• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery An Honest Review on Methadone Withdrawals

Day 25

Ok, today it has been a good day so far, ive only had half a clonidine, my Vit C and B Complex, felt with more energy, manage to help my old my with some work, went and bought a heater for the pool and so far so good, last night i didnt sleep that well, only had half a benzo and my vit D and Gingko. But today im feeling my optimistic about this whole process, a day at a day , like the old sayin goes. Anxiety is at bay, im getting the GABA supplements on Friday.

Runs have stopped, sort of off, but nothing like last week. Anyways i feel like taking a nap, since yesterday i didnt sleep well but im going to try and hold it for the night so i can sleep longer. Take care BL.

Day 26

I didnt sleep for shit last night, im cutting the meds to fast i guess but whatever, i manage to sleep 2 hours from 9am to 11am, ate something at noon and now im feeling better, skin crawl have seem to stop, runs as well, i just feel anxious sometimes and a lil down the next, but im pulling out of this shit hole.

Im going to the beach later on to get some water sand and sun in me. Still taking my vitamins. Cant concentrate, not even to watch a movie or tv show, music is helping. Not much else to tell.

Funghi out.

Day 27

Wow what an amazing day i had, without a doubt the best day since this whole process started, I sleep from 930pm until 4Am, went to the beach in the morning, got some waves (on a longboard, still not in shape for a short board) had blast, then went to help my old man with some work, watched the football matches, took a lil nap, then when fishing, just a great day overall, my energy is getting better, maybe is bc i had a good sleep maybe is bc shit is actually starting to get better, oh and all this day I only had half a clonidine (tomorrow is quarter time bitch),i did not even take my vitamins for the whole day. I dont feel tired, I think im going watch a movie, which i havent been able to do since almost a month (my mind doesnt let me concentrate), had also many good talks with different friends from all over (NYC, Costa Rica, Berlin, Madrid, DR) , idk dude i just feel so fucking grateful for today, even if i cant sleep well tonight, this day was worth it. I laughed so much today, since this morning, even know kicking my old man's ass in poker for a lil dough lol. Thank you all here @ BL forum and the DMs for the support, for real.

Funghi out.

The healing process begins to fruit.. post reads like a real fine life.. very nice work.. keep rolling!
Hey neversickanymore (great name btw), its funny that you replied to my post today, since today i was rereading Meditations. What a great man Marcus Aurelius was, this mfer has to be one of the greatest 50 men in human history. I mean his story is incredible, his teachers, his stoicism, well you u know git since i see that u also study his words. I mean most plp dont know the POWER this dude had, it was probably the closest to a walking God on earth, to have that army in your palm, this dude could literally enter any house and go "you fuck your brother, you slit your throat and you run naked in the streets singing Kumbaya" and people HAD to do it. Many other Emperors did abuse this power, not Marcus though.

Anyways today neversickanymore I was reading Chapter 5, you know the chapter, is a chapter that ANYBODY today can relate to (like so many others of his) but in this one, he wakes up and he is very comfortable with his blankets on thinking "awww fuck it, just a lil longer" (who cant relate do that) and just as his thinking this he looks outside as sees nature, every animal, the bees, the ants, the birds,etc doing their thing and he goes "wtf, am i going stay here like a bum or do my calling, NOT as an Emperor but as a man" , the duty of man, of life, and he gets right to it. That shit help me today, cause when i thought "fuck im feeling anxious a bit maybe i can take a quarter of a benzo to take the edge off or hmmm i havent surfed in a long time, im going suck out there" i thought of this, deeply and it motivated me, like many of his words, but this was the chapter that i read this morning and it pushed me to get to my day with a smile. Its incredible what the writings of 2000 years ago can do to you, the impact that it can have. I know u get what im sayin homie. Anyways TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. Take care and thanks for the reply.

Day 28

Its been 28 days off methadone, about 14 off Lyrica and 2 days off benzos (a fellow BLighter recommend GABA supplements and I took one today and they work, they chill u out a bit and take that benzo edge off), ive only taken 1/4 clonidine today plus my vitamins and supplements, was a lil sore from surfing yesterday so today with my brother thats visiting from NYC we went on a 1 hour bike ride, had great food, watched the world cup games and we just came out from the heated swimming pool tonight, about to have dinner in a few (probably just a soup, not that hungry), my brother is telling me to watch the UFC tonight with him, but i dont think im going make it past the prelims lol, im that tired. Things are looking up, even today if a had a minor skin crawl or a lil pain in my legs, my mental attitude was "GTFOH, u aint messin with my great day today". Lets see if i can make it through the UFC event, i doubt it lol, tired af. TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY.

Funghi out

Keep it up your winning.. takes a few to wander outa hell.

November I cleared a decade opiate/methadone and benzo free.. if I can do it anyone can.. nice work.. nothing but misery left back there..

Roll Funghi

I had a stroke and didn’t get to come back home for 6 months

Everyone’s different tho.You are doing great!!!

Keep it up your winning.. takes a few to wander outa hell.

November I cleared a decade opiate/methadone and benzo free.. if I can do it anyone can.. nice work.. nothing but misery left back there..

Roll Funghi
Wow man, one decade opiate.benzo free, Congratz on that, talk about balls. You really are on the other side my stoic friend. Anyways yeah it takes a few rounds (15+ rehabs, 20+detoxes and a lot of home alone tries) I mean for this you have to SUFFER and WANT IT. I mean it, one has to SUFFER a lot, because this disease or whatever the fuck w have, once you think you have reached rock bottom, magically a new shovel appears so you can keep digging yourself under, until u say enough but that takes time, pain, destruction and a lot of suffering. U see, this shit we have is always progressing, it never regresses, so once you crossed that line were drugs are not fun anymore u cant go back, u just cant.

And like Kellsee said theres different types of addicts. Im the type that learned the hard way, cause ive had friends before that just by telling them "hey if u do dope 3 days in a row u might get a lil sick.....if u keep doing it, u are mos def going to get hooked" and they go "oh ok, well this was fun, but imma stop now" lol, just amazing, i still have a friend that shots dope about 3 times per year hahaha can u believe that?? years doing that. Anyways thats not my case, stubborn bastard, went 12 rounds with the dope to try to outdo it once and it beat all 12 rounds, like if they tell me u cant go that way cause theres a wall u are going to hit, i go in head first, break my head stand up try it again and again and then i go maybe i just put my fists first while i run into this wall, and BAM same results. I had to learn the hard way that his is not the life i want. thats what i was meaning when i said about the suffering and pain, some plp get it quickly others it takes time or they never get there. As neversick said "nothing but misery left back there..." you are damn right. I can just imagine all the things that u got back + interest after a decade being opiate free, i can just dream about that but a day at a time.

Anyways thanks for the support guys. Have a great day.

Funghi is one hell tough of a dude! I believe i was still crawling on the floor on day 28 🤣
Haha idk if im a tough dude but im trying this time with all my guts. Speaking of crawling on the floor, i was helping/supporting a fellow BLighter thats struggling to stabilize w "done and doing tons of other shit on top, and he said something about one of the worst kick he's ever done and it trigger a memory of mine. Imma copy it from that post "It brought back one of if not the most hideous devilish horrible kick ive ever done. This happen years ago, I had a friend/connect that he got like 3 gallons of methadone, i was shooting dope with him and doing methadone, until the point were i was taking 250 to 300m of 'done daily, of course the dope couldnt break through that,not matter if you shoot a whole gram, fill the barrel, nothing, so anyways about 2 months into this we get a whole ehem stole boxes of fentanyl 100ml patches, pure pharmaceutical fent, not this fetty underground shit we have nowadays im taking about the pure grade patches, hundreds of them bro, hundreds, this happen years ago, back then when u broke the patch u put the liquid on your gums but very quickly we learned how to shoot em bastards as well.....and those did break thought the 300m methadone we were taken daily. Anyways long story short when we were 3 more months doing this, he got sent away and i was left with the most horrible wds of my life, as you said WEEKS without eating, without sleeping, shitting puking bone smashing pain, borderline suicidal trauma that makes you question god and life itself as to how and why were humans created to even feel this abhorrent torture. And i kicked this just with weed, my God, does age has something to do with this, if i ever try to do this now at this age, ill die. Im shaking just thinking about it, holy fuck what a kick. Traumatizing as you said......but i didnt stop there" So yeah that was good lil kick lol , jumping off methadone 20mg, lyrica and benzos, its hard ...yeah sure, but im older and wiser and have suffer enough and if i wanna bitch out i think about those dark dark days, friends dropping like flies besides me left and right, and say "I can do this, i know i fucking can" Take care Herbs, sending u a big hug cause i know uve been having a few tough days as well.

Day 30

Yesterday was a weird day, i felt anxious and with a LOT of ants in my arms and legs, it happened at lunch time and didnt stop until i took a quarter of a clonidine at night, along with my Vit D, gingko. Then last nite i sleep maybe from 11:30pm until 3am and the damn skin crawl started immediately after waking up, i took my a quarter of a clonidine and it help a bit until 6am when i felt so restless that i took my GABA supplement (which i have been taking since saturday) along with vit c and b complex and i felt kinda worse until about 1pm when i had lunch and took half a clonidine and i went to sleep for 2:30 hours :0 talk about a power nap :D i woke up feeling great, no ants, not anxious, nothing, just fully relaxed and well (i guess sleeping is key huh?), went for a 30min jog and just took a hot shower. Im on day 4 off no benzos at all and im sure that has something to do with it of course but also idk why but i dont think the clonidine and GABA are mixing well. I know my body and i know benzo wds and hmm maybe tomorrow i wont take the gabba, im also cutting the meds way too fast i think (even the clonidine, which is the last one....all the others are vitamins and supplements).

Anyways after the jog and shower i feel better now, i just hope i can get some better sleep tonight but whatever the night brings im not taking any more benzos. Lil fuckers. 30 days though, a month, holy shiiiiiit, its been so fucking long since i had a month off any opiates lol, wow. Hope yall are having a great Monday.

Funghi out

You are doing GREAT @Fungus_Am0nguz

Looks like you are set for a NEW YEAR, NEW SELF!
I am really proud of you.
Well done.

I’m hanging in there still
Had a mishap with running out of suboxone yesterday and that was a living hell all day and Evening.
I finally got it resolved and had a good sleep.
Feel much better today.

Sending you Love, Hope, and Encouragement.
❤️
P.O.

Day 33

Soooo, yeah today i started micro dosing Iboga, i took it about 4 ago as soon as i woke up and immediately (like 20min) i started to feel my heart pumping, more alert, my mood is better, laughing all morning w my kid bro and the best part no damned morning skin crawls, now that one surprise me bc i usually get them about an hour after i have woken up on the dot, always for 32 straight days skin crawls and cold in my bones (im the Caribbean doing this kick and im always cold af lol) , shit im kinda still waiting for them to start bc i only took 1.2g of Iboga, im like "no way, with just this amount?" what a plant. Im having an Iboga ceremony next week, just me and a friend who is an Iboga provider (if i tell the story how this all came about you guys would call BS, its such a hundreds "coincidence" story but i got the receipts though (txt, time, dates) for those of u who dare lol, idk im not much of a spiritual person but someone or something must be looking out for me, im not going to take anything else today, no vitamins or supplements, im feeling pretty good about this. Maybe ill write another post in the afternoon to report to day. Lets gooooooooo

Funghi

Day 33

Soooo, yeah today i started micro dosing Iboga, i took it about 4 ago as soon as i woke up and immediately (like 20min) i started to feel my heart pumping, more alert, my mood is better, laughing all morning w my kid bro and the best part no damned morning skin crawls, now that one surprise me bc i usually get them about an hour after i have woken up on the dot, always for 32 straight days skin crawls and cold in my bones (im the Caribbean doing this kick and im always cold af lol) , shit im kinda still waiting for them to start bc i only took 1.2g of Iboga, im like "no way, with just this amount?" what a plant. Im having an Iboga ceremony next week, just me and a friend who is an Iboga provider (if i tell the story how this all came about you guys would call BS, its such a hundreds "coincidence" story but i got the receipts though (txt, time, dates) for those of u who dare lol, idk im not much of a spiritual person but someone or something must be looking out for me, im not going to take anything else today, no vitamins or supplements, im feeling pretty good about this. Maybe ill write another post in the afternoon to report to day. Lets gooooooooo

Funghi

Wonderful!
This is just so freaking wonderful to read!
You did so good!

Enjoy!

I was not a spiritual person until I had a Near Death Experience and I can confirm, there is definitely a lot of someone’s looking out for you.
Get in touch with that my brother.
A strong spiritual foundation is a house built on ROCK instead of sand!
It cannot be moved.
Sending you much love and good vibrations.
❤️👍

Wonderful!
This is just so freaking wonderful to read!
You did so good!

Enjoy!

I was not a spiritual person until I had a Near Death Experience and I can confirm, there is definitely a lot of someone’s looking out for you.
Get in touch with that my brother.
A strong spiritual foundation is a house built on ROCK instead of sand!
It cannot be moved.
Sending you much love and good vibrations.
❤️👍
Thank you Painful One, those are some really kind words and your posts have lifted me up before when i was feeling down, so from my heart, thanks. Hope you are having a better day than yesterday today.

Hey neversickanymore (great name btw), its funny that you replied to my post today, since today i was rereading Meditations. What a great man Marcus Aurelius was, this mfer has to be one of the greatest 50 men in human history. I mean his story is incredible, his teachers, his stoicism, well you u know git since i see that u also study his words. I mean most plp dont know the POWER this dude had, it was probably the closest to a walking God on earth, to have that army in your palm, this dude could literally enter any house and go "you fuck your brother, you slit your throat and you run naked in the streets singing Kumbaya" and people HAD to do it. Many other Emperors did abuse this power, not Marcus though.

Anyways today neversickanymore I was reading Chapter 5, you know the chapter, is a chapter that ANYBODY today can relate to (like so many others of his) but in this one, he wakes up and he is very comfortable with his blankets on thinking "awww fuck it, just a lil longer" (who cant relate do that) and just as his thinking this he looks outside as sees nature, every animal, the bees, the ants, the birds,etc doing their thing and he goes "wtf, am i going stay here like a bum or do my calling, NOT as an Emperor but as a man" , the duty of man, of life, and he gets right to it. That shit help me today, cause when i thought "fuck im feeling anxious a bit maybe i can take a quarter of a benzo to take the edge off or hmmm i havent surfed in a long time, im going suck out there" i thought of this, deeply and it motivated me, like many of his words, but this was the chapter that i read this morning and it pushed me to get to my day with a smile. Its incredible what the writings of 2000 years ago can do to you, the impact that it can have. I know u get what im sayin homie. Anyways TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. Take care and thanks for the reply.

Yeah i like the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, I like book three, here's the first section (in which a simple but good point"

A man must not only consider how daily his life wasteth and decreaseth, but this also: that if he live long, he cannot be certain, whether his understanding shall continue so able and sufficient, for either discreet consideration, in
matter of businesses; or for contemplation: it being the thing, whereon true knowledge of things both divine and human, doth depend. For if once he shall begin to dote, his respiration, nutrition, his imaginative, and appetitive, and other natural faculties, may still continue the same: he shall find no want of them. But how to
make that right use of himself that he should, how to observe exactly in all things that which is right and just, how to redress and rectify all wrong, or sudden apprehensions and imaginations, and even of this particular, whether he should live any longer or no, to consider duly; for all such things, wherein the best strength and vigour of the mind is most requisite; his power and ability will be past and gone. Thou must hasten therefore; not only because thou art every day nearer unto death than other, but also because that intellective faculty in thee, whereby thou art enabled to know the true nature of things, and to order all thy actions by that knowledge, doth daily waste and decay: or, may fail thee before thou die.

Day 35

Ive been feeling better even though i had a horrible night, a tooth has hurting and just when i was about 1 hour in my sleep i woke up with a massive headache which broke my sleep i couldnt go back to it until 4am. Slept until 730am, took my microdose and i guess since iboga stacks up im not feeling as good as the last two days, maybe i should take a bit more?? Anyways, the last two days have been, specially during the day, ive been more alert, more talkative, laughing more, i still have diarrhea and the sleep is just so unregulated (sometimes i sleep from 11pm until 3am others 4am to 8am) that is annoying but whatever it will pass. I cant for the Iboga ceremony next week. Anyways take care everyone and hope u guys are having a great days.

Funghi out

Day 37

Tomorrow is the day of my Iboga cleansing/ceremory. Ive been micro dosing 1.2g of it and i can tell that my mood is better, im able to concentrate better, im more alert, im off every medication, all i use is vitamins and supplements, im starting to sleep better, gaining 10 15min, also yesterday i didnt pooped, which was weird after 36 days of diarrhea and today my poop was more solid, not this liquid dookie thats been annoying the fuck outta me, i cant believe im posting about my shit lol. Anyways lets see how it goes tomorrow, im hopeful that is going to help my recovery. Take care everyone.

Funghi out