• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

An eighth of psilocybe azurescens for first timer?

Hey I'm not slammin' on your intelligence & understanding of a body load, I'm just sayin' magic mushrooms are one of the most benign drugs on the planet. There are no negative physical side effects, thus no body load. What body load have you experienced from mushrooms?

Feeling really heavy, drunk, dizzy or the edginess that I feel on almost all psychedelics. Basically just floored like "fuck I am laying down right now and that's what the fuck is happening." I think we just have different definitions of body load. To me body load does not equal "bad" or toxic effects necessarily.

I guess it depends what you consider a body load.

;)

As for the dizziness though, I have passed out on mushrooms before. That was in combination with alcohol and nicotine though (and locked knees from staring at the sky). It's never cool waking up to ego death..quite confusing.

Hey I'm not slammin' on your intelligence & understanding of a body load, I'm just sayin' magic mushrooms are one of the most benign drugs on the planet. There are no negative physical side effects, thus no body load. What body load have you experienced from mushrooms?

I believe the term is being sat on by an elephant... You've never experienced the tryptamine body pressure-feelings? I get it very strongly especially on the comeup, especially at 5-7 grams. I mean listen I also would recommend the whole eighth if the op was like myself, but I have no way of knowing if he is or not so the responsible thing is to recommend only 1.5-2.5. Also I dont get nauseous from mushrooms, but I know some people who throw up everytime. Different drugs will effect different people, well, differently. So even though I would never consider taking under 3.5 grams of mushrooms, some people will never go above that mark. Different strokes for different folks and what not

It's also possibly because I solely use the lemon tek for eating the sacrament. It's just so, so much better. I hope if I preach about it enough more people will try it and stop wastin' their shrooms by just eating them.

As someone who enjoys salvia I think I can say that I understand what body-load can consist of. ;)

Just try and be open to other people's experiences. To say "It's NEVER happened to me so it can't" doesn't really make sense does it?

Surprisingly, I really enjoy the mind fuck of salvia. But OMG the body load is monstrous every time i've done it.

500mg of dxm also leaves me with a feeling of extreme heaviness, not in a good way though.

As for the lemon tek method....is that necessary? Considering ill be munching on one of the most potent species of fungi out there. Or is it just to get rid of some of the negative side effects?

The lemon tek is amazing for several reasons.

- comes on in about 10 minutes vs. about an hour (less time for that weird, anxious mushroom come up)
- the trip peaks in less than 2 hours (i find this is desirable on mushies...more drawn out = uncool)
- it's all over in a shot, no shitty taste while chewing
- extremely reduced anxiety/paranoia on the come up

everytime I've tried the lemon tek it's just been an utterly 'pure' feeling experience. All the psilocin goes straight to your brain in one dose, as opposed to your stomach slowly breaking down the mushrooms, changing the psilocybin to psilocin, then slowly sending it to your receptors. i had a spiritual awakening and changed from "atheist" to "spiritual being having a human experience" using the lemon tek (after having tried mushrooms many different ways previously).

oh, and on a side note, I hear smoking salvia is amazing whilst tripping on DXM (as far as reduction of salvia's sword like piercing body load).

Last edited:
The lemon tek is amazing for several reasons.

- comes on in about 10 minutes vs. about an hour (less time for that weird, anxious mushroom come up)
- the trip peaks in less than 2 hours (i find this is desirable on mushies...more drawn out = uncool)
- it's all over in a shot, no shitty taste while chewing
- extremely reduced anxiety/paranoia on the come up

everytime I've tried the lemon tek it's just been an utterly 'pure' feeling experience. All the psilocin goes straight to your brain in one dose, as opposed to your stomach slowly breaking down the mushrooms, changing the psilocybin to psilocin, then slowly sending it to your receptors. i had a spiritual awakening and changed from "atheist" to "spiritual being having a human experience" using the lemon tek (after having tried mushrooms many different ways previously).

oh, and on a side note, I hear smoking salvia is amazing whilst tripping on DXM (as far as reduction of salvia's sword like piercing body load).

Well the lemon tek method sounds very promising. There's just one thing, it sounds like it makes the duration of the trip shorter. I feel like if all goes well i would want the experience to last for as long as possible:\

And dude.....dxm + salvia = veerrrryyy good chance of having an intense O.B.E.8o

I mean, I don't really know how to explain why the shorter is better. As far as 'time' in our world goes, yes, the trip is shorter...but when you do the lemon tek, it will still feel like it's been 4-5 hours, it will just actually have been about 2. The lemon tek is the only method I've used where I feel like I really experienced what the teonanacatl have to offer. Such beautiful, vivid, alternate dimension, all-is-one, fungus inspired spiritual beauty.

Idk man, the only way you'll see what I'm sayin' is by eatin' some shrooms regular like, then by trying the lemon tek. The duration is changed depending on how long you let the mushroom powder sit in the lemon juice. Converts more and more of the psilocybin to psilocin when it's chillin' in the juice.

I wouldn't take cryptix advice. I took an eigth of gold caps and I went beserk. Blacked out for 6+hours and basically "woke up" out of my trip thinking I was in a dream, naked.

Be prepared man.

I mean, I don't really know how to explain why the shorter is better. As far as 'time' in our world goes, yes, the trip is shorter...but when you do the lemon tek, it will still feel like it's been 4-5 hours, it will just actually have been about 2. The lemon tek is the only method I've used where I feel like I really experienced what the teonanacatl have to offer. Such beautiful, vivid, alternate dimension, all-is-one, fungus inspired spiritual beauty.

Idk man, the only way you'll see what I'm sayin' is by eatin' some shrooms regular like, then by trying the lemon tek. The duration is changed depending on how long you let the mushroom powder sit in the lemon juice. Converts more and more of the psilocybin to psilocin when it's chillin' in the juice.

Yeah man I definitely can see why it would be something you would want to do with some prior experience. I think i'll just go ahead and eat them the good ole' fashioned way. Depending on how the trip goes i'll use the other half of my eighth with the lemon tek:)

Thanks for the advice bro!

I wouldn't take cryptix advice. I took an eigth of gold caps and I went beserk. Blacked out for 6+hours and basically "woke up" out of my trip thinking I was in a dream, naked.

Be prepared man.

Holy shit dude sounds like an intense experience. Yeah im only gonna eat half an eighth to start. Plus they are some of the most potent shrooms out there.

Holy shit dude sounds like an intense experience. Yeah im only gonna eat half an eighth to start. Plus they are some of the most potent shrooms out there.

Yeah, it was my only time taking shrooms, feeling like I've conquered(LOL) every drug I've taken, I decided to go all out with 3 of my good friends(one being my gf).

30 minutes after taking them I knew I was fked up. Huge body load and extreme really cool swirly visuals. 45 minutes after that I remember taking off my clothes and the rest is history. Throughout the entire experience I only regained consiousness 3-4 minutes out of every hour. Weird.

Yeah man I definitely can see why it would be something you would want to do with some prior experience. I think i'll just go ahead and eat them the good ole' fashioned way. Depending on how the trip goes i'll use the other half of my eighth with the lemon tek:)

Thanks for the advice bro!

Be sure and let us know how it goes!
Good vibes brother <3

Yes, good luck, be safe, and have fun! Azurescens are a strange choice for a first time. Besides being ridiculously potent, the trip has a a much more spiritually bent, heavy and dark vibe, and a notably crazy semi-paralyzed body load. Cubensis for me are very light, lotsa giggling and levitude. I like to think (when I throw my objective scientific approach out the window) that it has to do with their native environs.......Azurescens coming from a dark, windy, rainy, and cold land..austere in its harsh beauty. Whereas Cubensis come from the tropics, sun and warmth and islands and reggae crap :D The difference between the two is pretty night and day, both being equally valuable. But yeah, set and setting my friend....more crucial with mushrooms than most psychs. In fact, I am generally more nervous before setting out on a mushroom trip than most other psychs. The message is real and is heavy.

They do NOT fuck around. :D

Have fun, be smart, and be safe!
<3

With regards to bodyload, depends a lot on the species - truffles gave me a worse bodyload than any other psych, bar LSA.

An eighth of azurescens is a very heavy dose. Psychs are not like other drugs where increased amounts lead to being more euphoric or zonked or even agressive.

These drugs peel back your ego in a way that only experience can show you. It is hard to understand the raw awareness and naked, shivering vulnerability they can bring on without going through it.

An eighth of azures is more than enough to strand you in outer space with no conceivable way back home and an existential nothingness that can shake you up for a very long time.

Yes, it very well could be the best thing to happen in your life to date, but just be aware that that dose will bring on a HEAVY, ego-shattering trip and you really have no idea what that entails.

Seriously, 1 gram of azures is enough for a mental vacation calling for a good set and setting. Please make sure you are in a good place mentally and physically before embarking.

I do think you should do the lemon tek or at least make them in to a tea. In my experiences with bad trips one of the looming factors is duration, thinking its already been hours then looking at the clock and figuring out you've been tripping for less than an hour when there are many hours of insanity to come. Not to mention the tea has the most earthy taste that I actually enjoy

Let us not forget that mushrooms have been known to enhance hand eye coordination ie "stoned ape theory". One advantage to taking a lower dose is you can still play your videogames. When sheoom in I recommend playing your favorite video games and prepare to be in romance with one of the most fascinating digital experiences of your life. Expect to feel like you are in the game prepare to perform in ways you never imagined possible. Don't be suprise when the ghost in the maching reveals itself to you!

This is an old thread but 3.5g of Azures is too much for a beginner.

Someone else suggested 5.0g of cubes and that's way too much too.

A friend of mine who was into tripping on mushrooms since they were his favorite drug once ate 5g or 6g of Azures but he had started at small doses with cubes like 1g or 1.5g at first, or 2.0g, and then 3.5g and worked his way up to 5g or 6g of cubes, and then only started with 1g of Azures before slowly working his way up with those in dosage since that's what he wanted to do.