• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Amanita Muscaria?

Don't do it OP, unlike psilocybin mushrooms, amanitas are physical harmful, and only produce a delirious type high. Why are you asking? Are you having trouble procuring magic mushrooms or what? There are better alternatives if you're just looking for a legal trip.

Don't do it OP, unlike psilocybin mushrooms, amanitas are physical harmful, and only produce a delirious type high. Why are you asking? Are you having trouble procuring magic mushrooms or what? There are better alternatives if you're just looking for a legal trip.
Would these mushrooms be a doable substitute for psilocybin?
How do they compare?
Read trip reports on erowid, Amanita is nothing like Psilocybin mushrooms. I used to love LSD and Shrooms or Psilocybin mushrooms but I never took and never will take Amanita mushrooms, the effects are supposedly like having a bad fever, and people who ingest them described it as being completely out of it. You-the OP (original poster) have mania and are on anti-psychotic drugs and you risk going into psychosis.

There are Amanita subspecies, or mushrooms/toadstools/fungi which look like Amanitas which are toxic and deadly.

Last edited:

I actually read the original post. Well aware of the risks of RNA pol II inhibition by amatoxins.

But muscaria are pretty easy to identify, I was wondering if the poster was referring to some toxicity of A M or just somebody mixing up mushrooms.

I’d like to know that too... There’s quite a few different Amanita species, some toxic, some supposedly trippy (muscaria), and a couple that are actually edible too.

-GC

They contain muscimol, which is very different from other psychedelics. Dry 3-5 caps with as little white flesh on them as possible. Cook them and drink the water. Will not give any kidney damage if amanita muscaria. Will make your mouth foam if you eat them fresh, as well as some other unwanted side effects. There is an episode on Hamiltons pharmacopeia about amanitas. Paul Stamet has a hilarious lecture somewhere on YouTube where he talks about the first time he tried amanita phanterina. But plenty more info regarding preparation, dosage and effect if you look at erowid or any search engine.

They contain muscimol, which is very different from other psychedelics. Dry 3-5 caps with as little white flesh on them as possible. Cook them and drink the water. Will not give any kidney damage if amanita muscaria. Will make your mouth foam if you eat them fresh, as well as some other unwanted side effects. There is an episode on Hamiltons pharmacopeia about amanitas. Paul Stamet has a hilarious lecture somewhere on YouTube where he talks about the first time he tried amanita phanterina. But plenty more info regarding preparation, dosage and effect if you look at erowid or any search engine.
It does not sound enjoyable or worth taking.

With the plethora of much nicer substances easily available, you need to be very curious or desperate to choose amanitas. But a few people do like them. In Siberia, before they had alcohol, people would trade a cow for a few caps! As muscimol passes through your kidneys without being broken down, poor people in Siberia gratefully drank the urine of those who had eaten muscria 😊.

Dried out in thin slices with salt they taste quite good. The muscimol and ibotenic acid are close enough to classical amino acids that they register as umami on the tongue.

I would always stop eating them once I felt the first traces of nausea, so never pushed into visionary territory, but would feel a very light sedative buzz after nibbling on the dried slices for a while.

With the plethora of much nicer substances easily available, you need to be very curious or desperate to choose amanitas. But a few people do like them. In Siberia, before they had alcohol, people would trade a cow for a few caps! As muscimol passes through your kidneys without being broken down, poor people in Siberia gratefully drank the urine of those who had eaten muscria 😊.
Damn they must have been super desperate there in Siberian Asia.

Would these mushrooms be a doable substitute for psilocybin?
How do they compare?
Totally different, i Love amanitas though.
However i use Them more in lower doses as a sleep aid or to boost cannabis etc.

They work almost as a benzo in lower doses so nothing like a tryptamine.
However they combine great with psychedelics IF you want some smooth calmness in the afterglow.
They will boost some visuals in a weird way though.
Like a dark Smokey layer on top of the drug you are already on.

They (amanitas) grow wild near where I live. Unmistakably amanitas with the crimson red caps and the whole deal...I've never actually consumed any, though, as the information surrounding them I've looked at is often murky or vague, regarding psychoactive effect and dosage etc...some compare it to the dissociative effect of being extremely drunk, while others say that it's more like taking a z-drug, while still others say it's like nothing at all...plus there's also a fear (which from I understand is unfounded) that they are somehow toxic, etc. I do like to collect them, though, and maybe one day I'll muster up the curiousity to actually try one

They (amanitas) grow wild near where I live. Unmistakably amanitas with the crimson red caps and the whole deal...I've never actually consumed any, though, as the information surrounding them I've looked at is often murky or vague, regarding psychoactive effect and dosage etc...some compare it to the dissociative effect of being extremely drunk, while others say that it's more like taking a z-drug, while still others say it's like nothing at all...plus there's also a fear (which from I understand is unfounded) that they are somehow toxic, etc. I do like to collect them, though, and maybe one day I'll muster up the curiousity to actually try one

Prepared right amanitas are actually a very nice plant medicine.

I prefer to make tincture with larger amounts, about 200g dried and lightly roasted in the oven in about 500ml of vodka is a good batch.

The effects are something of a mix of alcohol, opium,benzos with a slight psychedelic touch.

Very good as a sleep aid and dream enhancer but also a great addon for other psychedelics like i mentioned.

I honestly look more for amanitas then psilo mushrooms during the season here.

I can grow cubensis or eat dmt/pharmahuasca if i want to trip on tryptamines.
But there is nothing like amanitas though.

I usually pick about a kg of them every year and make these tinctures for me and some Friends.

It feels like the alcohol makes the effects more sharp and lessens any nausea for me att least.