• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Am I on the Road to Addiction?

Try to avoid coke and dope. I thought $80 for a gram of pure coke was too much. I couldn't afford it then and I can't afford it now. But every month I do it as a ritual for 3 days and has now become a habit. I can't even imagine doing it twice a month, because that's clearly losing yourself to the drug. Opiates are apparently worse, what with all the physical dependence as well as the psychological dependence. The only class of drugs where you don't have to worry about addiction (sane usage!) are psychedelics. Stick to smoking or better yet vaping pot. If you're absolutely sure your family doesn't have any psych problems and you feel mentally and emotionally stable, I would also recommend you give LSD and DMT a try.

I like what Znegative, says bro. Listen to him. Stop while you're ahead with the opiates especially. Only you can decide if you're a drug addict, but there are definite signs in what you're stating. All those drugs in a short period of time at a young age, will likely form you into a person with hard drug addiction that you will battle for the rest of your life. I mean there isn't anything wrong with experimenting, but like stated above you are definitely playing with fire. Stick to the weed, maybe a little drinking, cuz I know you are going to keep using whatever regardless of the warnings we give you.

Playing with the hard drugs like opiates, especially heroin, like Znegative said, there will be boundaries you swore you wouldn't cross that you will find yourself crossing. Like swearing you won't shoot up, or stealing from friends/family. It's reality bro, and I was one of those people who swore I wouldn't do those things. I started at 14 with weed and alcohol. I'm 32 now, basically homeless, been to prison 3 times, and countless jail visits. I've thrown my life away man. You have a lot of potential to be successful bro, don't jeopardize it man.

Like I said experimenting is whatever, but it sounds like you are looking for that perfect drug to make you the happiest, and thus likely that will result in addiction. And by the way you talked about the opiates, it sounds like this is the one you should avoid most, because you liked it so much. And opiate addiction is no fun. Let me tell you dude. Znegative put it right, it will literally become your life, everything and all your time will revolve around it. And if you are afraid of withdrawal dude, this is the biggest and baddest monster you will ever see.

Quit while you are ahead, and like I said, if you want to keep using, stick to the cannabis. It sounds like your cup of tea, and it isn't likely to destroy your life and opportunities. Hope you listen to all these people here man. We have been through it. I'm glad you asked us about it.

Thanks for all your replies I wasn't expecting all of these.

Just as a recap if you haven't read my previous reply I stated I would not try heroin.

Recently I have been offered both meth and crack which I have denied because fuck that.

After reading more I am considering sticking to only weed, psychadelics, and dissociatives. However I haven't completely made up my mind.

I would also like to try LSD and am planning on doing salvia soon. I'm not much experienced with psychadelics so I'm going to keep DMT for later.

My weed dealer recently got surgery and cannot sell to me for many months. I live in a place where strangely opiates are easier to get than weed, and I can get them for the cheapest price in my city. $5/20mg for Oxycodone where its usually $20/20mg. I've also planned on selling them for $15/20mg after buying them for $5.

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but thanks for at least taking me off the track of getting into heroin with all your replies.

you said "i dont plan on taking heroin if i dont get hooked on oxy." getting hooked on oxy is still a fucking miserable existence, and if you get hooked on oxy then you'll likely try heroin to save money or to get high when oxy stops doing it for you.

really, you sound like an addict in the making. the very fact that you made this thread means you think about and glamorise drugs way too much.

im not saying never take drugs--your idea about sticking to psychedelics, weed and disassociates sounds the best bet.

opiates and benzos are drugs that - if you plan on taking them every now and then cos you love them - you're almost surely gonna get addicted to.

stick to the party, fun time drugs like acid, mdma, weed, coke etc. NOT pain and anxiety medication like oxy and xanax.

trust me.

stick to the party, fun time drugs like acid, mdma, weed, coke etc. NOT pain and anxiety medication like oxy and xanax.

Stick to coke? I much rather be addicted to opiates than snorting everyday, and if I snorted everyday I'd probably just go to smoking crack because I hate snorting.
But fuck, coke? So you rather be addicted to cocaine than benzos and opiates?

In my personal experience, yes you are on that road and it is easier to stop now. If someone told me to stop, I would've said fuck off, so if you feel that way I understand. Most of what you said seems like normal experimentation... until the oxycodone part. For me, and for other people I have witnessed this happen. Anyone who has that "love at first sight" feeling when they try opiates, will become an addict if they continue to use them. The fact that you have done oxycodone once, and are already willing to try heroin is terrifying to me. I had the same feeling as you, exactly the same. I would strongly advise against trying heroin - even once. "Im only going to try this once" are the famous last words of every heroin addict. Even continuing to use oxy is an extremely slippery slope. If you use opiates long enough, the idea of living life without them seems ridiculous. For me everything was ok, (not great, but certainly not terrible) until I found opiates. I overdosed in September and have been in and out recovery and 12 Step programs since. Opiates have the power to bring people with even the strongest will to their knees. Proceed with caution and I wish you the best.

As stated by everyone here, opiates are a VERY slippery slope. Everyday I wish I would have just stuck to weed as my DOC; but, once I tried Oxy for the first time, I found my new DOC. I had no idea at the time the strangehold Oxy would place on my existence. My friends would always talk about getting "sick," and I would tell myself that only happens to addicts. The first few times I got "sick," I thought I had a bad case of the flu. Took me a few weeks to realize I was getting the "flu" alot, and this was what "dope sick" felt like. So, you try to make sure you never run out of meds, because you can't stand the "sickness." By doing this you increase your tolerance rapidly. Now, when you can't find your needs, the sickness is even worse than you remember from last time. I had no idea that addiction can happen in less than a week. God, I wish I never tried it at all. It seems no one realizes your "hooked," until it's too late.

Be safe, and please keep with you fellow blue lighters experiences when you go to use. Hopefully you can be stronger than all of us.

Good luck!

Stick to coke? I much rather be addicted to opiates than snorting everyday, and if I snorted everyday I'd probably just go to smoking crack because I hate snorting.
But fuck, coke? So you rather be addicted to cocaine than benzos and opiates?

no, i wasnt advising you get addicted to cocaine, i was giving you advice on how to prevent addiction. i thought this thread was about you avoiding addiction, not advice on the best drug to get hooked on. this is exactly why you shouldnt use more addictive drugs, you seem to have resigned yourself to using daily already.

i know cocaine can be extremely addictive to some people, but the majority of people who use it binge on the gram or whatever theyve purchased, then forget about it until next time which could be weeks.

with opiates, the majority of people who use them semi regularly end up addicted.

as someone with a lot of years of addiction behind me, id advise you give opiates a wide berth and stick to psychedelics and stims and booze, but only occasionally.

To the OP,

Yes, you are on the road to addiction, if not already there. You do realize that mainling street heroin, whose purity cannot between and among various batches you are likely to acquire in your usage of it, is as deadly as playing Russian roulette? Believe it or not, doing methamphetamine is WAY safer than doing heroin. Choose life!

I can comment on alcohol. From what you say you seem extremely young. It means that you are starting to experience it to the full. My personall opinion, if you get a proper job/education/income/love etc then you will be more protected from the addiction.