• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Amateur Discussion on Opiate Potentiation and Metabolism in People Who Feel No Euphoria From IV Opiates (All help is welcome)

Abusernamer

Greenlighter
I've a lot to say, but i'll try to remember to mention all important points. This will be a hastily written thread, but an important one.

I feel no euphoria from IV morphine. Or any other opiate. I feel a pressure at the back of my head, but i don't nod, i don't get flushed. I get a rush from some opiates, but not euphoria. I may have found the biological reason for this, as well as a way to temporarily make your body enjoy opiates as much as an addict does.

This is for those who don't like opiates, who feel heavy but not happy and warm and fuzzy on opiates, but are willing to IV them with certain potentiators to study how they work.

The reason they have to be IV'd for this experiment, is that, in my theory, traditional potentiation methods only lengthen or shorten the time the opiate stays in your body, they affect the metabolic rate by affectimg metabolic enzymes to achieve this, usually either inhibiting or inducing CYP3A4 and CYP2D6.
Some of the techniques used by my "new potentiators" on the one hand reduce the effectiveness of opiates taken enterally (orally), while on the other, they boost the euphoria astronomically when the drugs are taken parentenally (IV'd), because they induce certain metabolic enzymes, which has a heavy de-potentiating effect on enteral ROAs and a slighter de-potentiating effect on parentenal ROAs. Research needs to be done to isolate a substance which has the "new potentiator" effect, but without the side effects of inducing those metabolic enzymes.

Yet, and this is my as of yet unproven thesis, there is another "kind" of potentiation, which specifically changes how intensely your body reacts to opiates. I suspect people who feel no euphoria, simply have biological differences in the intensity of their body's response to opiates. Let's call this "true potentiation". I'll explain what substances do this at a later point.

If you're interested, read along.

---These are the facts:

I do not like opiates because they feel like pressure, not pleasure. When i use my method of "true potentiation", that pressure turns to physical pleasure and mental bliss (at least when using IV Morphine, other opiates are untested), and i am certain that if i take even more of the "true potentiator", this may elevate my enjoyment of IV morphine even higher.
This method of true potentiation does build tolerance to the potentiating effects fast, but the tolerance to the "true potentiation" effects also returns very fast, and there are no withdrawal symptoms.
This effects of "true potentiation", since it's euphoric effects are not merely caused by the induction of metabolic enzymes, are caused by one of the active agents in St John's Wort.
The euphoric "true potentiation" effects of St John's Wort on IV morphine euphoria are NOT due to it's effects on the CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 enzymes, as morphine is not metabolized by either.
So far, i have confirmed only IV morphine to be affected by this "true potentiation" using st john's wort, haven't tested other opiates yet but IV oxy is up next for personal testing
Fentanyl is almost certainly unaffected by St John's Wort, disproving my retarded theory that the "true potentiation" could temporarily set the brain to enjoy all opiates like an addict does

---These are the theories which need to be researched:

I theorize that this method of "true potentiation" can be used to enable people to enjoy other opiates as well, but that St John's Wort is a relatively bad substance for this, as it induces the metabolism of most if not all opiates, thereby potentially eliminating all of the opiate from the body before the opiate and St John's Worth "true potentiation" even have time to take effect.
There is a study which found that St John's Wort greatly de-potentiates oral oxycodone - but nothing was said of IV oxycodone.
It needs to be reasearched if the de-potentiating effects of St John's Wort on oral oxycodone are because of it's induction of the CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 enzymes by taking substamces which induce these enzymes (thereby proving there indeed is a "special" way St John's Wort potentiates IV morphine that is qualitatively different from standard methods of potentiation), and how this applies to and differs between oral and IV oxycodone.
In addition, it should be studied if traditional methods of oxycodone potentiation (White Grapefruit Juice, Syrian Rue Seeds, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 inhibitors) make a person who feels no physical euphoria from oxycodone, feel significantly more euphoria from oxycodone. This is again, to prove, that these traditional methods of potentiation cannot make a person who feels no euphoria from opiates, feel euphoria from opiates, and that St John's Wort may have a unique way in which it potentiates opiates, by enabling people to feel euphoria from them.
Research needs to be done to isolate a substance which has the "new potentiator" effect which i theorize are present in St Jon's Wort and separate from CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 enzyme induction, but without the side effects of inducing those metabolic enzymes.

Last edited:
*morphine is metabolized by the enzymes UGT287 and OCTI while oxycodone is metabolized by CYP3A4 and CYP2D6. This confirms that St John's Wort's potentiating effects of Morphine are separate from it's effects on CYP450 liver enzymes, at least directly. This suggest either that an indirect effect of certain CYP450 enzymes being induced creates a potentiation in euphoria in opiates which aren't metabolized by the aforementioned enzymes, or indeed that St John's Wort acts in another, completely different way, confirming my theory of "true potentiation".

"true potentiation" i define as potentiation of the euphoria of the opiate (especially in people who feel none from opiates), while not reducing or increasing the metabolic rate of the opiate, eg. through inhibition or induction of liver enzymes

*i am unsure if St John's Wort induces only CYP3A4 or CYP2D6 as well, i'll need to correct my text based on this information and the previous comment on morphine metabolism

"Hydromorphone, morphine and oxymorphone are
not metabolized by CYP450 enzymes to any great
extent; therefore, inhibition/induction or genetic
polymorphisms of CYP450 enzymes should have
little to no effect on the metabolism or clearance
of these agents."

I theorize that the euphoric "true potentiation" effects of St John's Wort on IV Morphine euphoria are NOT due to it's effects on the CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 enzymes. I need volunteers to experiment on this.
From what I know, which isn't much, inducing enzymes for opioid potentiation (grapefruit + oxycodone for example) really only marginally increases plasma levels, it mostly just increases the duration of the high and only by about 10-20%, its not a huge effect

St Johns Wart can be a bit euphoric on it's own due to its other effects, right?

From what I know, which isn't much, inducing enzymes for opioid potentiation (grapefruit + oxycodone for example) really only marginally increases plasma levels, it mostly just increases the duration of the high and only by about 10-20%, its not a huge effect

St Johns Wart can be a bit euphoric on it's own due to its other effects, right?
Yes, precisely. There's a paper on St John's Wort being administered to rats and people w/ morphine to potentiate, it explains how st john's wort does this. It was some protein called PKCgamma or some shit, it was apparently affected and it affected how high the test subjects got, i don't remember the details

Welcome to BL.. I’m going to move this to N&P.

Years ago I had no reaction at all to oxymorphone and it created quite the hassle when I was switched from OxyContin to oxymorphone and promptly went into full withdrawal. I had just switched physicians and the new guy thought I was a drug seeker and after I called the clinic three times trying to get it resolved they ended our relationship. It did absolutely nothing to me.. like I took a sugar free tick tack.

Last edited:
If you don't feel euphoria from IV morphine frankly there really isn't much you can add that will bring it out, at least not without bringing another psychoactive drug into the equation (like methylphenidate, cocaine, perhaps a dissociative).

Opiates aren't for all tbh and don't try to push liking it, without knowing you're signing to agree for a life sentence of misery and despair only. Stay away from them.

If you don't feel euphoria from IV morphine frankly there really isn't much you can add that will bring it out, at least not without bringing another psychoactive drug into the equation (like methylphenidate, cocaine, perhaps a dissociative).
Wrong, i don't feel euphoria from IV morphine unless i use St John's Wort, which does ACTUALLY bring it out

Wrong, i don't feel euphoria from IV morphine unless i use St John's Wort, which does ACTUALLY bring it out
I don't think he's wrong here about the about the point he's making, it's actually pretty good general advice in the big picture.

How long have use been using opiates? Do other opioids give you euphoria? Is this specifically a morphine issue?

Marijuana Is the best potentiator.btw, u taking antipsychotics? Or u shooting morf pills? Cause forrreal it's impossible not to feel thst hammer of artificial endorfins creeping up through ur brain. If you're using pure pharma ampoules it's always a beast rush. Weird thst u don't feel it. If I was u, I'd stay away though.

That simply proves what I said, "If you don't feel euphoria from IV morphine frankly there really isn't much you can add that will bring it out, at least not without bringing another psychoactive drug into the equation".

(St John's Wort is a psychoactive drug.)

That simply proves what I said, "If you don't feel euphoria from IV morphine frankly there really isn't much you can add that will bring it out, at least not without bringing another psychoactive drug into the equation".

(St John's Wort is a psychoactive drug.)
Good point, i'm autistic so i wouldn't necessarily categorize it as a drug, but fair enough. Do you have any info/experience/hearsay on other substances which actually enhance opiate euphoria, as opposed to simply being themselves euphoric? Cocaine sounds like it's just additional serotonin and what have you, not an actual potentiator per se

Marijuana Is the best potentiator.btw, u taking antipsychotics? Or u shooting morf pills? Cause forrreal it's impossible not to feel thst hammer of artificial endorfins creeping up through ur brain. If you're using pure pharma ampoules it's always a beast rush. Weird thst u don't feel it. If I was u, I'd stay away though.
I do feel a rush, but the rush is much stronger and more euphoric if i take St John's Wort. I don't feel warm and noddy without it. And i'll have to try weed with opis, weed ain't really my thing but alright, i'll try. And i am currently taking venlafaxine (so St John's Wort is just inviting problems and serotonin syndrome, but fuck it)

I do feel a rush, but the rush is much stronger and more euphoric if i take St John's Wort. I don't feel warm and noddy without it. And i'll have to try weed with opis, weed ain't really my thing but alright, i'll try. And i am currently taking venlafaxine (so St John's Wort is just inviting problems and serotonin syndrome, but fuck it)
Are you shooting morphine pills or these?

Weed+opis=great synergy

Good point, i'm autistic so i wouldn't necessarily categorize it as a drug, but fair enough. Do you have any info/experience/hearsay on other substances which actually enhance opiate euphoria, as opposed to simply being themselves euphoric? Cocaine sounds like it's just additional serotonin and what have you, not an actual potentiator per se

St. John's Wort is definitely a psychoactive drug, functions as relatively mild triple reuptake inhibitor (clearly not too mild given its ability to produce serious negative health outcomes, usually via drug-drug interaction). Cocaine is also a triple reuptake inhibitor (though a much stronger and faster acting one), but that was given just for sake of example (I don't recommend you pick up a cocaine habit).

Like cocaine, St John's Wort doesn't exactly potentiate morphine, instead it augments the effect in a synergistic manner. A substance that potentiates another substance, at least strictly speaking in my mind, does so by increasing blood levels, reducing break down, increasing blood barrier permeability of the target drug or increasing its conversion to a more active metabolite.

Some substances can both potentiate another substance and act synergistically or additively, a good example being glutethimide + codeine.

Are you on any other medications? The rewarding effects of opioids seem to be mostly dopamine mediated, but there is a complicated serotonin/glutamate/GABA ballet that also occurs.

In any event you won't really be able to potentiate your way to opioid euphoria, but you might do so synergistically/additively by introducing other substances. This is however a rather dangerous game, as many people have died when combining drugs with opioids to enhance their effect.

Are you shooting morphine pills or these?

Actual morphine mills and ampoule stuff.

Weed+opis=great synergy
I'll keep that in mind ;)

St. John's Wort is definitely a psychoactive drug, functions as relatively mild triple reuptake inhibitor (clearly not too mild given its ability to produce serious negative health outcomes, usually via drug-drug interaction). Cocaine is also a triple reuptake inhibitor (though a much stronger and faster acting one), but that was given just for sake of example (I don't recommend you pick up a cocaine habit).

Like cocaine, St John's Wort doesn't exactly potentiate morphine, instead it augments the effect in a synergistic manner. A substance that potentiates another substance, at least strictly speaking in my mind, does so by increasing blood levels, reducing break down, increasing blood barrier permeability of the target drug or increasing its conversion to a more active metabolite.

Some substances can both potentiate another substance and act synergistically or additively, a good example being glutethimide + codeine.

Are you on any other medications? The rewarding effects of opioids seem to be mostly dopamine mediated, but there is a complicated serotonin/glutamate/GABA ballet that also occurs.

In any event you won't really be able to potentiate your way to opioid euphoria, but you might do so synergistically/additively by introducing other substances. This is however a rather dangerous game, as many people have died when combining drugs with opioids to enhance their effect.
Death is a challenge, not a deterrent (good god i shpouldn't drink this mucn handdisi fectant) but apparently st john's wort quite literally increases the morphine euphoria in a way that's qualitatively distinct from simply lengthening the effects

Actual morphine mills and ampoule stuff.

I'll keep that in mind ;)

Death is a challenge, not a deterrent (good god i shpouldn't drink this mucn handdisi fectant) but apparently st john's wort quite literally increases the morphine euphoria in a way that's qualitatively distinct from simply lengthening the effects
If u haf access to ampoules then don't shoot up pills. Unless u wanna develop some nasty circulatory problems like a jlhuge lump on ur calves that can turn into an ulcer.