• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health any schizophrenics have exp. with DMT?

i see your point, but considering the fact that someone would HAVE to be having schizo tendencies in order to see if dmt cured it....well, it is a necessary evil.

but i do see your point :)

maybe reckless would be a better word than stupid? Either way, I am glad someone is reckless enough to try this, just not as a normal course of action ;)

Look elemnohpee if he hadnt tried we wouldnt know now that there is some potential there to do well for mental illness.

STUPID SHIT happens EVERY DAY, and LOTS of it, you dont need to remind anyone that this was reckless but its happend so be happy.

first of all, check the last post I made. Second of all, you don;t "know" anything. Some dude on the internet said he gave dmt to his friend and it cured schizophrenia, thats not proof of anything.

well im not shizophrenic (who knows? ;) ) but i was abusing drugs heavily the last months and was somehow pretty psychotic and fucked up. when i woke up i just thought damn another shitty day where can i get <random drug> to pass the time. but last weekend i had my strongest LSD experience to date and was able to smoke some spice during the afterglow. fantastic experience. the interessting thing is, i feel very alive, healthy and happy since then and i stay away from drugs, i despise them. i wake up with a smile which doesn't fade away, i enjoy everyday activities and am just thankful for pure existence. of course you cannot generalize this and it has only been a week, but it sure did help me till now. i wonder how long this will go on, if i can make use of this opportunity or if i again fall back into drug abusing behaviour.

well, a certain event that took place last night - at first thought to be accidental - hhah! - has reassserted and forever cemented in my mind the notion that DMT is a Medicine of the highest order and not a drug by any fitting definition of the word.

...and best laid plans of mice and men often go astray...

nanobrain said:
well, a certain event that took place last night - at first thought to be accidental - hhah! - has reassserted and forever cemented in my mind the notion that DMT is a Medicine of the highest order and not a drug by any fitting definition of the word.

...and best laid plans of mice and men often go astray...

Care to elaborate?

well, i suppose it's time for an update.

probably going to have to drop off the grid shortly, so i think it's best to go ahead and get my data out there so it can be heard. Some quick background: i had a psychotic break in my early twenties, was diagnosed schizophrenic. quite a mess, couldnt read or drive a car or recognize loved ones. was really in bad shape for a long time. eventually my treatment team found a mix of antipsychotics that helped me a little, but i was still quite a mess. dellusions, visual and aural hallucinations.

eventually i got brave, or foolhardy, or whatever- and tried the DMT thing. I then started extracting and using it semi-regularly. about once every three weeks for a six to nine month period. Felt less down from the meds (anyone who's tried these can know how awful they are) and more "together" mentally. Eventually i was able to reduce my antipsychotics down very slowly and return to what is baseline normality.

The doctors never thought i'd get better, and with their meds i hadnt been getting any better, just way slowed down and overmedicated to where i was managable. I havent had any medecine in probably five months, and i'm doing ok. No symptoms at all. No visual, no auditory. No dellusions (i think i could notice those) or anything out of the ordinary for a normal person at all.

This is probably just the build up to another potentially devestating situation for myself, i may get sick again, and my results are probably atypical. This may not have anything to do with the dmt. But if it did, and if it could help a single soul who's been hurt by madness, well. You know.

just thought i'd share. seemed worthy of note.

^^ It is good that you are doing well I hope it continues

This thread reminds me of a book I just read called the visionary vine, it was about healing with ayahuasca in South America. The lady who wrote it talked about some of the patients and said that a large portion of the patents that the shamans treat where patents that a psychiatrist would treat in the U.S. so it made it seem like it was quite normal for people in that culture to treat mental discords with DMT. I know a couple of people with schizophrenia and it is a very serious illness and I think DMT could possible cure it in some cases but I don’t think a cure is that easy.

This is probably just the build up to another potentially devestating situation for myself, i may get sick again, and my results are probably atypical. This may not have anything to do with the dmt. But if it did, and if it could help a single soul who's been hurt by madness, well. You know.

just thought i'd share. seemed worthy of note.

Much love to you and good luck

krazycrow said:
This thread reminds me of a book I just read called the visionary vine, it was about healing with ayahuasca in South America. The lady who wrote it talked about some of the patients and said that a large portion of the patents that the shamans treat where patents that a psychiatrist would treat in the U.S. so it made it seem like it was quite normal for people in that culture to treat mental discords with DMT. I know a couple of people with schizophrenia and it is a very serious illness and I think DMT could possible cure it in some cases but I don’t think a cure is that easy.

You shiuld note however, that ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi) is considered to be the 'visionary vine' and not chacruna, chaliponga or any admixtures. DMT is not a neccesary part of an ayahuasca brew.

Fwoosh, good luck and much love to you, I hope that you are free of delusions and feel happy :)

willow11 said:
You shiuld note however, that ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi) is considered to be the 'visionary vine' and not chacruna, chaliponga or any admixtures. DMT is not a neccesary part of an ayahuasca brew.
I was wondering why they listed Harmala as the active ingredant in the book. Well maybye they didn’t use DMT but if I was a south american shaman I would use DMT to treat schizophrenia.

It is often added but not necessary component

Fwoosh, go with the grace of love and beauty.

wow awesome thread...

I have one question, is DMT's mental disorder "curing" effect different from LSD's curing effect? Many people have suggested that LSD can help schizophrenics, and this is very debatable.

Is DMT different?

I read a study online that said people with LSD induced psychosis were indistinguishable from people with schizophrenia. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=6870484

The findings supported a model of LSD psychosis as a drug-induced schizophreniform reaction in persons vulnerable to both substance abuse and psychosis.

if hes schizo from meth which effects the dopaminergic system doesnt that somewhat rule out the the DMT hypothesis

Okay I haven't read this whole entire thread but figured I'd throw in my 2 cents as I am someone who has schizophrenia and have done psychedelics before. I almost always have a bad trip on psychedelics, which is why I have sworn them off. I don't start to hear voices but on acid I remember seeing very frightening images in my vision like a witch or banshee or something formed on the wall and I couldn't turn the tide and make it good again. I started to bug out, but I was in a party setting so I had to keep my cool. I just sat there and didn't talk to anyone because I was in such terror. Also back when I used to get shit like 2c-i and dpt off the internet I would do that shit like everyday. This was back in highschool and those RC's are what brought out my schizophrenia in the first place. I remember running across a field trying to escape like demons and shit that I thought I sensed around me. It was really scary. I'll never do another psychedelic after all my bad trips.

I have one question, is DMT's mental disorder "curing" effect different from LSD's curing effect? Many people have suggested that LSD can help schizophrenics, and this is very debatable.

Is DMT different?

Um, i'd say so... if 50mg's of seroquel and 10mg klonopin won't stop a strong DOC trip, but... one teeny puff of DMT, *stops*, the trip,

my guess is yes. It'll STOP an acid trip, (very low dose, stops moving visuals everything... maybe not in all humans but a puff of DMT is like a nice fresh cup of sobriety. Just a 'baby puff'...

I noticed no one mentioned the movie Altered States in which they gave DMT to schizophrenics. They indeed were calmed and reported a mystical experience.
Only thing is... it's sort of a weird sci-fi turns horror flick, so that might be bad for credibility.
It's typical though, when you compare it to dopamine and catatonia and even better: amphetamines and AD(H)D-patients. So does this mean schizophrenics have a DMT imbalance?

yoyoman said:
my guess is yes. It'll STOP an acid trip, (very low dose, stops moving visuals everything... maybe not in all humans but a puff of DMT is like a nice fresh cup of sobriety. Just a 'baby puff'...

Interesting, since a larger dose of DMT on LSD is known to be extremely psychedelic and synergistic. Are you just saying that a tiny dose will stop a trip, or that any dose will but only a tiny one is necessary?