• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

annoying sayings from non-drug users

If anybody says anything, then just say you're not a drug user and ask if they find you annoying. They'll be so flumaxed thay you're actually being on topic thay that they'll have to leave the thread. Thats what Im going to do anyway.

Yeah lets face it Klaus Shwab is beyond bell end, but I've been pondering recently that he's clearly a middle man too. He's proper into dystopia isn't he. Maybe it's like getting excited about fantasy novels for him. What a wanker.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to convey here. What is "flumaxed"?

flummoxed

verb​

1. Simple past tense and past participle of flummox.

adjective​

1. Confused, perplexed or flustered.

Flummoxed, though I used the ancient english spelling.

So like if anybody gets irritated, just say you're non-drug user and you're annoying them and we have a cover, though I've blown it now.

That said, I'm not a drug user so anybody who doesn't like this is in the wrong thread,

"heroin is more dangerous than alcohol!"
In its pure medical grade form, not it's not.
'nobody can function on heroin!"
Plenty of people do, so long as they have reliable access. My late best mate worked daily as a house facade restorer / painter and never once showed up at his job incapacitated (he used his accurately-dosable methadone for working hours, just to keep him ticking over physically while fully 'there').
"you're just trying to justify your drug use!"
Why on earth would I NEED to justify anything that improves my quality of life in the face of tremendous challenges. Or even just to feel good. Since when has 'feeling good' become some moral issue ; are we back with the Puritans -?
Not only is this annoying but none are factual either.
YES. ⬆️⬆️

Even in it's shitty street quality form (which rarely has purity above 10%; usually between 1 and 5%) you can become old as a rock if you don't OD. Look at William S. Burroughs. Dude became old af and shot heroin during most of his life. No organ failure, no abscesses, no nothing. Alcoholics on the other hand constantly struggle with a plethora of health issues. I bet my right arm that Willy wouldn't have become nearly as old if he was a daily drinker instead of a daily fixxer.

I shot heroin for nearly 10 years and my veins are still aight. Lost two small veins on my left hand but lel, who cares about those when all the others on my body still work? Now with Polamidon IV and the use of wheel filters (sterile 0.1µm with which you can filter anything from bacteria to even COLORS) plus Heparin Ointment, my veins will be even better off for the future. I have actually come to like the vein after-care ritual more than shooting up itself lol.

. Let me prohibit your crappy alcohol
We know what happened with alcohol prohibition. In one single instance, over 200 people died in New York shortly before Christmas, having consumed illegal booze which contained industrial alcohol (methylated spirits). Those who did not die outright suffered blindness and permanent paralysis.

... They just wanted a drink.
Who knows, maybe you wouldn't be here talking with me if it wasn't for opioids.
No, I would not.
I certainly would have long committed suicide due to my manic-depressive episodes if opioids weren't there to balance me out and create internal harmony.
Were you ever tried on lithium -? I have a friend with severe classic bipolar and this medication has proved extremely beneficial for him.
Tricyclical antidepressants on the other hand have actually CAUSED suicides
I'm almost sure what you mean is SSRIs. Those are the class of anti-depressants that have had significant accounts of 'paradoxical effects', ie their administration made suicidal ideation WORSE rather than curing it. I myself was tried on fluoxetine and this happened. I've never heard this with regards to tricyclics, which are some of the best-proven meds on the market.
Dependence isn't what prevents you from travelling easily and comfortably. It's the asinine, arbitrary rules and regulations that prevent your freedom of movement.
Sure. But in my case I simply do not like the very idea of being physically dependent on a substance
my body does not need. It's not just about the inconvenience. It's about the principle.
Yes me too. Our brains just lack something that normies have.
I think that's a distinct possibility but more research needs to be done. What makes it complicated is that mental health issues can follow excessive drug use, instead of always preceding it. Some drug use can alleviate certain mental health conditions, but definitely some drug use also directly causes mental health conditions for some people, or at the least exacerbates them.

Last edited:
Even in it's shitty street quality form (which rarely has purity above 10%; usually between 1 and 5%) you can become old as a rock if you don't OD. Look at William S. Burroughs. Dude became old af and shot heroin during most of his life. No organ failure, no abscesses, no nothing. Alcoholics on the other hand constantly struggle with a plethora of health issues. I bet my right arm that Willy wouldn't have become nearly as old if he was a daily drinker instead of a daily fixxer.

I shot heroin for nearly 10 years and my veins are still aight. Lost two small veins on my left hand but lel, who cares about those when all the others on my body still work? Now with Polamidon IV and the use of wheel filters (sterile 0.1µm with which you can filter anything from bacteria to even COLORS) plus Heparin Ointment, my veins will be even better off for the future. I have actually come to like the vein after-care ritual more than shooting up itself lol.
I've permanently blown 2 lines, but that's from like a decade of careless use.

Meanwhile my liver enzyme readings are off the charts at my latest blood count. Go figure.

PS my aim is to be physically healthy AND mentally well ; but whatever service I can access would appear to be making that all but impossible.

We know what happened with alcohol prohibition. In one single instance, over 200 people died in New York shortly before Christmas, having consumed illegal booze which contained industrial alcohol (methylated spirits). Those who did not die outright suffered blindness and permanent paralysis.
Precisely. Prohibition is not the solution, because people are gonna do what they're gonna do. What I was trying to say is that alcoholics would end up exactly where heroin addicts are if it was illegal.

Were you ever tried on lithium
Have you ever seen what happens when lithium reacts with water? Seen those numerous clips where those hip lithium charged E-Cars explode? Yeah no, there is no way I'm gonna put that shit in my body. Sure, you don't explode when drinking water afte swallowing a lithium pill (the amount is simply too small) but it can still cause micro trauma, which over time can really add up. Furthermore, there is conflicting evidence on the efficacy of lithium (some studies even suggesting that it causes paradoxical reactions). Also, whenever a substance is pushed all of a sudden by the mainstream on the masses, I immediately become very sceptical because if there is one thing that I have learned early on in life, it's that the system has no interest in our well-being. There is always some caveat they tell you nothing about and decades later when the damage has already been done they're like "oh shit, how did THAT happen? We are so BAFFLED!".
Anyway, don't wanna annoy you with my (admittedly justified) paranoia.
I'll stick to things like Chlorella Pyreneidosa, full spectrum cannabinoid oil, etc. to combat any ailments that I might have.

Sure. But in my case I simply do not like the very idea of being physically dependent on a substance
my body does not need. It's not just about the inconvenience. It's about the principle.
Ok then, in your case it seems to be a philosophical issue. I respect that. I actually once thought just like you, but one day I just asked myself why I should swim against the current and not with it for once in my life? It worked for me. I stopped stressing myself out, beating up myself, taking a toll on my feelings of self-worth just because I happen to be dependent physically and mentally on exogenous opioid chemicals. I realized that my entire presupposition had been wrong. My dependence was not a matter of psychology or lack of will power, it was a matter of neurochemistry. Since then I have made my peace with my dependence and take my opioids unashamedly and enjoy every mg/ml of it pumping through my heart, making me feel whole. It's just the way it is. We are perhaps born this way, similar to how gay people are simply born being homosexual. It might take a few more decades until we arrive at that conclusion but I'm sure it will happen.
Some drug use can alleviate certain mental health conditions, but definitely some drug use also directly causes mental health conditions for some people, or at the least exacerbates them.
I'm wondering if that is really caused by the drug itself, or by the circumstances surrounding drug use due to its prohibitory nature. I mean prohibition doesn't just end with something being illegal. It has far far reaching consequences extending to the financial, social, mental, emotional, familial facets of life. I can't tell you how extraordinarily high my stress levels have been when I was fiending dope. The constant worry over my dope running out, my new dealer being busted, whether or not I can make enough money the present month to feed my habit, the psychological terror of withdrawal, the stigma, the social isolation...I think those stress factors all caused massive anxiety and depression in me, to the point where I even started dreaming of being dope sick, waking up and then realizing that I actually still have some left...like a cruel joke that was played on me by my own mind. I believe it's THOSE surrounding factors that cause mental illness. But as soon as I went into maintenance and receive opioids legally, all these issues went away. I have never felt so emotionally stable since the beginning of my addiction. This is proof to me that the substance isn't the issue here.

@Hexenstahl, lithium most definitely ISN'T some new-fangled thing being 'pushed' by the pharmaceutical industry for financial gain.
It's a long-standing, tried and tested treatment that has been proven and documented to help many manic-depressive patients. For the friend that I mentioned, it's been invaluable for regulating his severe mood swings and altered states.

Just because it's also found in batteries doesn't mean it's suspicious. Heck, people freak out over minor amounts of formaldehyde in vaccines because their mind immediately goes to 'stuff you pickle corpses in' ; yet apple peel also contains it and it's a by-product of every living breathing human's metabolism.
There needs to be less of an overall knee-jerk 'ahh CHEMICALS!' response, because to be honest it's not much more sensible or helpful than the knee-jerk 'ahh DRUGS!' response.

PS for clarification, I'm in the possibly quite rare position of an illicit drug user who grew up in a medical household.
I am exceedingly exasperated by the widespread uninformed prejudice I routinely encounter towards BOTH standard medicine AND general drug use.

when I dabble in low dose opiates I get comments that im 'different' and 'doing better'

I assume its related to my anxiety.
My mom use to straight up tell me (and help me get) that she'd prefer me on pain pills & heroin than on alcohol.

I was a much more cheerful person on opioids, motivated, got shit done, would clean our house, was pleasant to be around, etc...

But me on alcohol... I was an emotional mess, violent, suicidal, etc..

Plenty of people do, so long as they have reliable access. My late best mate worked daily as a house facade restorer / painter and never once showed up at his job incapacitated (he used his accurately-dosable methadone for working hours, just to keep him ticking over physically while fully 'there').

Why on earth would I NEED to justify anything that improves my quality of life in the face of tremendous challenges. Or even just to feel good. Since when has 'feeling good' become some moral issue ; are we back with the Puritans -?

YES. ⬆️⬆️
Absolutely!

Any time I try to explain these things to non-drug users or even some ex-drug users, they don't believe a word of it. It all comes back to that "you just wanna use" bullshit & that some how justifies their opinion that heroin should be illegal & is bad. It's so stupid.

I had a doctor that wanted to put me on lithium so bad. But I refused for years.

I had a friend who was model-skinny all her life & she got put on lithium & it destroyed her thyroid to where she gained like 150lbs & had to take thryoid medicine.
So that always scared me from wanting to use it. I don't know about where you're from but in the US they also have to monitor your blood & liver & what not if you're going to be on lithium.

I agree that it could have some uses for people who tolerate it well.

Still personally think I'd be healthier treating my depression with an opioid/heroin though.

got put on lithium & it destroyed her thyroid to where she gained like 150lbs & had to take thryoid medicine.
So that always scared me from wanting to use it. I don't know about where you're from but in the US they also have to monitor your blood & liver & what not if you're going to be on lithium.
Exactly lol. The fact they have to monitor all that shit just shows me that there are countless risks, some even unknown, that come with taking lithium. Otherwise they wouldn't need to do that, right? I'm just using basic common sense and logic. And also, as I said, there are many conflicting studies on the usefulness/dangers of lithium. Thanks but no thanks...

Exactly lol. The fact they have to monitor all that shit just shows me that there are countless risks, some even unknown, that come with taking lithium. Otherwise they wouldn't need to do that, right? I'm just using basic common sense and logic. And also, as I said, there are many conflicting studies on the usefulness/dangers of lithium. Thanks but no thanks...
Yes it can have serious side-effects for some people. That's why patients need to be monitored and have regular blood-work done. I'm not advocating for anyone to take it who has concerns, I'm merely saying it's helped a lot of bipolar patients.

Yes it can have serious side-effects for some people. That's why patients need to be monitored and have regular blood-work done. I'm not advocating for anyone to take it who has concerns, I'm merely saying it's helped a lot of bipolar patients.
Btw, I'm not categorically against conventional medicine. After all, I microdose myself with Naltrexone every day to upregulate my MOR and inject myself with synthetically produced opioids like Levomethadone, all of which are completely unnatural substances. I do value conventional medicine where it's due, but I also see where the potential dangers far outweigh the possible benefits.

Btw, I'm not categorically against conventional medicine. After all, I microdose myself with Naltrexone every day to upregulate my MOR and inject myself with synthetically produced opioids like Levomethadone, all of which are completely unnatural substances. I do value conventional medicine where it's due, but I also see where the potential dangers far outweigh the possible benefits.
Interesting - what dose do you take?

LDN (low-dose naltrexone) is becoming quite a thing and being increasingly rx'd off label in here in UK for stuff like chronic fatigue

Interesting - what dose do you take?

LDN (low-dose naltrexone) is becoming quite a thing and being increasingly rx'd off label in here in UK for stuff like chronic fatigue
No, not LDN. That would send me into precipitated wd. It's ULDN (ultra low dose naltrexone). My current dose (more potent than the dose I took before) is 6µg. I take it once per day, one hour before shooting up my opioid and it has not only reduced my tolerance, but kept it at a stable level ever since.
I actually wrote a thread about it: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ul...uce-and-keep-tolerance-to-opioids-low.914985/

LDN is very interesting for people who are off opioids and struggle with PAWS because it essentially eliminates the symptoms of PAWS.

No, not LDN. That would send me into precipitated wd. It's ULDN (ultra low dose naltrexone). My current dose (more potent than the dose I took before) is 6µg. I take it once per day, one hour before shooting up my opioid and it has not only reduced my tolerance, but kept it at a stable level ever since.
I actually wrote a thread about it: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ul...uce-and-keep-tolerance-to-opioids-low.914985/

LDN is very interesting for people who are off opioids and struggle with PAWS because it essentially eliminates the symptoms of PAWS.
yup, thats actually what I was thinking - ULDN, 6ug hey, volumetric dosing? I'll give your thread a read later thanks

I know a couple of people who have never used opiates and have had very good effect from LDN rx'd off label for fibromyalgia. Definitely interestng yeah