• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I the only one that doesn't like marijuana

mrmarkvile

Greenlighter
I have never met another person who just does not enjoy the feeling of being stoned. I've tried maybe a dozen times (weed and also the "legal high" cannabinoids) and the feeling is neutral at best. I don't get the giggles or feel any euphoria or mood elevation, just a slightly uncomfortable experience. Every time I have tried cannabinoids other than Marijuana, I have experienced grand male seizures and went to hell. I believed I was in black outer space and had an overwhelming feel of anxiety and I "knew" that I was never going to be okay again. I'm an atheist, but the experience has made me wonder if I died of and OD and went to hell. This is in combo with suddenly coming to surrounded by paramedics.

Real weed (Marijuana, Cannibis' whatever you wanna call it) has never given me a terrible time like the synthetic cannabinoids, but the experience has never been positive either.

For the record I use/have used pretty much all illicit or prescription drugs and liked a few enough to be an addict to a few over the years.

Is there anyone out there that doesn't understand the appeal or why it is so popular?

Most synthetic cannabinoids currently being sold are absolute crap. The seizures, near death experience etc has been reported countless times. Even the good ones banned years and years ago were nothing to write home about. Marijuana on its own isn't some wonder drug either, its more of a functional yet slightly psychedelic at low tolerance type of drug. Especially if you were an addict at one point. Its one of those that although it can be extremely powerful, the trip has more to do with what you think about what the high will entail, as well as kinda messing with preconcieved notions about yourself/reality. Can be not that pleasant if youre a recovering addict/not in a good place in life. Some people just dont like it period, it just doesnt agree with them. Thays interesting that literally noone you know doesnt like marijuana. People can be addicted to marijuana and psychedelics much in the same way as opiates, just without the terrible physical wd.

Marijuana is psycological and entirely to do with potentiation of how your already feeling. It doesnt mean its trippy at all, its meant to be something smoked to laugh with with close friends when not a problem exists in your life or world. Its not an Abuseable drug as soon as you try to abuse it you actually get No high at all.

However, it Is a high when you are not somebody who has ever touched another drug.

If your familiar with adderall, coke, or even alc or especially opiods or psychadellics the marijuana becoems obvious as just a background fuzz to the reality.

No you are not alone, it might have to do with chronic anxiety. There was a point in time when marijuana was enjoyable but it was never something I went after. After a bad edibles trip and a lifetime of anxiety I either get instant panic attack or more often nothing. I feel "high" but I feel no euphoria whatsoever, even music doesn't sound better.

I've tried all sorts of strains and methods. Cannabis is just not for some people.

A lot of people get paranoid/panic attack mode on weed.

Personally I love bud but I don't fuck with edibles because I can't titrate dose right and get the panic reaction. I smoke a gram or 3 of fire a day though and I don't have this issue, I can see how someone who got paranoid off a toke or two wouldn't like it.

A lot of people get paranoid/panic attack mode on weed.

Personally I love bud but I don't fuck with edibles because I can't titrate dose right and get the panic reaction. I smoke a gram or 3 of fire a day though and I don't have this issue, I can see how someone who got paranoid off a toke or two wouldn't like it.

Yeah was kind of like this and then the anxiety/panic was too much.

Stopped using so now i'm the type that a toke or 2 of strong stuff, especially certain strains, will get me on edge w/o a decent amount of booze or benzos mixed in.

I was a daily smoker for like 6-7 years, and altogether smoked regularly for about 10 or so. I only tried edibles once and at a very social event and it completely ruined the night for me and was embarassing because I just knocked back a strong pot brownie, then had no booze or anything to go with it and it ruined what should've been a fun night for me and for other people with me.

BTW, after stopping weed I've gone down some bad paths with addictive drugs, which I also have found much more enjoyable than weed. Especially at first it when you get much more social from them, but thats short lived and once addicted you just maintain and dig yourself into a hole (some people literally...so thats might be part of the appeal of weed)

Used to love it. 20 years ago. Now I hate it.

Doesn't give me anxiety but it makes me think too much about too many things that are better left not thought about. It's not enjoyable whatsoever.

I used to dig it a lot. Now it became a take it or leave it type deal for me. Paranoia is a prevalent side effect for me. You're not alone.

I was a daily marijuana smoker from age 16-19. Quit a few months before my first child was born. I loved smoking marijuana back then... Was my favorite hobby in a sense.

Ever since I stopped at 19 I no longer can enjoy marijuana. Ive tried it a few times here and there and I just hate it now. As soon as I take the first hit I get this odd "oh not this feeling again". It's a strange sort of nostalgic feeling of guilt and anxiety. Hard to explain.

I hate the way marijuana feels now but I REALLY miss the way it used to feel. Nowadays it's all panic/anxiety/paranoia. Used to be relaxing, creative inspiring, depression lifting, made listening to music so euphoric and it used to help me get to sleep. I miss all that.

A few years ago I tried forcing myself to smoke a few times a day daily for about a week in the hopes that I just needed to build a tolerance to break through the nastiness. Didn't work sadly. Felt just as bad each time.

:(

All of the research chemical cannabinoids react even worse with me. MUCH MUCH worse.

I was a daily marijuana smoker from age 16-19. Quit a few months before my first child was born. I loved smoking marijuana back then... Was my favorite hobby in a sense.

Ever since I stopped at 19 I no longer can enjoy marijuana. Ive tried it a few times here and there and I just hate it now. As soon as I take the first hit I get this odd "oh not this feeling again". It's a strange sort of nostalgic feeling of guilt and anxiety. Hard to explain.

I hate the way marijuana feels now but I REALLY miss the way it used to feel. Nowadays it's all panic/anxiety/paranoia. Used to be relaxing, creative inspiring, depression lifting, made listening to music so euphoric and it used to help me get to sleep. I miss all that.

A few years ago I tried forcing myself to smoke a few times a day daily for about a week in the hopes that I just needed to build a tolerance to break through the nastiness. Didn't work sadly. Felt just as bad each time.

That is a perfect description of my relationship with weed. Well put.

I am not completely in agreement with you on my experience with weed. First of all, I am an old hippie from the 1960s. I did all the expected drugs of my generation and I had a damn good time. I used marijuana with abandon throughout my college years. I was so innocent that I left my weed out on my nightstand and the lady who cleaned just picked it up and wiped the dust on the stand away. This was when a single stem or seed was a felony in Texas. Good thing the cleaning staff was Columbian and as blase' as was I. We tipped well, as well. Back then I got off as one was expected to. But since then I have found marijuana to be a substance which gives me paranoia and not much more. I have never tried the ersatz concoctions sold as weed substitutes, but from what I have read, you get what you pay for, poison. I have never even tried the legal cannabinoid oils. They come from hemp and have little hope of containing the stuff that gets one off with weed. But if you are seeking relaxation, etc. maybe you're in luck.I just think that the government would have shut them down if they had any chance of competing with big Pharms. So, yes, I have no interest in weed. Of course I can't even try. My pain doctor tests me with a u/a, so I can't risk trying anything or I loose my lifeline to my pain killers which are far more potent than weed or any other street drugs, including heroine. That's what it takes to stop this kind of pain. And those drugs don't really mix with too many others outside of their own class. One caveat. Think carefully before you become too fond of any drug or drugs. Once you find yourself using a drug every day, you are finished with the freedoms you once knew. Walk away while you can. I did and I'm glad I did. Still, with chronic pain, I am married to my Opana ER and Oxycodone. Though I never increase my dosages, I might as well be an addict. If the new laws come down against me, I am dead meat. I'm too old to survive rehab. I have no emotional reason to see why going without my pain meds would improve my life, because the pain would come back with a vengeance and my "habit" isn't ruining my life. You're not in that position. A few more drug filled days could decide your whole future. I'm not your dad. I've just been through enough to warn you that it's too easy to become road kill on the drug highway. Jump off if you still can.
Purple

I didn't really enjoy weed at all until a couple of years ago. I got really paranoid the first times I smoked and so kept that idea of it all the way into my mid 30's. As to why I enjoy it now, I'm not entirely sure, but I think I'm a little calmer and less neurotic than I was in my youth. So I think I may have had the opposite experience to many in this thread.

Also, I want to say that in my anecdotal experience, for what it's worth, marijuana isn't consistently euphoric anyway. It's always going to be a crapshoot, as far as I can tell. The setting has a lot to do with it. That's actually an interesting thing about weed, it's helped me realize that I have to take care of my surroundings if I want to feel well.

No weed for me, please. Or please, if only I could use weed.

Besides the awful panic attack while stoned, in which I was transported to the horror dimension populated by transparent hollow people, weed has always been too much. I couldn't figure out what the issue really was, until I overheard the campus psychedelics guy mention "it's just too much of a psychedelic."

And he's right. I trip on it. Which isn't relaxing and takes a lot of mental energy; around people its overwhelming and I have to leave.

It's sad, because I wanted very much to take the doob when it was passed around, to be at the same level as everyone else. Instead I drank all the booze, way off everyone else's level, and routinely made an ass of myself.

But what substitute is there?

But what substitute is there?

smoke.jpg

Honestly, though, if I could smoke weed and transport to some kind of horror dimension I think that'd be wonderful. Closest I've gotten was on acid, where I made the mistake of looking at the inside of my cat's ear and decided that she was made out of wax, and then OH SHIT IF THE CAT'S MADE OF WAX THEN DOES THAT MEAN I AM TOO?!?!?!

That train of thought was entertaining but I really couldn't handle the idea of being a wax figure.

Used to love it. 20 years ago. Now I hate it. Doesn't give me anxiety but it makes me think too much about too many things that are better left not thought about. It's not enjoyable whatsoever.
This is a perfect description of why I don't smoke very often unless I'm tripping or one hit to kick in an opioid. It literally makes me think too much and be too self aware if that's possible. Sometimes even walking feels strained.

heavy use gives me anxiety initially but with a lower tolerance with infrequent use i feel like that giddy, 15yr old who smoked for the first time again.

Honestly, though, if I could smoke weed and transport to some kind of horror dimension I think that'd be wonderful. Closest I've gotten was on acid, where I made the mistake of looking at the inside of my cat's ear and decided that she was made out of wax, and then OH SHIT IF THE CAT'S MADE OF WAX THEN DOES THAT MEAN I AM TOO?!?!?!

That train of thought was entertaining but I really couldn't handle the idea of being a wax figure.

It's the big difference with psychedelics and everything else that fries your brain: on mushrooms, you'd bravely enter the horror dimension and have serious insight and introspection, emerge feeling more in touch with yourself, tell everyone about the quality of the visuals and the music you listened to.

On everything else: it's the fuckin horror dimension! It took years for me to realize that the screams of the damned I heard was just the blood rushing through my head.

On everything else: it's the fuckin horror dimension! It took years for me to realize that the screams of the damned I heard was just the blood rushing through my head.

When I hear that *thump thump* in my head I just get pissed off because I have a headache.

I don't think you understand how much I wish it were some significant connection to some mystical ass place instead of just a headache.

But dude, I get that it fucks you up. I was just thinkin' out loud, I guess, not tryin' to belittle you.

Jibult said:
But dude, I get that it fucks you up. I was just thinkin' out loud, I guess, not tryin' to belittle you.

And I didn't take it that way, no worries.

Cenobytes! I couldn't remember the name last time. No I didn't talk to them, it was far worse than just "pain" and too much for them.

BUT, I think about my cluster headaches and wonder which I'd choose. I might go with the horror dimension.

Used to love it. 20 years ago. Now I hate it.

Doesn't give me anxiety but it makes me think too much about too many things that are better left not thought about. It's not enjoyable whatsoever.

That's exactly how I feel. It has never made me feel social or euphoric. Like you I start thinking too much, and I don't like to mess around with my unconsciousness. Same with LSH, I get it. It makes us think and see great things. And at times I even feel like I have figured out things that I had never thought before. But all the visuals gives an unwelcome anxiety.