• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I just burned out?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
Weed isn't getting me high. Delta-9, Delta-8, Delta 10, vape, edible, it doesn't seem to matter. It all gives me a mild body high and leaves me otherwise clear headed. I love weed. It's helped me focus, be creative, enjoy music, etc. all the normal weed stuff but for the last few months, every time I try to get high, it does NONE of those things. It feels like smoking CBD. I sucked down half a 510 cart in a couple hours and got next to nothing out of it. I feel like I broke my brain. Any idea what might be going on? I really miss getting high

Sounds like you just have a hell of a tolerance. I remember at some point mine was so high it didn't matter how much I smoked I would only get a mild buzz that wore off in 5 min then I felt sober.

Smoking all day long, especially in the morning will eventually do this to you.

Just take a tolerance break.

idk if you're using and synthetic stuff, but whenever I did it took like a week for regular weed to get me high normally again

idk if you're using and synthetic stuff, but whenever I did it took like a week for regular weed to get me high normally again

I stay away from fully synthetic chems. D8 and D10 are technically concentrates. I noticed a long time ago that D8 really fucks with my tolerance but i've never experienced weed do this little

I mean you do lose a bit of magic over time even with tolerance breaks but yeah what you describe sounds like just intense tolerance. Thing I've noticed is it's easy to bring your tolerance back quite quickly when you smoke again if you aren't chill about it. Honestly it's probably the vapes. I find smoking just buds makes a lot of problems associated with weed use quite minimal, tolerance being one.

tolerance break, then when you return keep the concentrates/edibles to a minimum...take it slow, build up tolerance and enjoy the different high that gives....then break and repeat...play with it

I got high af for two hours vaping 250mg Jack Herer earlier today - regular smoker for over 35 years

Yeah those edibles and concentrates/vapes are pumping more thc and what not into your blood than is ever possible smoking buds, and id imagine sometimes by quite a few times - like 10x or something insane.

I often think of drug dosing like caffeine. A cup of coffee ain't gonna do shit if you been drinking 5 energy drinks a day for a month strait.

Like others have said; you have to take some time off and really back off on the amounts. I remember smoking many times a day, many moons ago, and I got to a point where I wasn't even really getting high any more, at least for the most part, and all I would do is consume as much as I could to kind of chase the dragon. But it was just a waste of time, money, etc. Fast forward many years later and I hardly consume, but when I do, it is fabulous. Also, if you use concentrates or tinctures you'll jack up your tolerance and that's obviously a factor, of course. T breaks with THC are one of the few things that can help it feel as satisfying as you'd like it to be, and in doing so experience less negative side effects. And for many people I know that used to be daily smokers (often 3 or 4x daily), limiting their intake keeps it worthwhile for them.

There was a book I found in our high school library years ago called Chocolate To Morphine by Andrew Weil. There was a statement in the "marijuana" section that I won't forget that I consider truth. (yup the term marijuana was used even in the cool books back then until we switched to cannabis). But it said even a 24 hour break really can help tolerance. I have been smoking for 48 years. (only 2 1/2 years off in that time when I got piss tested for parole) Never really smoked all day long but twice a day at least. Two puffs from a glass pipe still stones me. And If I add in another smoke that day I can get a bigger tolerance. But one day off and when I smoke I am high as a kite when I smoke next. A month off and I am tripping when I smoke again. I am not sure that works if someone smokes all day long. I do know people that do that.

Yeah I was thinking about synthetics today out of the blue. I did like jwh-018. Tried a few others. A light user of those. Have not had any synthetics since 2015. I had read the tolerance horror stories on those. Took some people a few months off of synthetics to feel regular weed again.

@S-Dog I'm guessing tolerance. I wrecked my tolerance by using water soluble THC every day for about 8? months. Then I couldn't buy the product anymore after it was delisted from the government store. So I turned to cartridges and was using a 0.5g cart every 2.5 days. Not burned out but I was still just keeping my tolerance up.

Ended up buying a Volcano, started using flower only and I've settled down to switching back and forth between two ounces. I use dosing capsules with the Volcano and that quantifies and helps to watch my tolerance.

It's still possible to increase tolerance through an over exuberant use of the Volcano. Haven't greened out, but have pulled one tight-whitey. Also, with the temperature control you can make it more of a head or body buzz.

Tom

Yeah I was thinking about synthetics today out of the blue. I did like jwh-018. Tried a few others. A light user of those. Have not had any synthetics since 2015. I had read the tolerance horror stories on those. Took some people a few months off of synthetics to feel regular weed again.

I never tried any of those lab chem type of things but I did notice pretty early on that Delta-8 absolutely destroys my tolerance. I'd have to double my dose every time I used it even with a week gap. Everyone says I'm crazy but i swear there's something about d8 that just drives my tolerance sky high. I'm guess most people don't notice because they're not frequent users or are maybe new to smoking and it's all they've tried

there's something about d8 that just drives my tolerance sky high
It sounds like you are a recreational user and finding the subtleties of D8 to be underwhelming and thus upping your dose.

D8 is most beneficial for medicinal users in my opinion.

It sounds like you are a recreational user and finding the subtleties of D8 to be underwhelming and thus upping your dose.

D8 is most beneficial for medicinal users in my opinion.

I would think it would be bad for medical users if it pushes your tolerance so high. imagine if other medications required you to infinitely up your dose. seems unhelpful when real weed doesn't have that issue, at least, not nearly to the same extent

I would think it would be bad for medical users if it pushes your tolerance so high. imagine if other medications required you to infinitely up your dose. seems unhelpful when real weed doesn't have that issue, at least, not nearly to the same extent
I've been using it for years with no increase in my dosages.

Controlling tolerance is about discipline.

I've been using it for years with no increase in my dosages.

Controlling tolerance is about discipline.
well regardless, if one increases your tolerance more than the other, the choice would seem clear to me. my problem is i don't really have access to proper weed at the moment and I'm stuck with what ever the local smoke shops are carrying at the time

well regardless, if one increases your tolerance more than the other, the choice would seem clear to me. my problem is i don't really have access to proper weed at the moment and I'm stuck with what ever the local smoke shops are carrying at the time
Top shelf THCa flower labelled as hemp is really easy to find right now. The 2023 farm billing is right around the corner so that will change soon too.

Anyway, if delta 8 isn't for you it isn't for you. Find the cannabinoid that works best they really are everywhere right now.

Top shelf THCa flower labelled as hemp is really easy to find right now. The 2023 farm billing is right around the corner so that will change soon too.

Anyway, if delta 8 isn't for you it isn't for you. Find the cannabinoid that works best they really are everywhere right now.

proper bud is still illigal where i live. not that that's stopped me before but i have no connections here so all i have access to are the weird, grey market kind of stuff like D8, D10, HHC, etc and i can't say I like any of them in comparison to the real thing

proper bud is still illigal where i live. not that that's stopped me before but i have no connections here so all i have access to are the weird, grey market kind of stuff like D8, D10, HHC, etc and i can't say I like any of them in comparison to the real thing
THCa flower labelled as hemp is regular weed. If you are in the US you can legally order regular weed in the mail. At least for now.