• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Allergic to LSD?! (pictures)

Wow weird shit man! that first pic is classic btw.

I think like others said it had to be something other than alergic to lsd, either the blotter or some kind of injury. Injuries are really tough to notice when your not lookin for them(the tripsitter) and when your tripping hard(you) I think you probably just bit it or somethin during hard tripping. Especially if you been using mdma alot cause then your kinda accustomed to gnawing.

If it was really allergic to lsd wouldnt it have more effects than just a swollen lip?

If the discomfort of the allergic reaction is pretty severe, I would not use LSD. Also, if you want to use benadryl to reduce the swelling, I would do so at caution: benadryl has SSRI-like activity which may or may not be a bad combination with a serotonin-like molecule such as LSD.

samadhi_smiles said:
I dont think you could get a full dose of DOM on a regular blotter. Gels definitely (seen em!), but regular blotter paper wouldn't hold 2-4mg.

My friend had a sunshine blotter from the golden age of psychedelia (late 60s/early 70s) and that thing was about 1cmx1cmx2mm. It was thick as a brick and could easily hold a lot of whatever substance... Not disagreeing with you here, just fantasizing about huge, juicy blotters :D

BiG StroOnZ said:
photoshopped.
naw i wish. thats why i came here to ask about this bc i figured if anyone had heard of anything i would find somethin out here. i'm new to psychedelic drugs but all my friends that have tripped before said they had never seen or heard of anything like it..

psychedelicious said:
My friend had a sunshine blotter from the golden age of psychedelia (late 60s/early 70s) and that thing was about 1cmx1cmx2mm. It was thick as a brick and could easily hold a lot of whatever substance... Not disagreeing with you here, just fantasizing about huge, juicy blotters :D
the blotters we had were tiny. the first time i dropped some cid (even tho i barely tripped at all) they were on some sugar cubes. the blotters we had were like .5cmX.5cm and barely thicker than some notebook paper (they felt kinda like really thin white cardboard.. maybe about as thick as some regular construction paper.. the stuff u use to cut and glue back in elementary school lol).. and those were actually the first time i had ever actually seen blotters.. are they all that small or does it just depend?

Blotters can be all different sizes. The bigger/thicker a single hit of blotter is, the more you should suspect it isn't LSD.

1) he had an allergic reaction to LSD.
2) the drug was not actually LSD but some RC or something
3) he had an allergic reaction to something on the blotter other than LSD.4) he had an allergic reaction to something in the environment that by a very strange coincidence happened when he took LSD.

Dyes made from coal tar (azo dyes) are notorious for causing an allergic reaction, which isone of the reasons so many of them a re banned from use in foodstuff. If I had to make a 'j'accuse' I'd say that one of the dyes on the blotter would be my first choice. Just because these dyes are prohibited from foodstuffs means fuck all to the printers of the pictures on the blotters (asd we all know, QC in clandestine drugs & their delivery forms are non-existant)

Just looks like you were sucking on your lip. If you were in that much of a state that you couldn't remember whether or not you got into a fight, you probably didn't notice subconsciously sucking, and biting your upper lip.

This happens to my cousin all the time, he thought he'd got into a fight the first time it happened and he had forgot about it - until we caught on, when he took it again he was sitting making weird faces & sucking his lips

fastandbulbous said:
Dyes made from coal tar (azo dyes) are notorious for causing an allergic reaction, which isone of the reasons so many of them a re banned from use in foodstuff. If I had to make a 'j'accuse' I'd say that one of the dyes on the blotter would be my first choice. Just because these dyes are prohibited from foodstuffs means fuck all to the printers of the pictures on the blotters (asd we all know, QC in clandestine drugs & their delivery forms are non-existant)

the original poster already said "the blotter paper we had didnt have any ink or anything on it. it was just white".

i don't mean any personal offense to you but as a "senior moderator" shouldn't you at least read through threads before responding? (or perhaps you did and you just missed it?)

omg if my lips did that in the middle of my trip i would probably be so fucking confused

youre eyes look awesome in the second pic lol
looks like you got yourself some good hits there :)

ladyinthesky said:
omg if my lips did that in the middle of my trip i would probably be so fucking confused

youre eyes look awesome in the second pic lol
looks like you got yourself some good hits there :)

You can clearly tell that his eyes look the same in both the before and after pictures.

It's quite obvious he's busting everybody's balls here. Acid doesn't do that, never has and never will.

Because allergic reactions only happen within minutes if the allergy is severe (read: life-threatening). This is obviously a minor allergic reaction to something (LSD or otherwise) and thus it makes sense it would take awhile to show up.

LSDreamer said:
Because allergic reactions only happen within minutes if the allergy is severe (read: life-threatening). This is obviously a minor allergic reaction to something (LSD or otherwise) and thus it makes sense it would take awhile to show up.

I don't believe it. There's no evidence shown here that LSD causes that sort of allergic reaction, and if any is available it would have shown up already. I've never heard of this happen before ever...

Neither has anybody else which is why it's so odd. If you read the thread, you'd see everybody's drawn a blank and we'll just have to wait until he trips again next month to find out if it's the LSD or if it was just a fluke.

LSDreamer said:
Neither has anybody else which is why it's so odd. If you read the thread, you'd see everybody's drawn a blank and we'll just have to wait until he trips again next month to find out if it's the LSD or if it was just a fluke.

Gullible is just on your ceilings...

LSDreamer said:

Also I'd like to add to this statement as being entirely false, from just one of my own personal experiences. For instance, I had an allergic reaction from getting stung by a hive-full of bees. I'm not allergic to bees, so it didn't kill me but my body was definitely in a fight-or-flight situation. However, I didn't experience any of the reaction until approximately 3-4 hours later. Wherein the first initial signs of the reaction beginning, was around the time my arm-pits swelled up to the size of grape-fruits. Then from there, it just started getting out of hand (hospitalized), but again this was all three to four hours later!

Last edited by a moderator:
BiG StroOnZ said:
Also I'd like to add to this statement as being entirely false, from just one of my own personal experiences. For instance, I had an allergic reaction from getting stung by a hive-full of bees. I'm not allergic to bees, so it didn't kill me but my body was definitely in a fight-or-flight situation. However, I didn't experience any of the reaction until approximately 3-4 hours later. Wherein the first initial signs of the reaction beginning, was around the time my arm-pits swelled up to the size of grape-fruits. Then from there, it just started getting out of hand (hospitalized), but again this was all three to four hours later!

wtf are you talking about? first you said you weren't allergic to bees, then you say you were hospitalized.

furthermore, it is entirely possible to have a delayed allergic reaction to a drug. your behavior is totally irrational.

My reaction to HBWR seeds occurred 2 or 3 hours after eating them. It may have been something else that caused it, since I never got those symptoms from eating them the many previous times I ate them. I did get the same symptoms from breathing in some of the dust once. Maybe the seeds were contaminated with an allergen.

My sinus problems became severe before I vomited, so it could not have been from getting seed particles in my nose when I puked. The eyelid swelling started about an hour later.

I see no reason why the original poster could not have had a delayed reaction and no reason for him to make this up.

burn out said:
wtf are you talking about? first you said you weren't allergic to bees, then you say you were hospitalized.

furthermore, it is entirely possible to have a delayed allergic reaction to a drug. your behavior is totally irrational.

If BiG StroOnZ was stung by many bees, he could have needed medical treatment even if he was not allergic to bees. Getting stung too many times could be dangerous to anyone. I assume he was hospitalized due to the large number of stings.

Someone with a severe allergy would have been in big trouble within minutes of a single sting. Anaphylactic shock from a severe allergic reaction usually occurs pretty quickly after exposure to the allergen.

Maybe some posters just don't want to think LSD might cause such a reaction. If so, I don't see why. If it was the lsd that caused it, it is obviously an extremely rare occurrence. It does not change the fact that LSD is nearly harmless when it comes to toxicity.

Last edited:
Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
My reaction to HBWR seeds occurred 2 or 3 hours after eating them. It may have been something else that caused it, since I never got those symptoms from eating them the many previous times I ate them. I did get the same symptoms from breathing in some of the dust once. Maybe the seeds were contaminated with an allergen.

My sinus problems became severe before I vomited, so it could not have been from getting seed particles in my nose when I puked. The eyelid swelling started about an hour later.

I see no reason why the original poster could not have had a delayed reaction and no reason for him to make this up.

If BiG StroOnZ was stung by many bees, he could have needed medical treatment even if he was not allergic to bees. Getting stung too many times could be dangerous to anyone. I assume he was hospitalized due to the large number of stings.

yes i'm not an idiot i understood that, my point is how does his example prove the original poster didn't have an allergic reaction to lsd? if indeed he was hospitalized because of too many stings and not because of an allergic reaction, then his analogy would serve no purpose. that's why i said his post made no sense.

Maybe some posters just don't want to think LSD might cause such a reaction. If so, I don't see why. If it was the lsd that caused it, it is obviously an extremely rare occurrence. It does not change the fact that LSD is nearly harmless when it comes to toxicity.

i agree, i just looked up the side affects profile for morphine, which when used in therapeutic doses is widely regarded as one of the safest drugs known and it says Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

if morphine can cause this reaction, then why not lsd? i know they're not similar chemically but very dissimilar chemicals can cause similar allergic reactions. i've never known of someone being allergic to morphine (even though it's used for more commonly than lsd) so i'm assuming it's very rare for people to be allergic to morphine. so if lsd can cause the same type of reaction, it wouldn't be at all surprising that it hadn't been documented before since it would be very rare. and especially because of the fact that in cases where it does happen, it's difficult, if not impossible to prove whether lsd was the culprit or whether the reaction occurred for other reasons and by mere coincidence, happened when the victim was using lsd.

but the main point i am trying to drive home here is that the perspective that BiG StroOnZ is taking on this issue is irrational.

this is an issue which to me, is much larger than this thread. basically if someone comes to you with a somewhat unusual inquiry, i believe that it is both scientifically and morally wrong to immediately write them off as lying. even if you suspect they are lying, or wish to present it as a possibility, you cannot claim it as positively true because it is simply impossible to know that for certain. it is impossible to say with 100% certainty that the original poster of this thread is lying. to do so is not only disrespectful but also an insult to proper scientific inquiry. for example, if every time a patient had an allergic reaction to morphine the doctors concluded "well that is not a known affect of morphine, therefore you must be lying" then of course the affect would never get documented, as no other rare affects would. this is not how science and medicine operate. you have to examine every possibility however remote it may seem, in order to be intellectually honest. that's why you find so many case studies where the doctors conclude they cannot determine what the cause of their patients condition was but they still document things as possible.

and in this case, there is not even any motive for lying or any evidence whatsoever to suggest the original poster is trying to be deceptive. it shouldn't have even been brought up in the first place.