• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ambien, possibly the weirdest exp. I have ever had .....

PhillyClubKid

Bluelighter
This past month I have developed a fondness for adderall it helps me in school gives me energy etc... well anyway at night i usually take 4 excedrine pm's it helps with the hang over in the monring as well as helping me sleep. Yesterday over the course of the day i injested 40mg of adderall, last night I got into my moms medicine cabinet, (she has ms) so she has an assortment of ssrs' benzos and I saw some ambien, I knew what it was so I took 1 pill. I go into bed lay down get comfortable watch some tv after 5 min I start to feel drowsy, so I decided to turn the tv but i wanted to fight it. my room is pitch black and I start seeing all this crazy shit in my room. My window looked all fucked up like I could hear all these weird noises like echos like my water fountin was echoeing then i look at my wall about 2 feet from my head and I see this cream colored mass shape shifting on the wall . I was in my complete mind I knew it was not there but i found myself reaching out trying to touch it, it was fuckin weird. It freaked me out to the point where I rolled over so I did not have to look at at. Then on the back of my door where I hang my coat, I had that hung there with a shopping bad hanging on the back of my door and it looked like a fucken person hanging on the back of my door. But just as I thought it was grtting too fuckin weird I closed my eyes and I bet you I was out in 5 seconds. It was fun but unusual. I had a steady 8 hours exactly of sleep and awoke at 7 am on the dot, felt refreshed etc..... At one point I stood up and walked around my room gazed out the window and everything felt like a dream. Very good sleeping pill fun to do in a dark room I enjoyed it and did not wake up depressed and hung over from the adderall..
-Chris-

I hear ya.. ambien made me hallucinate balls, the first time I took it I saw a 4 foot diameter hairy spider looking at me above my bed, and there were several smaller spiders crawling on the ceiling as well. It wasn't scary, just weird.

That;s intersting. I take diphenhydramine everynight for sleep and I've definately built a tolerance to those things. I've been meaning to look into Ambien.
I had a steady 8 hours exactly of sleep and awoke at 7 am on the dot, felt refreshed etc....
I definately need that.
Does anyone know if one builds a tolerance to these things? Besides hallucinations are there any bad side effects? Are they more perscribed as a temporay fix or could they be used long term effectively?

i built up a tolerance to ambien....after a few nights it just wasn't the same anymore. but it is a very fun and weird "trip". take 2 10 mg pills one time, that's really fun! however, the next day i felt all tired and shit for almost the whole day. i didn't wake up feeling refreshed.
------------------
Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

I take ambien every once in awhile, but I've never seen things. Am I just not fighting the urge to sleep long enough or do i need to take more mgs? I only take 5 now so I am guessing that that is my problem...?

I know exactly what phillyclubkid is talking about.i have a sleeping problem so my doctor has me on 5 milligrams of ambien.the first night i tried it i laid in my bed trying to sleep,about 15 minutes after i took it i started to have some hallucinations.i think they definitely lose something after the first two or three times and now that im at the end of my bottle they dont help me sleep much now.Guess it's time to get the ten milligram ones. :> )

yes, you need to take more mg's. the first time i took ambien i took 10mgs and had a mild type "trip" where i would see shit out of the corners of my eyes and it was somewhat difficult to walk. but the second night i took 20mg's and snorted another half a pill. that was awesome! i was in a napster chatroom and all the words were bending back and forth and towards me and shit. it looked like everything on the screen was 3-D and i was hearing voices come from behind my computer. oddly enough, i found myself trying to look behind me comp desk to see who was back there. it was nuts.
so yeah, anyone out there who wants to do ambien recreationally, i would suggest starting with 10mgs but have a second 10mg pill handy for about a half hour later. have fun!
smile.gif

How would one get these pills? There prescrition sleeping pills I assume. So if I went to the doc and told him I had insomnia would he give me a script for Ambien? Or would he start me off on something else?

Yeah.. hehe I'm starting to think that I shoiuld say I have insomiea (I kind of do I think) and gettin a lil of that ambien!

Switch E: I just told my doctor i have been having trouble sleeping so he gave me 5 milligram ambiens.Many doctors seem to just be willing to give ambien away,because me and my friends are all prescribed ambien.

Well i guess if he gave me SSRIs i could sell them to ravers for post loading. So there's no harm in trying!

Same here..my mom has them b\c she has problems sleeping and i had a few hallucinations....but ur body gets amuned to it quick...or at least mine did
smile.gif
but its all GRAVEY BABY~*
------------------
AIM: XxsweetblondeyxX
*I know u think u broke my heart but i knew ur game right from the start i saw ur game and played it to~Stupid playa i PLAYED you* ;)

the best way i'd say to get ambien would to be to tell your doctor yo're going through a lifestyle change, like from 1st to 3rd shift or somethin. say that you had seen ambien advertised on TV cause i see the commercial all the time. this way, you don't have the risk of getting some icky anti depressants instead.

yeah my best friend did the same thing. she took it and fought and saw the weirdest shit and kept me up all night long. i was yelling at her saying "isn't that shit supposed to put you to sleep?" and all she could do was laugh and walk around. it was as if she had some pretty good acid.

Yeah!! I had the same thing happen to me! I took ambian one night and has mad hallucinations!! Ghost figures dancing in my room, my desk chair talked to me and I went out side and danced in front of two moons (latter I learned I had BAD double visions) But I know what you mean. that stuff can make you see wierd stuff!

Well I tried a higher dose, 10 mgs, and sure enough i saw some crazy stuff. A ghost like figure was hanging around on my ceiling, and the stars i've painted up there were all moving around, not to mention that my ceiling appeared to be 3D...some crazy stuff. I'll wait awhile before i try it again though, I dont want to build up a tolerance too quickly
smile.gif

Thats weird, I have tried up to 20mg and I didn't notice anything! I wonder if has anything to do with my benzo tolerence? I've tried snorting it but its hurts too much to be any fun. For me ambien has no recreational value..

First time I took 10mg of ambien, I got up to try and walk around and I felt like I was walking in double gravity. I could barely walk and my arms and legs and head felt so heavy. When I was watching tv, everything was double, if I closed one eye, it was fine but with both eyes open, double.
It was fun for about 10 minutes then I passed the f$%^ out.
Love,
Doc
http://www.afuturetime.com
------------------
"We like the music, we like the disco sound..."

For those of you who legitmatly experience insomnia, Ambien can be ADDICTING. You may become dependant on it to sleep. According to the company that makes Ambien, Ambien should only be used for about a week or two straight, then a break between using it again, its really only used to get you over a "hump" not to be used consistantly, there is other, less addicting, less effective long term insomnia help.
[This message has been edited by Deus121 (edited 05 May 2001).]