European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Amphetamine Sulphate quality

strtoupper

Greenlighter
I know the quality has been pretty bad in years gone by. I didn't touch it for ages because I'm way too boring and sensible these days to allow myself to shovel gram+ of heavily adulterated powders in me.

Got some for the first time in ages. Not a regular drug user at all these days save for a spliff a few evenings a week and a few guinnesses when out and about, but had a day off work so swallowed 50mg ish after a big cooked breakfast.

Didn't seem to do the trick, but another 50mg has me pretty keen to break out the cleaning products and/or wank incessantly. Are the days of glucose cut with speed over, or did I get lucky?

Is 'phet even popular any more, outside of Polish/Eastern European communities that is.

It's funny, I'm falling out of love with cannabis 'cause the strength and price is getting nuts here, and can't find a local source of hash or flower of a sensible strength. It's been getting worse/better (delete as applicable) over the past 5 or 6 years or so. Yet the quality and price of speed plummeted didn't it. It should be the other way around; quality speed and mellow weed.

Anyway, this is going down a treat today:

The best techno in the world comes from Birmingham, no? I've never been, but I can imagine it's that post-industrial landscape that has had such a huge influence on the machine sounds techno heads know and love.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Black Sabbath, Godflesh, and a whole host of other innovative artists also emerged from the city with blaring machine like sounds.

This forum (and this sub-forum in particular) has provided me with invaluable knowledge over the years.

Merry Christmas all.

P.S. Where is the speed megathread? If it doesn't exist then consider this it? :)

Last edited:
Not many drugs that cost £50 an ounce. I think that’s pretty indicative of the quality, unfortunately.

Well I'm not convinced price is an indicator of quality.

Just before this recent surge in the quality of cocaine across the UK, a gram could go for upwards of £90, yet it was mostly jitters-inducing garbage.

Speed is cheap. It's always been cheap, and probably always will be. It's easy to make, and there's not enough demand compared to other stimulants, at least in the UK.

There's also lots of really cheap MDMA about at the moment. I know some are saying that it doesn't compare to the MD of old, but it's there, it gets people munted, and it's dirt cheap.

The speed I had earlier cost me way less gram for gram than some of the skunk round here, but my legs are still jiggling now, 9 hours later, and I'm even pranging a bit about getting enough kip in tonight before work in the morn!

The illicit drug market is like any other, the majority of us have insanely low standards and allow ourselves to get overcharged for poor quality. E.g., I just nipped to my local and paid a bit over £4 for a pint of lager... It tasted like shite. I can get a lovely 500ml bottle of wheat beer at Aldi for just over a quid...

In short; don't let low prices put you off. There's obviously still quality out there, but every other fucker is daft enough to give their local geez £10 for a pill that contains twice as much product as is necessary to get you dancing all night.

On that note, anyone else agree with me that MDMA is MDMA, but all these pills of late are dosed too high so they're monging everyone out and they end up thinking it's duff and has no magic?

Thinking on, that's probably a bit contentious init, there are too many reports of recent md feeling off to disregard as nostalgia goggles. who cares anyway, we should bring speed back :)

Last edited:
The best techno in the world comes from Birmingham, no? I've never been, but I can imagine it's that post-industrial landscape that has had such a huge influence on the machine sounds techno heads know and love.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Black Sabbath, Godflesh, and a whole host of other innovative artists also emerged from the city with blaring machine like sounds.

This forum (and this sub-forum in particular) has provided me with invaluable knowledge over the years.

Merry Christmas all.

P.S. Where is the speed megathread? If it doesn't exist then consider this it? :)

What an amazing quote and while probably not true, with the actual answers possibly being Detroit and with regards to Europe, Berlin, Birmingham is most certainly the Detroit / Berlin of the UK, with epic nights that ranged from 6 - 700 people bouncing in the Digbeth Institutes basment room at a House of God event to Gatecrasher and Godskitchens 15,000 capacity events at the NEC Arena complex, part of the National Exhibition Centre, that saw the likes of Mauro Picotto, Mario Piu and Fergie play full on club techno sets on multiple occasions in the Arena itself while one particular night saw Underworld perform a 2 hour live set to approx. 4000 people in the adjacent Forum...

gatecrashernec.161102.flyer.gif

...while the city isn't as busy on the techno front as it was at one point, there are loads of great one off nights still (Renaissance held an event at the start of the month with Amelie Lens)...

41a8ff036cb985cc92eade8f66c860aa

...and from your comment, it seems, a wonderful legacy so party on my friend

(I take it you have made an exhaustive search for an official EADD amphetamine thread, right? If so we can change the name of this one if you like).

This is a particular bone of contention of mine. I'm fuckin sick of shit speed. Ever since base/paste became the norm I can count on the fingers of one finger the times I've had good stuff.

I recently took a punt on some DN sourced stuff that was £40 an eighth, so I got a Q thinking it was probably decent for that price. When it arrived it was that fuckin oily yellow stinky slime that is totally impossible to handle, weigh or snort. It appears to promise so much yet fails to deliver. A little bit gave a hint of what it should be, but any more just spaced me out. There was no euphoria, no motivation, no desire to wank myself into oblivion - just a weird, slightly trippy sedated feeling. It didn't even keep me awake. I got through the q in 5 days and was glad when it was gone. I tried drying some out but that just seemed to render it virtually ineffective.

It's my belief (though I have no proof) that shit like this is amphetamine freebase oil dripped onto a substrate of caffeine - or if you're lucky, ephedrine powder. This seems to make economic sense for lazy chemists to maximise profits without bothering to produce the sulphate salt.

So no, price is no indicator of quality.
Appearance is no indicator of quality
Smell is no indicator of quality
Only quality is an indicator of quality - and that's what's sadly lacking.

As the OP says, "bring speed back"...

Last edited:
OP it sounds like you got lucky, unfortunately the overall speed market in the UK is still heavily leaning towards being shite.

People into their speed will pay very high prices for pharma dex, I'm talking upwards of £150 for a strip of 10 pills, which certainly wouldn't be the case if the dirt cheap speed on the street was any good.

As for if speed is still popular in the UK, not really amongst most youth but it still seems to be a staple amongst middle aged British drug users for sure.

The youth of today aren't into speed because of all the so called 'coke' that is readily available. Little do they know that their coke is cut to fuck with the same shit that speed is.

When I got that speed I referred to, my daughter turned her nose up and said "it must be shit for that price".

She wasn't wrong. It was.

But then she gave me a healthy line of the so called 'flake' that her and her mates are all paying 40 quid on half a g.

It was fuckin nasty. My teeth went numb, and I turned into an edgy paranoid mess. "This isn't coke" I told her. But would she listen? Would she fuck.

Even the stuff from the DN is about 15 % on average. I think its so heavily cut because the price is on such a low level and in addition people are used to snort 100 mg + lines of amphetamine,which would make you overdose instantly if it would be 90 % pure. I once had pure amphetamine from the *vendor removed* back in the day and it was about 35 € per gram. I rather pay that and get 95%+ pure dry amphetamine instead of buying 5 % pure stuff for 1 €per gram.This one gram lasted me 2 weeks of snorting every day and 20-30 mg lines got you high for 6 hours. I had pure dexamphetamine pills a few years later and although a little bit cleaner( because no levoamphetamine) the high was comparable.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got that speed I referred to, my daughter turned her nose up and said "it must be shit for that price".

She wasn't wrong. It was.

But then she gave me a healthy line of the so called 'flake' that her and her mates are all paying 40 quid on half a g.

It was fuckin nasty. My teeth went numb, and I turned into an edgy paranoid mess. "This isn't coke" I told her. But would she listen? Would she fuck.

Once I was staying with some mates for a few days and they were racking up lines of "coke" they got off some new dealer. I told them nah I'm good, I'm already on prescription speed. They looked at me like I was mad and did lines and lines of the stuff.

Next day one of them, a girl I was staying with, close mate, woke up and started straight crying for an hour because of the comedown from whatever shitty RC was in the cut.

I offered her a benzo and a spliff, not much else to be done, and she did calm down eventually, but I will never understand the appeal of bashed up "social coke."

Once I was staying with some mates for a few days and they were racking up lines of "coke" they got off some new dealer. I told them nah I'm good, I'm already on prescription speed. They looked at me like I was mad and did lines and lines of the stuff.

Next day one of them, a girl I was staying with, close mate, woke up and started straight crying for an hour because of the comedown from whatever shitty RC was in the cut.

I offered her a benzo and a spliff, not much else to be done, and she did calm down eventually, but I will never understand the appeal of bashed up "social coke."

Coke is gross nowadays unless you're super wealthy or you live in south america close to production. I've actually never tried powder cocaine cause I'm young enough that it's just been crap for my entire adult life. When someone whips out some lumpy yellow cat piss smelling nonsense, even if you've never done blow it's pretty clear that that is not blow. >.>

Makes you wonder what kind of weird nose rot we might see in younger people who've been shoveling grams and grams of cut to shit blow up their sinuses.

Darknet coke is decent often enough, but the street stuff is very often just "pub coke" that's been bashed to shit. I've had acetone washed DNM coke and it's very clean but I have to say an overall underwhelming, overpriced, overhyped drug and I prefer my dexxies if up is the direction I wish to travel. Although coke and oxy was an enjoyable combo, the oxy was the more euphoric drug to me. But I'm a downer guy so take that for what it's worth.

Makes you wonder what kind of weird nose rot we might see in younger people who've been shoveling grams and grams of cut to shit blow up their sinuses.

Imo the biggest concern is the long-term damage shovelling levamisole up your nose does to you. It doesn't do much harm from occasional use (it's still not good but unlikely to cause lasting damage) however chronic use especially in high doses can do physical damage to your body. I think cases of levamisole poisoning will go up in the future sadly since leva is often added at source by the cartels (so yes even if you were in Columbia you'd still get leva cuts) and it can't even be removed by an acetone wash.

Why exactly is coke cut with levamisole? Does it act as a numbing agent?

Why exactly is coke cut with levamisole? Does it act as a numbing agent?

It's cheap, uncontrolled, and readily available in South America, and it has stimulant effects itself. It also does not affect the appearance or smell of the coke but still adds significant weight.

Numbing agents like benzocaine tend to be added once the coke is exported, whereas leva is most often added at source.

It's cheap, uncontrolled, and readily available in South America, and it has stimulant effects itself. It also does not affect the appearance or smell of the coke but still adds significant weight.

Numbing agents like benzocaine tend to be added once the coke is exported, whereas leva is most often added at source.

Ah, is that what's primarily responsible for the shitty edginess of pub coke then?

I always assumed street cocaine and bar/pub coke contained cheap semi legal cathinone analogues but honestly its probably changed so much since the initial crossover of RC drugs into mainstream attention that god knows what street powders contain in terms of active cuts nowadays.