Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Any movies or shows actually worth watching ?

90sdance

Bluelighter
I tend to be of the view that very little in the way of cinematic/musical/tv theatrical value has been produced since 1999 (kind of like the quality of certain drugs). Or at the very least there has been a massive deterioration in quality since then (probably deliberate - as the Luronic Kabbalists had the apocalypse planned for 2012 and we are still waiting.....being subjected to bad media is part of the The End Times™). Anyway i digress, do tell me about quality developments in the cinomatagraph, the latest and greatest in motion pictures. Nothing that tries to be all deep and ''artistic'', i hate contrived material and i hate the critics who confuse it for quality. Just good old fashioned entertainment please. I have already seen Stranger Things and i love it, cant wait for the next season. I dont watch much in the way of shows so im open to suggestions. Also movies

Last edited:
12 Monkeys
Westworld
Helix
Dark Matter
Black Mirror
The Rain
Final Space

Are what just comes to my mind in terms of series, for sure I'll have forgotten some and not necessarily your taste.

Mr. Robot sounds interesting too! Will be the next I'm gonna watching.

Ehhh, I hated Mr. Robot. Goes to show these things are subjective again lol

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably the best tv show of the 21st century IMO.

Lots of good movies came out post-90s though. Most of Quentin Tarantino's stuff has been good, same with Christopher Nolan till the last few years. Lot's of good Coen Brother's films.

Film ain't dead, it's just having a bad period.

I tend to be of the view that very little in the way of cinematic/musical/tv theatrical value has been produced since 1999 (kind of like the quality of certain drugs). Or at the very least there has been a massive deterioration in quality since then (probably deliberate - as the Luronic Kabbalists had the apocalypse planned for 2012 and we are still waiting.....being subjected to bad media is part of the The End Times™). Anyway i digress, do tell me about quality developments in the cinomatagraph, the latest and greatest in motion pictures. Nothing that tries to be all deep and ''artistic'', i hate contrived material and i hate the critics who confuse it for quality. Just good old fashioned entertainment please. I have already seen Stranger Things and i love it, cant wait for the next season. I dont watch much in the way of shows so im open to suggestions. Also movies
Since 1999 we went through 2 golden eras for TV? =D where are the comparable shows from before 1999? Save for Twin Peaks. To start off... The Leftovers! Deep & quality. It'll take your mind for a ride like never before.

the new Dune was pretty good, all of Villeneuve's stuff is pretty good - Prisoners was one of the best thrillers in a long time. Tenet was great. Cronenberg released some good stuff. 1917 was good.

Gonna say, where the fuck were you that you didn't watch Game Of Thrones for a good couple of years? That was a Sunday night ritual for the longest time.

Go binge watch The Expanse and thank me laterz.

Gonna say, where the fuck were you that you didn't watch Game Of Thrones for a good couple of years? That was a Sunday night ritual for the longest time.

Go binge watch The Expanse and thank me laterz.
I binge watched The Expanse too, I read the books. Great books, can't think of the author right off hand, but I can go straight to the book at a bookstore.

I've been watching House of Dragon, and haven't yet seen the second episode !! I'm going to get around to that later. Trying to make the most of television, before change.

Sandman , StrangerThings, peaky Blinders, are just a few that I'm watching.

I rather like really poor quality, bad and dumb reality shows, I just think its so funny! Those ppl are so stupid and so out of control, they just crack me up! Like for example 'ex on the beach' a large group of girls and of their ex bf's just try to have as much sex as possible, the guys are such macho's and say idiotic things like 'Im going to show that also here I am the king' or 'if I want to fuck I will fuck', just the confidence with which they say those things makes it hilarious ...

And the girls are all fake bitches, fat boobs, fat ass, fat lips, all fake, really ugly, but they think they are the bomb and often resulting in cat fights...

Or the reality show hotter than my daughter, in which old, repulsive women think they are in fact hotter than their daughter and dress extremily slutty and extravagant while all the daughters are deeply ashamed...

Actually a good reality show, high quality, belgian, is de neveneffecten (the side effects), they are 4 young but talented smart guys, and funny, who stopped the ripp off night tv shows, at night over here they used to broadcast live games which you can call, very expensive, to win money, but its a scam, its impossible to win, they showed this in a clever way and those game shows got banned, what they also did was get inside a container and let it be dropped off at the entrance of mobistar belgium, when mobistar calls the number on the container they answer and really very clever make it an infinite regression of mobistar having to wait and not getting connected with any (the right) person...

What I also used to like is two and a half men, back when it was with Charlie Sheen...

Also good is Gooische vrouwen (ladies from gooi, which is an area in holland), its real funny, its about these rich woman that dont know what to do with their free time and one man, a singer, who fears he has heart problems but just hyperventilates and he makes a huge drama of it, also he heard by accident his wife say to her friends that he is not good in bed which katapults him into a severe depression cancelling his biggest concert tour hahaha...

I tend to be of the view that very little in the way of cinematic/musical/tv theatrical value has been produced since 1999

Crap, you know, you got me thinking that maybe you're right.

Maybe all the films I've watched in the past 20+ years have all been shite and I'm a low brow pleb who eats up anything put in front of me.

Maybe I've set the bar too low.

Maybe 1999 was the last year truly great cinema.

Maybe all the groundbreaking directing, captivating acting, and breathtaking cinematography went away at the turn of the century.

Show me the ways, master. For I am your student.

Would love to hear your t-

I have already seen Stranger Things and i love it

lol never mind.

Any restaurants worth going to anymore?

I tend to be of the view that very little in the way of culinary value has been produced since 1999. Or, at the very least, there has been a massive deterioration in the subtle and delicate art of gastronomy! Probably deliberate, as the French new wave chefs of the early 1900s predicted the rise of fast food at the turn of the century leading to the fall of civilization. Poor plating and garnshing is a sign of the End Times. Please, nothing that would be recommended by a "foodie". I hate contrived dishes and I hate critics that confuse using methods like sous vide, flambeing, dry aging, or blanching for quality. Just good Michelin star meals, please. Oh, where has all the quality gone!

Also my favorite meal is a corn dog.

I've been watching House of Dragon, and haven't yet seen the second episode !! I'm going to get around to that later. Trying to make the most of television, before change.
House of Dragon is good so far. Its like creature comfort food.

I can't speak as much on TV shows, but there is an excellent movie from a few years back that I absolutely love! It's called "Brigsby Bear". It has some mainstream actors in it, but kind of seems to have slipped under the radar. It is just such an original story that constantly defied my expectations. I try to recommend this from time to time, but other than my mother, I don't know anyone who has seen it. I don't do this much anymore, but I actually bought the DVD just because I liked it so much.

It's much more well known, but "Jojo Rabbit" is probably the most impactful movie I've seen in the last 2-3 years. You'll laugh, you'll cry, just a wonderful movie with terrific storytelling and acting.

It can be hard to recommend shows/movies without knowing what you like. I'm into most genres of movies. Not super into musicals or overly religious movies, but I do watch some from time to time.

I tend to be of the view that very little in the way of cinematic/musical/tv theatrical value has been produced since 1999 (kind of like the quality of certain drugs). Or at the very least there has been a massive deterioration in quality since then (probably deliberate - as the Luronic Kabbalists had the apocalypse planned for 2012 and we are still waiting.....being subjected to bad media is part of the The End Times™). Anyway i digress, do tell me about quality developments in the cinomatagraph, the latest and greatest in motion pictures. Nothing that tries to be all deep and ''artistic'', i hate contrived material and i hate the critics who confuse it for quality. Just good old fashioned entertainment please. I have already seen Stranger Things and i love it, cant wait for the next season. I dont watch much in the way of shows so im open to suggestions. Also movi

I found a 2.seasom.show on Amazon prime "counterpart* starting j k simmons. Found show bizarre premise