• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I just burned out?

I never tried any of those lab chem type of things but I did notice pretty early on that Delta-8 absolutely destroys my tolerance. I'd have to double my dose every time I used it even with a week gap. Everyone says I'm crazy but i swear there's something about d8 that just drives my tolerance sky high. I'm guess most people don't notice because they're not frequent users or are maybe new to smoking and it's all they've tried
You've answered your own question. D8 is well known for upping your tolerance quickly.

It's not a full agonist like the Jw compounds, etc., but it has other issues.

Your CB1 receptors ar the ones in your brain and are responsible for the high. Your CB2 receptors are in "peripheral tissues"... your body. They're in your gut, they regulate immune response, stuff like that.

While they both hit both, D8 is more active on the CB2 receptors while D9 is more active on the CB1. When you are using D8, you will take your dose up to get the high you are used to from D9. You hear of people taking obscene doses of D8. This is flooding your CB2 receptors and increasing tolerance quickly.

People talk about the other gas station cannabinoids increasing tolerance quickly as well (although not as much as D8).
In the acetylated compounds, this is obviously due to the extended duration at least partially.
Another possible factor (with all of them) is that they are pure compounds without all the myriad cannabinoids that cannabis has. CBD, CBG, and all the rest modulate how THC affects you in many ways. I'm wondering if pure THC would also jack tolerance up, I dunno.

Anyway, I am buying no more D8 myself due to the tolerance thing.
I'm an on and off smoker and I will use up the D8 I have left only in low doses and only on days when it has been at least a few days since I smoked... and only on that first day. That way I do get a buzz and avoid the tolerance thing.

_______

One of the most useful things in avoiding tolerance in general is to avoid the wake and bakes that we all love. I'm retired now, but I stopped smoking at work when I was in my early 20's so that my evening buzz was better. Didn't give a shit about the workplace, I just wanted to get a better high after. ;)
Another thing is to wait a little longer before hitting the pipe again once you do. Start a movie, make a meal, distract yourself for just an hour maybe. Then your buzz might be better once you smoke.

like plenty have said, wake n bake and /or smoking most of the day is unsustainable if you want a decent hit of an evening

it's pretty unanimous, clear

I take days off regularly (one a week at least), rotate strains, rotate roa's (pipes / vapes / dabs etc), rotate cannbis forms (flower/hash/oils),cut down dosage (amazing how long a buzz can last if you just don't imbibe any more for a while) / gain then lose tolerance / generally rotate everything and play with it

After reading more posts I can honestly say D8 (carts at least) work for me the first 2-3 times I use them. The first time a long stone. Then after that it gets much weaker. So tolerance sets in fast. However if I take a few days off and hit the D8 cart it works again for a time or two. Quick tolerance, quick reversal it seems. So I would get burned out on a D8 cart in two days. Regular flower always works for me.

I generally stick to flower in a pipe. The amount of things that can go wrong with a cart has just about made me swear off of them. Batteries not working, clogging, leakage, etc... I would never rely on vapes if I were let's say on a vacation. Match to a pipe always works.

Have tried D10 a few times, can't tell the difference (yet) from D8. (never tried the others) But I can tell D8 is lighter than regular weed. That is not to say the first few rips from a D8 cart won't stone you. It will, but goes away quick until a few day break.

I will forever be a pipe/smoking man along with edibles at certain times. Vaping is aggravation for me. Fire to a pipe NEVER fails.

After reading more posts I can honestly say D8 (carts at least) work for me the first 2-3 times I use them. The first time a long stone. Then after that it gets much weaker. So tolerance sets in fast. However if I take a few days off and hit the D8 cart it works again for a time or two. Quick tolerance, quick reversal it seems. So I would get burned out on a D8 cart in two days. Regular flower always works for me.

I generally stick to flower in a pipe. The amount of things that can go wrong with a cart has just about made me swear off of them. Batteries not working, clogging, leakage, etc... I would never rely on vapes if I were let's say on a vacation. Match to a pipe always works.

Have tried D10 a few times, can't tell the difference (yet) from D8. (never tried the others) But I can tell D8 is lighter than regular weed. That is not to say the first few rips from a D8 cart won't stone you. It will, but goes away quick until a few day break.

I will forever be a pipe/smoking man along with edibles at certain times. Vaping is aggravation for me. Fire to a pipe NEVER fails.
The D8 edibles are better. Everything you just said is still true, but the edibles do work a little better and last a little longer. If I haven't smoked in a few weeks, they actually give me a decent buzz the first day.

D10 feels and acts very similar to D8... a little weaker and a little different. It's good to mix with D8.

HHC is fairly nice, actually. So is (D8) THC-O. THC-O will jack your tolerance up quickly. I'm just assuming that HHC will as well since I've heard people say that.
I'm not buying any of the CBD store stuff anymore with the exception of D9 edibles.

Yup, I like flower too. Tastes great, less tolerance. (that would be a good commercial) I also agree with everything you said about carts. I'm a Piper at the Gates of Dawn as well.

Good username, BTW.

burnt out

cmon
You haven't even tried delta 8 yet have you?

207e8069f2a6c338e8751519be9fcdb0.gif