View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Amanita Muscaria?

Drug_Head

Bluelighter
Would these mushrooms be a doable substitute for psilocybin?
How do they compare?

Last edited:
Never had them but from what ive read its a very niche audience - not something most people get much out of. Nothing like psilocybin.

I think it’s possible the Fly Agaric is considerably more psychoactively psychedellic after being reingested having run through the urinary system.

I did eat an entire Fly Agaric once. I boiled or stewed it into liquid like Liberty caps, drank all the liquid, ate all the shroom, while on a full day’s employment assisting with round the country furniture and cabinet transporting and delivery.

I missed the effects until nearly midnight when I felt strangely sedated, unusual. I slept deeply for 12 hours. Felt really refreshed after. Went to an old UK Helter Skelter rave that Saturday, took a load of good Mitsubishis 1998. I’m sure I had a prolonged effect from the Fly Agaric throughout the rave but I was never able to put my finger on it.

I also think it’s possible the trip really happens in your dream.

One chap told me passionately about a time he hot bathed with fly agaric mushrooms spread over his skin and in the bath tub. He said it was a mega epic trip.

Last edited:
These mushroom don't bond to serotonin-receptors, am I right? Anyone here who would like to describe the effects/experiences with them?

And would you eat these mushrooms just dried, or what? Would you make some sort of tea or whatever?

They don't, at all actually.

Amanita is way more dissociative and has deliriant properties.
Like being drunk and stumbling and high and semi-psychotic, all at once.

These mushroom don't bond to serotonin-receptors, am I right? Anyone here who would like to describe the effects/experiences with them?
This is still about the neuroleptics, isn't it? You're thinking you can get a fuller trip because A. muscaria 🍄 isn't serotoninergic thus not blocked by atypical? Well, that's probably true. Only thing is that it's a categorically different kind of experience. Just read the Erowid Vault. If it appeals to you, I'll still say you should avoid drugs, but I guess people will do what they do, as Nancy Pelosi put it.

And would you eat these mushrooms just dried, or what? Would you make some sort of tea or whatever?
I’m sorry I can’t offer you everything definitive on that.

if me, seriously, google Fly Agaric preparation etc. You should get some good directions there, while you wait more directional response from here.

I mean, despite its legendary status, the Muscaria still strikes me as being one of the great unknown conundrums in our collective psychedellic community.

They don't, at all actually.

Amanita is way more dissociative and has deliriant properties.
Like being drunk and stumbling and high and semi-psychotic, all at once.
That matches with the strange delayed onset I got my one time.

I drank, ate it all middday time, fit and young, competently and swiftly carrying out awkward but effortless unloading and loading duties into shops.

Smoking pot chillums high as hell on motorways lol!

I coped no issue. But by midnight, I DID notice a strange, not unpleasant, dissociative type effect. Wobbly, bit delirious. As we drove to score the 30 Mitsubishi Pills for the following night Saturday rave.

Damn! I REALLY want some mushrooms to try again now!

Last edited:
That matches with the strange delayed onset I got my one time.

I drank, ate it all middday time, fit and young, competently and swiftly carrying out awkward but effortless unloading and loading duties into shops.

Smoking pot chillums high as hell on motorways lol!

I coped no issue. But by midnight, I DID notice a strange, not unpleasant, dissociative type effect. Wobbly, bit delirious. As we drove the score the 30 Mitsubishi Pills for the following night Saturday rave.

Damn! I REALLY want some mushrooms to try again now!

Hahah, sounds awesome.

Me and my friends saw a fucking BEAR CUB while I was pissing.
On shrooms or acid, bells would go off. On amanita, it was more like,
'What the fuck are you looking at, Ted?'

Although after that initial thought, I ran with my dick out like I never had before.

Hahah, sounds awesome.

Me and my friends saw a fucking BEAR CUB while I was pissing.
On shrooms or acid, bells would go off. On amanita, it was more like,
'What the fuck are you looking at, Ted?'

Although after that initial thought, I ran with my dick out like I never had before.
Speaking of seeing things, those strong Salvia extracts REALLY REALLY fuck with your head hallucinonically, fantasy like, especially on MDMA, Mushrooms and Ketamine one time I found out.

Singularly, all out, the most true real like, rapid visual, dream hallucination in my life, resulting to my short lived terror at having been deceived, buried in concrete at a dark London Rave Warehouse Rave.

Seconds later..back in the room. FULLY cognisant. My full senses. With an overjoyed to be ALIVE, safe and well, seconds after I tripped to my own death lol!

Zero trauma. Not shaken.,just absolutely shell shocked from the Alice Wonderland magic of it all.

It was an especially cleansing, releasing, rejuvenating experience.

I felt no trauma, no haunts, But as in the moment as ever and truly happy not just pleased but genuinely happy to be alive and as well as I was before that one huge bucket bong of salvia extract.

a
Speaking of seeing things, those strong Salvia extracts REALLY REALLY fuck with your head hallucinonically, fantasy like, especially on MDMA, Mushrooms and Ketamine one time I found out.

Singularly, all out, the most true real like, rapid visual, dream hallucination in my life, resulting to my short lived terror at having been deceived, buried in concrete at a dark London Rave Warehouse Rave.

Seconds later..back in the room. FULLY cognisant. My full senses. With an overjoyed to be ALIVE, safe and well, seconds after I tripped to my own death lol!

Zero trauma. Not shaken.,just absolutely shell shocked from the Alice Wonderland magic of it all.

It was an especially cleansing, releasing, rejuvenating experience.

I felt no trauma, no haunts, But as in the moment as ever and truly happy not just pleased but genuinely happy to be alive and as well as I was before that one huge bucket bong of salvia extract.
Don't even get me going on Salvia, that shit is so MESSED UP!
Hahah.

Probably the most wicked hallucinations I've experienced, though it's really foggy recalling it. I just remember as I was "coming down", it felt like the table infront of me was trying to convey something.

Powerful fucking plant. Would love to give that a go while peaking on LSD.

a

Don't even get me going on Salvia, that shit is so MESSED UP!
Hahah.

Probably the most wicked hallucinations I've experienced, though it's really foggy recalling it. I just remember as I was "coming down", it felt like the table infront of me was trying to convey something.

Powerful fucking plant. Would love to give that a go while peaking on LSD.
Lol, it’s been unexpected delight to banter here with you tonight, seriously but in light spirit, about numerous things we can relate well too.

Salvia....it’s the temporary loss of sound mind, awareness of surroundings, rationality, wittfullness (wittfullness lol), but two other massive things there.

One- genuine danger of losing motor control. That shit takes over, makes you move and act crazily at times. Risk of harm to self, others, property.

Really, a nice purple padded cell, perfect lol! Or a fluffy meadow.

And yeah, things become different things.

I can remember when I was raving on 13 amazing MDMA pills one time and loads of good Ketamine, dancing By the sound speakers I was so tripped out I kept thinking it was my job and I was at work LOL!

Last edited:
Lol, it’s been unexpected delight to banter here with you tonight, seriously but in light spirit, about numerous things we can relate well too.

Salvia....it’s the temporary loss of sound mind, awareness of surroundings, rationality, wittfullness (wittfullness lol), but two other massive things there.

One- genuine danger of losing motor control. That shit takes over, makes you move and act crazily at times. Risk of harm to self, others, property.

Really, a nice purple padded cell, perfect lol! Or a fluffy meadow.

And yeah, things become different things.

I can remember when I was raving on 13 amazing MDMA pills one time and loads of good Ketamine, dancing By the sound speakers I will say tripped out I kept thinking it was my job and I was at work LOL!

Definitely. My friends who watched me (same day as the bear-incident actually, at a hostel big Big Bear Lake run by a stoner looking dude calling himself The Sergant; a weird story in itself) said I was trashing about with my arms and legs and then looking like I had a minute long stroke.
I felt amazing though.

13? Damn, early debutant!

Right back at you man! I hope you find some mushrooms to do.
And have a pleasant evening :D

Definitely. My friends who watched me (same day as the bear-incident actually, at a hostel big Big Bear Lake run by a stoner looking dude calling himself The Sergant; a weird story in itself) said I was trashing about with my arms and legs and then looking like I had a minute long stroke.
I felt amazing though.

Friend in the room, after I snapped FULLY back in half a second, said,Yeeaah...you looked ABSOLUTELY fucking wasted! The others in the room all mumbled in agreement.

You have a good night too mate fro UK here.

I felt amazing though.

And those 13 incredible 2003 MDMA Pills that awesome summer rave in ideallic country farmland with barns, straw etc, fields...1 excellent Smiley face, 7 phenomenal Heineken Stars, 5 Hearts, 2 grams ket that night, was after an all night whole gram pure MDMA crystal and ketamine session.

Wild times but a very typical weekend them.

Last edited:
Friend in the room, after I snapped FULLY back in half a second, said,Yeeaah...you looked ABSOLUTELY fucking wasted! The others in the room all mumbled in agreement.

You have a good night too mate fro UK here.
Oh yeah, having done accidental K-holes at parties, I know the look on their faces as they told you that, hahaha.

Likewise buddy, from rainy Sch-weden!

How many grams of (dried) amanitas would you eat to achieve a mild to moderate trip?