• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Amphetamine: What actually is it?

You won't be buying uncut amphetamine cos nobody sells it cos it's unstable and unsafe. It evaporates extremely rapidly and is caustic as fuck. Not safe to handle. You will find loads of shitey "base" paste that the dealer will swear blind is "pure". Smell and taste will be awful (cat piss is the usual comparison - should make yer eyes water even through a baggie) but is the same for even the worst quality speed. Only way to be sure (other than labtesting it) is to sample it. Or get somebody who is more familiar with speed to sample it. It should be insanely strong if it's even vaguely decent. A gramme should keep one person awake for a week or so. If not it's nowhere near pure but that's not to say it's not decent cos very few people would go near high-quality speed. I used to sell extremely pure speed and was frankly a pain in the arse. Almost all punters are so used to weak shit that they wouldn't buy it unless I cut the shit outta it for 'em :\

(obviously this was many (many) years ago - i've not bothered with speed in the last 10-15years cos the quality is uniformly appalling imo, ime, etc,etc)

You won't be buying uncut amphetamine cos nobody sells it cos it's unstable and unsafe. It evaporates extremely rapidly and is caustic as fuck. Not safe to handle. You will find loads of shitey "base" paste that the dealer will swear blind is "pure". Smell and taste will be awful (cat piss is the usual comparison - should make yer eyes water even through a baggie) but is the same for even the worst quality speed. Only way to be sure (other than labtesting it) is to sample it. Or get somebody who is more familiar with speed to sample it. It should be insanely strong if it's even vaguely decent. A gramme should keep one person awake for a week or so. If not it's nowhere near pure but that's not to say it's not decent cos very few people would go near high-quality speed. I used to sell extremely pure speed and was frankly a pain in the arse. Almost all punters are so used to weak shit that they wouldn't buy it unless I cut the shit outta it for 'em :\

(obviously this was many (many) years ago - i've not bothered with speed in the last 10-15years cos the quality is uniformly appalling imo, ime, etc,etc)

What about pharmaceutical speed, ex. Dextroamphetamine Sulphate and Dextro/Laevoamphetamine Hydrochloride in ADHD medication such as Adderall and Dexedrine? Are these both relatively unstable as well? I really wonder how different pharma companies amphetamine production methods differs from clandestine.

I haven't tried any powder, paste gear in years, not ever been a fan of the stuff but last time i got it it was slightly damp and smelt strongly of solvent white in colour - i always wondered if it got stronger or weaker if you dried it out but i never got to the bottom of that. I have to say it though, pharma speed is far superior in my eyes.

Pharm speed are salts not freebase so stable (as far as my extremely limited chemistry knowledge goes anyway). I'm assuming he was talking about black market speed and the vast majority of that is "base" paste these days. Not that that's freebase either, mind. Or if it is it's so heavily cut you wouldn't know. I presume it's mostly just shoddy sulphate with added glucose/otherose and some kinda solvent to make it stinky and gooey.

Never had any pharm speed but sure I'd approve. Have reminisced all mistyred-spectacled about my good fortune when it came to getting obscenely good speed many times so will spare y'all. But I really don't see why anybody bothers with the shite that passes for speed now. Might as well be snorting Candarel.

Totally agree, most of the time your paying for an expensive caffeine/glucose/sugar hybrid mix. I hear the Germans love the stuff though

Street speed is supposed to be the salt form too - it would be foolish to try and move the freebase as it's a liquid.

I believe that amp. sulphate is hygroscopic when pure and as a result it is either

Whatever happened to oldskool sulphate powder? Used to fukkin love that stuff. Was never pasty or even damp - just fluffy white powder. Lovely stuff. Much more "speedy" than "base" I always thought. "Base" has a bit of a spacey edge to it rather than the razor sharp stimulation from oldkool sulphate powder.

As for liquid base, I tend to mention it cos is how I first encountered "base" before the term became synonymous with shite speed. That stuff really was ridiculously unstable and bordering on unsaleable as a result. I used to have to add a fuckload of glucose to make it even vaguely viable to sell cos it was way too strong for folk otherwise and evaporated quicksmart anyway so was a nightmare to deal with. Was also by far the best speed I've ever had but no, not practical by any means. Fella I got it off made it himself - and supplied large parts of the country with sulphate he made at the time too. Was just around the time he started producing pastey stuff that wasn't quite either of the aforementioned and told us it was "base". Was still stupidly strong but a bit easier to deal with. The liquid was only for personal use and for chums. Didn't last long enough to keep around as stock even if you wanted to.

Thanks for that but of info shambles, but can you give me any good Advice, like what to go on when baying uncut anphetamin ? as what to look for ? The smell ? The tast ?

Shambles was right Arran, discussion of prices for small amounts is okay, bulk amounts not okay.

You appear to be quite naive when it comes to buying amphet, i'd avoid buying a large amount until you know what you are looking for. No written description from the internet is going to ensure you don't get ripped off.

Welcome to the site anyway.

Whatever happened to oldskool sulphate powder? Used to fukkin love that stuff. Was never pasty or even damp - just fluffy white powder. Lovely stuff. Much more "speedy" than "base" I always thought. "Base" has a bit of a spacey edge to it rather than the razor sharp stimulation from oldkool sulphate powder.

^This, ^This & ^This!! I used to love the old sulphate - that scalp tingling rush, everyone sitting around talking a million miles an hour at the same time, chewing their faces off and chain smoking - nipping to the bogs every 20 minutes for another line... You're right about speed these days being more 'spacey', even the decent base/paste doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Thanks for that but of info shambles, but can you give me any good Advice, like what to go on when baying uncut anphetamin ? as what to look for ? The smell ? The tast ?

Sulphate powder shouldn't have a smell, impurities are what cause the catpiss smell.

Seen 'pure' amp sulphate about recently. 70mg gets you going good.

Any decent ways to purify speed? Acetone wash perhaps? Rather have 250mg of crystal powder than 14g sugar paste.

F&B posted a speed purification tek ages ago. Dunno where it would be now though. Never got around to trying it. I'd be lucky to get 1g of speed out of a metric fucktonne of the shite they sell here :\

Acid: I tend to forget about Eastern European speed as I've never come across it. Odd really as there's a pretty large Eastern European population in some of the bigger towns round here. Seen nowt but unfeasibly poor quality paste for many years :(

Aye, polish guys certainly love their speed. Had some 'brain' last night. What a joke. Ate 2g and went to bed a few hours later, slept like a log. That was his uncut stuff too. God knows what he sells to others. 1g speed should last you a while shouldn't it? Tiny lines of probably 70% powder and there was no sleep for me. Doubt it'd use more than 150mg in a night.

Sadly, meths a better bet at the moment. Least that's usually somewhat pure. 0.1 bubblegum meth for a tenner or a gram of sugar for a tenner. hm..

Cheers shambles, i'll have a look for that tek.

1g speed should last you a while shouldn't it? Tiny lines of probably 70% powder and there was no sleep for me. Doubt it'd use more than 150mg in a night.

1g of the old sulphate used to last me the best part of a week, and that wasn't anywhere near pure. Dropping 2g and going to bed is a little bit rubbish isn't it? 8o Though having said that, I used to find that after I'd been speeding for days it started to have almost the opposite effect and having a line before bedtime would actually get me to sleep better than not having one. I still quite often have a strong coffee before bedtime because that also helps me sleep - looks like my stim days are well & truly over..:(

Just worth bearing in mind, adderall, a common ADHD medication in the US contains pure amphetamine, and due to isomer mixing is slightly more potent than regular pure amphetamine.

A typically prescribed dose is 10-20mg, and I would consider 60mg a high recreational dose. 1000mg of amphetamine goes a long way!

Street speed is a mix of dextro and levoamphetamine. Dexies are fucking lovely. They get you going mentally, but with hardly any physical side effects. Levo is supposed to be more physical - heart rate, clenching, usual stuff. Speed that stinks isn't pure - that's the solvents. Although, the stinkier stuff is normally better, as it actually contains whizz. Pure speed doesn't smell, and is a crystalline powder, it's just people don't bother to let the solvents evaporate, as it weighs more... I'm quite convinced the speed sold on certain sites is exactly what it says on the tin. It's expensive, but worth it. Not had it for ages. Last time was pharmaceutical dexies, and, as I said, they were lovely. Speed can be a fantastic drug, much more suited to clubbing than Es, for people who just end up monged out now.

Aye, polish guys certainly love their speed. Had some 'brain' last night. What a joke. Ate 2g and went to bed a few hours later, slept like a log.

Forgot to ask - wtf is 'brain'?? Is this a new word for wizz or what?

Never heard of "brain" :? Probably just a stupid name made up by a twat. I googled "brain amphetamine" and the only thing I found was a page about dapoxetine, which is supposedly good for premature ejaculation, so I've placed an order =D

Never heard of "brain" :? Probably just a stupid name made up by a twat. I googled "brain amphetamine" and the only thing I found was a page about dapoxetine, which is supposedly good for premature ejaculation, so I've placed an order =D

Lol, not something I suffer from fortunately/unfortunately, whichever way you look at it.. As a long term methadone user, actually 'coming' is the exception rather than the rule. The wife doesnt seem to mind, but it pisses me off no end (pun intended)...

Yeah, stupid name that's why I used 'brain' to show my disgust.

Well, I feel like I fool. Bought a gram of ok paste. Thought I'll clean it up. Spent ages getting my acetone perfectly dry, weighed out exactly 500mg of dry paste powder, made sure no water was present at all.... and got back 473mg. What the hell. I thought sugar/glucose was soluble in acetone? This is definetly not 94% pure speed haha.

What is glucose/sugar soluble that amphetamine isn't? Only good to come of this is it's now a snow white powder instead of slightly yellow. What other cuts are common? Anyone got any ideas?

A/B extraction next?

Forgot to ask - wtf is 'brain'?? Is this a new word for wizz or what?

Afaik its just a generic term that applies to a white powder that gets you high, maybe it used to mean a specific drug like cowie (=coke? i think), now a generic term but nowadays its just used as slang