• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery An Honest Review on Methadone Withdrawals

Fungus_Am0nguz

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, today is day 7 for me jumping off 20 mg of methadone after years of taking it. Like many of you bluelighters ive read some horrifying post about Methadone WDs and was kinda scared specially because i once did a suboxone 8mg jump and it kick my ass but now i understand that i wasnt prepared, not mentally OR with support meds. One huge important thing that im going to mentioned is i used to take the liquid methadone (i was at 90mg back then) and one time i had to take a trip outside the country for 26 days so my Dr gave me methadone pills to take (the 40mg and 10mg), Immediately i noticed two things. 1) the liquid hits the body faster, like you feel the effects faster BUT im my case at least it metabolizes way faster as well, as in it really didnt hold me 24 hours, maybe 20 21. 2) with the pills it hits you at exactly 2 hours after you take em, 2 hours on the dot for me it was when i felt these bastards however i noticed that they hold me way longer, over 24 hours easy, like 30.
As soon as i got back home i told my Dr to switch me permanently to the pill form (metasedin they are called here), so yeah ive been on those but i had been cutting my dose until i got to 20mg, i could have waited more time and gotten it to 10mg but i had a plan that i was going to the spend NYE clean and well with my family. So here we go:

Day 1
Meds
Clonidine .1 (about 20 pills)
Lorazepam 1 (two boxes of 25 pills)
Bromazepan 1.5 (two boxes of 30 pills)
Lyrica 100mg 100mg (two 86 pills boxes)
Enantyum (for my back pain, pills and a couple of inyectables)
Seroquel 100 (about 30 pills)
Imodium A-D and Pepto bismol

So day 1 i took my last dose last Sat at 9am, now the next day 9am, i feel nothing, I take two lyricas of 100mg, have breakfast and its all good i even got a great good night sleep. I think i took some Lorazepam, like two pills throughout but not bc i was really feeling anxious or something. anyways day 1 piece of cake, but i already assume it,

Day 2

I take my two 100mg lyrica with a lorazepam, felt kinda tired but at this time im like this is nothing when is this bastard hitting me? Again i went to sleep with no seroquel, took some bromazepan and lyrica to sleep.

Day 3

Wow, holy crap, i had a horrible night with fever, like the air conditioning was on and i was sweating bullets for real, i had to changed PJs (like t shirts and shorts) 4 times, cause i was sweating so bad, bad fever, i went to have lunch with a hoodie on (im in the Caribbean right now, took 24 days off work plus i can remote work until next year)
anyways today i started with the clonidine took 1 every 5 hours, two lyricas, and i felt like shit the whole day, very heavy feet. bone ache, specially my back, a bit of stomach ache but i didnt take nothing for it, it was a bad bad day though, fuck me sideways, i couldnt wait for that day to be over. I took two seroquels to sleep.....woke up at 2am and couldnt sleep again until 7am for 2 hours.

Day 4

Extremely tired, again the sweat made me change PJs twice again at night but it wasnt because of a fever, i was just sweating this demon drug, you know what it is. My feet feel that im dragging two boat anchors, holy crap. I feel kinda icky but take my clonidine, 3 lyricas one benzo and feel better almost immediately except for my damn boat anchors feet. Very chill day, every 5 hours clonidine and lyricas, i even ate pretty good that day. But at night I took idk why, probably because i wanted a good night sleep since today was going to be my third day of not sleeping , 3 seroquel and 3 lorazepam 3 lyricas, and ohhh boy did i get retarded mode, the damn pills didnt make me sleep at all they just gave me tremendous munchies and that trip to the get to the kitchen? In my mind i thought i was aboard Doc's DeLorean from Back to the Future going 87 miles, in reality i was baby crawling, thinking "wait, im still in my room"....and then "what, im in family room" and "now this fuc#$%^ living room" "wait why am i in the elevator hall?"Anyways my moms waits until i wake up (prob at 730, i got 3 hours of sleep maybe) and shows me the kitchen, it looked like 3 problems child and a Tasmanian devil had a food fight, there bowls of cereals (many kinds) bowls of soup, spaghettis (im like spaghettis, wtf, how was i able to do that)

Day 5

Very chilled day, except for the diarrhea i had throughout the day that said screw you to the immo and pepto, but the day went well, took my meds (Clonidine lyrica these bitches are doing their job), ate well, drinking my fruit juices, maybe a lil ants in my arms feeling but nothing serious, tired cant lie, felt tired BUT not was tired as before hmmm, spend the day reading, watching movies or tv shows. Again trouble sleeping (just took 1 seroquel, didnt want to do another episode of the twilight zone)

Day 6

Felt less tired than the day before, there was a moment in the day were i felt a bit anxious but took my lorazepam, sleep 3 hours in the afternoon and woke up feeling great, a bit a RLS but nothing serious, again meds are working and also (i havent even touched on this) before doing this i was MENTALLY prepared, for whatever this S.o.b. was doing to throw at me, i didnt care if the meds didnt work and i was going to be the Exorcist for a month (climbing walls, head spinning puking, ive been there before, 15+ years IV heroin user, same story as all u beautiful creatures :) so thats important to point out, i came to do this and so far so good.

Day 7

Today is 4:30am sleeping was ok, i think from 12AM to now, and i feel fine, havent take any meds and i decided to visit an old friend of a site, bluelight forum, a site that has help me and its great to see its rule now, cause let me back when this shit opened it was almost like the silk road.....almost :)

Anyways if you have any questions about me or the WD process (dont let those nightmare stories scare you if you truly feel mentally prepared (very important) and feel like this "medicine" not adding anything in your life but subtracting from it, then do a plan but for real, you know how we are procrastination masters. For me it was definitely - from my life, the colors, the emotions, the tastes, my god my libido, my girlfriend ask me the other day "you know how many times we have fucked this year?" "idk, how many" she goes "six times Funghi,,,,six times this year, i wrote it down" im like "first of all you wrote it down? you weirdo, who tf writes that shit down second 6 times? ok....how about the times we made sweeeeeet love" 0 of course, so yeah it has taken my sex life to single digits numbers, and not to brag but im the kinda the dude that if you see me you go "that guy fucks" (i used to surf and model waaaay back in the day....i still surf though) anyways i felt that i was time i left my opiate life behind me. And i have done after my heroin IV days, years of suboxone (i can tell you how that kick went, ugh) about 12 rehab centers (ranging from 3 months to escaping in 3 days) 2 Iboga treatments, 10+detox , so yeah pretty much like eveeeeeeerybody else in this place.

anyways much love, take care and peace,
Funghi out.

Impressive stuff, well done, sounds like you could make it out.
Just don't be like the rest of us, one sideways glance and we're gone, gotta keep your blinkers on even when interesting shit is happening nearby, hard to do but never impossible.
You're right of course, it's all the mental attitude and how much you want to.
I'll bookmark this page and come back sometime when I'm quitting. In fact I'll do it right soon, can't call me a procrastonator, not until tomorrow anyway.

Impressive stuff, well done, sounds like you could make it out.
Just don't be like the rest of us, one sideways glance and we're gone, gotta keep your blinkers on even when interesting shit is happening nearby, hard to do but never impossible.
You're right of course, it's all the mental attitude and how much you want to.
I'll bookmark this page and come back sometime when I'm quitting. In fact I'll do it right soon, can't call me a procrastonator, not until tomorrow anyway.
Thanks for the reply, I know all to well about those sideways glances, shit, when you look up again its been a month of pure binge, thousands upon thousands of dollar spent, cheated on your girl, arms are all busted up, so yeah blinkers mode on. Its really impressive what the mental attitude can do, i prepared this jump of methadone for about 5 months, no joke, i set up everything at work, with my doc, left the country to come here to a beach house that my family owns in DR, my moms is here, she is a dr (poor mom, the stuff that has had me put her through and still do to this day) but im moving foward.
Day 7 is has been a lil easier than day 6 and thats good in my book. everybody says this but i aint going back to opiates, not today bitch.
anyways thanks for the support, lol and be sure to bookmark.....tomorrow...maybe ;)
Funghi

Day 8

Today i woke up a bit groggy from the sleeping meds (i think im going to stop talking seroquel, i used to take the 300mg pill way way back in the days and it sure as shit didnt hit me as strong as these 100mg ones.....maybe its because ive been taking them for 6 days, i cant wait to get off all these pills, but one at a time, my mind is just focused on the methadone kick first), these seroquel pills dont knock me out they just give me tremendous munchies at night. Anyways at least i got 5 or 6 hours of sleep, not at once, u know 2 here, 3 there but ill take what i can get, i aint got shit to do but beat the methadone's ass.

So yesterday it was a good day, i felt with a bit more energy, was more chatty, was not u know barking at my family but more grateful. Shit i even shed some tears, i was just blown away, i havent cried in so so long (u know how these bastards numb your feelings. I was reading Meditations by Marcos Aurelius and in Chapter 5 in talks about the purpose of man, not just of man but everything, nature animals. Chapter starts with him in bed chillin in his blankets, thinking "aaahhh maybe i should stay here, its cozy here, maybe i just should say fuck it to my responsibilities" and then his Stoicism kicks in and he looks outside and sees nature rolling and kicking ass, the bees the birds the ants, everyone doing their function and him going "im the motherfucking Emperor of this bitch let me get my ass moving", I recommend reading it, if not the book (its takes time to get used to) at least chapter 5. So yeah some tears came out from me eyes and i was happy that im starting to feel again, slowly. As for the meds i took my clonidine (i think only twice during the whole days) and my lyrica (about 3 100mg pills) and a couple of benzos and had a good day. Today of course i woke up with the runs but it has i think bc of demolishing the kitchen last night at 2am. Anyways thanks for all the likes bluelighters, sending good vibes, take care and have a great Sunday.

Funghi out.

Day 9

Today i woke up better than yesterday, i didnt use the seroquel and i manage to sleep 5 hours straight (plus 3 in the afternoon). however i have to say that yesterday i notice like a regression, i didnt feel well, felt strange and kinda weird, not like crazy wds but idk, since i was feeling a lil better each day after 3 and 4 day i was feeling a bit better each day but yesterday sucked. I hope today isnt the same but a bit of an improvement. I dont have much to add but let see how this day goes, cause im feeling a lil down, havent changed my meds or anything (except at night the seroquel). Have a great everybody.

Funghi out.

Day 9

Today i woke up better than yesterday, i didnt use the seroquel and i manage to sleep 5 hours straight (plus 3 in the afternoon). however i have to say that yesterday i notice like a regression, i didnt feel well, felt strange and kinda weird, not like crazy wds but idk, since i was feeling a lil better each day after 3 and 4 day i was feeling a bit better each day but yesterday sucked. I hope today isnt the same but a bit of an improvement. I dont have much to add but let see how this day goes, cause im feeling a lil down, havent changed my meds or anything (except at night the seroquel). Have a great everybody.

Funghi out.
:cheer:

Day 10

Yesterday was a good day, i felt more energetic and talkative and even my appetite is growing. A lil ants in the arms but honestly a good day......until night came, fuckkkkkkkk. Sleep from 10pm until 1:15am, thats it, for the whole night i was spinning around in my bed and i could tell that i wasnt going to sleep anymore, at 330am i put headphones and had a lil concert in my bed, moshing with myself and all.....retarded, i saw the sun come up and here i am, im not hungry, im tired and a lil pissed. But i got some good advice by a Bluelighter thats going through the same about some vitamins. Also, i spoke with a friend that coincidentally is coming here in about a month and he is an Iboga provider and we are setting something up for a ceremony, stoked about that. Anyways have a great day Bluelighters, take care, sending good vibes.

Day 11

Yesterday was an ok day, i got better as the day went along, in the morning i was too tired and kinda pissed but then i felt a bit better, the B complex and Vitamin C and D helped. Today i woke up with both my knees hurting like hell, im like "damn this is new", i feel like a pair of pliers are grabbing and twisting my knees. This methadone kick is something else huh?? Stranger pain start appearing as the days go by but i aint backing out, only forward from here. Take care everyone.

Alright alright Day 12

Today i had an ok night, im feelin with a bit more energy and thank the heavens no knee/leg pain. Omfg dude yesterday the pain was insane, like you guys remember the movie Kids, the hmm not trying to be PC here, the bump without legs in the metro going "i got no legs, i got no legs, i got no legs i got no legs" that was my yesterday, for the whole fucking day (funny enough i remember seeing him in the 90s when i lived in nyc) i had no legs fr. Anyways today feeling more optimistic, im taking down my benzo intake and soon my lyrica intake as well. This weekend im going to a beach house, idk if i will be able to write but ill do a recap when i get back. Take care everyone, sending good vibes to all.

Funghi out.

Alright alright Day 12

Today i had an ok night, im feelin with a bit more energy and thank the heavens no knee/leg pain. Omfg dude yesterday the pain was insane, like you guys remember the movie Kids, the hmm not trying to be PC here, the bump without legs in the metro going "i got no legs, i got no legs, i got no legs i got no legs" that was my yesterday, for the whole fucking day (funny enough i remember seeing him in the 90s when i lived in nyc) i had no legs fr. Anyways today feeling more optimistic, im taking down my benzo intake and soon my lyrica intake as well. This weekend im going to a beach house, idk if i will be able to write but ill do a recap when i get back. Take care everyone, sending good vibes to all.

Funghi out.
Hi Funghi how r u

@Fungus_Am0nguz Update if you get a chance.. I love it when someone gets off done. I love it whenever somebody breaks any shackles.. idk methadone is something else.. just probably my experience . Wish I would have been around to support your effort.

Last edited:
Day 16, hell yeah

So this weekend i went to a beach house that my family owns here in DR and day 13 i was still feeling really tired, specially the legs, always the fucking legs and had a so so day. Day 14 went better, i guess it was because finally fucking finally i went to sleep early and manage to get 5:30 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep. I couldnt believe it, after getting 2 maybe 3 hours a night for 13 days straight got almost 6. Anyways day 14 was a better day, i went to the beach, then the pool, ate great (i mean really great food...so i guess my appetite is coming back (Seroquel munchies not counting here) and even though my legs still hurt, a fellow bluelighter recommended some multivitamins ,B Complex, vit C Vit D and gingko biloba and they seem to be helping, my benzo intake is way down to a pill a day, only taking two lyricas of 100 mg per day (one in the morning one at night) and the Clonidine twice a day. Yesterday 15 went a bit better than the day before, sleep ok, my emotions are coming back, i even shed some tears looking at a beautiful sunset, it surprised me. U know how this mf 'done suppresses all emotions. Anyways yeah it was a great weekend all in all, legs still hurt and im tired but being a bit more motivated. Take care all, thanks for the check ups and the dms. Good looking out, feels like im not alone and that is a tremendously great feeling.

Funghi out.

Man, you are doing really well! I stopped a morphine habit in June 2022. I felt like shit for a month and then quite impaired for another month until things reverted back to normal. Legs kept hurting, energy was really low, often had a hard time enjoying things. Couldn't sleep more than two or three hours per night for weeks and weeks, which was probably the most annoying symptom.

Cannabis helped a lot for sleep and for better, more positive emotions.

Man, you are doing really well! I stopped a morphine habit in June 2022. I felt like shit for a month and then quite impaired for another month until things reverted back to normal. Legs kept hurting, energy was really low, often had a hard time enjoying things. Couldn't sleep more than two or three hours per night for weeks and weeks, which was probably the most annoying symptom.

Cannabis helped a lot for sleep and for better, more positive emotions.
Holy shit dude, two months to feel alright from morphine addiction?? U musta have been drowning in them shits, isnt morphine a SAO?? I remember getting some vials back in the days when i was shooting dope but nothing like a steady supply of them. What i did manage to get from this pos ER paramedic were vials and vials of demerol for months, he used to steal them from his hospital. Its ok but it aint no morphine high, this was waaay back in the day, then those patches of fenty came in and it was game over. Anyways i remember kicking that demerol and by Day 16 (which is were i am right off "done) i was doing front and back flips, no joke, of course this is when i was younger. Aahhhh to remember those old days, such craziness and disregard of anything of value, fuck....lol. Take care man and thanks for the support.

Holy shit dude, two months to feel alright from morphine addiction?? U musta have been drowning in them shits, isnt morphine a SAO?? I remember getting some vials back in the days when i was shooting dope but nothing like a steady supply of them. What i did manage to get from this pos ER paramedic were vials and vials of demerol for months, he used to steal them from his hospital. Its ok but it aint no morphine high, this was waaay back in the day, then those patches of fenty came in and it was game over. Anyways i remember kicking that demerol and by Day 16 (which is were i am right off "done) i was doing front and back flips, no joke, of course this is when i was younger. Aahhhh to remember those old days, such craziness and disregard of anything of value, fuck....lol. Take care man and thanks for the support.

I had purchased kilogram amounts of very potent organic poppy pods, turned them into a fine powder that I kept washing down with water every morning and later every evening. I did that every day for a bit more than a year until the stuff basically stopped working properly. I estimate that I ingested something like 500mg of morphine and of course the other goodies (codeine, papaverine, thebaine) every day. Side effects got really bad, developed myoclonic jerks and really painful spasms of my anal muscles on a regular basis. It sounds ridiculous but these cramps/spasms in your ass are really painful.

Withdrawal from the pods was really awful. I was basically rolling around on the floor, shitting, puking, writhing around in pain. Couldn't do anything, I was unable to even get up for more than a few seconds. I don't consider poppy powder to be short acting, a single dose works for at least 24h. It is more like methadone, must be the slow release of the morphine in your gut.

Day 16, hell yeah

So this weekend i went to a beach house that my family owns here in DR and day 13 i was still feeling really tired, specially the legs, always the fucking legs and had a so so day. Day 14 went better, i guess it was because finally fucking finally i went to sleep early and manage to get 5:30 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep. I couldnt believe it, after getting 2 maybe 3 hours a night for 13 days straight got almost 6. Anyways day 14 was a better day, i went to the beach, then the pool, ate great (i mean really great food...so i guess my appetite is coming back (Seroquel munchies not counting here) and even though my legs still hurt, a fellow bluelighter recommended some multivitamins ,B Complex, vit C Vit D and gingko biloba and they seem to be helping, my benzo intake is way down to a pill a day, only taking two lyricas of 100 mg per day (one in the morning one at night) and the Clonidine twice a day. Yesterday 15 went a bit better than the day before, sleep ok, my emotions are coming back, i even shed some tears looking at a beautiful sunset, it surprised me. U know how this mf 'done suppresses all emotions. Anyways yeah it was a great weekend all in all, legs still hurt and im tired but being a bit more motivated. Take care all, thanks for the check ups and the dms. Good looking out, feels like im not alone and that is a tremendously great feeling.

Funghi out.
Go Funghi! U r doing great! Im rooting for u

Day 17 here off this bitch "done.

Yesterday was actually a very surprising day in that my legs werent hurting as much, like i could walk faster and with less pain, it surprised even me. Maybe all those vitamins and b complex and me doing legs exercise in the pool this weekend helped me out. I sleep...fine, i mean who im i kidding, i sleep good, from 9pm until 2:30am and then about 45 min at 6am. which is fine in my book, i get what i can get. Maybe soon i can start exercising again, slowly but something is something. Cause those legs exercise in the pool i could only do 5 to 10 min, that was it, i was gassed. What else.....ohhh wooooooood, ive been getting morning wood, after breakfast wood, after lunch wood, afternoon wood, etc etc my dick is feeling like Frankenstein, "ITS ALIVE", just a lil breeze down is enough to...yeah. after about 8 years on maintance drugs (subox and then methadone) my libido is coming back. Guess my GF, who is back home in Europe, is going to be happy about this fucking news. Dude those subox and done fucking demolished my libido, not only down there but mentally as well. Like when my girl and i got down i had to have one of two of those blue pills....but not bc i really wanted to in the last 2 years but to please her....and how many times did i had to faked cum ufffff, cause it was endless, u never cum. So yeah, another thing thats coming back. Take care everybody and stay safe.

Funghi out.

My libido is still shit, years of Kratom and then morphine have done lasting damage. It came roaring back for a few weeks after acute withdrawal but then died down again. However, my wife's libido is nonexistent nowadays, LOL, so it is actually better that way. No libido means less frustration for me.

My libido is still shit, years of Kratom and then morphine have done lasting damage. It came roaring back for a few weeks after acute withdrawal but then died down again. However, my wife's libido is nonexistent nowadays, LOL, so it is actually better that way. No libido means less frustration for me.
Damn, how long were you heavy using, u over 40+y/o? Lucky you on your wife's libido (was she a heavy user as well), my mf gf is like a rabbit, it used to make me feel bad and useless when the viagra pills didnt work but she has cool down a bit in the last year or so lol. I guess since you stopped in June this year u might still get something back in that regard, its still kinda soon and those organic poppy pops sound like no joke, interesting addiction there, not as common as the other ones but i guess is same shit different thing lol. Take care RC.