• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anti cannabis literature included with every mail order/couriered sale (Manitoba)

For real ? I’m a fellow Canadian and I had no idea it wasn’t legal in some more provinces . Tell me more please

Same day courier service isn’t available in Nova Scotia. A lot of it breaks down into specific provincial/territorial jurisdictions

Fer instance, Manitoba allows private stores, online private ordering from individual stores and same day courier service (realistically that means Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin and uh one other place). it’s legal in the whole province - just not available. Private delivery is available also. There’s 3-4 couriers available, but all require complete payment before order is accepted.

Ontario allowed same day courier service for a while during the early days of Covid; don’t know about now. It’s a luxury b/c the potential for Canada Post mail strikes can and would affect delivery

It’s *only* Manitoba now that disallows personal cultivation. However there is currently a charter of rights challenge pending on the province disallowing cultivation. Looking forward to that when it goes to court.

@Bagseed This is my intention after moving from Manitoba to Nova Scotia (as well as avoiding -40C winter weather). Growing is illegal where I currently live; where I’m headed to - if I can get a bit of land, I’d like to grow outdoors and see how good/bad I am.

Tom

Last edited:
No mention of Québec's retro-active "right" granted to landlords who wish to launch an eviction procedure with cannabis as the sole justification.

No mention of Quebec's interdiction to display cannabis prints on T-Shirts, etc.

No mention of Québec's decifict when it comes to green money, since Canada now has over 500+ "LPs", as i vaguely recall, while we still got frequent occurences involving just a branch of some LP operating from one of the many other provinces. E.G. Justin Trudeau succeeded where his father failed, which is to damage our economy one way or another...

As i explained, "legal = safer" is nothing but a view of the mind wearing psychedelic glasses while on narcotics, i even remember reading a complaint from Didier Jutras-Aswad over his impossibility to conduct studies (on CBD!) long after the laws were updated by Liberals. Which also happens to be a reminder of the UN/WHO joint publication dating back to mid-December 2017 and yet 3 years later we'd risk major trouble for growing this on a private/innaccessible balcony.

Egzoset; thank you for posting about cannabis news in/from Quebec. We get precious little about Quebec in ‘normal’ Manitoba news coverage.

And there is a difference between the phrases ‘legal is safer’, ‘legal can be safer’ and of course ‘legal can never be safer’. I sit in the middle; until cannabis can be freely sold/given (eg in farmer’s markets, no license required, sold In grocery stores, etc) I say it ain’t safer....but the future is still open.

Tom

Hi again,

This only takes ~3 minutes to find using specific keywords:

Pot in Quebec: What Are the New Rules? (2020-Jan-16)
The legislation on cannabis (2020-Mar-11)
Cannabis cultivation - Prohibition of cannabis cultivation:
« It is prohibited to cultivate cannabis for personal use. Of note is that it is also prohibited to possess a cannabis plant for personal use. »

So it seems to me the idea of a successful supreme court challenge remains greatly exagerated so far... Confusion may result from exceptions reserved to landlords - AGAIN - but only those who can manage to garantee the ridiculous 9 meters guard band while it's only 2 meters for CoViD-19, the later being allowed in public place although cannabis hints are not. Consequently my interpretation of what i could gather boils down to practically rendering us invisible on top of being asked to move out of cities in hope an installed guru will grant the privilege of growing 4 plants ONLY after providing a written admission of being sick enough to ask for it in the 1st place, and of course even if one happens to meet such expectations there's still the fact that such "privileges" must get paid in advance. And i think i can stop there for today!

😐