• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam vs Valium vs Clonazepam

Hahaha what the hell are you talking about dude? I get euphoria and I know I'm not the only one. Xanies will have me exercising, working hard, and feeling good. And good luck with the pins I'm glad they work for you.

I was talking about the fact that now I cannot feel any euphoria after using and abusing benzos for so damn long.

Man tell me about it. i been taking them for so long at such a high dose man that, id most likely have a seizure if i miss 1 day. I never take them to get high. They do not do anything in terms of euphoria. I took them because of severe panic and anxiety attacks. Than my doctor started me on adderall now thats what get you high as a kite. And it just so happened that benzo's are the best thing to counter the comedown from the amps as well as any side effects anxiety jittery not being able to sleep ect. So it worked hand and hand. I was takeing my prescribed dose. until the adderall. The higher i felt. the more adderall i took, than the more benozo's i would need to sleep and relax. So it turned into where my tolerance increased to the benzo's cause i was taking more than prescribed for other issues. Now the main reason i take them is to prevent withdraws. Man i go to sleep with 4 or 5 milligrams in my system. when i get up 6 hours later my whole body is shaking. needed another dose all ready. From what i read and seen. Alcohol and benzo's are the most dangerous to come off of because you will die. They help to lower you heart rate and blood pressure. than if you dont have them. it will have a paradoxial effect and give you a damn stroke. luckily i have a steady supply. and im going to school to be a psychologist as we speak. Either way i know i need to eventually come off this stuff. But just now is not the time. and anyone who is on or has been taking more than 4mgs of kpin or xanax a day for atleast 6 months bro. your gonna need medical detox trust. that. You thought you can only hallucinate from cetain drugs. but i hate to tell you. you can hallucinate from withdraws too and this is the worst be careful is all. enjoy them but always have a back up plan incase you run out

I wouldnt use online pharms, most of those have a DEA watch list. Valium is a great sub for xan though.

I wouldnt use online pharms, most of those have a DEA watch list. Valium is a great sub for xan though.
Yeah i wouldnt use online pharms either. Its just fortunate enough im luckily i have a family doc. who prescribes me 60 of the xanax xr 3mg tabs a month can not get any higher of a dose. And my psychiatrist gives me the klonopin 30 tabs 1mg everymonth. and my sister gets me the ativan 1mg every month than i get the adderall xr 20mg 60 of them a month from my family doc. and than the adderall I.R 10mg 90 tabs a month from my psych. so its all legit. And my insurance cover's both its crazy. But i manage to control my usage in moderation and tend not to go over board i still function normally and am not overdosing. So key is be smart. i have 2 docs just incased 1 stops seeing me i have one to fall back on. Not because ill miss the high, but to prevent withdraws. once that happens and im down to one doc. ill have to cut back cause xanax and adderall cause withdraws. And btw Vailum sucks it has to be the weakest benzo of all. I was withdrawing one day and the emergency room doc said how much xanax are you on i was on 4mgs at the time he said omg. Well if you want the equivalant in vailume 1/2 mg of xanax equals 10mgs of val. So i would need to take 80mgs of val just to equal my dose of xanax. And this is just to prevent withdrawls i do not even feel anything by it. i can take 6mgs of xanax and feel fine.

I like valium and xanax. klonopin make me crazy/depressed. With valium/xanax I can chill and it feels euphoric, although not as euphoric as opiates/uppers. I feel clonazepam only good with other downers, but you have to be careful. Most fucked up I've ever been on opiates was buprenorphine and clonazepam combo. Use lower dose if you're going to mix it.

Alprazolam is the most recreational, hardest-hitting, the only one that's in any way euphoric, highly anxiolytic, but also highly amnesic, short-acting, addictive, and easy to binge and black out on.

Clonazepam is the longest-lasting (in terms of duration of effect, IME - forget half-life, I don't count the residual barely noticeable grogginess from diazepam's metabolites to be effects anymore), very potent, most relaxing, not very sedating, and has generally good applications for all-round use, medical and recreational. Less likely to cause "benzo fury" in me than most others.

Diazepam is the most boring, the most average-feeling of the three. It's a jack-of-all-trades which doesn't feel particularly potent in any particular area, but compared to the other two which fall hard in the anxiolytic category, Valium is more sedating. I find it has no recreational use except in combination with other drugs, and medicinally it's decent for comedowns and sleep, but for genuine conditions like panic or insomnia, there are often benzos with effects more directed at those issues. I find it has an intermediate duration of somewhere between 5-8 hours, but if you take it regularly you will start to feel little general slowness after a few days due to the long half-life and active metabolite accumulation.

I tend to be redundant in saying this, but it's important: Benzos are best left as MEDICINE. People who abuse benzos make it much harder for people with horrible anxiety to get these prescriptions. /Rant

My Medical Appreciations:

Alprazolam - Short acting. Perfect for stopping panic attacks in their tracks. Calm me down in time to consider my panic and think it through. Wonderful breakthrough panic medication.

Clonazepam - Never been prescribed. From colleagues' experiences, I'd say it is a good anti-anxiety medication, nearly as efficacious as alprazolam but much long lasting. Unless you have the wafers, Clonazepam is probably better suited for anxiety as opposed to panic attacks.

Dizepam - I appreciate Diazepam mostly for its muscle relaxant properties. Best muscle relaxer I've tried (never tried Soma). Anti-anxiety profile is okay, but doesn't touch xanax in my mind. For me, it was far more sedating than ^.

DumbPenguin said:
I tend to be redundant in saying this, but it's important: Benzos are best left as MEDICINE. People who abuse benzos make it much harder for people with horrible anxiety to get these prescriptions. /Rant
Fuck that shit, any adult should be free to take whatever the fuck they want. Benzos are great recreational drugs, naturally some people will abuse them. Prohibition makes it harder for people with horrible anxiety to get benzo. The DEA scares these bitch ass doctors away from prescribing these great meds!:x

I've been on clonazepam pretty much continuously for decades, on and off w/others. I get NO rec effect from clon, unless I happen to take opiates at the same time. (It's Rx'd for Panic Disorder). Was on lorazepam or alprazolam in addition, as-needed.

I'd take diazepam over alprazolam for rec use. 60-80mg +diaz/dose is the min. that makes diaz work for me, but then after time the old dosage escalation.

I've been on high (16-12mg+/day) amts of alps but these days 3 or 4 tombstones does a LOT more for me.

This thread is re: diaz, alp and clon; but of course I have faves. I love estazolam (many don't love it)...or course temaz and the ultra-shorts are great but not my "thang."

Now, Lendormin----that's a choice one.

^ Yeah I couldn't agree more there man! In the early days of me using benzos, I felt great effects from all of them in their own ways. But for about a year now I only ever want to take valium, and even if I take slightly too much of that, then it is no good for me mentally for the days or weeks afterwards. I used to love Xanax, and used to be able to take heaps of it, but the last couple of times was hell. Just like clonazepam, xanax also makes me manic as hell after the initial effects, which lead me to self harm and do other things I wish I had not. I say if you need to, just stick to valium.

I agree with some of the above posts, like xanax makes me feel crappy. I am scripted klonopins, I find they are the best anxiety reliever, and best overall. Valium is the most euphoric, but not the best for anxiety.

Yes one Benzodiazepine can be used to in place of another to avoid withdrawal. It is done all the time.

Long thread, lots of different opinions.

I have a rx for clonazepam 0.5mg written for twice a day. I only take them PRN, which has become one everyday lately. I took 2 for my brother's funeral. Certainly calm, no doubt about it. And after a vicodin and 3-4 beers, driving was not a problem. Tomorrow I have oral surgery, this will be the 5th time. Implants, bone grafts, all the good stuff. My anxiety level is up there now, tomorrow it will be off the chart. Believe it or not, the worst part is the multiple novocain injections to the roof of my mouth and the anticipation of same. No conscious sedation, just NO2 (I breathe very deeply). The last time I think I pre-medicated with 2 clonazepam, that definitely helped. Another time it was clonazepam, and a vicodin at halftime. (its brutal). Presently I have (3) 0.5mg lorazepams in addition to the clonazepam. I'll have 2 hours afterwards before I drive. Whats the best choice/combo to keep me off the ceiling?

Only do this if you are 100% sure there is no pre med.

I would take the lorazepam (1.5mg) before you get into the chair.
Once you are out of the chair your anxiety would be naturally less because the procedure was over.
And just take it from there.

Only do this if you are 100% sure there is no pre med.

I would take the lorazepam (1.5mg) before you get into the chair.
Once you are out of the chair your anxiety would be naturally less because the procedure was over.
And just take it from there.

Sorry, need that extra boost; you feel that will do a better job than the clonazepam?

The Lorazepam has a shorter half life and a quicker onset of action.
That's why I would take it before the procedure.
And yes I feel it would do a better job than clonazepam. (But that is just my opinion).
You can take the clonazepam afterwards if needed.

Alp<clon<diaz

andi def think brand name xanax is better than generics, the only generic that comes close is the greenstone brand and its because they are made by a subsidiary of pfizer. dava makes shitty 2mg bars. they are big green and chalky. hardly taste bitter at all where the greenstones are nasty bitter and leave a bitter trail going down. ymmv

this is soo hard, i like klonopin alot, but valium is really good too. valium kicks in quicker than kpin and is a better hypnotic, but kpin has a longer peak imo and is has better mucle relaxant properties IMO...., i just havent had valium much.

don;t get me wrong, xanax is fun, and is good in its own way. it packs a punch, kicks in super kick, but has no legs; so i get cracked out when i come down leading me to take more xanax. alprazolam works well delivering anxiolysis, but is not very sedating, and sucks in the muscle relaxent/anti-epileptic department. finally, xanax is a short-acting benzo so it causes me to crash. as a result, I (and most people) am/are prone to taking more and more; eventually forgetting that i have taken any xanax at all, then i take more causing me to blacking out, but i still take more because i am unaware of what is happening. since xanax isn't sedative for me, i want to go out and talk to people and then once take too much, im mobile, zonked, and blacked-out roaming around doing shit, getting arrested, stealing shit, ect, ect...

xanax is a definitely a benzo, and i would love to take it/buy some if i could because it is MUCH better than nothing, it is actually pretty fun with some opates/ or a little alch.

I AM NOT CONDONING POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE, PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR DRUG USE. YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS YOUR LIMITS, SO BE AWARE, KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND MODERATE WHEN USING DRUGS! PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY DUE TO UNINTENTIONALLY TAKING MORE DRUGS THAN THEY CAN HANDLE, MIXING DRUGS AND TAKING TOO MUCH OF EACH, & NOT KNOWING THE POTENCY OF YOUR GEAR/DRUGS

Last edited: