a good time to stop doing E all together.

Any advice/ comments are appreciated."

Its a weigh up between Positive vs Negative right?

Read up a bit more about HPA AXIS DYSREGULATION / CORTISOL / MDMA judge for yourself if you think your symptoms are related in any way.

Taking E will always cause everyone an element of urinatory retention the issue is how much? The safety margin.

Perhaps consult a health care professional.

This way you can make sure you are making an informed choice.

Cutting down on the amount of E you take might also be worth considering.

Personally if it were me I wish I stopped taking 10 years ago. Life would be 100X better now thats for sure.

Good luck my friend I hope everything works out well.

Futura

I've heard that taking Magnesium can help with the muscle-related side effects.
I haven't tried it, does anyone else have experience with this?

Run the taps, imagine water running through you. Relax and also take a shower if you can. It happens to me frequently when i do mdma and i hate it. Can ruin your night if you have a full bladder especially if alcohol has been consumed prior to mdma. It can also be dangerous if you have too much fluid inside of you that continues to build so make sure you only sip drinks etc... rare cases leads to a condition called hyponatremia which can eventually kill you.

Hello Tenner

"Have I permanently damaged my bladder?"

Very unlikely. The bladder is not the issue. The problem lies with the signals getting to the bladder.

Whilst you are on MDMA the signals get messed with and your bodies temperature / fluid senses get messed up in a multitude of ways.

It is important to note MDMA does not just mess with the three main neurotransmitters. Many people focus on just this as the effects from MDMA. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

"Now I sweat a lot just lying in bed. Could you tell me more about our bodies thermo etc."

The bodys thermo control is largely regulated by the Pituitary Gland. Amongst many other things this also controls water retention via a hormone vasopressin. When you take MDMA the Pituitary Gland gets disrupted one symptom is it then produces excess vasopressin. Excess vasopressin has an influence on Urinatory Retention. (there are other reasons for urinatory retention from MDMA)

The reason that your symptoms are getting worse and long term is because each time you take MDMA you are messing with your HPA Axis (Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis).

This is a highly complex balance of responses between your Pituitary Gland, Adrenal Gland and Hypothalamus (which is the part of the brain that links all your nerves to all the endocrine glands) (not surprisingly one of the endocrine glands is your sweat gland) (glands regulate your body) (Cortisol Hormone is one greatly affected by this balance & mdma)

By messing with the HPA axis balance your body does not always restore back to base properly.

IN SHORT LONG TERM MDMA ABUSE CAUSES HPA AXIS DYSREGULATION

There are many factors that will govern how much dysregulation you will cause such as dose, frequency of use, total quantity of use, age, genetics etc.

However whatever the circumstance MDMA will effect all of us in some way. The issue to protect against is how much.

When I experienced problems with my HPA function I noticed

Excessive Sweating (notice increased sweating in the gym)
Excessive Nerves / Sweating (notice sweating when you get embarresed)
Sugar Cravings
Lack of thirst
Symptoms of not peeing at rave gets worse (time it takes gets longer)

"I am seriously considering this as a sign and a good time to stop doing E all together.

Any advice/ comments are appreciated."

Its a weigh up between Positive vs Negative right?

Read up a bit more about HPA AXIS DYSREGULATION / CORTISOL / MDMA judge for yourself if you think your symptoms are related in any way.

Taking E will always cause everyone an element of urinatory retention the issue is how much? The safety margin.

Perhaps consult a health care professional.

This way you can make sure you are making an informed choice.

Cutting down on the amount of E you take might also be worth considering.

Personally if it were me I wish I stopped taking 10 years ago. Life would be 100X better now thats for sure.

Good luck my friend I hope everything works out well.

Futura

Does the HPA function ever restore itself from mdma damage do we know?

Hello Xtcnation

"Does the HPA function ever restore itself from mdma damage do we know? "

I must point out I dont think anyone knows the true answer to this question for you as we are all different but I can only relate this question to my own experiences and try and give an accurate answer.

I personally have had two long term comedowns from MDMA one lasted 6 months. The second one I am still in recovery of. Currently its lasted almost 11 months. I am in a bad way from MDMA as we speak. (to be straight it was a Piperazine/BZP/MDMA combo)

During my first comedown I felt awful. Very unsettled, mild depression, insomnia and just a general discomfort for life. Eventually it faded and I felt normal again.

There is evidence to suggest that a lot of this discomfort is caused from as well as brain disfunction but also Cortisol Levels. Cortisol (steroid hormone) level is also linked to the HPA-Axis balance. It seems that when Cortisol is high Serotonin is low.

As I have got out of one long term comedown it is clear to me recovery is possible. I cannot prove for sure that it was my HPA=Axis balance that improved but something did and it is very likely HPA-Axis rebalance was a part of this recovery process.

I think if you continue to take MDMA then clearly this recovery process is either halted or made a lot worse.

Listening to this comment:

"It happens to me frequently when i do mdma and i hate it. Can ruin your night if you have a full bladder especially if alcohol has been consumed prior to mdma."

In these situations its a case of Risk Analysis really..

What could possibley happen if I continue to take MDMA?

Good: Fun, Good times, Meet hot chicks etc

Bad: Possible UTI, Possible Urination problems, Possible HPA Axis Misbalance, Possible Long term Comedown. etc

For me I had all these early symptoms and ignored them.

Now I pay the price I have all the points listed in BAD plus many many others. Trust me its NOT NICE!

My theory is if you have reached this point then the BAD starts to favour the GOOD.

Possibley a time to quit or at least cut down thats for sure.

Now I am older I appreciate these statements so much more. When i was younger I did not care.

Bluelight can help minimise risk but cannot cure.

You hold the key at the end of the day..

I hope this info helps you.

if you take E be educated.. Dont let the E educate you.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Be safe out there.

Love, Peace and Respect

Futura.

futura, thank you for continually posting educational and interesting information.

Urinary retention from MDMA can't be good for the insides of your body imo. I always have this problem, most people I know do except my gf. I asked her about it, she basically explained it's a mental thing - she focuses on slowing right down and relaxing then it just happens, I've not had success. I've never waited 10 hours though, maybe 4-5 at most. After coming down from the peak it all comes out in a huge piss

Hello 5000

Cheers for your positive words. As I am so sick right now I have a lot of time on my hands so I try everything I can to ensure people dont hurt themselves in the same way I have. Primary cause MDMA abuse.

You are 100% correct urinary retention is not good at all. The other thing that people dont realise is when you are on E and drugs in general there are loads of unfamiliar chemical reactions happening in your body as it tries desperately to break these drugs down and get them out of your system.

This process of breaking chemicals down is called Metabolising. This is a process carried out by the enzymes in the body. In the process of metabolising the body produces Metabolites. Some of the metabolites are toxic and not wanted. In many cases they are secreted in the urine.

So in many ways it has a double wammy effect as not only are you retaining urine but also the urine is more toxic than normal. This can lead to UTIs and all kinds of gruesome problems with the liver on a long term basis. Remember you wont take an E this weekend and all this stuff will happen overnight it takes a fair time of abuse for you to notice the horrors but unfortunately they catch up on you later in life as I found out.

Your girlfriend is correct if you relax you may well be able to pee. Another cause of urinary retention from E will be anxiety once again caused by raised cortisol and HPA axis disruption. Another cause is the internal urinary sphincter that can sometimes get over stimulated. if this happens its like a water damn. It wont let any urine out. If you can mentally relax and releive some of the over excited state you find yourself in then you can release the sphincter and you can pee. This is what your girlfriend is describing. Currently this is happening once you come down.

The control of the sphincter is activated by nerve impulses from the brain. The primary function of the internal sphincter is operated from what is known as 'Smooth Muscle' Movement.

Smooth muscle movement also controls the actions of the stomach.

Take a lucky guess which neuro transmitter is responsible for smooth muscle movement?
Take a lucky guess which neuro transmitter also lines the stomach?

Serotonin. Do you see the link? 80%+ of serotonin is in the stomach many dont realise this.

When you take E you create one gi normous chemical reaction in your body. Serotonin is a major player in so many of your bodies day to day actions. It is total ignorance if anyone thinks it just provides brain function.

Not only do you flood your body with the neurotransmitter Serotonin but also Dopamine and Norepinephrine. Make no mistake MDMA is a hardcore drug. It has the potential to be a serious neurotoxin also.

Dont be fooled by the pretty and innocent pills. Abuse it and you will pay the price.

Re your symptoms not peeing for 4-5 hours. Has it always been like this or is the time of retention getting worse?

If its getting worse then revert back to my previous post about risk analysis. The highs vs the potential lows.

I am now 38 years old, have taken 400 Es in my life so say a total of 1600 hours rolling. The good times.

In my life I have had to date 17 months of horrendous anxiety bad comedown thats a total of 12,240 hours of total feeling of horror and no life. The bad times.

This is a worse case scenario but this is what can happen if you get this risk analysis wrong.

There is no drama in this post just fact.

I hope this information is helpful and doesnt fill you with horror thoughts.

Take care my friend.

Futura

I have had this problem ever since taking mdma well over 10 years ago. A few things that have worked for me. For the men, sitting down on the toilet instead of pissing standing up will help greatly. It relaxes your muscles. I know it sounds like a chick thing, but just pretend you're about to take a shit, yet the piss will come first. If there is no toilet to sit down on and only a urinal I remember reading a post years ago that recommended multiplying numbers while you are standing there to "release" your mind. 2x2=4, 4x4=1 and continue....once you start using your brain to count you relax your muscles down there. Other than that if you are at your house a warm shower works or running tap water. Beyond that I suggest you keep holding it till you are ready for it to come out. It will sooner or later.

I think the only issue with sitting down on the toilets or taking a shower is the practical reality of doing this at a typical Rave setting.

The toilets at many of the raves I used to go to would be broken off, toilets covered in sick and saliva, chewed up paper you get the idea here!

Mind exercises is a good suggestion xtimex.

Maybe reducing the dose taken might help slightly.

The main issue is to look out for these symptoms getting worse. Thats how problems develop.

Holding pee particularly pee that is loaded with toxic metabolites isnt the best plan.

I think suggetions to releif the problem and get the urine out of your body is the best course of action.

Medication is one option, some people caffeine works but its not ideal.

Another thing that will help is exercise. particularly Core based exercise where you improve your stomach muscles.

It requires a bit of disipline to actually go and do but this will help people a lot.

If I think of more things to help I will post the suggestions.

I couldnt pee at start but now it is easy for me, i read this on Bluelight i guess.
Relax dont think about anything, imagine, water is flowing from ur feet to knees, legs and to ur private part. and u will be able to piss.
Trust me this works !
and I also make sure that I pee just before rolling so my bladder is empty, so i dont have urge to pee when am at my peak etc. because I hate dickheads in the toilets(men).

Turn on a faucet just a tiny bit so the water makes a clear dripping/flowing sound. Works for me 100% of the time even when I really don't need to pee...

If I'm struggling I look at the water dripping down.