• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I the only one that doesn't like marijuana

No weed for me, please. Or please, if only I could use weed.

Besides the awful panic attack while stoned, in which I was transported to the horror dimension populated by transparent hollow people, weed has always been too much. I couldn't figure out what the issue really was, until I overheard the campus psychedelics guy mention "it's just too much of a psychedelic."

And he's right. I trip on it. Which isn't relaxing and takes a lot of mental energy; around people its overwhelming and I have to leave.

It's sad, because I wanted very much to take the doob when it was passed around, to be at the same level as everyone else. Instead I drank all the booze, way off everyone else's level, and routinely made an ass of myself.

But what substitute is there?

Well, considering that MJ is legal in a lot of places now and it works well as harm reduction, I wonder if there is a different strain of weed, if one wants to focus on body relaxation rather than overthinking.

Nowadays, you literally talk to specific personnel trainned to provide this sort of info. So maybe things have improved for those who want to prevent drinking or doing hard drugs.

I wonder if there is a different strain of weed, if one wants to focus on body relaxation rather than overthinking.

That's what I'm hoping, it's "legal" here in CA, but not retail yet without a medical card, which I"m too cheap to get.

Actually, i'm hoping that the vastly increased user base will promote even more crazy strains that are ore horror-dimension free.

I know, it's complicated. In Amsterdam you get a full menu, but you can't drink or smoke cigarettes. I think it has to do with Sativa or Indica different strains and how weak or strong you can select. It's totally legit. You have a trained personnel to make sure you won't feel uncomfortable.

In some cases where one can actually buy a bag of brownies, they even show a sort of 0800 call free number in cases of acute anxiety. Crazy right? And it seems the Government gets a lot of taxes from the sales, not to mention employment, lower drug related crimes, etc.

I assume that South and Central American cartels would loose a lot of money if they had to plant accordingly and pay their taxes.

I used to have the hardest time with cannabis myself, mostly due to anxiety. It took a long time for me to be able to enjoy smoking, but it did happen. Many people never get to though, so I was lucky for once, because now it benefits me in many ways.

Strain can make a huge difference here, as well as countless factors regarding self.

As for synthetics, I'd recommend nobody to use them. They're far too dangerous (as you discovered), and have resulted in chronic damage to people's health, even deaths. Definitely not shit to play with.

-PA

In my case I wanted to be able to feel the benefits - but always regret the minute it starts to kick in. It works fine if I drink one or two cans of beer. The reason I wanted to like it is simply because I have never really had a habit and now that I can purchase it legally in some places, I really don't feel like smoking. For most of my life I had believed it could alleviate the thoughts/cravings I have about opiates which is my DOC. In my mind I could have avoided taking methadone for so many years, if I could find a way to enjoy Cannabis.

For most of my life I had believed it could alleviate the thoughts/cravings I have about opiates which is my DOC. In my mind I could have avoided taking methadone for so many years, if I could find a way to enjoy Cannabis.
This is certainly one of the many great uses for cannabis Erik, I myself have enjoyed this benefit to a degree.

But it really only works to an extent, and circumstances certainly affect results/outcomes. The anxiety and unpleasant effects produced both by opioid withdrawal and cannabis consumption individually, and especially in combination, can be too difficult to overcome, sadly.

-PA

I am sober from opiates and benzodiazepines, but it's a struggle. I don't think that using Cannabis would be considered as a relapse, but mostly as something that would help me to sleep, relax, etc. I think that Sativa strains wouldn't be so mental so the anxiety could be less intense. It's certainly less harmful than Seroquel.