• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

An Uphill Struggle for the New "Super" Painkiller

What?, is this the same stuff thats been legal in Canada for ever?
My Pain doc told me he would like to script it in the states simply because of the risk of too much aca.
I would like to give it a try as taking so much methadone is driving me crazy.
What would the down side be? except of course, getting hooked on this.
I am so sick of relief for 3-4 weeks then a slow slide back to 5-7 pain levels 24/7 with no end in sight.
Then the thoughts of eating the steel coated lead tablet. that'll take care of it.

SUPER PAINKILLER!

Yet IV morphine is far more addictive and powerful than this substance.

I fail to see the logic here.

EDIT: Except from the perspective of Drug War fanatics who would rather see someone suffer in pain than give people any decisions over what to do with their own bodies.

I don't know why anyone (either a user or chronic pain sufferer) would bother with Zohydro when there is Roxi and OPs out there. I don't know why the manufacturer of Zohydro would even try to get this thing approved, especially with the rampant abuse going on. @Diverdave, I would try to get your doctor to switch you to Opana ER or OP (an ER, 40 mg or 80 mg) and keep percocet or Roxi on hand for the "breakthrough pain". If your doctor won't do it, find one that will. You have a right to be pain-free and there are options out there. Have a discussion about with him/her about the appropriate and safe dosage. If you take as prescribed, you will NOT get addicted although you will have a dependency ( my opinion is that there is a difference).

They want to sell the new Zyhydro to make money, not to help people!! If the pharm companies and anti-drug abuse clowns really cared they would want cheap to purchase and very strong opiates for pain patients. They could make all kinds of opiates if they wanted to..but it would not be profitable to flood the market and allow easier access to better meds..they like being monopolys of meds that make bilions of $ a year ...The anti-drug people are just up tight asshole who have never experienced any pain really or if so they have the money and political connections to obtain any drug they need..Look at Majic johnson- he has lived for several decades now with HIV and seems to be pretty good..had he been a regular guy back in the 90's I think he would have died long ago..but with millions of dollars and friends in high places= access to meds and treatments in Europe or wherever...nothing against him though. Just saying there are one set of rules for the weathy in this nation(and all nations) and other sets of rules for the "masses" that are made to maximize profits, make jobs for anti-drug types,etc, just like it always has been and likey always will be!! Sad but true..

Would someone think of the children? If we give them Tylenol with their hydrocodone, then they have to hire a chemist to peform a cwe toabusse

They say it's more dangerous because it's no longer cut with the number one cause of liver failure in the western world, wow.

Super drug? Super pain killer? What a bunch of fear mongering hyperbole nonsense. It makes sense to not force people to eat boat loads of Tylenol taking a bunch of Vicoden everyday, or to switch people to something stronger like oxys because there isn't much else for choices.

some people react better to hydro over oxy, and i dont know any pill lovers that would rather have hydro over oxy ! maybe zohydro can change that ? if the company that makes this just made it tamper resistant it will pass ! and any person who i have seen go down the opiate rabbit hole usually end up on oxy 30 ir then suboxone or H then subs ! and my understanding is hydromorphone and hydrocodone are good friends when put into the chemistry of our body's. ex when you take hydrocodone your body will actually metabolize it into hydromorphone. so if your doc can write a script for dillys 8mg who cares for 50mg hydromorphone. further more with online silk road, agora, BMR. ect most are ordering a MG scale and finding the wonders of pure powders ! matter of fact there is a SR vendor who sells pure hydrocodone and oxy powders along with any other drug you may want. just make sure you get a MG scale. cuz this shit is no joke :). and so what if i need more drug then my DR is willing to prescribe. i have had doctors as in more then one tell me that they can not up my scrips because of DEA guide lines. anyone who has been on the pain management rodeo knows that at some point they have to stop just to get pain relief again. its fucking bull shit. i can take 100mg ir oxy right now and feel nothing but normal. it would take 200mg to 250 for me to get a nod much less pain relief !

Hydocodone only results in teeny tiny amounts of hydromorphone. You couldn't eat enough hydrocodone (or safely inject nearly any amount of it under any circumstances) to even compare to the more efficient ways (i.e. not oral) of hydromorphone. Perhaps, orally, 40-80mg or hydrocodone would compare to 8mg of hydromorphone, but if you were to compare them mg for mg, again when eaten, it's just nothing to compare. Same with IM/IV/rectal. Frankly I feel bad for people who take 80mg just to get any buzz whatsoever, I know what that's like.

True, some are especially sensitive or just smart enough and use it sparingly enough to be able to go on preferring the safety or oral low-moderate dose hydrocodone use alone, but there aren't a lot of those folks out there, especially these days.