• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am i able to take LSD at 14

Eye dropped around that age and I know a few people who took it at the age of 10-12 and they're fine lol. One of them is extremely intelligent. Some people simply can't handle it though and it could trigger mental illnesses.

It'll probably delay your brain's development in one way or another... the amphtamines probably already caused more damage imo.

To be fair, many things can hinder brain development. And they aren't just illicit substances either. Everything from problem solving to nutrition plays a huge role.

But I also would advise against taking anything until one is 18 or older.

I've only taken LSD a few times but the first time I took it I was 15. I did it in my room at night after my family went to bed and I enjoyed it ALOT. I always had lots of lights on though. I watched Magical Mystery Tour and took a trip. I say you'll be fine, I woke up feeling like a very happy person.

Summer of 1972 I was 14 , and LSD found me while I was out trying to score some weed . Such a tiny little brown square in sellotape - later told by a mate's older brother it was an " English brown dot " .....
So small it was - how could it possibly affect me , I wondered ?
I managed to cut it in half with a Stanley knife , and took 1 piece while pretending to do my homework . About an hour later the first sign of anything happening was a black and white poster changing into fluoro green and orange colors ..., WTF !!! ..... I knew then I was going to be in for quite a ride ...... I crawled into bed and blissed out in in total ecstasy until dawn ..... the most amazing experience of my life to date .

[ Next night , not knowing about tolerance , I took the other half tab , and virtually nothing at all happened - a tragic waste of fine cid ]

You will be fine. The other people that are commenting are ageist freaks. LSD is harmless at any age

Of course it's physically harmless but that doesn't mean you should go breaking through the doors of perception before you even know what the world let alone you are.

No

No. I'm 46. I did mushrooms the first time when I was 18. I've probably done psychedelics 30 times over the last thirty years. I'm a responsible person, with a job and a family. I have a couple of kids now. One's sixteen, one's twelve. I wouldn't want either of them doing psychedelics till they're older. There is no rush. There is lots of time. Learn how to meditate, do yoga, and when you come into psychedelics you'll have a foundation. Meditation is more important than Psychedelics, and it's the only discipline that will put you in touch with the same archetypes. Also, if you can don't do chemicals. Do organics. They're easier on you. Be careful where you do them, and who you do them with. Start writing your dreams down. They come from the same place that Psychedelics will take you too. There is a lot of other things for you. Be disciplined.

Last edited:
A source that has dubious ideals and sells blotters to children will also not stop from selling you some recent RC as acid. So have fun with the nbome/DOx at your child's birthday party.

WHAT???? There is NOTHING wrong with selling blotters to kids. What the fuck???

No. I'm 46. I did mushrooms the first time when I was 18. I've probably done psychedelics 30 times over the last thirty years. I'm a responsible person, with a job and a family. I have a couple of kids now. One's sixteen, one's twelve. I wouldn't want either of them doing psychedelics till they're older. There is no rush. There is lots of time. Learn how to meditate, do yoga, and when you come into psychedelics you'll have a foundation. Meditation is more important than Psychedelics, and it's the only discipline that will put you in touch with the same archetypes. Also, if you can don't do chemicals. Do organics. They're easier on you. Be careful where you do them, and who you do them with. Start writing your dreams down. They come from the same place that Psychedelics will take you too. There is a lot of other things for you. Be disciplined.

Natural psychs are crap compared to things that are made by people for people. How dare you shit on chems? You do know that plants and fungi don't make their compounds to get you high. They make them as poison, so you don't eat it. If you want to trip, use something that is made to be tripped on. IMO, doing shrooms or cacti is like gobbling down cough syrup or huffing whipped cream. I don't have a problem with using pure and synthetic DXM, psilocin, psilocybin, mescaline or nitrous, but doing this natural garbage is pointless.

Like many others in this thread, I would strongly advise against it.

I started experimenting with psychedelics when I was 16. I do not regret taking psychedelics, but I definitely regret not waiting until I was at least 18, possibly 20+. LSD is physically harmless, but too much tripping while you're young will make it hard to integrate those experiences into the real world when you're older.

I know many people who started taking psychedelics around your age. Very few of them turned out OK. I can think of a few of my friends who were able to go on to lead productive, fulfulling lives...and many of these people stopped taking psychedelics at or around age 20. I also know far too many friends who did not turn out so well...many of them are now either psychotic, addicted to heroin/alcohol/benzos/etc, or dead.

I'm not trying to scare you, but my best advice is to please wait. Wait until you're at least 18, ideally. Go find a hobby that fascinates you. Do your homework, and study whatever the fuck you want to. Read books. Get into hobbies. Learn to drive, date girls (or guys, or whatever you want), have as much sex as you want but for God's sake wear a condom. Just grow up and live. Try and develop yourself, not just as a person but as the best person you can be. Taking too many psychedelics, especially when you're young, will make you question who you are. If you go into the grown adult world having no idea who you are, you'll find it difficult to integrate into society.

Trust me, this all comes from experience. These days I like to think I've adapted to the adult work okay...I'm studying environmental engineering at a technical college this fall, and going to transfer to a good, fairly well known university in the spring. I also have a job that I love, and a very loving family and group of friends. I consider myself blessed and very lucky. I'm also on 3 different psychiatric medications, and have only somewhat recently (in the past year or two) been doing my best to recover from a very, very fucked up few years of mental illness and drug addiction.

You're going to do what you want, but I hope you really read through this thread and take to heart what most of these people are saying. Please wait at least a few years.

EDIT: Also, as I've seen a few suggesting - meditation, yoga, and exercise are really really great ways to get naturally high, and they will help you very much in the long run.

Last edited:
Nexus Tripper, You do understand that naturally occurring psychedelics in mushrooms, cactus, and from the plants that produce ayahuasca have been used ritually as religious tools for thousands of years, and it has only been since the late nineteenth century that people have been able to synthesize these chemicals? I would trust thousands of years of trial and error before I would trust some chemist, who is synthesizing chemicals to make money....

Are you able to? Of course. You seek it and eat the blotter.

However, over the next decade your outlook on life will change drastically as you develop into a fully mature adult homo sapien. It's probably better to save the psychedelics for a more stable period of your physical development, but the choice is up to you.

Personally I just wish I never smoked all that weed and hash oil because it left me with a chronic panic attack disorder that I know I never would have developed if I hadn't abused weed for a decade putting off the inevitable fact that I had to quit. I can still use psychedelics just fine though, and those are what I have always valued. Weed always sucked for me and was personally a very stupid, bad, nasty habit that I learned nothing from. However that would be an aversion to and discomfort with some memories of regrettable past actions that have led me to the person I am today, all of which is valuable as learning through experience, whether negative or positive. I have learned some of lifes toughest lessons through unbearable suffering and loss. It didn't go as planned. I wanted to eat healthy, exercise like crazy, meditate, and use psychedelics all on a consistent basis. But I ran into some serious problems. There is a natural purity to aversion, and obscured thoughts, as there is with everything leading up to the cosmos. It's all good, for everyone, we just tend to forget that sometimes. If not this lifetime, there's always the next. There's no such thing as death, or pain, or happiness, let only shit like computers, buildings and cars. The world as Maya is illusion. You're composed of particles of matter that might be 13.82 billion years old or something like that, everyone is a wise old soul, the Universe perpetually evolving to discover and exam itself through us mortals. Wake up without a hangover every morning and experience the magical wonder of the cosmos!

Last edited:
Nexus Tripper, You do understand that naturally occurring psychedelics in mushrooms, cactus, and from the plants that produce ayahuasca have been used ritually as religious tools for thousands of years, and it has only been since the late nineteenth century that people have been able to synthesize these chemicals? I would trust thousands of years of trial and error before I would trust some chemist, who is synthesizing chemicals to make money....

Not to mention all of the synthetic psychs we have today come from tweaking the structure of natural psychedelic alkaloids, i wouldn't pay attention to the bullshit nexustripper is spewing, from what i understand it happens alot with this particular bluelighter.....

i did shrooms with a mate (He didn't do it with me, instead he went to go smoke weed since its "natural & healthy"), he fucked up my day. My mate put me through the worst shit during my trip, He got me into some cunts car and the driver was a speeder going 100km on a 40 road with speed bumps. Then he took me out to some fucked up smoking spot. Forced me into doing a bong hit while i was already off my head on shrooms (Made my trip 100x more intense) The whole day i was regretting ever doing mushrooms and going out with this cunt. he took me to places that i never heard of, always done stupid shit and made stupid fucking sounds. God it was a fucking horrible trip, The best part of the trip was when i walked into my house luckily no one was home. I was going to spend the whole day with him but fuck sakes this cunt would not let me have a seat so i can calm down. That day i lost myself, i was going to cry because the trip was so god damn intense and i thought i was in it for good. my friend yelled at me because i didn't want to go out to buy food, Everything seemed so difficult to me. Mate end of story if your going to do a psychedelic do it by yourself. Friends just ruin it. I once did DMT infront of this kid and he fucking ruined my trip because he kept making stupid fucking bird sounds, fucking felt like punching this cunt.

LSD is a strong drug. It really is. I think that since your brain is still developing that is a bad idea.

actually this has been debunked. It was something some cannabis propaganda team came up with. Your brain continues developing at a similar rate into your 30's or 40's or perhaps even through your entire life according to science. If brain development is your concern you don't have to worry any more for a 15 year old than a 28 year old.

i did shrooms with a mate (He didn't do it with me, instead he went to go smoke weed since its "natural & healthy"), he fucked up my day. My mate put me through the worst shit during my trip, He got me into some cunts car and the driver was a speeder going 100km on a 40 road with speed bumps. Then he took me out to some fucked up smoking spot. Forced me into doing a bong hit while i was already off my head on shrooms (Made my trip 100x more intense) The whole day i was regretting ever doing mushrooms and going out with this cunt. he took me to places that i never heard of, always done stupid shit and made stupid fucking sounds. God it was a fucking horrible trip, The best part of the trip was when i walked into my house luckily no one was home. I was going to spend the whole day with him but fuck sakes this cunt would not let me have a seat so i can calm down. That day i lost myself, i was going to cry because the trip was so god damn intense and i thought i was in it for good. my friend yelled at me because i didn't want to go out to buy food, Everything seemed so difficult to me. Mate end of story if your going to do a psychedelic do it by yourself. Friends just ruin it. I once did DMT infront of this kid and he fucking ruined my trip because he kept making stupid fucking bird sounds, fucking felt like punching this cunt.

I'd say the moral of the story is always pay attention to set and setting. Sounds like your friend is a real fucker... but plenty of people aren't. If you trust a person and know them very well, and you know they'd be good to trip around, then having that friend present could be a great thing and add to the trip. If you don't feel totally comfortable with someone, or they're an asshole, or whatever, then don't trip with them under any circumstances. There's also nothing wrong with tripping alone.

Sorry you had to deal with that... early on in my tripping days I tripped with a friend too who really ruined the trip for me. But hopefully this is a lesson to you about your setting.

Damn Xorkoth, I don't think I've ever seen you curse until now. :)

He's right though. That guy doesn't sound like a friend, but more like a douchebag acquaintance. I've seen a lot of those types that's being described here; my friends and I don't like those either. Belligerent, too manic, callous towards others and just an overall pos. Unfortunately I've had plenty of run-ins like that, but I'd never let them get the best of me. And you shouldn't either.

I only acquiesce to actual kind people. :)

Don't ever resign yourself to tripping with people you're not comfortable with, or people you don't trust. When I was younger, I disliked tripping alone but I'd rather have done that than trip with a person like that.

no do not do lsd at the age of 14 that is way to young, wait till your at least 21, id recommend somewhere around 23-25 before using any drug.

these are valuable for other young people searching, bump for prune