• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Amanita Muscaria?

Amanita can have some unpredictable effects but when you get it to work right it is nature's supreme entheogen, nothing else really compares. It can produce a full NDE experience at high doses but at lower doses it is a wonderful energizer, anti anxiety, visionary catalyst, painkiller and euphoriant. The good effects of acid, without the come down or tolerance problems, narcotic/painkilling effects comparable to opium and the anti-anxiety effects of alcohol all in one substance. It can also be very dangerous and tricky to dose though. Each individual mushroom can give different effects even if they were picked right next to each other.

Amanita can have some unpredictable effects but when you get it to work right it is nature's supreme entheogen, nothing else really compares. It can produce a full NDE experience at high doses but at lower doses it is a wonderful energizer, anti anxiety, visionary catalyst, painkiller and euphoriant. The good effects of acid, without the come down or tolerance problems, narcotic/painkilling effects comparable to opium and the anti-anxiety effects of alcohol all in one substance. It can also be very dangerous and tricky to dose though. Each individual mushroom can give different effects even if they were picked right next to each other.
Thats why i prefer tinctures...

Would love to try these but there's lots of drugs I've never taken, like ecstacy for example. I was warned off by a good friend who went on tour in the late 80s early 90s, that it's real bad for your spinal fluids. I don't know if that's true but I probably wouldn't have first gotten sober if I got involved with it. Besides I don't need drugs to feel like I love everybody, my problem is kind of the opposite, if that makes any sense. Plus I can go into those trances with nothing more than made up gospel music. The problem I have is I need to take a couple steps back. And take another couple of steps back.

I know I've LSD blacked out a few times (yes they do happen) and have no idea what happened. Just remember being like the last person to leave, losing my wallet and keys, (but saved the weed - first things first), and friends being really pissed that "I did it again”.

Just always make absolutely SURE you have Muscaria, and NOT EVER Amanita Pantherina by mistake.

Actually, pantherina are also psychoactive and not poisonous (though I have heard you need to be more careful with the dose). In fact, @Kaleida wrote a trip report about them. She said, I believe, that they feel closer to serotonergic psychedelics than muscaria. But you'll have to do your research on dosage and such because I don't know.

My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend told me about the time he ate them... he and his friends picked a bunch, and he ate a bunch fresh (don't do this). He said he felt like he was dying at first and then everything in his real life disappeared and he lived a thousand lives, and they kept repeating over and over and over again. He said he also met and spoke with god. Eventually he came back all bruised and cut up and his friends were freaking out. Apparently he went super rigid and broke some shit from flailing around and wouldn't respond to anyone the whole time, though his eyes were open and he was moving around.

Amanita muscaria contain ibotenic acid and muscimol, which is toxic, a neurotoxin in fact (though apparently quite psychoactive), which decarboxylates into muscimol (which is what you want). By making the mushroom hot (maybe 135 degrees F, not sure, actually probably more), you convert it to muscimol. The best way is to make tea, but you can also heat them in the oven. Also I have heard that just completely drying them will work. Interestingly, muscimol is a direct GABA-A agonist. Nearly every gabaergic drug is a positive allosteric modulator or an agonist of GABA-B or some other sites. That means it mimics GABA and replaces it in the receptors all throughout your body and brain. Somehow, this produces powerful psychoactive effects. It's absolutely nothing like psilocybin, though.

I bought some dried muscaria last year. I ate 7-8 grams 3 times. The first 2, I just got slightly drowsy and sloppy feeling (I did not make tea, I just ate them. They're rather tasty). The third time, I started feeling poisoned. My body was covered in a cold sweat that wouldn't wipe off. I felt really cold at the same time. My clothes were sticking to me from the sweat and it felt really uncomfortable, but I was freezing so I put even more clothes on. I was shivering quite violently, and occasionally my arms or legs would jerk uncontrollably. I started to get really scared that whoever the person was that picked them fucked up and picked a destroying angel or other poisonous kind, and that I w as in for a slow, painful death over the next 2 days.

Eventually I took a hot shower and felt so much better... I sat down in it and closed my eyes. I felt like I was moving down corridors, sort of like the sliding you get from ketamine. After the showwe I felt better, but not very good. I never got anything more psychoactive than the sliding feeling.

I did it wrote by not making tea, not sure what I was thinking that day because I already knew this stuff.

Thats why i prefer tinctures...

How do you go about making a tincture?

While making tea is a really good way to take them you didn't necessarily do anything wrong by just eating them I had many incredible trips just eating them. My guess would be you dosed them improperly. You said you ate 7-8 grams, three times. Did you just eat them all in one go? If so, that is likely the source of your problem.

I don't know if I ever had a good experience doing it that way. If you eat a moderate to large dose all at once like that, you tend to get effects like what you described. Sometimes you can fall into a deep slumber and wake up confused about whether you were tripping or just dreaming, you often will exhibit signs of overdose like nausea, tremors and sweating/salivation and sometimes you just get drowsy. You can feel a bit poisoned and confused or dissociated. It's not very pleasant and most people don't wish to repeat it.

The proper way to dose these is a bit at a time, at least until you become more familiar with their effects and what works best for you. You eat a gram or so, wait 2-3 hours, then eat another gram and wait another 2-3 hours and then eat another gram. The high will slowly build up this way and you won't get the side effects that come with eating it all at once. If you smoke weed, try smoking a little as you approach the peak of the experience. This really kicks it up a notch.

It's very important to remember these are not like psilocybin mushrooms. You don't need to eat the dose all at once in order for it to work and you don't need to wait a week in between dosing them. You can take these every day and they will still work so there is no need try a high dose from the get go. Experiment with low to moderate doses until you learn to appreciate the high and begin to understand the sort of lessons this mushroom has to offer. Once you understand a bit more how to use it, you can experiment with higher doses if you feel so inclined. People don't understand what they have here. The very fact that it does not produce tolerance and can be used daily without rough comedowns/hangovers already puts it in a completely different class compared to most psychedelics.

The recipe supposed to transform the maximum of muscimol takes place in three stages:
- Dehydrate the fresh mushroom caps at low temperature (50° celcius in the oven with the door ajar).
- Grind and heat over low heat in water for about twenty minutes.
- turn off the heat, add lemon and leave to stand.
Next, a good way to dose it precisely and keep it is to have little liquid and make ice cubes. Very easy to use.

I used it several times in low dose, but I stopped after a fall under is influence, that could have cost me my life. It made me too sure of myself, I lacked lucidity and made decisions that I certainly wouldn't have taken sober.

Last edited:
Actually, pantherina are also psychoactive and not poisonous (though I have heard you need to be more careful with the dose). In fact, @Kaleida wrote a trip report about them. She said, I believe, that they feel closer to serotonergic psychedelics than muscaria. But you'll have to do your research on dosage and such because I don't know.

My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend told me about the time he ate them... he and his friends picked a bunch, and he ate a bunch fresh (don't do this). He said he felt like he was dying at first and then everything in his real life disappeared and he lived a thousand lives, and they kept repeating over and over and over again. He said he also met and spoke with god. Eventually he came back all bruised and cut up and his friends were freaking out. Apparently he went super rigid and broke some shit from flailing around and wouldn't respond to anyone the whole time, though his eyes were open and he was moving around.

Amanita muscaria contain ibotenic acid and muscimol, which is toxic, a neurotoxin in fact (though apparently quite psychoactive), which decarboxylates into muscimol (which is what you want). By making the mushroom hot (maybe 135 degrees F, not sure, actually probably more), you convert it to muscimol. The best way is to make tea, but you can also heat them in the oven. Also I have heard that just completely drying them will work. Interestingly, muscimol is a direct GABA-A agonist. Nearly every gabaergic drug is a positive allosteric modulator or an agonist of GABA-B or some other sites. That means it mimics GABA and replaces it in the receptors all throughout your body and brain. Somehow, this produces powerful psychoactive effects. It's absolutely nothing like psilocybin, though.

I bought some dried muscaria last year. I ate 7-8 grams 3 times. The first 2, I just got slightly drowsy and sloppy feeling (I did not make tea, I just ate them. They're rather tasty). The third time, I started feeling poisoned. My body was covered in a cold sweat that wouldn't wipe off. I felt really cold at the same time. My clothes were sticking to me from the sweat and it felt really uncomfortable, but I was freezing so I put even more clothes on. I was shivering quite violently, and occasionally my arms or legs would jerk uncontrollably. I started to get really scared that whoever the person was that picked them fucked up and picked a destroying angel or other poisonous kind, and that I w as in for a slow, painful death over the next 2 days.

Eventually I took a hot shower and felt so much better... I sat down in it and closed my eyes. I felt like I was moving down corridors, sort of like the sliding you get from ketamine. After the showwe I felt better, but not very good. I never got anything more psychoactive than the sliding feeling.

I did it wrote by not making tea, not sure what I was thinking that day because I already knew this stuff.

How do you go about making a tincture?

I make the tincture by first roasting the dried mushrooms in the oven (conversion blabla)
Then i put the ground up mushrooms in some vodka for a few weeks or so.
The vodka will turn dark redish.
And then its easy to dose.

I find these very euphoric and can't wait to eat them again. I try to pick as much as i can and dry them for winter, sometimes it's nice to eat just a little bit to sleep and dream more and sometimes eat a trippy dose to dissociate and "fly away".

I find these very euphoric and can't wait to eat them again. I try to pick as much as i can and dry them for winter, sometimes it's nice to eat just a little bit to sleep and dream more and sometimes eat a trippy dose to dissociate and "fly away".

Can you tell us more? You’re EU too right? (Asking as I know they vary based on location.)

What dosages do you take? You just eat them dry?

-GC

Can you tell us more? You’re EU too right? (Asking as I know they vary based on location.)

What dosages do you take? You just eat them dry?

-GC
Yeah, i'm from Europe, Finland. Amanitas grow here everywhere right now, amazing red capped beauties ❤️
I usually dry whole caps slowly at room temperature on a newspaper or on a oven tray, when dried completely (medium to large ones dry 2-4days) i put them in a glass jar and store in a cool and dark place at least a month, preferably 3months to make ibotenic-acid to turn muscimol. When i wish to eat them, i take one to four caps, depending what i wanna do with them.
I slice the caps gently with scissors, take a large glass of water with them and just chew them Nice and slow. The dosage varies very much, you can't know which amanitas are strong and which are not so strong. Eating them slow and building up the "high" is my way to enjoy them, with a lots of water to drink. Sometimes they surprise and kick my ass at
low dosage (1-2 medium caps) and sometimes must eat 4 medium cap to feel the same.

Dreamy, looping, hazy, energetic/euphoric, sleepy but kind of sharp and slow feeling at The same Time, when dose stay low to medium which i think is one medium to large cap, or two. It starts to feel in an hour or two. Sometimes nausea and tiredness take over and must lay down for a while, take a nap. Dreams are usually very vivid and lucid dreaming is common.

When dosage gets higher, The delirious and dissociative part steps in and i must have trip sitter, i highly recommend to have one who is sober and calm. And knows how amanitas work. They are not always pleasant or fun in any way, delirium can occur. You need to prepare yourself. Meditate and try to keep on mind that you're tripping even when you think you're not. Visuals with hallucinations and looping thoughts which are really weird and irrational.. while having a lots of drunk like energy and Stamina, not so good combination If someone get delirious and believes some demons and spirits are chasing him/her and gets a panic attack and must jump all over The place to hide from them but desides eventually to Chase and try to catch them because why not😆!
Or If someone Falls to deep sleep, i recommend someone sober is there to make sure everything is allright.

Slow testing how amanitas work is The best way, you can eat small pieces everyday and eat little bit more Day by Day to see how you React and how amanitas work. Respect them and Be grateful for such a unique mushrooms. They are waaaaaay different than psilocybes.