An interesting attempt at fraud

It's interesting the difference in the spelling/grammar in the last email to the ones in the first post. Looks like the first few are standard ones that have been proof read and the last was written off the cuff, and badly.

it's pretty convincing. do you mind if i call him since you aren't going to?

I don't mind if anyone trolls this guy irl via the phone, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention this particular scheme. I recently asked him for pictures of him sitting in his office, and he sent me his fake passport, a badly photoshopped business card with the same picture and just a name typed in, as well as his official lawyer certificate. I'll post them later.

this has been done before and done better. i can't find a link right now but if i can i'll post one.

i think you're wasting your time, captainballs but that's just my $0.02.

alasdair

alasdarim, Mr Blonde already posted a pretty good one but didn't really elaborate on the link.

www.419eater.com

So what is scambaiting? Well, put simply, you enter into a dialogue with scammers, simply to waste their time and resources. Whilst you are doing this, you will be helping to keep the scammers away from real potential victims and screwing around with the minds of deserving thieves.

It doesn't matter if you are new to this sport or a hardened veteran; if you are wasting the time of a scammer, or frustrating them in any way well that's good enough for us, and we would welcome you to join with our now very large community.

this has been done before and done better. i can't find a link right now but if i can i'll post one.

alasdair

Even Superman had to learn to fly. I'm going to continue and work my way up to some pics good pics n stuff.

Here's some stuff I got after my last reply, and I've sent him back asking for real pics of him and his employees. We'll see what happens....

JewCity.jpg

PasaporteEiiii.jpg

Malaysia.jpg

i guess if you're wasting his time, that's less time he has to scam others. in that case, knock yourself out :)

that passport is the worst photoshop job i've seen in a while.

alasdair

alasdairm said:

alasdair

Wasting time is not a waste of time if you enjoyed wasting time.

Some would say that your negative post was a waste of time..................

Some would say that my bothering to respond to your wasted time post was a waste of time.

They would probably be right..............lol...but I enjoyed it.

i guess you missed - or chose to ignore - post #27 which supercedes the post you quoted...

:)

alasdair

lol, I guess you took my post way to seriously..............lol. It was supposed to be a light hearted look at the concept of what is a waste of time............lol.

in the absence of smilies - the standard internet symbol for levity - it's often hard to discern a lighter tone.

:)

alasdair

I hate smilies and if you followed my posts you would know that its very rare I ever use them.

Anyways I have a huge one for a avatar.............that must tell you something, you cow thing you.

The interesting thing I find is this............

was the conman really that dopey that he thought that captain wouldnt notice?

Or does he figure that anyone who is likely to be conned has to be dopey enough to not notice?

I think that this scam relies heavily on the target being just about as dumb as a rock. Although judging from the quality of the scam so far, the scammer himself isn't all that bright either.

Well, I have some disappointing news. This guy refuses to send me pictures, basically told me to have a nice day if I won't go through with the deal without seeing pictures first.

Kind of sucks.

Damn. Now i think it's time to lay all your cards on the table and maybe BS him into thinking you contacted the malaysian authorities and that he is going to jail and whatnot. See if you can get a reaction. Even if he thinks you are full of shit, in the back of his mind he will still be a little worried. Time to stick the knife in and give it a twist as best you can. :D

Either that or call his bluff and not communicate at all for a while.

So far that's the de facto plan. This whole thing is suddenly boring to me. I'm thinking about just writing a real juvenile "fuck you cocksucker" email.