• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Anti-Narcissism

Nice to meet you kiely

Do you dig it, Y'all?

Okay. So what can you say. Best if you don't judge them. And just try to deal with them or the bitter abuse. lol.

Or their developmental impairment. Or the stunted emotional growth. Or possibly their demonic spirits at play. They might like to play games too.

Figure out if they actually deserve forgiveness and compassion somehow.

But do learn how to live without being punished and disrespected for even the smallest reason that is filled with contempt I guess. Or for the exact

meanings of what exactly defines other beings.

I think Jnowhere will just seek for the truth out of all others interactions and behaviors that are out there. <3

Oh and thank you for posting and saying hello with such insight in your perspective and most awesome of you to do so also !

Really good to hear theory put into effect. And enjoying the posts in the thread.

I tell ya though, it does seem to be a very relative subject no matter how it is presented.

:)

I was actually diagnosed with both anti social personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder by a quack shrink. I don't know where she got either from really but i guess i could have anti social tendencies as i will definitely fuck someone up and not feel bad about it if i have to. I also could care less what the vast majority of people think about me.

I see antisocial personality disorder as being more of a reflection of what society deems normal behavior as opposed to a actual disorder

I was actually diagnosed with both anti social personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder by a quack shrink. I don't know where she got either from really but i guess i could have anti social tendencies as i will definitely fuck someone up and not feel bad about it if i have to. I also could care less what the vast majority of people think about me.

I see antisocial personality disorder as being more of a reflection of what society deems normal behavior as opposed to a actual disorder
I think that if the same Client visited say 5 different Psychs ... there could be 5 different diagnoses. Diagnoses come out of a book.

Culture may be obsessed, itself, with a checklist and diagnosis in this view. So if we are witnessing a specific behavior we can call it that specific behavior then. Because it is that specific behavior.

So it might be weird, a trend, or culture where we need to find labels and checklists as if all of us fit into some excel spreadsheet somewhere.

People are all different and it can be a critical oversight that really undermines our understanding of a certain behavior or behaviors.

It can favor simplistic, flawed labeling system that gives out a placebo of feeling like we actually understand about the messy truth of just human life in general.

And then the behavior checklist is a model. Also, it could be said that all of the time all models are wrong. Some models are useful.

~~

Checkpoints.

~~~~

I know, I am at it again. It is an interesting subject matter and of course a great thread. Who knew. I don't know if it will spark back up again but it was a fascinating and intriguing focus !

I think what the o.p. was saying, actually is, the post was about labels in society and specific models that point to a behavioral pattern and it is looked at as a focus in a culture for sure.

~~~~

In the pendulum of one extreme to another from being an extreme Empath to very a very Harmful opposite, it seems relevant that it could be very important to maintain Composure in the middle ground ! That is try to maintain Composure when dealing with specific behavior patterns.

No matter what, try to remain calm, assertive, concise and focused when dealing with the behavior of others.

Someone posted in this thread noting IRONY. I can't find the post ... too tired to old.

But I wonder who else sees that for every 'nice' person in the world there is a 'bad' person? Generally speaking.

I look around at the world and I see good and bad, hot and cold, black and white ... a simple set of opposites that is inescapable to language and awareness. Christians say god versus devil, Buddhists say Buddha versus Mara, Taoists say Ying and Yang.

So these opposites are what I mean by Irony. Post modern thinkers see Irony
is the potential that powers the world. eg: there would not be Law without Criminality. There would not be life without Death.

And if you look around everything is postulated/exists according not only to itself but also to its opposite!

This split or dichotomy is within me. If I say I am a good person someone I know will remind me of some unsavoury action I performed.

We all know someone who says they NEVER do this or that ... and we've seen them do it a million times! (So Fraud was right on this point regarding the existence of unconscious behaviour.)

Well, that's all folks. I 've run out of steam ...